Atorian Empire Source book Kickstarter?

If Super Heroes/Heroines & Super Villains are your game, discuss them here.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

VR Dragon
Dungeon Crawler

Atorian Empire Source book Kickstarter?

Unread post by VR Dragon »

Any chance for a kickstarter thingy being done for the Aliens Unlimited Atorian Empire book? I've waited years for this book. Thoughts or coments...
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Re: Atorian Empire Source book Kickstarter?

Unread post by drewkitty ~..~ »

I very much would like the Atorian Empire sourcebook to be made. Better then the Rifts moo$$books.
May you be blessed with the ability to change course when you are off the mark.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
Reading and writing (literacy) is how people on BBS interact.
H.P. Hovercraft
Explorer

Unread post by H.P. Hovercraft »

KS's Jan. 22, 2013 "Murmurs From The Megaverse," mentions that he has the go ahead for the Atorian book, and he plans to have it out next year!!
Colour me excited!!
NMI
OLD ONE

Unread post by NMI »

H.P. Hovercraft wrote:KS's Jan. 22, 2013 "Murmurs From The Megaverse," mentions that he has the go ahead for the Atorian book, and he plans to have it out next year!!
Colour me excited!!

You know if a Atorian Empire thread pops up, I am eventually going to chime in... :D

I wonder what portions of what gets printed will differ from the manuscript that I have seen.
"Freedom is the recognition that no single person, no single authority or government has a monopoly on the truth, but that every individual life is infinitely precious, that every one of us put on this world has been put there for a reason and has something to offer."
Megaversal Ambassador Coordinator
My GoFund Me - Help Me Walk Again
Reagren Wright
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: The greatest part of the writer's time is spent in reading, in order to write: a man will turn over half a library to make one book. - Samuel Johnson, 1775

Unread post by Reagren Wright »

NMI wrote:
H.P. Hovercraft wrote:KS's Jan. 22, 2013 "Murmurs From The Megaverse," mentions that he has the go ahead for the Atorian book, and he plans to have it out next year!!
Colour me excited!!

You know if a Atorian Empire thread pops up, I am eventually going to chime in... :D

I wonder what portions of what gets printed will differ from the manuscript that I have seen.

:roll: You know I really wish they get this book published so we don't have to be continually
harassed by NMI here constantly jumping up down like that guy in the Porky Pig cartoon, "I
know something, but I won't tell." Its worse than being tease by the jocks of Alpha Beta (name
the reference?). The sooner we get it we all can share in the fun. And if they don't hurt up and
get it published, I'm going to find me an 800 lb gorilla, put a Thrope hat on his
head and said it after him :D . I also believe that even if we did set up a kickstarter for it,
Atorians would end at the back end of the bus, actually a speck of dust on the outside of the
glass. I've become quite pessimistic about seeing any S.D.C. games as of late :( .
H.P. Hovercraft
Explorer

Unread post by H.P. Hovercraft »

Reagren Wright wrote:
NMI wrote:
Colour me excited!!

:roll: You know I really wish they get this book published so we don't have to be continually
harassed by NMI here constantly jumping up down like that guy in the Porky Pig cartoon, "I
know something, but I won't tell." Its worse than being tease by the jocks of Alpha Beta (name
the reference?). The sooner we get it we all can share in the fun. And if they don't hurt up and
get it published, I'm going to find me an 800 lb gorilla, put a Thrope hat on his
head and said it after him :D . I also believe that even if we did set up a kickstarter for it,
Atorians would end at the back end of the bus, actually a speck of dust on the outside of the
glass. I've become quite pessimistic about seeing any S.D.C. games as of late :( .

When this book (detailing the most "amazing, fantastic, uber-kewel Empire in the galaxy [which we have all of four paragraphs of info on]) finally gets published, we can all have our revenge on NMI...............nerd ;)
NMI
OLD ONE

Unread post by NMI »

The Baron vonClogg wrote:Is Wayne B even remotely interested in puting this book out anymore? That was started, what, fifteen years ago? Much longer, and he'll be retired...
Yes. Kevin mentioned speaking to Wayne Breaux earlier this year and they spoke of the manuscript.
"Freedom is the recognition that no single person, no single authority or government has a monopoly on the truth, but that every individual life is infinitely precious, that every one of us put on this world has been put there for a reason and has something to offer."
Witchcraft
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Witchcraft »

Two PCs / Alts in my current campaign have tied their backgrounds and bios direction to the material they "hope" might be in this Sourcebook if / when we see it. I think it's going to be incredible! Just as soon as it gets printed...*wink*
There is no spoon.
NMI
OLD ONE

Unread post by NMI »

Witchcraft wrote:Two PCs / Alts in my current campaign have tied their backgrounds and bios direction to the material they "hope" might be in this Sourcebook if / when we see it. I think it's going to be incredible! Just as soon as it gets printed...*wink*

I'd be interested in seeing those backgrounds.
Glistam
Megaversal® Ambassador
Comment: The silent thief of Rozrehxeson.

Unread post by Glistam »

Witchcraft wrote:Two PCs / Alts in my current campaign have tied their backgrounds and bios direction to the material they "hope" might be in this Sourcebook if / when we see it. I think it's going to be incredible! Just as soon as it gets printed...*wink*

I don't think that was actually our thought process... Our bios tried to stay faithful to what little printed material there was, but of course allowances and extrapolations had to be made. I'd be surprised if any of the stuff we've worked out is part of someone else's thought process for the Atorian Empire, considering the different directions we each went and how we adapted it all to fit it into a Rifts campaign.

I'm mildly interested in an Atorian sourcebook, but mostly for the cool tech that should be in there.
Zerebus: "I like MDC. MDC is a hundred times better than SDC."

kiralon: "...the best way to kill an old one is to crash a moon into it."

Temporal Wizard O.C.C. update 0.8 | Rifts random encounters
New Fire magic | New Temporal magic
Grim Gulf, the Nightlands version of Century Station

Let Chaos Magic flow in your campaigns.
gaby
Knight

Unread post by gaby »

What do you think is needed in Atorian Empire?
VR Dragon
Dungeon Crawler

I have been waiting for this book since the release of the galaxy guide book.

I want to know more about atorian weapons and space ships. I would like to know more about controlled worlds and resistance movements. I would like to know about throne worlds and their queens/empresses.

the plight of atorian males and masculinist movement.

Monsters from space like a giant space crystalline amoeba that sucks planets dry of all life by antimatter particles.

It wasn't nice after all to say its coming soon, have a manuscript in hand, and not go for the finishing release. :(
The Artist Formerly
Champion
Comment: Time Magazine's person of the year, 2006.

Unread post by The Artist Formerly »

Guys, you could be setting yourselves up for a major disappointment. For all we know, it will be two pages on the Atorians and eleven pages on Atorian brand soda. The best drink for the oppressed across the galaxy.
When I look in the dictionary and see the word Cool...I see Taffy's picture...-Shady Slug
Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power. -Abraham Lincoln
gaby
Knight

Unread post by gaby »

I hope ther the Atorian Goverment,Mititary,Ranks,ships,Historyand a Map of ther Empire.
NMI
OLD ONE

Unread post by NMI »

A map is probably not likely given the size and scope of the empire based on how it is described in Aliens Unlimited & Galaxy Guide
arouetta
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by arouetta »

NMI wrote:A map is probably not likely given the size and scope of the empire based on how it is described in Aliens Unlimited & Galaxy Guide

Pull a National Geographic and have a poster sized pullout map loose in the center. After all a BtS sourcebook had a newspaper, so there's history of doing something special.
VR Dragon
Dungeon Crawler

it wouldn't have to be a full detailed map, a few pages devoted to sectors, major planets, throne worlds, etc. Hell this could grow into 2-3 books and could become a preparing for an Atorian war or something. It worked for Rifts.
BookWyrm
Champion
Comment: Mondos non cogitarus, Consilium!

Unread post by BookWyrm »

I could see it as a response to the Minion War. While the Atortian Empire survives relatively intact (a few systems surrendered quickly, some were conquered after decisive battles) a section of space called the "bloody sheath", the "dagger's wound" or even the "broken talon" remains a scarred, lifeless and haunted place in the Empire, pointing toward the Prime Throneworld; many starships try to go around this barren slash of space, much like Terran sea-vessels avoid the Bermuda Triangle. Few actual ships dare go into the zone, and even then at the tips where the sector is unavoidable to go around. many claim to hear the moaning of the dead & damned as they pass by the sector, even through the void of space.....

The TMC and FAR sectors were weakened, but remain viably strong & influential organizations in the Milky Way, scrambling to develop & field new technologies and ships to compensate for those lost in the Minion 'Incursion'. Their intelligencia services keep a wary eye on the Toogarth sector and the activities therein. Surprisingly, both TMC & FAR have been sharing intel with each other and Atoria in a kind of cold-war hyper-awareness....

the Toogarth Empire gains a major boost to it's reputation as a galactic power due to the blindest luck of all--the death of a Demon Planet in their space. Actual information on this is at best sketchy (the only real source is the Toogarth) and like any legend, gets bolder, and further from facts, in each re-telling. The Toogarth military point to the shattered lifeless rubble of what has been confirmed as the fragments of a once-living Demon Planet, an free-floating collection of asteroids near the center of their territory, as proof of their victory, but are vague on the salient details; the Toogarth Empire now sees all others as weakened in the aftermath, becoming a little bolder, expanding their borders using 'aggressive diplomacy' (intimidation, scare tactics and outright bloody conquest) nearly doubling their territory in record time....
"Yes, I know I'm going to hell; I'm bringing marshmallows."
BookWyrm aka The Horn'd One
Str-8 male Dom/Top;
Honourable but not gullible;
a Hero of the Megaverse. :D
gaby
Knight

Unread post by gaby »

With the Atorian Empire geting ther own book,I think its time to Revisit and update Aliens unlimited and AU:Galaxy guide,Every thing about the Atorian will be move to the New Book,they can replace it with a New Alien,a New Power,New Ships and All New Art.

What do you think?
NMI
OLD ONE

Unread post by NMI »

gaby wrote:With the Atorian Empire geting ther own book,I think its time to Revisit and update Aliens unlimited and AU:Galaxy guide,Every thing about the Atorian will be move to the New Book,they can replace it with a New Alien,a New Power,New Ships and All New Art.

What do you think?

The information about the Atorian Empire in Aliens Unlimited and Galaxy Guide should be left in. Why? Well the "potential", "possible" sourcebook [that I have a copy of the manuscript for :) ] does go on to state that the information about the Atorians in the previously mentioned books is what the galaxy at large "thinks" they know of the Atorians prior to the border closings, etc... As there is A LOT of information in the manuscript as it is, adding more, duplicated info would be wasteful and end up just getting cut in my opinion.
gaby
Knight

Unread post by gaby »

Ok,I think you can add more to Aliens unlimited then just the Atorian empire,s book.
SolCannibal
Champion

Unread post by SolCannibal »

Well, while i would like to see an Atorian Empire Sourcebook coming to light, i must admit i never really needed more of it than for it to be "the Empire" of the AU setting and those paragraphs we get for it and the Atorians' vassal-races in Galaxy Guide. While i had particular interest in the Thropos and their slight connection to Earth, i read and decided to ignore the extra material on Rifter because it tool the ronin movement (one of the fun things in their original write-up) out of context by making it something of a splinter population outside the empire (what doesn't even make much sense, as what made the movement a big deal was its opposition to serving unfair lords and how it could threaten their status as favored agents of the atorians - neither fits very well with a small separatist remnant state trying to resist absorption by the big empire).

That and some commentary about Mystic China in the Galaxy Guide resulted in some interesting homebrew ideas for my games.
Wayne_Breaux
Palladium Books® Freelance Artist

Unread post by Wayne_Breaux »

The Baron vonClogg wrote:Is Wayne B even remotely interested in puting this book out anymore? That was started, what, fifteen years ago? Much longer, and he'll be retired...

I've been waiting for this to come out longer than any of you! Believe it.

Kev was under the impression that I wanted full participation in the completion of the art, but after all these years, I just want it published! Also, I did all the art I REALLY wanted to do for the book many many moons ago, so I'm all good with excavating the dust from it and getting it out. When he mentioned it, I told him to get it done, so hopefully, it stays in the schedule and we can all see it sometime (reasonably) soon.

For anyone that hasn't seen it, the cover art and the clan illoes are up on my deviant art page. Unfortunately, I don't have copies of the art for the vehicles and robots I did for the book, or those would be up also.
"Immatu Imperium da nai Palladium!"

New artwork can be found at http://wbreaux.deviantart.com
Wayne_Breaux
Palladium Books® Freelance Artist

Unread post by Wayne_Breaux »

VR Dragon wrote:I have been waiting for this book since the release of the galaxy guide book.

I want to know more about atorian weapons and space ships. I would like to know more about controlled worlds and resistance movements. I would like to know about throne worlds and their queens/empresses.

Monsters from space like a giant space crystalline amoeba that sucks planets dry of all life by antimatter particles.

It wasn't nice after all to say its coming soon, have a manuscript in hand, and not go for the finishing release. :(

I haven't read my own manuscript in a long while (has it really been more than a decade since I finished it?!), but as well as I can remember (and I am sure a certain someone will correct me if I remember incorrectly ;) ):

Atorian weapons, yes. Space ships, no. The space ships were supposed to be in the second book.

Controlled worlds, not much other than general info and no specifics on resistance movements. That could be a whole other sourcebook, and such activity would be limited to fringe or newly added planets. Core worlds or old worlds are ironclad or effectively so.

Throne worlds, yes (if IIRC). Empresses, general info, I believe, stats were for book #2.

Atorian males, yes, there is info...I will leave it at that.

Giant space monsters, no, that was for book #2. Fun fact, the void whales were put into GG specifically for later Atorian books as the Shadow Empress cybernetically augments them and uses them for battle ships.

So, I am sure after all this time, I will read it again and say, "Great ideas in there, but also...sooo much more I could do with it;" however, I will be more than happy just to see it in print.
"Immatu Imperium da nai Palladium!"

New artwork can be found at http://wbreaux.deviantart.com
Glistam
Megaversal® Ambassador
Comment: The silent thief of Rozrehxeson.

Unread post by Glistam »

There is some cool art and information on the Atorians on your Deviantart page - thanks for pointing it out!

I have to say that after looking at the Atorian Empire stuff on Wayne's Deviantart I am a lot more excited about an Atorian Empire sourcebook than I was.
Zerebus: "I like MDC. MDC is a hundred times better than SDC."

kiralon: "...the best way to kill an old one is to crash a moon into it."

Temporal Wizard O.C.C. update 0.8 | Rifts random encounters
New Fire magic | New Temporal magic
Grim Gulf, the Nightlands version of Century Station

Let Chaos Magic flow in your campaigns.
Daniel Stoker
Knight
Comment: Non Impediti Ratione Cogitationis

Unread post by Daniel Stoker »

Judaism - More Old School than either Christianity or Islam.
NMI
OLD ONE

Unread post by NMI »

Wayne_Breaux wrote:
VR Dragon wrote:I have been waiting for this book since the release of the galaxy guide book.

I haven't read my own manuscript in a long while (has it really been more than a decade since I finished it?!), but as well as I can remember (and I am sure a certain someone will correct me if I remember incorrectly ;) ):

Atorian weapons, yes. Space ships, no. The space ships were supposed to be in the second book.

Controlled worlds, not much other than general info and no specifics on resistance movements. That could be a whole other sourcebook, and such activity would be limited to fringe or newly added planets. Core worlds or old worlds are ironclad or effectively so.

Throne worlds, yes (if IIRC). Empresses, general info, I believe, stats were for book #2.

Atorian males, yes, there is info...I will leave it at that.

Giant space monsters, no, that was for book #2. Fun fact, the void whales were put into GG specifically for later Atorian books as the Shadow Empress cybernetically augments them and uses them for battle ships.

So, I am sure after all this time, I will read it again and say, "Great ideas in there, but also...sooo much more I could do with it;" however, I will be more than happy just to see it in print.

As that "certain someone", I will be honored to correct you.. if correction was needed.

Atorian, Noble and other weapons galore! and more.... Let's call the tech in here, a Hardware PC's fantasy girl!
Spacecraft - touched on slightly - The Atorian fighter plane/fightercraft is available, but nothing bigger than that.
Throneworlds - each is described.
Non-Weapon Tech - in spades brother, in spades
The current clans - described and made available as Player Characters
Atorian Males - yes, they are talked about in the book... hehehehe
Giant Space monsters - none
Shadow Empress -- perhaps mentioned, perhaps not mentioned :D
gaby
Knight

Unread post by gaby »

Maybe 1 or 2 pagea of Adventures ideas,like Rivelry bewteen the clans,Problems in Empires that can make it fall,and how to setup the Atorian Empire Outside the H.U.
NMI
OLD ONE

Unread post by NMI »

gaby wrote:Maybe 1 or 2 pagea of Adventures ideas,like Rivelry bewteen the clans,Problems in Empires that can make it fall,and how to setup the Atorian Empire Outside the H.U.

Adventure ideas, plots, intrigue, espionage, future expansions
Rivalry.... in a fashion
Problems: sure
Not sure what you mean by "Outside the HU"... like what it would like in Rifts/Phase World?
gaby
Knight

Unread post by gaby »

Yes that Right,rules that put the Atorians in Phase world or Robotech.
gaby
Knight

Unread post by gaby »

So Is ther any New Info about the Atorian Empire?
taalismn
Priest

Unread post by taalismn »

gaby wrote:Yes that Right,rules that put the Atorians in Phase world or Robotech.

There's already general ideas for putting the Atorians into Phaseworld in PhaseWorld SourceBook 1, I believe, which gives you the option of presenting them as a rival empire to the TGE, or as a vassal state to them. Everything else is SDC-to-MDC conversion and your own homebrewed rulings can plug any gaps.
And there can be no specific rules for Robotech, because that is beyond Palladium's license to 'officially' crossover the two properties. 1st Ed Conversion Book used to have some specific rules/ideas for crossing Heroes Unlimited and other Palladium originals with Robotech, but the later 'NO CONVERSIONS' edict caught and nipped that from any future consideration and publication.
You can crossover Robotech and whatever you want, using YOUR OWN rules, all you want, but Palladium can't give you rules without getting HG's approval.
You're on your own there.
-------------
"Trouble rather the Tiger in his Lair,
Than the Sage among his Books,
For all the Empires and Kingdoms,
The Armies and Works that you hold Dear,
Are to him but the Playthings of the Moment,
To be turned over with the Flick of a Finger,
And the Turning of a Page"

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
NMI
OLD ONE

Unread post by NMI »

gaby wrote:So Is ther any New Info about the Atorian Empire?
New? No. Unfortunately not. come to the Open House. I am running 2 games using the material that Wayne Breaux submitted for the Atorian Empire Manuscript.

Return to “Heroes Unlimited™”