My Character for a Heroes Unlimited & Rifts crossover

If Super Heroes/Heroines & Super Villains are your game, discuss them here.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

say652
Palladin
Comment: Avid Cyborg and Braka Braka enthusiast.

My Character for a Heroes Unlimited & Rifts crossover

Unread post by say652 »

PowerSurge
"It's ok citizens, I'm a hero and I Got this"
Immortal Godling level-1

Major powers- Aps-Electricity , BrickTricks , Slow Motion Control.

Minor power-Radar.

MegaPower-Godlike H.P

Mega Weaknesses- Extremely near sighted , God Syndrome (superman syndrome) , vulnerability:Silver , mutation growth.

Traits-Light Blue Mohawk ( not a haircut his hair grows that way) , Extra Large hands , Extra Large feet , oversized torso , Stocky , Angelic face , Ambidextrous ,
Defined Talents:Brawling&RoughHousing.

SnPs-34. Pp-26. Pe-34. Spd-21.
IQ-11. Me-24. Ma-20. Pb-38 (yup real roll with +2D6+1D4+18-1)

Hitpoints-6157. Sdc-816. Mdc-13,946.
Bio-Regenerate-4D6 HP/SDC per minute. Hitpoints fill first.

Ppe-50.

Natural Abilities-Doesn't Eat , Drink , or Breathe , Fire&Cold resistant , Immortality as major super power , impervious poison , Disease , Radiation.

5-Skill Programs.
Physical Program-Body Building , Body Sculpting , Advanced Weightlifting , Strongman.

Espionage-Martial Arts (Uechi Ryu) this is a simplistic Ironbody style motto is take a hit to get a better one.*respect Sensai Spencer I.R.L*
Detect Ambush-35%. Intelligence-36%. Wilderness Survival-35%. Detect Concealment-30%. Tracking-30%.
Military Demolitions-Basic Electronics-35% , Basic Mechanics-35% , Demolitions-63% , Demolitions Disposal-63% , Underwater Demolitions-60%.
Criminal-Streetwise-24% , picklocks-35% , Seduction-58% , Find Contraband&Illegal Weapons-30%.
Pilot Advanced-Navigation-55% , Weapon Systems-45% , Read Sensory Equipment-35% , pilot:Truck-44% , Boating-Motor Boats&Hydrofoils-60% , pilot:Helicopters-60% , pilot:Tanks&Apc's-40%.
American-89% , Spanish-89% , Chinese-89% , Japanese-89% , math basic-50% , Old Norse-89%
literacy-American-80% , pilot-Automobile-62%.

Secondary Skils-Brawling:Defined Talent , Rough Housing:Defined Talent , Athletics , Climbing-50% , Swimming-55% , First'Aid:50% , wp-Knife.

+11-Initiative. 13-Attacks. +9-Strike. +10-Parry. +11-AutoDodge. +5-Roll with Impact. +5-Pull Punch.

Restrained Punch-2D6+27sdc. Full punch-5D6md (sdc+27). Power punch-1D6×10md (sdc+27) counts as 2 attacks.
Last edited by say652 on Mon Apr 07, 2014 1:26 pm, edited 10 times in total.
say652
Palladin

Re: My Character for a Heroes Unlimited & Rifts crossover

Unread post by say652 »

More of a showoff and crowd pleaser than Hero PoweSurge bravely protected the citizens of New York not so much a crimefighter as the guy still standing when the cameras show up.
His recent adventurea into this weird deadly post apocalyptic world has been filled with monsters slaying and the crowds arent as big and really unprofitable(these people dont use dollar's? No my credit is good thank you)
Still he fights to protect (show off for) the people of GreenBrook. His friend Desmond is all about politics and establishing a safe place for his flock. But as long as the ale keeps flowing and the mortals keep cheering he sees no reason to head home yet.
Ranger
Adventurer
Comment: Tucker Did It!

Unread post by Ranger »

I am pretty sure I would not allow this character. To many powers and way to much stacking.
say652
Palladin

Unread post by say652 »

Hes for my Dark Olympus campaign. Equal to Mamers.
Ranger
Adventurer

Unread post by Ranger »

Choose one:

Mega Hero Mutant OR Demi-God Not both.

ONE MEGA HERO POWER and NO Pantheon power until you become an actual god.

An Achilles heal that is a real problem, not a minor handicap (Like crippling exposure to sugar) when dealing with lesser mortals.

I am actually surprised that you did not work in the immortal angle from PUII, since Demi-God is listed there too.
say652
Palladin

Unread post by say652 »

I actually been using the character for over a year, never had an issue. In HU while quite a brick he is quite vulnerable. In Rifts with no psychic or magic abilities and no knowledge of its monsters or people again quite vulnerable.
In an earlier post I explained the other more detrimental problem. With a few thousand MDC anything with less mdc is a minor menace. Defeat a hatchling 25xp take down a GlitterBoy 25xp a marauding band of 30 heavily armed and armored mercenaries 15xp because several escaped. Get into s fight with an adult Ice Dragon and survive 25xp and gain a nemesis.
Power doesnt make a munchkin, that is they way a person plays the character.
I also pointed out so far the first group of HU pc's are all level 3. Secret Operative, Master psionic, and the Alien. I am pretty sure the Ancient Master is closer to level10 than I am to level2. In my Rifts party the godling has gained a level and is close to being level3 as well. So a grand total of 16 experience levels gainer around the character and he hasn't gained 1.
Do the math for his combat bonuses and damage then explain how 30,000xp gained around him and 500xp is a fair share for him.
Ranger
Adventurer

Unread post by Ranger »

While you may have played him for a year, I have to point out that I said before, that I would not allow that character.
say652
Palladin

Unread post by say652 »

I do not GM your games either.
NMI
OLD ONE

Unread post by NMI »

drop it people. We all have our own house rules and gaming styles. Let's keep cool and have fun.
"Freedom is the recognition that no single person, no single authority or government has a monopoly on the truth, but that every individual life is infinitely precious, that every one of us put on this world has been put there for a reason and has something to offer."
Megaversal Ambassador Coordinator
My GoFund Me - Help Me Walk Again
Sir_Spirit
Invisible Pink Unicorn

Unread post by Sir_Spirit »

My main problem is his PB is way too high. I'd lower it to 22. So he's not hotter than I number of male deities.
Ironically in neither the palladium fantasy {gods and Dragons} nor Rifts godbook do the male love deities have the highest PB. It's weird.

Unless he willing to be stuck in the teen harthrob role by his pantheon(imagine if Justin beiber was stuck looking 12/14 forever).
Since the power he gets from the patheon would definitely come with political obligations.

The only thing powerwise I'd "nerf" would to get rid of Multiple Lives, doesn't need it to the point that he will never use it, thousands of MDC+Regenerate-D6×5 per melee. Seriously, at no point are you in danger of dying.

Though if you really wanted to keep it, I'd allow you to get rid of another major, but I would then ensure that someone or something guaranteed you to die(because otherwise it's a complete waste of a power slot).

Not an overpowered character other than those 2 things though.
Damn ICE/BCP/BorderPatrol! Damn everyone who won’t damn ICE/BCP/Border Patrol!! Damn everyone that won’t put lights in his windows and sit up all night damning CE/BCP/BorderPatrol!!!
If you support ICE/BCP/BorderPatrol at this point, you would have called the Gestapo on the people surreptitiously moving into your neighbor's attic and huffed that you were only following the law.
say652
Palladin

Unread post by say652 »

+6 slow motion control & +1D6+4 angelic. So standing five nine he is probably five feet wide with hands and feet twice the size of a normal person. A really tall Dwarf with no beard or belly and a pretty face lol.
Sir_Spirit
Invisible Pink Unicorn

Unread post by Sir_Spirit »

...eerrmm, well then I'd lower his PB to about 10. His face offsets his body.
Slow mo really gives you +6 PB, I haven't read that power in a while, but that is weird. Hmm, not unbelieviable or anything.
Your MA/s high enough you don't really need a high PB anyway....
Damn ICE/BCP/BorderPatrol! Damn everyone who won’t damn ICE/BCP/Border Patrol!! Damn everyone that won’t put lights in his windows and sit up all night damning CE/BCP/BorderPatrol!!!
If you support ICE/BCP/BorderPatrol at this point, you would have called the Gestapo on the people surreptitiously moving into your neighbor's attic and huffed that you were only following the law.
say652
Palladin

Unread post by say652 »

The character is always in costume mask, vest, pants, gloves& boots. He wears normal clothes over his costume. Hence the HIGH charm& impress.
NMI
OLD ONE

Unread post by NMI »

say652 wrote:The character is always in costume mask, vest, pants, gloves& boots. He wears normal clothes over his costume. Hence the HIGH charm& impress.

If he is always in costume and mask, how do people see his beauty in the first place? :D
"Freedom is the recognition that no single person, no single authority or government has a monopoly on the truth, but that every individual life is infinitely precious, that every one of us put on this world has been put there for a reason and has something to offer."
say652
Palladin

Unread post by say652 »

He wears a half mask nose mouth and mohawk visible. Pretty sure his hair is how they no its him.
say652
Palladin

Unread post by say652 »

say652 wrote:PowerSurge
"It's ok citizens, I'm a hero and I Got this"
Immortal Godling level-1

Major powers- Aps-Electricity , BrickTricks , Slow Motion Control.

Minor power-Radar.

MegaPower-Godlike H.P

Mega Weaknesses- Ejxtremely near sighted , God Syndrome (superman syndrome) , vulnerability:Silver , mutation growth.

Traits-Light Blue Mohawk ( not a haircut his hair grows that way) , Extra Large hands , Extra Large feet , oversized torso , Stocky , Angelic face , Ambidextrous ,
Defined Talents:Brawling&RoughHousing.

SnPs-34. Pp-26. Pe-34. Spd-21.
IQ-11. Me-24. Ma-20. Pb-38 (yup real roll with +2D6+1D4+18-1)

Hitpoints-6157. Sdc-816. Mdc-13,946.
Bio-Regenerate-4D6 HP/SDC per minute. Hitpoints fill first.

Ppe-50.

Natural Abilities-Doesn't Eat , Drink , or Breathe , Fire&Cold resistant , Immortality as major super power , impervious Sickness, Disease , Radiation.

5-Skill Programs.
Physical Program-Body Building , Body Sculpting , Advanced Weightlifting , Strongman.

Espionage-Martial Arts (Uechi Ryu) this is a simplistic Ironbody style motto is take a hit to get a better one.*respect Sensai Spencer I.R.L*
Detect Ambush-35%. Intelligence-36%. Wilderness Survival-35%. Detect Concealment-30%. Tracking-30%.
Military Demolitions-Basic Electronics-35% , Basic Mechanics-35% , Demolitions-63% , Demolitions Disposal-63% , Underwater Demolitions-60%.
Criminal-Streetwise-24% , picklocks-35% , Seduction-58% , Find Contraband&Illegal Weapons-30%.
Pilot Advanced-Navigation-55% , Weapon Systems-45% , Read Sensory Equipment-35% , pilot:Truck-44% , Boating-Motor Boats&Hydrofoils-60% , pilot:Helicopters-60% , pilot:Tanks&Apc's-40%.
American-89% , Spanish-89% , Chinese-89% , Japanese-89% , math basic-50% , Old Norse-89%
literacy-American-80% , pilot-Automobile-62%.

Secondary Skils-Brawling:Defined Talent , Rough Housing:Defined Talent , Athletics , Climbing-50% , Swimming-55% , First'Aid:50% , wp-Knife.

+11-Initiative. 13-Attacks. +9-Strike. +10-Parry. +11-AutoDodge. +5-Roll with Impact. +5-Pull Punch.

Restrained Punch-2D6+27sdc. Full punch-5D6md (sdc+27). Power punch-3D6×10md (sdc+27) counts as 2 attacks.

Saving Throws-
+34% Coma/Death. Magic:Circles-2, Rituals-5, wards-2, Poison-6, Non-lethal-8, Psionics-10, +18vsPossession&Horror Factor.
absolute best best part is this beast is 100% book legal. No cheating no fudged Attribute roles. Wow I can totally see why everyone recommended the PU2 Immortal over my "stacker" even though my version was quasi legal. Checkout the base attributes I started with. Ps10. Pp25. Pe18. Spd15. IQ10. Me21. PB13. Wow its pretty much all I can say.
Tor
Palladin
Comment: If you have something to say, back it up with thoughts and reasons. Simply posting to agree or disagree tends to be a waste.

Unread post by Tor »

The character is always in costume mask, vest, pants, gloves& boots.

NMI wrote:If he is always in costume and mask, how do people see his beauty in the first place? :D

Am thinking that boots+pants/gloves+vest/mask are not always going to obscure good looks.
"1st edition? 2nd edition? It doesnt matter! Let's just talk" -Forums of the Megaverse
say652
Palladin

Unread post by say652 »

Tor wrote:
The character is always in costume mask, vest, pants, gloves& boots.

NMI wrote:If he is always in costume and mask, how do people see his beauty in the first place? :D

Am thinking that boots+pants/gloves+vest/mask are not always going to obscure good looks.

That is a cool pic.
Alrik Vas
Knight
Comment: Don't waste your time gloating over a wounded enemy. Pull the damn trigger.

Unread post by Alrik Vas »

I don't understand the fun involved in playing a character like this. I mean...I really don't. That's not a knock against the power of it or anything like that, it's just so abjectly foreign to me.

Like...what do you even fight? Or does your GM keep you involved in RP stuff where your powers don't even matter? Or does he just send things to their deaths against you over and over again just wants you to have as much fun as possible? Any of these things are believable, I'm just really curious.
Mark Hall wrote:Y'all seem to assume that Palladium books are written with the same exacting precision with which they are analyzed. I think that is... ambitious.

Talk from the Edge: Operation Dead Lift, Operation Reload, Operation Human Devil, Operation Handshake, Operation Windfall 1, Operation Windfall 2, Operation Sniper Wolf, Operation Natural 20
say652
Palladin

Unread post by say652 »

I usually gm. Let the players do their thing. And when its desperate I appear. We are in rifts now. A Pantheon adventure. Ee are going to end up fighting Dark Olympus. Was gonna bring Hercules in to help/rival but na I think i should be ok.
Oddly enough my games are skill based. Just sometimes I feel like going ape.... on a giants den.
In H.U. yea right dude most of those games he is more like a hockey puck than a brick.
Damage out put equal to heavy laser or railgun. Range? A joke when you get dhot accurately from 4000 to 5000 thousand feey away in rifts. Yup plenty of mdc can easily get dropped by a neuro mace or psionic.
Instead of looking at strengths look for the weaknesses in the character.
say652
Palladin

Unread post by say652 »

In game.
Team leader Secret Operative Shady Blue. Used him to catch bullets and...... o yeah swooped in an stole his pet. Mutant domestic cat Anciebt Master. Lotus. They did spy stuff. He got shot. Like every time. So started just doin patrols of the city.
Rifts team leader Mayor of GreenBrook Desmond Moonshade . Greater Godling level 2 (6pantheon powers) iq26. That's a pain in the butt. Master psionic. Rubs my temples. Guy has only fought two Or three battles. Ugh implants memories pathy trust. Guys damn good. Promotes him as his SuperHero BodyGuard. PowerSurge is oblivious to the evil goings on all around him. Its actually a mad fun campaign to GM.
Enter Darl Olympus and the Alien invasion force. Hercules & his protege the Amazon Herakles are looking for the impostor Hercules. Is it a 3 part battle? Will the real Hercules work with the mutant son of Thor? Will Ares and Mamers slay a God in the chaos? Stay tuned. Lol
NMI
OLD ONE

Unread post by NMI »

Rappanui wrote:I would say the concept is ok, but too many netpowers, why does he have MDC and hp equal to an alien intelligence or major Deity?
also, half of your abilities are not legal or do not legally exist. What does he do that the spacecow from above does not kill?
I dont see there being a problem with a PC/NPC having net powers/fan created powers... as long as the GM allows it.
NMI
OLD ONE

Unread post by NMI »

Rappanui wrote:When it comes to netpowers, I am of the opinion, either everyone gets them, or no one does. while it's OK for a villain of the week to have it, or campaign archfoe(s), it seems absurd when a GM PC has it because it is unfair to the other players , who did not totally munch out. Reasonably, A Character like this is going to get beaten 10 ways to sunday when he pisses off the wrong military and they slam him with a full LRM Salvo of nuclear missiles. And Generally When ever Such weapons come into play, the rest of the party who are NOT quite as munchkin'd out gets annihilated in the battle.

and if he put his MDC that high, to survive god slayer weapons.. Hate to inform him that Deific weapons overcome 99% of superabiltiies.
I dont see where "say" said that no one else in his campaign can have or not have "netpowers".

If you dont like his creation, then say so CONSTRUCTIVELY and move on. Or say nothing and move on.
say652
Palladin

Unread post by say652 »

Rappanui wrote:When it comes to netpowers, I am of the opinion, either everyone gets them, or no one does. while it's OK for a villain of the week to have it, or campaign archfoe(s), it seems absurd when a GM PC has it because it is unfair to the other players , who did not totally munch out. Reasonably, A Character like this is going to get beaten 10 ways to sunday when he pisses off the wrong military and they slam him with a full LRM Salvo of nuclear missiles. And Generally When ever Such weapons come into play, the rest of the party who are NOT quite as munchkin'd out gets annihilated in the battle.

and if he put his MDC that high, to survive god slayer weapons.. Hate to inform him that Deific weapons overcome 99% of superabiltiies.

Or outwitted. In a battle heavy game, I could see it. In a skills and playing in charactet game.......advantage and xp usually goes to the people that start with 70-80% at first level. To me thats munchkin.
Iczer
Prince of Powers

Unread post by Iczer »

Alrik Vas wrote:I don't understand the fun involved in playing a character like this. I mean...I really don't. That's not a knock against the power of it or anything like that, it's just so abjectly foreign to me.

Like...what do you even fight? Or does your GM keep you involved in RP stuff where your powers don't even matter? Or does he just send things to their deaths against you over and over again just wants you to have as much fun as possible? Any of these things are believable, I'm just really curious.

Note to self...keep an eye on Alrik.

Batts
"Sorry Drewkitty, the laws of physics were defeated by Iczer way back in like, the first ten pages of this thread." A.J. Pickett
“Iczer, you are a power generating machine.” - Mr Twist
Alrik Vas
Knight
Comment: Don't waste your time gloating over a wounded enemy. Pull the damn trigger.

*turns on camouflage armor and runs for cover*
Mark Hall wrote:Y'all seem to assume that Palladium books are written with the same exacting precision with which they are analyzed. I think that is... ambitious.

Talk from the Edge: Operation Dead Lift, Operation Reload, Operation Human Devil, Operation Handshake, Operation Windfall 1, Operation Windfall 2, Operation Sniper Wolf, Operation Natural 20
Iczer
Prince of Powers

Unread post by Iczer »

say652 wrote:
say652 wrote:PowerSurge
absolute best best part is this beast is 100% book legal. No cheating no fudged Attribute roles. Wow I can totally see why everyone recommended the PU2 Immortal over my "stacker" even though my version was quasi legal. Checkout the base attributes I started with. Ps10. Pp25. Pe18. Spd15. IQ10. Me21. PB13. Wow its pretty much all I can say.

I'm pretty sure it's not book legal. Mostly as you are using a fan creation for a power. that pretty much means not book legal.

Batts
"Sorry Drewkitty, the laws of physics were defeated by Iczer way back in like, the first ten pages of this thread." A.J. Pickett
“Iczer, you are a power generating machine.” - Mr Twist
Nightmask
Palladin

Unread post by Nightmask »

Rappanui wrote:power surge, brick tricks, demigod stacking on top of godling bonuses..from different universes.. with book of heroes bonus on top, Yeah as book legal as a 3 legged glitterboy.

Now you've done it, next Rifts Book it can be in we'll see a 3-legged glitterboy!
Fair warning: I consider being called a munchkin a highly offensive slur and do report people when they err in doing so.

'Reality is very disappointing.' - Jonathan Switcher from Mannequin

It's 'canon', not 'cannon'. A cannon is a big gun like on pirate ships, canon is what you mean when referring to something as being contained within one of the books such as how many dice to roll for a stat.
NMI
OLD ONE

Unread post by NMI »

Nightmask wrote:
Rappanui wrote:power surge, brick tricks, demigod stacking on top of godling bonuses..from different universes.. with book of heroes bonus on top, Yeah as book legal as a 3 legged glitterboy.

Now you've done it, next Rifts Book it can be in we'll see a 3-legged glitterboy!

Well, a Glitterboy "could" use its Boom Gun as a cane/third leg. Just saying.
say652
Palladin

Unread post by say652 »

Powers Unlimited 2. Immortal demigod. Blackvault powers ARE legal. For the last time. IT'S A PANTHEONS GAME! What you gonna get out there with a laser pistol and vibroknife and fight gods? Cb2 vs Players. Dark lesser god a fake greek pantheon and Hercules. I did write all THIS in english right.
Alrik Vas
Knight

I think, Say...that he's not arguing that you got all the abilities out of legal books, but its his belief that those books were not intended to be combined.

You disagree on the matter, and that's all there is too it. Game on.

NMI
OLD ONE

Unread post by NMI »

Relax people. This is only a game, a hobby. Agree to disagree and move on.
Ranger
Adventurer

Unread post by Ranger »

NMI wrote:Relax people. This is only a game, a hobby. Agree to disagree and move on.

NO!!!

We must have a cage DEATH MATCH in the THUNDER DOME to see who wins.

TWO MEN ENTER, ONE MAN LEAVES!!!!
say652
Palladin

Unread post by say652 »

I think punni has a problem with 1 major power. Godlike hp.
NOT like we game together
EDIT: Post edited. - NMI
Alrik Vas
Knight

Rappanui wrote:and I can make a death match pc that can kill his godling.

This reminds me of 12 or so years ago when I was in the chat room all the time. People be like, "my character is soooo buff!" then their friend's like, "oh noes! Mine is all teh pow4r!!" Then they fight in the PC arena with a GM to ref the fight and it still falls apart while they argue. lol

say652
Palladin

Unread post by say652 »

I allowed net powers because. There were no decent Shadow Powers listed. Since this is a Shadow Pantheon we(memnoc and I) both with over twenty years GM experience figured a Shadow Pantheon deserved Shadow Powers.
As far as the Asgardian....Desmond couldn't ask for a tougher&dumber BRICK to manipulate.
NMI
OLD ONE

Unread post by NMI »

The Black Vault - http://wiki.thedeificnmi.com

And last time that I suggest this ... move on Rappanui. We get it, you dont like say652 PC. Everyone has different play styles and preferences. I'd rather not lock a thread here in the Heroes Unlimited section. Move on.
say652
Palladin

Unread post by say652 »

I think this character since it obviously has created such a buzz on the boards shall be the focus of my story.
say652
Palladin

Unread post by say652 »

I had to pass the torch. My protege Memnock the Devil is doin it up right. Example... Leyline Walker named.....Elvis was granted the major power Safety Dance. As a stipulation Memnock added in must wear Rhinestones. Boom!! Games are supposed to be fun. I also transferred my lifelong character Nephelonious Moonshade.( I have used this elf in just about every system since 1988) I'm takin PowerSurge into my steampunk game. Solo hero fighting back an Alien invasion solo. Everyone else adventures together but if they get stuck or are dying (it takes weeks sometimes months to get a character you want from mind to pen. Gm's be nice) he arrives and rescues them.
Alrik Vas
Knight

Games should be fun...but rhinestones, eh? Giddyap.

say652
Palladin

Unread post by say652 »

All shook up and the rest of the party had to dance. Memnoc made them listen to Elvis presley and gave the kiddos bonus xp for dancing. My friends daughter lost xp for twerkin. -_- not to the King young lady -150xp. Best game convo ever. Lol
say652
Palladin

Unread post by say652 »

well that most hated time has come. PowerSurge has finaly reached level 2 so I got weeks of paperwork. lol

Return to “Heroes Unlimited™”