kisentite Dagger+Supernatural Strength in an mdc setting.

If Super Heroes/Heroines & Super Villains are your game, discuss them here.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

say652
Palladin
Comment: Avid Cyborg and Braka Braka enthusiast.

kisentite Dagger+Supernatural Strength in an mdc setting.

Unread post by say652 »

Ok.
Kisentite Knife 2D4+3D6+39 sdc damage.
Kisentite Knife 1D4+6D6 MD.
Is this correct damage for an mdc setting?
NMI
OLD ONE

Re: kisentite Dagger+Supernatural Strength in an mdc setting

Unread post by NMI »

If the knife does "2D4 SDC in HU" and say the wielder does 3D6+39 with a regular strength SN PS, then the knife in HU would do 2D4+3D6 [the 3d6 "might" change in Rifts depending on the users PS score.]

I am not sure why you brought it down to 1D4 for the knife unless the books says so.
"Freedom is the recognition that no single person, no single authority or government has a monopoly on the truth, but that every individual life is infinitely precious, that every one of us put on this world has been put there for a reason and has something to offer."
Megaversal Ambassador Coordinator
My GoFund Me - Help Me Walk Again
say652
Palladin

Unread post by say652 »

It said the weapon deals 1/3 dice damage mdc, presumbly wielded by sdc strength.
NMI
OLD ONE

Unread post by NMI »

So it would then it should be as MDC....
1D4+SN PS Full Strength Punch Damage.. in this case: 1D4+3D6 -- in a MDC environment, you are not suppose to add the PS Damage bonus into melee attacks.
"Freedom is the recognition that no single person, no single authority or government has a monopoly on the truth, but that every individual life is infinitely precious, that every one of us put on this world has been put there for a reason and has something to offer."
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Unread post by drewkitty ~..~ »

Could you both please cite where you are getting your numbers for the MD of the blades.
Last edited by drewkitty ~..~ on Fri Mar 28, 2014 1:16 pm, edited 2 times in total.
May you be blessed with the ability to change course when you are off the mark.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
Reading and writing (literacy) is how people on BBS interact.
NMI
OLD ONE

Unread post by NMI »

drewkitty ~..~ wrote:Both of you please cite where you are getting your numbers for the MD of the blades.
You could look up Kisentite weapons in Galaxy Guide and Aliens Unlimited.

I am merely working off of the information provided by the OP.
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

say652 wrote:Ok.

Since you are asking about MD damages I will point out the in RUE page 286, 'SN damage &hand weapons' is says that that damage done when using melee weapons is ether the weapon damage+PS SD bonus OR the full h2h damage from the SNPS damage table...which ever is greater.

CS Navy page 124: Kis. Bayonets do 2d6 MD & swords do 2d6+3 MD. the text further says to add SNPS punch damage. HOWEVER, the CS navy book is pre-RUE. So if you are using RUE as you Canon then disregard the adding SNPS h2h punch damage in CSN.

In AUr kis. Knives do 2d6 SD by themselves.

There are some numbers missing from the ones you provided...the SNPS score in particular.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
eliakon
Palladin
Comment: Palladium Books Canon is set solely by Kevin Siembieda, either in person, or by his approval of published material.

Unread post by eliakon »

drewkitty ~..~ wrote:
say652 wrote:Ok.

Since you are asking about MD damages I will point out the in RUE page 286, 'SN damage &hand weapons' is says that that damage done when using melee weapons is ether the weapon damage+PS SD bonus OR the full h2h damage from the SNPS damage table...which ever is greater.

CS Navy page 124: Kis. Bayonets do 2d6 MD & swords do 2d6+3 MD. the text further says to add SNPS punch damage. HOWEVER, the CS navy book is pre-RUE. So if you are using RUE as you Canon then disregard the adding SNPS h2h punch damage in CSN.

Why? RMB didn't have SN damage add either. The fact that it explicitly says 'add punch damage' would seem that yes, you add punch damage. I mean its an exception to the rules in RMB, why would it suddenly lose that exception in RUE?
The rules are not a bludgeon with which to hammer a character into a game. They are a guide to how a group of friends can get together to weave a collective story that entertains everyone involved. We forget that at our peril.

Edmund Burke wrote:The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

eliakon wrote:Why? RMB didn't have SN damage add either. The fact that it explicitly says 'add punch damage' would seem that yes, you add punch damage. I mean its an exception to the rules in RMB, why would it suddenly lose that exception in RUE?

New edition rules do not automatically include the old edition rules.

So why do you think the exception still stands?*rhetorical* :roll:
eliakon
Palladin
Comment: Palladium Books Canon is set solely by Kevin Siembieda, either in person, or by his approval of published material.

Unread post by eliakon »

drewkitty ~..~ wrote:
eliakon wrote:Why? RMB didn't have SN damage add either. The fact that it explicitly says 'add punch damage' would seem that yes, you add punch damage. I mean its an exception to the rules in RMB, why would it suddenly lose that exception in RUE?

New edition rules do not automatically include the old edition rules.

So why do you think the exception still stands?*rhetorical* :roll:

Uh why WOULDN'T it? The item says 'use these special rules for this item, not the regular PS rules.' RUE changed the PS rules, which are not used here, it did not say "and all old special cases are now invalid." The fact that RUE is supposed to be compatible with the old materials would seem to suggest that those materials still stand, except where explicitly changed or superseded by RUE.
The rules are not a bludgeon with which to hammer a character into a game. They are a guide to how a group of friends can get together to weave a collective story that entertains everyone involved. We forget that at our peril.

Edmund Burke wrote:The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."
say652
Palladin

Unread post by say652 »

2D4+md punch damage=md.
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

say652 wrote:It said the weapon deals 1/3 dice damage mdc, presumably wielded by sdc strength.

In the HU2 Aliens PC in the high tech melee weapons is where this is stated. That when moved to Rifts, the blade damage dice are only a third of the HU2 rated damage dice.

This text is a bit awkward cause some of damage ratings are not divisible by 3.
say652 wrote:2D4+md punch damage=md.

If the kis. knife damage is 1d4 SD then the knife only does the SNPS punch damage (md) to a MDC target.
(1 divided by 3 is 0.3333.... which rounds to 0. Thus it would be 0D4 + SNPS MD=SNPS MD.)
If the knife does 2d4 SD then the same and above.
At 3D4 damage the knife would end up doing 1d4 MD.

The math the text imposes is sometimes frustrating/stupid.

If a (normal) PS char uses a kis. blade then the damage listed in the HU:AU book is the damage done vs SDC beings and materials and the MD ratings vs MDC beings and materials would be based off of the one third text.
Answer to the "why?" question: It is a unpowered mundane blade.
Last edited by drewkitty ~..~ on Sat Mar 29, 2014 1:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
NMI
OLD ONE

Unread post by NMI »

If the base knife damage is 2D4, one could argue since the max is 8 pts, you could say the knife does 1D3 MD and "if" the wielder of the knife has SN PS or some means of doing M.D. with his punches you would add in the based punch damage. But no P.S. damage bonus.

Return to “Heroes Unlimited™”