post your AUGG ship build's here

If Super Heroes/Heroines & Super Villains are your game, discuss them here.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

glitterboy2098
Rifts® Trivia Master

post your AUGG ship build's here

Unread post by glitterboy2098 »

a thread to offer some help to GM's who want to run AUGG and don't have a lot of time to build the wide variety of ships a space opera setting really needs. post your AUGG ship construction builds here.. please stick to by-the-book designs, to make it easier for other GM's to adapt your entries to their own houserules. preference would of course be for designs within the budget of a character or group of characters, though more expensive 'NPC' designs certainly won't be excluded. please make sure the cost (and build details if possible) are posted where GM's can find them.

to start off, here is my entry.. a low budget FTL 'courier' with room for a smaller party.

Express Class Courier Shuttle
- build details

Interstellar travel for the budget impaired..
it can reach factor 10 using its nuclear powered ion drive.. about 1 lightyear a month. a bit slow, but the stassi capsules allow the crew to sleep their way to the destination if it can't hop a ride on a faster ship. it has enough life support for its pilot to survive for almost 2 years, or the pilot plus 4 passengers to live for over 4 months. Autopilot means the crew does not have to stay awake for the journey, though having the crew rotate between awake and stasis is recommended. 10 modules of cargo means it should stick to high value items, although it provides enough space to carry plenty of extra supplies and personal items. an external cargo dock lets it piggyback on other, faster ships.. or carry standardized containers with extra cargo. fitted with light armor, a pair of light lasers, a small missile rack, alumnia cloud chaff system, mag-shield, and manuever enhancement system, it can hold its own with most hostile opponents, although dedicated combat craft will outmatch it. these weapons and defenses were considered to be required for defense of the high value cargo's and messages the craft is intended to carry. all this comes at a price however.. the shuttle is unable to make landfall on any world possessing a notable atmosphere, instead having to rely on other craft or space stations to transfer personell and cargo.

Express Class Courier
Ship Type: Shuttle
tonnage: 50 tons
Dimensions: 60 ft long
cost: 1,487,000 credits
Crew: 1, and up to 4 passengers awake, and 5 passengers asleep.
Drive Type: Fission/Ion (Factor 10)
Armor Rating: 12
Armor SDC: 500 (light Armor)
Hull SDC: 750
Weapons: Laser Beam (2), Short Range Missile Rack (10 missiles)
Cargo: 10 modules
equipment:
Basic Sensor Package
Autopilot computer (standard)
Motion Perimeter and collision warning system
Manuever Enhancement Package
Atmosphere recycling system and 2 Atmosphere tanks (600 man-days of life support)
5 Standard Crew Quarters (pod-hotel style beds)
5 Stasis Sleep units
External Cargo Dock
Magnetic Shield
Alumnia cloud Dispenser with 10 charges.

the Express class was something i built in response to a poster here complaining in the chatroom about how the AUGG didn't give you enough funds to build a 'decent' starship.. so i decided to prove him wrong, taking the minimum 2 million credit budget and trying to build a ship able to do most of what an RPG group needs. i actually came in under budget. :) i considered trying to add extra speed or systems, but ran into the problem of lacking the modules to add anything really useful. i decided the cargo capacity was more important, since it would let a group carry useful gear along. when i showed it to him, he basically told me it still wasn't 'decent'.. evidently he was looking for super fast pocket battleships, not a Firefly equivilent.. :roll:
Author of Rifts: Deep Frontier (Rifter 70)
Author of Rifts:Scandinavia (current project)
* All fantasy should have a solid base in reality.
* Good sense about trivialities is better than nonsense about things that matter.

-Max Beerbohm
Visit my Website
arouetta
Megaversal® Ambassador

Re: post your AUGG ship build's here

Unread post by arouetta »

I couldn't do quite as well as you, I valued little things like gravity and a crew mess (they gotta eat somehow). So I worked with 5 million credits. I came in way underbudget, so I started pumping up the engine speed and maximizing extra module capacity for a large cargo hold, and still ended at 4.9 million credits.

Shuttle (I'm not good with names)
1125 SDC
75 tons
75 ft in length
Required crew: 1

Nuclear Fusion Drive speed factor 40
(2) Laser Beams
Light Armor
(2) Turret Armor
Basic Sensor Package
Auto-Pilot Computer
Atmosphere Recycling System
Artificial Gravity
(2) External Cargo Docks
(37) Extra Modular Capacity
(4) Standard Crew Quarters
(1) Recreation Facilities (mess)
Trans-Atmospheric Capabilities
(5) Atmospheric Tanks
Escape Pod
(21) Cargo modules
gaby
Knight

Unread post by gaby »

Great,Hope thers More.
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Unread post by drewkitty ~..~ »

This is the latest ship I've made via AU:GG SCR. However, I also used some expansion items I've been writing up.

Spaceship: Autiâiel [or "Void Crosser" <feminine>]
{ construction budget: (83%) 35 million }
300 ton Transport: 7500 SDC 450 modules.
Anti-Gavity Drive: speed factor 20 (770,000/30)
Disrupter cannon: Anti-Ship negate mechanics: range 15 miles, negated for 15 sec and restart, 200 PPE per blast, <linked to PPE capacitor> (1,500,000/2)
Med. Range Missile Pack (10) (20,000/1)
Armor Light: AR 12 +3,000 SDC (300,000/20)
Anti-Missile chaff dispenser w/+50 payload) (80,000/1)
Chaff globes: 60 (30,000/--)
ECM (350,000/16)
Force Field Generators: 3200 SDC (300,000/16)
Magnetice shield: (600,000/6)
Reflective Coating: (300,000/--)
Adv. Sensors: (1,000,000/2)
Satellite Uplink (150,000/.2)
Super Nav. Comp: sub-light nav.: 98%, FTL nav: 98% (1,100,000/.5)
Scientific Sensors (420,000/1)
Targeting sensors and combat comp; track: 120 targets w/in 500 miles & 75 targets out to 700 miles( halved ww/in atoms.0 +2 strike with mounted weapons & +1 dodge. (500,000/.3)
Atmos-recycling (1,500,000/.9)
Artificial Gravity (500,000/10)
Crew quarters (standard) (10) (50,000/2)
Crew Quarters (luxury) (2) (300,000/1)
Individual Environment Quarters standard (2) (180,000/.4)
Recreation Facilities x4: four person pool (200,000/8)
Trans-atmosphere Capabilities (3,000,000/30)
Automatic Hull breach sealing system: (3,000,000/30)
Atmosphere tanks; 10 (full) (120,000/1)
Pressurized cabin: (pool space) (32,000/--)
Maneuvering Enhancement package: +1 init, +2 dodge, +10% on piloting rolls. (300,000/30)
Sleep Stasis pods: 30 pods (150,000/3)
Extra Moduler Capacity: +150 modules (3,750,000/--)
PPE capacitor: (@ 1000 cr per PPE point of storage/ 2 modules): 20,000 of storage (20,000,000/2) starting charge of 1,000 PPE
May you be blessed with the ability to change course when you are off the mark.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
Reading and writing (literacy) is how people on BBS interact.
arouetta
Megaversal® Ambassador

Heck, if we're throwing the doors open to expensive stuff, here's a little beauty I have planned for the next campaign. If my spreadsheet was programmed right, it came in at just below 12 million credits. Here's the floorplan.

Another shuttle (still not good with names)
3000 SDC
200 tons
200 ft in lenths
Required crew: 2
Nuclear Fusion Dr. (speed factor 25)
(4) Ion Beams, Rotating
Light Armor
(4) Light Turret Armor
Basic Computer Package
Basic Sensor Package
Auto-Pilot Computer
Targeting Radar/Combat Computer
Artificial Gravity
(100) Extra Modular Capacity
(8) Standard Crew Quarters
(8) Survival Suits
(2) Recreation Facilities
Automatic Hull Breach Sealing System
(10) Atmospheric Tanks
Lifeboat
Gateway Activation System
(102) Cargo area
gaby
Knight

Unread post by gaby »

Maybe you can tell what race from Aliens unlimited made your ships?
NMI
OLD ONE

Unread post by NMI »

I'd like to see some fluff/story/something with these builds.
"Freedom is the recognition that no single person, no single authority or government has a monopoly on the truth, but that every individual life is infinitely precious, that every one of us put on this world has been put there for a reason and has something to offer."
Megaversal Ambassador Coordinator
My GoFund Me - Help Me Walk Again
glitterboy2098
Rifts® Trivia Master

gaby wrote:Maybe you can tell what race from Aliens unlimited made your ships?

well, mine would be good as a 'generic' for lower tech races just starting out.. would actually work pretty well as a Human ship from a time humanity is still working out how to combine AUGG super-science with HU-earth built technologies and components. low end galactic grade FTL drive combined with human built 'hardware-superhero-enhanced' earth tech nuclear/ion sublight drives. galactic grade stassis system for long range travel, but no artificial gravity. etc. heavy on weapons and defenses because of a skewed view on how dangerous galactic society is (humans basically seeing 'super-villians' around every corner), but carrying enough cargo to make interstellar exploration at least possible.
* Good sense about trivialities is better than nonsense about things that matter.

-Max Beerbohm
Visit my Website
pblackcrow
Champion

Unread post by pblackcrow »

Might I post the one I had for Rifts Manhunter? It's a science/medical/exploration ship.
Ankh, udja, seneb.
eliakon
Palladin
Comment: Palladium Books Canon is set solely by Kevin Siembieda, either in person, or by his approval of published material.

Unread post by eliakon »

The Fitzgerald class heavy transport
Ship Type: Heavy Transport
Tonnage: 100,000
Dimensions: 100,000' :eek:
Cost: 12,905,000cr
Crew: 101, up to 16 passangers
Drive Type: Nuclear Fusion (Factor 60)
Armor Rating: 12
Armor SDC: 1,000,000 (light)
Force Field SDC: 2000
Hull SDC: 2,500,000
Engine SDC: 100,000
Turret SDC: 100
Weapons: 4 light ion turrets
Cargo: 74,840 modules
Equipment
-10 Life boats
-200ton external bay (cargo shuttles)
-20 cargo locks
-115 crew berths
-2 luxury crew berths
-Artificial Gravity
-Autopilot computer
-Basic Sensor
-Chaff system with 90 globes
-Gateway Activation Equipment
-Light Turret Armor for each of the 4 turrets
-magnetic shield
-Navigation computer (98%)
-Two recreation modules

These monstrosities are the vertebrae that make up the backbone of inter-stellar trade. They may not be glamorous, but they can move truly staggering amounts of cargo at a time. Designed for fairly peaceful routes they mount a token defense against raiders with four light turrets, chaff, and their shields. One of their main defenses is their sheer speed, at Speed Factor 60 they can run away from most anything. The force field, while seeming to be an expensive luxury actually makes smart financial sense by reducing repair costs to the hull.
"Oh yes, the Guppa is a fine ship, don't you have any doubt. Sure she is as lovely as a ration can, and the air always tastes of ozone. But she can haul your entire load of what was it? Ah 40,000 tons of pon-pon fruits. And you need them on Debba IV before they go bad. Easy enough, easy enough. Yah you could hire some of those Sampsons. if you don't mind paying docking and transshipment fees 40 times. What? you want to know why my rate is so good? Ah well its that I already got my cargo here, and I don't really like shipping out with my holds half empty."
The rules are not a bludgeon with which to hammer a character into a game. They are a guide to how a group of friends can get together to weave a collective story that entertains everyone involved. We forget that at our peril.

Edmund Burke wrote:The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."
eliakon
Palladin
Comment: Palladium Books Canon is set solely by Kevin Siembieda, either in person, or by his approval of published material.

Unread post by eliakon »

Revy class Q-Ship
Ship Type: Heavy Transport/Q Ship
Tonnage: 100,000
Dimensions: 100,000' :eek:
Cost: 100 million credits + ~100m for the fighters, power armor, combat satellites, and any other supplies
Crew: 225 crew + 120 fighter crew, 375 marines, can carry 280 passengers/prisoners
Drive Type: Nuclear Fusion (Factor 60)
Armor Rating: 17 (battleship)
Armor SDC: 8,000,000 (battleship)
Force Field SDC: 500,000
Pin Point Shields (x100): 400 each
Hull SDC: 2,500,000
Engine SDC: 100,000
Turret SDC: ar 17, 800sdc (battleship)
Weapons: 4 light ion turrets
Cargo: 40,000 modules (used to carry any bait cargo)
Equipment
-50 Life boats
-200ton external bay (cargo shuttles)
-2 cargo locks
-18 'cargo locks' that are actually fighter bays
-1000 crew berths
-2 luxury crew berths
-Artificial Gravity
-Autopilot computer
-Basic Sensor
-Advanced Sensor
-Military Sensor
-Targeting Computer
-Chaff system with 80 globes
-Alumina cloud dispenser with 20 loads
-ECM unit
-Gateway Activation Equipment
-magnetic shield
-Magnetic Towing Beam x2 each is rated at 10,000 tons
-Navigation computer (98%)
-Two recreation modules
-Satellite uplink x2
-Atmosphere Tanks/4000
-Internal Launch bays/4000tons (this has the fighters, satellites, and any impounded pirates)

After a few too many raids by 'Rouge captains and independent raiders' on the Atorian frontier, the Revy class was modified out of 5 standard Fitzgerald class freighters. Carefully keeping the same iconic exterior appearance, the cargo bay was gutted and filled with shield generators, fighter bays, troop barracks, and all sorts of other unpleasant surprises for a pirate or commerce raider. The general response to this can be best summed up by the former pirate lord Dalko Voidblood as "That's not fair!"

Standard load out is
30 Warshrikes
50 Spikes
50 Spike B (spike with SRM instead of particle beam)
50 Spike C (spike with rail gun)
The rules are not a bludgeon with which to hammer a character into a game. They are a guide to how a group of friends can get together to weave a collective story that entertains everyone involved. We forget that at our peril.

Edmund Burke wrote:The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."
glitterboy2098
Rifts® Trivia Master

one problem i have with building stuff in AUGG has been i always seem to end up making an expy of some other scifi setting's ship. Birds of Prey, Federation Starships, X-wings, etc. makes it hard to post.

btw, on an unrelated note, for those interested i have a collection of new options for the AUGG build system. along with some notes to make it mesh better with real space and science. (i give the author kudo's for trying, but some details are humorously incorrect.)

-Max Beerbohm
Visit my Website
eliakon
Palladin

Unread post by eliakon »

I think the scariest thing about the Revy that its a mini-carrier built on a refitted civilian hull. Imagine what a first tier navy super carrier from someone with a major military budget would look like.

NMI
OLD ONE

Unread post by NMI »

glitterboy2098 wrote:one problem i have with building stuff in AUGG has been i always seem to end up making an expy of some other scifi setting's ship. Birds of Prey, Federation Starships, X-wings, etc. makes it hard to post.

btw, on an unrelated note, for those interested i have a collection of new options for the AUGG build system. along with some notes to make it mesh better with real space and science. (i give the author kudo's for trying, but some details are humorously incorrect.)
are these your creations or someone elses?
"Freedom is the recognition that no single person, no single authority or government has a monopoly on the truth, but that every individual life is infinitely precious, that every one of us put on this world has been put there for a reason and has something to offer."
Nightmask
Palladin

Unread post by Nightmask »

glitterboy2098 wrote:one problem i have with building stuff in AUGG has been i always seem to end up making an expy of some other scifi setting's ship. Birds of Prey, Federation Starships, X-wings, etc. makes it hard to post.

I do like the self-repair systems, those are such a fairly common thing when you see advanced ships like the one from Outlaw Star.
Fair warning: I consider being called a munchkin a highly offensive slur and do report people when they err in doing so.

'Reality is very disappointing.' - Jonathan Switcher from Mannequin

It's 'canon', not 'cannon'. A cannon is a big gun like on pirate ships, canon is what you mean when referring to something as being contained within one of the books such as how many dice to roll for a stat.
glitterboy2098
Rifts® Trivia Master

NMI wrote:

are these your creations or someone elses?

my creations, though inspired by elements from the various scifi books, movies, and TV shows i like. if i use other people's stuff it's with permission and i make sure to include a "created by" bit so people know it's not mine. you can see that in Taalismn's stuff for phase world, and the frankenmecha page in the robotech section.

i also try to append the artist's name to the images i use too, when i have it.

-Max Beerbohm
Visit my Website
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Feral Dog CVA
Along the galactic rim near the Toogarth Empire, the independent states are very aggressive in their piracy suppression due to the high rate of piracy there and the threat that Toogarth Empire presents. This has produced navies which produce ships that are less specialized, able to to do many tasks other then just a ships of the line or a carrier or a collier (military supplies transport).
The Feral Dog CVA is an example of the regional design styles. The <race name> designed this assault carrier to be able to suppress the in an entire star system and for taking out pirate bases with out relying on supporting ships. The <race name> has built over 30 of these ships for themselves and another 40 for their neighboring system states. The <race name> uses the Zimbanchi sub-light fighter as it's standard parasite craft for it's CVA's hangers, but also produce the Amachi long range intercepters as their main scouting force.
The Feral Dog is shaped like a large flying wings with large weapon nacelles, covered with weapons bay blisters, on the wings of the ship. It has four hanger bay hatches, half on the bow of the ship (1 dorsal & 1 ventral) and two on the stern of the ship (1 dorsal & 1 ventral).
Unlike some other navies, the bridge (and aux. Bridge) are buried deep in the ship where they are one of the most protected parts of the ship. However there is a forward observation deck that does sucker some attacks of navies that are still stuck in the flying bridge traditions.
The <race name> exclusively use Traction Drive technology for their starships, fighters and missiles. As such they have developed the drive technology to the point that they can make drives that can reach Speed Factor 40 at the high end. But the cost of these high end speed factor drives is double that of normal traction drives. However, they rarely use these high end drives except in their couriers and some of their scout fighters.

Class Name: Feral Dog CVA
Class Type: Light Assault Carrier
Ship's Compliment: 1000
Ship's Crew: 240
Pilots & Fighter Maintenance Crew: Variable
Marines: Variable
Fighter Complement: <undetermined>
Total Main Body S.D.C..: 1.32 million
Hanger Bay Hatches (4)--300 each
Weapon Blister-- 200 each
Variable Force Fields (6)--660,000 each zone (Bow, Stern, Dorsal, Ventral, Port, & Starboard.)

Speeds
Flying: The Feral Dog does not have any atmospheric capabilities and relies support craft for access to a planet's surface.
Star Drive: Traction Drive, Speed Factor of 25 times c, with Dual Accelerators.
Range: Limited only by the amount of supplies carried. Cargo pods can be attached to extend mission range. Has hydrogen bunkerage for 6 months of operations.
Power Source: Advanced Fusion Reactor, jump load rated.

Height:
Width:
Length:
Tonnage: 6,000 tons
Flight Flight Deck: 2,000 tons of fighters with 20 automated fighter reloading systems.

Weapons:
BB Free Electron X-Ray Laser (20)
Ballistic Missile Launcher (mass-driver) (14)
LRM Missile Launcher (mass-driver) (28)
MRL Missile Launcher (mass-driver) (10)
Light Lasers (point defense) (26)
Light Free Electron X-Ray Lasers (24)

Ballistic Missile Magazine: 2800 missile capacity.
LRM Missile Magazine: 10,000 missile capacity.
MRM Missile Magazine: 10,000 missile capacity.
Fighter Missile Magazine: (2,000 modules)

Storage: 1000 modules

Other systems:
Defensive systems

E.C.M. (corrected)
Stealth Coating
Magnetic Shield
Tractor Beam (4, one per Hanger hatch)

Sensors
Advances Sensors
Military Sensors
Scientific Sensors
Perimeter Security & Anti-Collision Sensors

Systems
Satellite Uplink (5)
1 Light Hour Communications
Long Range Gravtic Communications

computers & programs
Auto-Pilot (80%)
Super Navigation Computer (98%/98%)

Other Spacecraft Systems
Auxiliary Bridge
Flag Bridge
Medical Bay with Healing Units (3)

Crew quarters (1000)
Officers' Quarters (30)
Brigs (100)
Decontamination Chamber (2)
NanoTech Machine Shop
Recycling Plant: Life Support: Rated for 3000 crew

Extra Oxygen Tanks (200)
Weight & Exercise Room & pool (2 of each)
External Cargo Dock (10)
Life Boats (24)
Automated Hull Breach sealing System

Highlighted systems are ones I developed for the expansion I've been writing up.
The Race that made this ship is yet to determined and the fighters mentioned are yet to be designed.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
gaby
Knight

Unread post by gaby »

Great,I always like more ships.
arouetta
Megaversal® Ambassador

Thread necromancy!

I've been mulling over this concept for a while, thought it would make for a light-hearted game. I couldn't make the ship as grandiose as I want (Luxury Accommodations are expensive!), but it's still on par with a smaller cruise ship.

Passenger Cruise Transport Titania

After its ill-fated collision with a comet, the small space transport was salvaged and rebuilt by new owners. They had it towed to a new system in the hopes of shaking off any ill reputation, but sightings of ghosts and whispers of how comets always seem to come too close to the viewports ruined any chance of that. However, the talk has actually increased revenue as people want to fly, hoping to be the next to see the children playing in the corridors, the woman weeping in the lounge, or hear the unseen voices of rough men always around the next bend. And the lounges are always full at early evening as measured by the host planet, as that is when there tends to be comet sightings.

Transport
400 tons
1.2 million credits
800 modules
10,000 SDC

Medium Armor
800,000 credits
60 modules
AR 13
8,000 SDC

(6) Launch Bay Medium Armor
300,000 credits
120 modules
AR 14 (ea)
200 SDC (ea)

Laser Sail Drive
Speed Factor 5
50,635 credits
40 modules

Anti-Missile Chaff
20 globes
90,000 credits
0.6 modules

Reflective Coating
400,000 credits
0 modules

Basic Sensor Package
250,000 credits
0.5 modules

2 million credits
2.4 modules

Artificial Gravity
500,000 credits
10 modules

(3) External Cargo Docks
6,000 credits
0.3 modules

(6) External Launch Bays
2.7 million credits
6 modules

4 million credits
40 modules

(25) Escape Pods
750,000 credits
25 modules

150 Luxury Accommodations
22.5 million credits
75 modules

50 Luxury Individual Environmental Rooms
12 million credits
25 modules

112 Crew Quarters/Standard Accommodations
560,000 credits
22.4 modules

(20) Recreation Facilities
1 million credits
40 modules
- Medical Bay
- (2) Restaurants
- Galley
- Spa
- Fitness Room
- Casino
- (4) Shops
- Theatre
- Swimming Pool
- Hot Tub
- (2) Lounges
- Gym
- Club
- Crew Galley
- Crew Dining Room

Cargo
333 modules

Grand Total
49,106,635 credits (ouch!)
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

drat, you beat me to it.
MADMANMIKE
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: The Emolancer

Unread post by MADMANMIKE »

arouetta wrote:Heck, if we're throwing the doors open to expensive stuff, here's a little beauty I have planned for the next campaign. If my spreadsheet was programmed right, it came in at just below 12 million credits. Here's the floorplan.

3000 SDC
200 tons
200 ft in lenths
(4) Ion Beams, Rotating
Light Armor
(4) Light Turret Armor
Basic Computer Package
Basic Sensor Package
Auto-Pilot Computer
Artificial Gravity
(8) Survival Suits
(10) Atmospheric Tanks
Lifeboat
(102) Cargo area

I like your design, but the scale is off on your floorplan; unless your standard crew quarters include 12ft long beds, your squares are only 3ft, not 5ft, making your design 120ft long, not 200ft long.
Minions - Character Sheets <---- UPDATED LINK TO MY DA PAGE!!!
Must repeat my mantra: As a genius, I am not qualified to make the assessment "it doesn't take a genius to figure this out."
arouetta
Megaversal® Ambassador

Now, as it was mentioned that this is for helping GMs, what about the option of throwing out the budget and creating the really big stuff like space stations? Have a couple of ideas kicking around....
arouetta
Megaversal® Ambassador

MADMANMIKE wrote:
arouetta wrote:Heck, if we're throwing the doors open to expensive stuff, here's a little beauty I have planned for the next campaign. If my spreadsheet was programmed right, it came in at just below 12 million credits. Here's the floorplan.

3000 SDC
200 tons
200 ft in lenths
(4) Ion Beams, Rotating
Light Armor
(4) Light Turret Armor
Basic Computer Package
Basic Sensor Package
Auto-Pilot Computer
Artificial Gravity
(8) Survival Suits
(10) Atmospheric Tanks
Lifeboat
(102) Cargo area

I like your design, but the scale is off on your floorplan; unless your standard crew quarters include 12ft long beds, your squares are only 3ft, not 5ft, making your design 120ft long, not 200ft long.

Whoops! The standard tiles for the program I used are 5 ft, so I assumed the custom tiles would be too, without actually looking at the artwork. Good catch!
MADMANMIKE

That's alright, the ship I'm designing now is for my current game where two of the characters are actually 10ft tall, so I'll need to make the beds that big.
Must repeat my mantra: As a genius, I am not qualified to make the assessment "it doesn't take a genius to figure this out."
arouetta
Megaversal® Ambassador

The "mosquito" style shuttle is a fairly popular style in the FAR. Able to access gateways and yet still falling the in budget class of spacecraft, it can travel from point A to point B in relative speed and comfort. There's not a lot of room for cargo, beyond what is needed for daily living, however two external cargo docks enable the operator to turn a profit.

"mosquite" shuttle
80 tons
1200 SDC
crew 1

ion drive
speed factor 10

(2) laser beam weapons
damage 1d6x10+6
sdc 100

light armor
ar 12
sdc 800

alumina cloud dispenser
(10) dust clouds

reflective coating
motion perimeter and collision warning system
atmosphere recycling system
artificial gravity
(2) external cargo docks
(20 modules) extra modular capacity
(4) crew quarters/standard accommodations
grapple system rated for 500 tons
recreation facilities (galley)
trans-atmospheric capabilities
automatic hull breach sealing system
escape pod
gateway activation equipment
(11 modules) cargo area

4,322,000 credits
arouetta
Megaversal® Ambassador

Hey here's a couple of challenges I can't manage. Can anyone build a ship with the lowest budget (2 million credits)? Or the smallest shuttle size (5 tons)?
Snake Eyes
Hero
Comment: Living in Florida, soon to be Dinosaur Swamp

Unread post by Snake Eyes »

A 5-ton shuttle? wouldn't that be an escape pod.......

Those are two good challenges though
The Dragon Has Spoken
MADMANMIKE

Here's the internal dimensions of a 5 ton shuttle with extra modular capacity; each block represents one module, except the two outer oblong ones, they're each .75 modules (representing together the odd 1.5 modules).

Looking at them, some of the features don't make sense on the space they take (i.e. .2 modules for a crew room in crew accommodations) but they tend to balance each other out in the end; as long as your module total is used up, you have a balanced ship.

From this perspective, I'd be hard pressed to use up 2million on a 5ton shuttle..
MADMANMIKE

Right, there's quite a bit of money left over..

5 ton shuttle

Base frame: 5 tons, 5 modules, 75 S.D.C...................................................COST: 10,000C

Propulsion: Anti-gravity, Factor 20...........................0.5 modules.............COST: 32,500C

Weapons: Ion Beam Turret........................................0.6 modules.............COST: 160,000C

Armor: None, too many modules to be added

Extra Features:
•Pin-Point Shields (2), 400 S.D.C. each.....................0.4 modules.............COST: 3,000C

Sensor Systems, Computer & Programs
•Basic Sensor Package..............................................0.5 modules.............COST: 250,000C
•Motion Perimeter & Collision Warning System.........0.5 modules.............COST: 5,000C

Other Spacecraft Systems
•Atmosphere Recycling System.................................0.3 modules.............COST: 250,000C
•External Cargo Dock...............................................0.1 modules.............COST: 2,000C
•Extra Modular Capacity (added 2.5 modules)...........................................COST: 62,500C
•Recreational Facility (commons area)......................2.0 modules.............COST: 50,000C
•Atmospheric Capability...........................................0.5 modules.............COST: 50,000C
•Automatic Hull Breach Sealing System.....................0.5 modules.............COST: 50,000C
•Atmosphere Tanks (6).............................................0.6 modules.............COST: 72,000C

-------------------------------------------------------TOTAL COST: 997,000C

1 Module of Cargo space left over.. I will point out that as an artist and designer, my biggest problem with the Spacecraft Construction Rules is the 1 ton = 1 foot of length for the ships. This is nonsense. granted there's obviously going to be additional feet in width and height, but the idea that a 5 ton shuttle is going to be 5 feet long is just plain absurd. So in designing a ship I only use that number as a loose guideline for bigger ships.

Instead, the dimensions of a module are what I go from, and then mostly just for the internal dimensions. 1 module = 125 square feet; that's a 5ft by 5ft by 5ft cube, easy enough; adding extra modular capacity in reality is more like taking away from the module cost of systems, but for designing a craft visually I'll use it for the added dimensions. Hence the image linked in the previous post. Now I can take the features I've chosen and do the deck plan accordingly.

Actual final dimensions: 17ft long x 8.25ft tall x 18ft wide.

So here hit is: The 5 ton Runabout
eliakon
Palladin

Unread post by eliakon »

MADMANMIKE wrote:Right, there's quite a bit of money left over..

5 ton shuttle

Base frame: 5 tons, 5 modules, 75 S.D.C...................................................COST: 10,000C

Propulsion: Anti-gravity, Factor 20...........................0.5 modules.............COST: 32,500C

Weapons: Ion Beam Turret........................................0.6 modules.............COST: 160,000C

Extra Features:
•Pin-Point Shields (2), 400 S.D.C. each.....................0.4 modules.............COST: 3,000C

•Basic Sensor Package..............................................0.5 modules.............COST: 250,000C
•Motion Perimeter & Collision Warning System.........0.5 modules.............COST: 5,000C

Other Spacecraft Systems
•Atmosphere Recycling System.................................0.3 modules.............COST: 250,000C
•External Cargo Dock...............................................0.1 modules.............COST: 2,000C
•Extra Modular Capacity (added 2.5 modules)...........................................COST: 62,500C
•Recreational Facility (commons area)......................2.0 modules.............COST: 50,000C
•Atmospheric Capability...........................................0.5 modules.............COST: 50,000C
•Automatic Hull Breach Sealing System.....................0.5 modules.............COST: 50,000C
•Atmosphere Tanks (6).............................................0.6 modules.............COST: 72,000C

1 Module of Cargo space left over.. I will point out that as an artist and designer, my biggest problem with the Spacecraft Construction Rules is the 1 ton = 1 foot of length for the ships. This is nonsense. granted there's obviously going to be additional feet in width and height, but the idea that a 5 ton shuttle is going to be 5 feet long is just plain absurd. So in designing a ship I only use that number as a loose guideline for bigger ships.

Instead, the dimensions of a module are what I go from, and then mostly just for the internal dimensions. 1 module = 125 square feet; that's a 5ft by 5ft by 5ft cube, easy enough; adding extra modular capacity in reality is more like taking away from the module cost of systems, but for designing a craft visually I'll use it for the added dimensions. Hence the image linked in the previous post. Now I can take the features I've chosen and do the deck plan accordingly.

Bows in awe. Were not worthy. But I am going to be uhh, borrowing this shuttle for my games if you don't mind. :D

Snake Eyes
Hero
Comment: Living in Florida, soon to be Dinosaur Swamp

Unread post by Snake Eyes »

MADMANMIKE wrote:Right, there's quite a bit of money left over..

5 ton shuttle

Extra Features:

Other Spacecraft Systems

:shock: WOW!!!!!
The Dragon Has Spoken
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Shuttle "Alagelcir"
This is a custom built ship from the Abersurith shipyards in TGE space.
The ship is a flat disc with running lights around the rim with a ramp that folds down from the underside to be able to load/unload both cargo and passengers. The hull is painted with a smart paint that can change it colors and patterns down to a 1mm x1mm pixel. Unlike many cultures are stuck on, the control deck near the center of the shuttle.

Tons: 75
SDC: 1125
AG drives: Atmo.: Mach 10, FTL: SF 20
Crew: 1
Weight: 75 tons
Diameter: 75 feet.
Height: 25' from keel to dorsal. Stands 5' off the ground on landing jacks.

Features:
Crew automation
Trans-Atmo. Capability
Basic Sensors Upgrade
Auto-pilot (45%)
Standard Crew Quarters 1
W/bath (pressurized cabin)
Med. Particle Beam (forward)
Light Laser in Retractible Concealed turret
Normal FF 285 SDC
24 tons/modules of cargo space

Sidenote: this was done with a max. budget of 4 million credits.
Last edited by drewkitty ~..~ on Sun Sep 14, 2014 9:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MADMANMIKE

eliakon wrote:... But I am going to be uhh, borrowing this shuttle for my games if you don't mind. :D

Well then you'll need this too: Interior Floor Plan

I put the two passenger seats on locking rails, so if they're both in the center configuration the two bunk beds can fold down (otherwise they lock by the wall giving room to move around); opposite the bunks are a combo refrigerator/microwave/oven and a pantry cabinet. On either side of the pilot's station are the six oxygen tanks (with the recycling system that gives the ship 116 days for 3 people). On the pilot's right is the super-nav computer, and in the airlock is a storage locker for general cargo (and spacesuits if you know what's good for you!).
NMI
OLD ONE

Unread post by NMI »

drewkitty ~..~ wrote:Shuttle "Alagelcir"
This is a custom built ship from the Abersurith shipyards in TGE space.
The ship is a flat disc with running lights around the rim with a ramp that folds down from the underside to be able to load/unload both cargo and passengers. The hull is painted with a smart paint that can change it colors and patterns down to a 1mm x1mm pixel. Unlike many cultures are stuck on, the control deck near the center of the shuttle.

Tons: 75
SDC: 1125
AG drives: Atmo.: Mach 10, FTL: SF 20
Crew: 1

Features:
Crew automation
Trans-Atmo. Capability
Basic Sensors Upgrade
Auto-pilot (45%)
Standard Crew Quarters 1
W/bath (pressurized cabin)
Med. Particle Beam (forward)
Light Laser in Retractible Concealed turret
Normal FF 285 SDC
24 tons/modules of cargo space

Sidenote: this was done with a max. budget of 4 million credits.

How much did you "charge" for the paint?
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Used my Artistic License #81-F147.

In other words it is just a part of the Flavor Text. So it was an 'off budget' item.
Last edited by drewkitty ~..~ on Wed Jun 04, 2014 2:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
eliakon
Palladin

Unread post by eliakon »

drewkitty ~..~ wrote:Used my Artistic License #81-F4I7.

In other words it is just a part of the Flavor Text. So it was an 'off budget' item.

So flavor aside, it cant actually be used in game as camouflage, it cant actually disguise the ship, etc?

drewkitty ~..~
Monk

eliakon wrote:
drewkitty ~..~ wrote:Used my Artistic License #81-F147.

So flavor aside, it cant actually be used in game as camouflage, it cant actually disguise the ship, etc?

I didn't add any cammo settings....it is more "No...that's not the right paint job. That must be a different ship from the one we are looking for.."

Does anybody know of anyplace other then MiO page 81 "the Hull" where a pb gamebook mentions "Go Faster Stripes"? maybe with a cost mentioned with it?
MADMANMIKE

The S.S. POS

The S.S. POS
Small Shuttle 30 tons, 25ft wide x 32ft long x 12.5 ft tall Base frame cost: 60,000C

SDC: 450

Ion Fusion Engines, Factor 10, 9 mods 130,000C

Basics, no extra sensors/computers

Atmosphere Recycling System, .3 mods 250,000C

External Cargo Dock, .1 mods 2,000C

Trans-atmospheric Capabilities, .1 mods per ton = 3 mods 300,000C

Automatic Hull Breach Sealing System, .1 mods per ton = 3 mods 300,000C

Atmosphere Tanks .1 mods per tank 6 tanks = .6 mods 72,000C

Gateway Activation Equipment, 10 mods 250,000C

4 mods cargo space

Cost: 1,364,000C

That's the ship from my current game; after this weekend I'll post the upgraded version (the upgrades haven't happened yet).
MADMANMIKE

Okay, the group was suspected of piracy, so when they entered the decontamination chamber disembarking from the S.S. POS they were gassed with a non-lethal sleep agent and put in cryo. As it turns out, the S.S. POS is clearly incapable of Piracy, and in fact one of the passengers is the nephew of one of the builders of the station. That character's Uncle passed away and left a cargo ship to him, located in a nearby system (10 light years away). Part of the will left 5 million credits to upgrade whatever ship he had in order to get him to the inheritance.

After they were put in cryo the accountant who is executor of his uncle's will realized the mistake and chose to have the ship upgraded before they were awakened, in order to reduce their anger over the mis-accusation.

One hitch, the station was taken over by pirates before the ship was finished. The Accountanant, a Cebus named Carven, awakens them before the ship is finished and explains the situation, offering them a reward to free the station.

The S.S. POS Upgrades

Weapons:
•Dual Light Laser Turret (+1 to strike, 6 mile range, 2D6x10+12), 1 module, 200 SDC, 200,000C, Armor: Heavy .2 mods, AR: 15, 300 SDC, 20,000C

•Dual Light Rail Gun Turret (+1 to strike, 2 mile range, 2D8x10), 1 module, 300 SDC, 80,000C, Armor: Heavy .2 mods, AR: 14, 300 SDC, 20,000C
•Ammo: 200 rounds, +1 reload (additional 200 rounds, .5 mods)

Interstellar Ramjet engines Factor 100, 9 mods, 900,000C (-value of old engines)

Shields (recharge 10 SDC per hour) 450 SDC (75 per side, can be shifted) 270,000C .9 mods
6 pin-point shields (400 SDC, +2 to parry [+4 with Weapon Systems skill]) 1.2 mods 9,000C

Extra Equipment
•Extra-Modular Capacity (15 extra mods) 375,000C
•Alumina Cloud Dispenser (2.2 mods, 12 charges) 66,000C
•Advanced Sensor Package (4 light year range) 2 mods, 1,000,000C
•Super Navigation Computer (Sub-light 60%, FTL 60%) .5 mods 1,050,000C
•Targeting Radar/Combat Computer (additional +2 to strike and +1 to dodge) .3 mods, 500,000C
•Maneuver Enhancement Package (+2 init, +4 dodge, +20% to piloting rolls) 6 mods 90,000C

only 3 mods of cargo left (took out two of the over-sized passenger seats and added a weapons control station in their place).

UPGRADES COST 4,580,000C
arouetta
Megaversal® Ambassador

What sort of things would be found on a space station? That's my next project. I can think of station admin, security, facilities for receiving ships, support services, housing for station personnel, businesses for renting temporary quarters to personnel between ships/wanting a weekend away from the ship, shops, eating facilities, drinking facilities, and entertainment facilities. What else? And for those shops and facilities, what would be some of the more space-oriented/unusual?
arouetta
Megaversal® Ambassador

I blew up the group's transport last game, and they all had to cram into an enemy shuttle they had taken over. Pretty stripped down, this way the new to the group Mechanical Hardware genius can have a field day fixing it up.

Shuttle
-- 140 tons, 140 ft
-- 2100 SDC
Ion Drive
-- 15 Speed Factor
(2) Light Laser Beams
-- 1D6x10+6 SDC ea
Light Armor
-- 1400 SDC
Artificial Gravity
(1) External Cargo Dock
Grapple System
-- 1000 tons capability
(1) Recreation Facility (Galley)
Trans Atmospheric Capabilities
Lifeboat
(8) Sleep & Stasis Systems
43.5 modules Cargo Space

4,367,000 credits
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Truistar Patrol Frigate
This product of the Ambarkromby Shipyards has been a staple of the ears for over 150 standard years. This class is listed as a Long Range Patrol Craft and does very well in that roll. However, this listing is a bit misleading in that while it was truly designed for that roll there was much thought put into what the class would be needed for. With just it's organic ships systems it can fulfill the peacetime rolls of anti-piracy patrol, convoy escort, system and stelar survey, space search and rescue, and humanitarian first responder; and the wartime rolls of Convoy Escort, system picket, fleet picket, and commerce raiding. But with the addition of mission specific pods and bays will expand its peacetime rolls to include as a fast humanitarian response ship in lifting in supplies or emergency personal, and the wartime rolls of fast collier, deep penetration raider, and that of Escort Carrier.
The weapons mix of the class has changed over the decades, but the overall numbers and sizes have remained relatively the same. Some common refits of this class give the ships a full ship shielding and/or interstellar communications.
The ship, without any cargo, passenger, or fighter augmentations, looks like blunt double ended spindle that the center third has a 4 sided cross-section. There are no apparent dive ports or nacelles.
Truistar Class Frigate.
Tonnage: 400.
Crew: 83.
Weight: 400 tons.
Dimensions: length: 400 feet, beam: 75 feet.
S.D.C.: 8,000 (hull), & 4 Ethiric Bucklers @ 400 each.
Maximum Sub-Light speed: 10% c.
Maximum Jump distance: 7 light years.
Power Source: 2, 20 P.P.E. per minute mystic generators with 10,000 PPE.
Mystic Capacitor. Mystical Generators (500 ton rated)
Modifications: 100 additional modules.
Total Cost: (recalculating)
Unused Modules: 86.3

Drives:
Helmar Drive (rated 900 tons)
Rifting Jump Drive Isema

Weapons:
Disruptors, heavy (2)
Lighting Torpedo Launcher, Heavy (2)
Meteorite Cannon, Medium (4)
Dragon Gun, Anti-ship keel gun
D.S.N. Beamer, Light (2)
T.A.G.'s, Medium (10)

Defensive systems
Point Defense Disruptor cluster
Ethiric Bucklers (4)

Magnetic Shield
Reflective Coating
Gravtic Tractor Beam, (2, rated for 1,000 tons each)

Other Systems
Wilyadan Air Processors
Restoration Chamber

Crew Quarters (250)
Launch Bay Collars (4)
Advanced Sensors
Artificial Gravity
Satellite Uplink Computer
Scientific Array
Geological Sensor Array
Galley, Basic
Brig, standard (26)
Armory, Marine (10 modules)

Atmospheric tanks (50)
Stasis Pantries (200 modules)
Hydroponics (10)

Shuttle Bay, Internal (25 tons, prorated launch bay)
Last edited by drewkitty ~..~ on Sun Sep 14, 2014 10:06 pm, edited 2 times in total.
eliakon
Palladin

Unread post by eliakon »

drewkitty ~..~ wrote:Truistar Patrol Frigate
This product of the Ambarkromby Shipyards has been a staple of the ears for over 150 standard years. This class is listed as a Long Range Patrol Craft and does very well in that roll. However, this listing is a bit misleading in that while it was truly designed for that roll there was much thought put into what the class would be needed for. With just it's organic ships systems it can fulfill the peacetime rolls of anti-piracy patrol, convoy escort, system and stelar survey, space search and rescue, and humanitarian first responder; and the wartime rolls of Convoy Escort, system picket, fleet picket, and commerce raiding. But with the addition of mission specific pods and bays will expand its peacetime rolls to include as a fast humanitarian response ship in lifting in supplies or emergency personal, and the wartime rolls of fast collier, deep penetration raider, and that of Escort Carrier.
The weapons mix of the class has changed over the decades, but the overall numbers and sizes have remained relatively the same. Some common refits of this class give the ships a full ship shielding and/or interstellar communications.

Truistar Class Frigate.
Crew: 83.
S.D.C.: 8,000 (hull), & 4 Ethiric Bucklers @ 400 each.
Maximum Sub-Light speed: 10% c.
Maximum Jump distance: 7 light years.
Power Source: 2, 20 P.P.E. per minute mystic generators with 10,000 PPE.
Mystic Capacitor. Mystical Generators (500 ton rated)
Modifications: 100 additional modules.
Total Cost: 42,422,500
Unused Modules: 86.3

Drives:
Helmar Drive (rated 900 tons)
Rifting Jump Drive Isema

Weapons:
Disruptors, heavy (2)
Lighting Torpedo Launcher, Heavy (2)
Meteorite Cannon, Medium (4)
Dragon Gun, Anti-ship keel gun
D.S.N. Beamer, Light (2)
T.A.G.'s, Medium (10)

Defensive systems
Point Defense Disruptor cluster
Ethiric Bucklers (4)

Magnetic Shield
Reflective Coating
Gravtic Tractor Beam, (2, rated for 1,000 tons each)

Other Systems
Wilyadan Air Processors
Restoration Chamber

Crew Quarters (250)
Launch Bay Collars (4)
Advanced Sensors
Artificial Gravity
Scientific Array
Geological Sensor Array
Galley, Basic
Brig, standard (26)
Armory, Marine (10 modules)

Atmospheric tanks (50)
Stasis Pantries (200 modules)
Hydroponics (10)

Shuttle Bay, Internal (25 tons, prorated launch bay)

Not to nit-pick or anything but.....when the ship is totally un-useable with out your personal house rules, why would you put it up in a thread that specifically asks for ships that follow the books?

drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Well hopefully the supplement will be available to all soon, but then again we all, including you eli, have our own deviations from the stated topic of the OP. *shrugs*
eliakon
Palladin

Unread post by eliakon »

drewkitty ~..~ wrote:Well hopefully the supplement will be available to all soon, but then again we all, including you eli, have our own deviations from the stated topic of the OP. *shrugs*

I dunno. My ship was completely book legal. If your supplement has been accepted for publication then sure use it. But if its just a "I sent something in maybe it will get accepted" then I would say that your back to "Hey I am going to ignore the topic and post a house rule ship"

drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Elroh Class.
Crew: 83 crew, 120 marines, and 30 ground crew & pilots.
S.D.C.: 12,000 (hull&armor) & 6000 (Force Field)
Drive: Anti-gravity
Total Cost: 56,847,000 credits.
Unused Modules: 179.3

Drives:
Anti-Gravity (600 ton rated)

Weapons:
Heavy Rail Guns (x10)
Concealed Turreted Medium Lasers (x20)
Concealed Turreted Light Rail Guns w/ crew Automation (x20)

Defensive systems
Light Armor: VAR: 15 SDC: +4000
Full Force Fields 6000 SDC (x2, main & back up)
Magnetic Shield
Reflective Coating

Other Systems
Art. Gravity
Crew Quarters (250)
External Launch Bays (2)
Advanced Sensors
Artificial Gravity
Scientific Array
Geological Sensor Array
Sensor Array
Atmospheric tanks (50)
Shuttle Bay, Internal (30 tons)
Auto-Hull Breach Sealing systems
Rec. Facilities (x4) (Marine work out space)
Long range grave. Comm.
Grapple system rated:10,000 tons (x2)
Maneuvering en. Package
FTL Accelerator (x2)
Sleep Stasis System (x400)
External Cargo Dock.

Yes I can make one w/o adding things in. But it's :badbad: BOOOOOOOOOOAAAARRRIINNNNGGGG!!!!
NMI
OLD ONE

Unread post by NMI »

Play nice people.
gaby
Knight

Unread post by gaby »

Some have forgota to put down the size of ther ships.
Knowning the size of the Ships is need.
glitterboy2098
Rifts® Trivia Master

i did request book legal ones without houserules.
please stick to by-the-book designs, to make it easier for other GM's to adapt your entries to their own houserules.

i've come up with my own set of houserule adjustments and new systems.. but book legal ones will be easier to adapt to different people's games.

-Max Beerbohm
Visit my Website
arouetta
Megaversal® Ambassador

glitterboy2098 wrote:i did request book legal ones without houserules.
please stick to by-the-book designs, to make it easier for other GM's to adapt your entries to their own houserules.

i've come up with my own set of houserule adjustments and new systems.. but book legal ones will be easier to adapt to different people's games.

If this thread is for fellow GMs, can we throw out the starting budget? I'm itching to design a space station, but I can't do the type that PCs are likely to stop at on even the maximum budget.

Return to “Heroes Unlimited™”