Question about the Mega-Power of 'Immortal'

If Super Heroes/Heroines & Super Villains are your game, discuss them here.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Regularguy
Adventurer

Question about the Mega-Power of 'Immortal'

Unread post by Regularguy »

Does the Mega-Power of 'Immortal' include a "does not age" perk?
Nightmask
Palladin

Re: Question about the Mega-Power of 'Immortal'

Unread post by Nightmask »

Seemed self-evident to me that it did, you just don't get the same range of benefits that the Immortal Major power does since you trade them in for the super-fast movie Wolverine Regeneration and ability to recover from anything as long as your bones are kept together.
Fair warning: I consider being called a munchkin a highly offensive slur and do report people when they err in doing so.

'Reality is very disappointing.' - Jonathan Switcher from Mannequin

It's 'canon', not 'cannon'. A cannon is a big gun like on pirate ships, canon is what you mean when referring to something as being contained within one of the books such as how many dice to roll for a stat.
say652
Palladin
Comment: Avid Cyborg and Braka Braka enthusiast.

Unread post by say652 »

Yes the power includes doesn't age. Oddly enough no resistance to radiar though.....
NMI
OLD ONE

Unread post by NMI »

say652 wrote:Yes the power includes doesn't age. Oddly enough no resistance to radiar though.....

what is radiar?
"Freedom is the recognition that no single person, no single authority or government has a monopoly on the truth, but that every individual life is infinitely precious, that every one of us put on this world has been put there for a reason and has something to offer."
Megaversal Ambassador Coordinator
My GoFund Me - Help Me Walk Again
say652
Palladin

Unread post by say652 »

NMI wrote:
say652 wrote:Yes the power includes doesn't age. Oddly enough no resistance to radiar though.....

what is radiar?

My grammar was victimized by autotext.
*Radiation.
NMI
OLD ONE

Unread post by NMI »

say652 wrote:
NMI wrote:

what is radiar?

My grammar was victimized by autotext.
*Radiation.

Why would "Immortality" provide resistance to radiation?
"Freedom is the recognition that no single person, no single authority or government has a monopoly on the truth, but that every individual life is infinitely precious, that every one of us put on this world has been put there for a reason and has something to offer."
say652
Palladin

Unread post by say652 »

Page 276. Major power
Immortality. Under bonuses&Abilities
First one listed.immune to all diseases , sickness and.....wait for it.....the suspense is killing me. ......
Radiation.
Nightmask
Palladin

Unread post by Nightmask »

say652 wrote:Page 276. Major power
First one listed.immune to all diseases , sickness and.....wait for it.....the suspense is killing me. ......
Radiation.

Well as I pointed out Immortal Regeneration trades away those immunities that the Immortality Major Power supplies (along with any of the other bonuses you see) in exchange for a super-fast regenerative ability and the fact that none of that can kill you. No disease, no toxin, no radiation can be intense enough to kill you and you'll always recover rapidly.
Fair warning: I consider being called a munchkin a highly offensive slur and do report people when they err in doing so.

'Reality is very disappointing.' - Jonathan Switcher from Mannequin

It's 'canon', not 'cannon'. A cannon is a big gun like on pirate ships, canon is what you mean when referring to something as being contained within one of the books such as how many dice to roll for a stat.
say652
Palladin

Unread post by say652 »

Nightmask wrote:
Radiation.

Well as I pointed out Immortal Regeneration trades away those immunities that the Immortality Major Power supplies (along with any of the other bonuses you see) in exchange for a super-fast regenerative ability and the fact that none of that can kill you. No disease, no toxin, no radiation can be intense enough to kill you and you'll always recover rapidly.

Yes I know Masker I know but NMI quiz and all.
NMI
OLD ONE

Unread post by NMI »

Radiation.

No need to be a smart-alec. Especially as we were talking about the MEGA power and not the SUPER power.

The Mega power of "Immortal" [not "Immortal Regeneration"] and the Major SUPER POWER of "Immortality" are 2 similar but slightly different powers.

I suppose it is possible that both were meant to be a duplicate of each other. Easy fix - Give them both the exact immunities/resistances/etc...
Tor
Palladin
Comment: If you have something to say, back it up with thoughts and reasons. Simply posting to agree or disagree tends to be a waste.

Unread post by Tor »

I reread the power, it says nothing about stopping aging, so no, the Mega-Power would not implicitly do this like the Major super-ability does. Good reason to select both, if a player wants this. Or if you don't want to spend a major, at least go for the Longevity power in PU1.

Mega-Immortals who aren't Major-Immortals would be super-regenerating old-men that reproduce with their cousins.

That said, seeing as how even when decapitated their corpses don't deteriorate for a century, I'd probably decrease their aging by half. Their lifespan would also probably be more than doubled since they wouldn't die of a lot of the normal things that kill off old people. They should look very grody over time though, like those guys who get cursed with the deific power.
"1st edition? 2nd edition? It doesnt matter! Let's just talk" -Forums of the Megaverse
say652
Palladin

Unread post by say652 »

And possibly several inanities. ... light bulb! To create another villian!
Tinker Dragoon
Supreme Being

Unread post by Tinker Dragoon »

Regularguy wrote:Does the Mega-Power of 'Immortal' include a "does not age" perk?

Strict reading says no, but it is logically implied by the term "immortal."

Still, if someone wanted to play a Mega/Immortal character who looks 2,000 years old, I would be okay with it.
There you go man, keep as cool as you can.
Face piles of trials with smiles. It riles
them to believe that you perceive the web they weave
and keep on thinking free.

-- The Moody Blues, In the Beginning

Return to “Heroes Unlimited™”