Can Symbiote from HU2 attach to Supernatural Creature ?

If Super Heroes/Heroines & Super Villains are your game, discuss them here.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

ESREVER333
Wanderer

Can Symbiote from HU2 attach to Supernatural Creature ?

Unread post by ESREVER333 »

Most mineral or plant type Symbiotes can attach to host on the outside of body or inside the body through the blood stream. I don't see restrictions for them to attach to Supernatural Creatures, let say for example on True Vampire, True Werewolf, True Dragons, or Nightbanes. Help me out here, is this combo great idea?
eliakon
Palladin
Comment: Palladium Books Canon is set solely by Kevin Siembieda, either in person, or by his approval of published material.

Re: Can Symbiote from HU2 attach to Supernatural Creature ?

Unread post by eliakon »

If your GM is allowing you to combine power categories or use non-human races then sure if they think so it works. The default would be 'maybe' since these are a power category not just a piece of gear. My feeling is that it would depend greatly on the creature in question.
The rules are not a bludgeon with which to hammer a character into a game. They are a guide to how a group of friends can get together to weave a collective story that entertains everyone involved. We forget that at our peril.

Edmund Burke wrote:The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."
say652
Palladin
Comment: Avid Cyborg and Braka Braka enthusiast.

Unread post by say652 »

Like anything with a natural healing factor would attack the symbiote driving it from the body. Pissibly killing it.
Tor
Palladin
Comment: If you have something to say, back it up with thoughts and reasons. Simply posting to agree or disagree tends to be a waste.

Unread post by Tor »

I don't agree, having a healing factor doesn't necessarily mean your body would attack a symbiote. These things have means of preventing rejection from normal healing through triggering co-operation rather than overwhelming.
"1st edition? 2nd edition? It doesnt matter! Let's just talk" -Forums of the Megaverse
ESREVER333
Wanderer

Unread post by ESREVER333 »

Symbiotes are not harmful virus that attack the body. It's like getting a vaccination shot, these Symbiotes Benefit the host. Healing Factor should not attack friendly Symbiotes.
say652
Palladin

Unread post by say652 »

I use the bionics clauae for most rulings such as this. Brodkil sure Sea (not really) titans no way in Hades. Cosmoknights no. Fallen Cosmoknight Sure sell me the idea.
Tor
Palladin
Comment: If you have something to say, back it up with thoughts and reasons. Simply posting to agree or disagree tends to be a waste.

Unread post by Tor »

Bionic Brodkil enrage me, I would never want to give up the free unlimited invisibility.

Fallen Cosmoknight Sure sell me the idea.
A Brodkil's hourly healing rate is double that of a Fallen CosmoK, sold?

I'm never sure where to draw the line on who heals too fast to get bionics, but at the very least when we have an example of races that can get them, I figure anyone who heals same or slower can also unless explicitly stated otherwise.

I think we usually resort to Brodkil as examples since they're the most memorable, it'd be neat if we could find the race with the fastest healing confirmed to get bionics.

Seljuk heal 5x as fast as Brodkil and there's one who's a Headhunter on page 179 of Phase World, but I can't see any bionics listed for him... so maybe the limit lies somwhere between 2 and 10 die?
"1st edition? 2nd edition? It doesnt matter! Let's just talk" -Forums of the Megaverse
say652
Palladin

Unread post by say652 »

Regrowth of limbs is when I say no. But if the idea is presented with a reasonable argument as ti why. Convince me.
Tor
Palladin

Unread post by Tor »

I thought I did: if Brodkil can get them and they heal twice as fast as a Fallen Knight then a Fallen Knight's bio-regeneration should only be half as effective at inhibiting or rejecting implants, and thus inadequate.
Ranger
Adventurer
Comment: Tucker Did It!

Unread post by Ranger »

What the GM says is what I would go with. Especially since it may change from player to player.

Return to “Heroes Unlimited™”