Herakles need help updating a hero.

If Super Heroes/Heroines & Super Villains are your game, discuss them here.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

say652
Palladin
Comment: Avid Cyborg and Braka Braka enthusiast.

Herakles need help updating a hero.

Unread post by say652 »

Cb2 pages 68,69.
Herakles is listed as a level-12 Alien Warrior.
Ex-ps; Ex-pe; Ex-speed; Healing Factor; and Impervious Heat&Fire.
Yea I think the God of Strength&Heroes could use a power up. Suggestions?
say652
Palladin

Re: Herakles need help updating a hero.

Unread post by say652 »

Power set 1.
Supernatural Strength; Natural Combat Ability, Invulnerability; Animal Abilities-Large Cat; Multiple Lives; Healing Factor; Manipulate Kinetic Energy.

Well is this sorta better? Along the right lines?
Tor
Palladin
Comment: If you have something to say, back it up with thoughts and reasons. Simply posting to agree or disagree tends to be a waste.

Unread post by Tor »

No indication he has NAC.

Considering the guy in Pantheons (the mutant Herb) has Inv+ExtPS, I'd say SuperH or SuperN is in order.

Why Cat?

Why not just use his deity stats? Or create him as a demigod mutant?
"1st edition? 2nd edition? It doesnt matter! Let's just talk" -Forums of the Megaverse
say652
Palladin

Unread post by say652 »

I am using his attributes as his base and increasing them also adding the power sdc to his current sdc of of olympia. Lets see an impostor greek pantheon, an evil lesser god and the mutant half wit son of Thor.
Not sure if he wont kill everybody the impostors for ruining his good name, the shadow god for being evil and PowerSurge for being related to Thor and a dumbass for not realizing what is happening around him.
say652
Palladin

Unread post by say652 »

Herakles.
Iq-13. Ma-20. Me-25. Pb-16
SnPs-120. Pp-40. Pe-50. Spd-90.

Hp-2004. Sdc-6140. Mdc-8144.

Super Powers-Animal Abilities-Lion; Invulnerability; Multiple Lives; Natural Combat Abilities; Supernatural Strength; Healing Factor; Manipulate Kinetic Energy.

Pantheon Powers-Super Tough; Super Strong; Super Swift

Body Hardening Powers-Stone Ox; Iron Hand; Dam Sum Sing; Wrist Hardening; Chagi.

Bio-Regeneration-2D6×10 per Melee; Doesn't Breathe; Never Fatigues; Teleport 65 Percent; Dimensional Teleport-34 Percent; Healing Touch 6D6×10; Jump-60' High 120' Across.

Mega Powers- Tremendous Strength; Tremendous SDC
Achilles Heal-Frenzy: caused by Intense Frustration.
say652
Palladin

Unread post by say652 »

Apollo page75; Artemis page79; Eros page84; Prometheus page 89.

The three archers with the Titans help are tracking down the angry God of Strength. Herakles is heading for Rifts earth to confront this Hercules the Destroyer. His path begins in an H.U. style New York. Looking for a Blue Frilled dwarf called 'Surge.
Glistam
Megaversal® Ambassador
Comment: The silent thief of Rozrehxeson.

Unread post by Glistam »

Someone gave him a HU2 makeover in the stickied topic for revised to second edition coonversions.
Zerebus: "I like MDC. MDC is a hundred times better than SDC."

kiralon: "...the best way to kill an old one is to crash a moon into it."

Temporal Wizard O.C.C. update 0.8 | Rifts random encounters
New Fire magic | New Temporal magic
Grim Gulf, the Nightlands version of Century Station

Let Chaos Magic flow in your campaigns.
say652
Palladin

Unread post by say652 »

Glistam wrote:Someone gave him a HU2 makeover in the stickied topic for revised to second edition coonversions.

I am beefing Him up to be more on Par with Thor. I think a rematch might be in the air.....
Glistam
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by Glistam »

say652 wrote:
Glistam wrote:Someone gave him a HU2 makeover in the stickied topic for revised to second edition conversions.

I am beefing Him up to be more on Par with Thor. I think a rematch might be in the air.....

Ah, here he is: http://palladium-megaverse.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=1515025#p1515025

say652
Palladin

Unread post by say652 »

Glistam wrote:
say652 wrote:
Glistam wrote:Someone gave him a HU2 makeover in the stickied topic for revised to second edition conversions.

Ah, here he is: http://palladium-megaverse.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=1515025#p1515025

I cant send the impostor Hercules that the real Herakles already beat to defeat the other Hercules impostor. Wow total Herception there lol.
Glistam
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by Glistam »

After re-reading the section in CB2 on Herakles and understanding who you're talking about, I wouldn't even make the conversion. Just keep his powers as they are already listed. No reason to instead give him the 5 minor powers that the books presents as an option.

say652
Palladin

Unread post by say652 »

He needed a power increase, Lasted two melees against Mjonir in a test run.
Regularguy
Adventurer

Unread post by Regularguy »

say652 wrote:Cb2 pages 68,69.
Herakles is listed as a level-12 Alien Warrior.
Ex-ps; Ex-pe; Ex-speed; Healing Factor; and Impervious Heat&Fire.
Yea I think the God of Strength&Heroes could use a power up. Suggestions?

Mega-Hero; Tremendous SDC; Gravity Manipulation, Immortality, and Invulnerabilty: typically performs feats of strength a hundred times beyond supernatural -- but if he's trading blows with someone who can actually put up a fight, expect his foe to start dazedly staggering around like a punch-drunk palooka of the can-barely-stand variety.

(Of course, that's just Hercules switching from reduce gravity to increase gravity, but why would he mention that? Heck, he might even sell it as like unto Divine Aura: confidently shouting a godly command right before the other guy -- reacts as if taking a knee while awestruck.)
say652
Palladin

Unread post by say652 »

1/4 damage from magic weapons; 1/6 damage supernatural strength. With the body hardening he can only lift Ps×5000lbs (same as gravity manipulation, and can parry weapons with his wrists) I wanted to capture that God of Strength aspect and the God of Heroes aspect. 11 attacks is pretty good. With the upgrades I focused more on the unarmed warrior dominating a battlefield vibe.
Reagren Wright
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: The greatest part of the writer's time is spent in reading, in order to write: a man will turn over half a library to make one book. - Samuel Johnson, 1775

Unread post by Reagren Wright »

From the 2nd edition revised post found here on the HU section.

HERACLES (HERCULES)

Heracles has come to challenge any super-strong PC to a contest of might. Along the way, he is
likely to cause a certain amount of trouble. However, he is ultimately a well-intentioned hero
who tries to right injustice and destroy evil. He can be an ally or a nuisance (G.M.s call). He will
try to control his fits of temper, but he is still prone to violent rages if provoked, frustrated, or
angered beyond his endurance (insulting or mocking him is a quick way to get him going). He
can be a little over powering for most games, so I suggest use his wisely and with discretion.

Alignment: Unprincipled
Power Category: : Immortal (Demi-god).
Experience Level: 12th
Hit Points: 475 S.D.C. 2060 Armor Rating.: Armor Rating: A.R.: 13
P.P.E.: 126
Appearance: He is tall, immensely broad humanoid with curly black hair and beard. He
often wears a cloak made up of the skin of a lion and dresses with a short tunic that only
covers one-half of his torso. While he may wear gauntlets and arm and leg bands, he usually
avoid wearing any type of restrictive armor.
Attributes: I.Q. 13, M.E. 25, M.A. 20, P.S. 90 (supernatural), P.P. 24, P.E. 30, Spd 460
mph (740.6 km), P.B. 16.
Age: 3500, Sex: Male, Height: 6 foot, 10 inches (2.08 m), Weight:
500 lbs (225 kg).
Vulnerabilities: When terribly frustrated or made angry beyond reason, he will fly into a
berserk rage, smashing things and fighting like a man possessed. During this time, he will not
listen to reason, takes stupid risks, unwittingly endangers others and will fight friend or foe who
tries to stop him from attaining his goal or target. The fits of rage last for 3D4 minutes.
Natural Abilities: Nightvision 60 feet (18.3 m). Never tires, is never hungry (although he
does eat for the sheer pleasure), and does not need to drink (although he does drink alcohol for
the sheer pleasure/takes a lot to get him drunk, but when he does look out!
Immortal Abilities: Tremendous Physical Strength and Immortality. He can
carry 27,000 lbs (12,150 kg) and lift 45,000 lbs (20,250 kg).
Major Super Abilities: Supernatural P.S. and Massive Damage Capacity
Minor Super Ability: Extraordinary Speed, Healing Factor, and Impervious to Fire & Heat
Combat Training: Hand to Hand: Martial Arts
Number of Attacks: 9 (3 initial +4 from Hand to Hand +1 from boxing)+1 from powers.
Combat Bonuses: +14 to Initiative, +9 to strike, +16 to parry, +19 to dodge, +7 to auto
dodge, +87 to damage/+4 to damage per 20 mph (32 km) of speed,+9 to pull punch, +10 to roll
with punch/fall, and +4 to disarm.
Saving Throws: 1/3 effect, damage, and penalty of poison, drugs, toxins, +60% to save
vs.coma/death, +13 to save vs. magic, +11 to save vs. poison, +8 to save vs. psionics, +8 to
save vs. insanity, +5 to save vs. possession, and +8 to save vs. horror factor
Combat Skills: Restrained Punch 5D6, Full Strength Punch 2D4x10, Backhand 2D6x10,
Power Punch 3D6x10 (counts as two attacks), Body Flip 2D6x10 plus P.S. damage bonus (lose
initiative and 1 attack/action), Elbow/Forearm 2D6x10, Karate kick 2D6x10, Roundhouse Kick
4D6x10, Snap Kick 2D4x10, Crescent Kick 4D4x10, Tripping/Leghook (cannot be paired, must
dodge or knockdown), Knee 4D6, Jump Kick 8D6x10, Flying Jump Kick 5D6x10, Body Block/Tackle
1D6x10 + P.S. damage bonus (must parry/dodge or knockdown), Pin 18-20, Crush 1D6x10, Leap
Attack, All Holds, Paired Weapons, Critical strike from behind or surprise, Knockout/stun on a
unmodified die roll of 20, Critical strike on a natural (unmodified) roll of 18-20), and Deathblow
on a natural 16-20, unmodified die roll.
Other Bonuses: 60% trust/intimidate and 30% charm/impress.
Education Level: Earth born Immortal (On the Job Training)
Common Skill: Read/Write/Speak Greek 98%
Espionage Program: Hand to Hand: Martial Arts, Detect Ambush 98%, Intelligence
98%, Wilderness Survival 98%, Detect Concealment 98%, and Tracking 98%.
Physical Program: Boxing, Athlete, Wrestling, and Climbing 98%
2nd Physical Program: Swimming 98%, Physical Labor, Outdoormanship, and Body
Building & Weightlifting.
Wilderness Program: Carpentry 98%, Land Navigation 98%, Skin & Prepare Animals
Hides 98%, and Hunting.
2nd Wilderness Program: Track & Trap Animals 98%, Preserve Food 98%, Boat
Building 98%, and Identify Plants & Fruits 98%.
W.P. Ancient: Paired Weapons, W.P. Archery (+7 to strike/Rate of Fire 8 ), W.P.\
Targeting (+4 to throw/critical strike on an unmodified roll of 19-20), W.P. Blunt (+5 to
strike/parry).
Secondary Skills: Pilot: Horsemanship 98%, First Aid 98%, Language: Italian 86%, W.P.
Improvised (+6 to strike, parry, damage, entangle, and throw), Mathematics: Basic 98%,
Language: English 98%, Literacy: English 90%, Language: Spanish 86%, Cook 95%, Fishing 98%,
General Repair 95%, Animal Husbandry 95%, Animal Training 95%, Gemology 75%, Rope Works
80%, Pilot Kayaking & Canoes 85%, W.P. Sword (+3 to strike/+2 to parry), Astronomy &
Navigation 65%, Prowl 42%, Gambling (standard) 45%, Performance 35%, and Public Speaking
35%.
Money: Bah, who needs gold? As soon as the people see me, they just give me what I
need.
Weapons:
The Bow of Heracles, This weapon is indestructible. Only Heracles or someone with
Supernatural P.S. of 24 or greater can pull back the string. The arrows from the bow inflict 5D6
points of damage.
The Fur of the Nemean Lion, The Nemean Lion was a unique monster whose indestructible
skin could not be pierced by any weapon. Heracles killed the lion by strangling him and using its
claws on its skin, which he took to wearing as armor. Provides the following abilities: Impact
Resistance and Energy Resistance.
Vehicles and Equipment: His sandals, clothes, and weapons are the only thing he carries
on him. Although he is looking for a good riding animal, he’s still trying to figure modern vehicles,
especially aircraft.

Love to see other versions of the famed hero.
say652
Palladin

Unread post by say652 »

Mjolnir
7 attacks +7strike
4D6×10+1D6×10 (ps)+55 megadamage!
say652
Palladin

Unread post by say652 »

I think i will make my version an Amazon warrior that travels with him.
Sir_Spirit
Invisible Pink Unicorn

Unread post by Sir_Spirit »

say652 wrote:Invulnerability; Multiple Lives;
Pantheon Powers-Super Tough;
Body Hardening Powers-Stone Ox; Iron Hand; Dam Sum Sing; Wrist Hardening; Chagi.

Bio-Regeneration-2D6×10 per Melee; Doesn't Breathe; Never Fatigues;

STOP GIVING MULTIPLE LIVES TO PEOPLE WHO AREN'T GOING TO DIE. :x
Damn ICE/BCP/BorderPatrol! Damn everyone who won’t damn ICE/BCP/Border Patrol!! Damn everyone that won’t put lights in his windows and sit up all night damning CE/BCP/BorderPatrol!!!
If you support ICE/BCP/BorderPatrol at this point, you would have called the Gestapo on the people surreptitiously moving into your neighbor's attic and huffed that you were only following the law.
say652
Palladin

Unread post by say652 »

Sir_Spirit wrote:
say652 wrote:Invulnerability; Multiple Lives;
Pantheon Powers-Super Tough;

Bio-Regeneration-2D6×10 per Melee; Doesn't Breathe; Never Fatigues;

STOP GIVING MULTIPLE LIVES TO PEOPLE WHO AREN'T GOING TO DIE. :x

I shall reluctantly concede the Multiple Lives. Under duress 20+ years of rpg and liking to play bricks, most of my characters die very very fast. Hence the durability.
Tor
Palladin
Comment: If you have something to say, back it up with thoughts and reasons. Simply posting to agree or disagree tends to be a waste.

Unread post by Tor »

Sir_Spirit wrote:STOP GIVING MULTIPLE LIVES TO PEOPLE WHO AREN'T GOING TO DIE. :x
But it's ever so convenient for preventing the loss of clones.
"1st edition? 2nd edition? It doesnt matter! Let's just talk" -Forums of the Megaverse

Return to “Heroes Unlimited™”