Absorb Bio-Mass and Multiple Selves

If Super Heroes/Heroines & Super Villains are your game, discuss them here.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Iczer
Prince of Powers

Re: Absorb Bio-Mass and Multiple Selves

Unread post by Iczer »

IIRC, although the source of this information eludes me, Officially it's a firm 'No', without decent clarification or extrapolation. many people would allow it, some would not. YMMV

Batts
"Sorry Drewkitty, the laws of physics were defeated by Iczer way back in like, the first ten pages of this thread." A.J. Pickett
“Iczer, you are a power generating machine.” - Mr Twist
csyphrett
Adventurer

Unread post by csyphrett »

I believe that absorb bio mass doesn't work on yourself and duplicates are considered you. I think at one point there was a big discussion about this, and the ruling on the board was as long as the duplicates actually split off from thier owner, the owner is not allowed to treat them as anything but parts of his own body.

Now if someone else duplicates, you should be able to use them for fuel easily.
CES
Severus Snape
Hero
Comment: You ought to be careful. People will think you're....up....to something.

Unread post by Severus Snape »

Tricky and creative question. But I'd have to rule against using it.

The description for Absorb Bio-Mass also indicates that you cannot absorb super beings (except the minor varieties), magical or supernatural creatures. If you create a multiple of yourself, that multiple has all of your own super powers, and would fall into the category of being a super being. So, unfortunately, no dice on this one.
Reagren Wright
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: The greatest part of the writer's time is spent in reading, in order to write: a man will turn over half a library to make one book. - Samuel Johnson, 1775

Unread post by Reagren Wright »

Rules says does not work on fellow super beings. Well even though its a duplicate of yourself, you
are still a super being so I'd say no. Although I will agree a very creative question. These are the
question that I love to debate with friends.
NMI
OLD ONE

Unread post by NMI »

I, Nimmy, agree with the two previous posts on this matter.
All in favor?
"Freedom is the recognition that no single person, no single authority or government has a monopoly on the truth, but that every individual life is infinitely precious, that every one of us put on this world has been put there for a reason and has something to offer."
Megaversal Ambassador Coordinator
My GoFund Me - Help Me Walk Again
Tor
Palladin
Comment: If you have something to say, back it up with thoughts and reasons. Simply posting to agree or disagree tends to be a waste.

Unread post by Tor »

I believe you could absorb your duplicates so long as they did not have any super-abilities.

For example, if Multiple Selves was the only super-power you had, your duplicates don't get that power, so they would not have any other abilities.

If you later gained Absorb Bio-Mass (perhaps from a higher level of experience, or a magic item) and did not re-spawn your clones then they would not have that power, so you could still absorb them.
"1st edition? 2nd edition? It doesnt matter! Let's just talk" -Forums of the Megaverse
Iczer
Prince of Powers

Unread post by Iczer »

That said, It's a minor thing really.

Neither power adds much to a character on its own. your semi-standard 2 major power mutant holds on to 30 SDC at first level. Absorbing a copy of himself is pretty much a very small, and non game breaking boost as far as the game goes, and is hardly a world class perversion of the system.

If someone presented this to me as a concept, and stated he could only absorb his own duplicates, I would consider him a little below the power curve and would start gifting some free upgrades (YMMV)

I could swing either way. It would depend on the game (power level) the player (Level of power gamery he is into) and the character (concept driven).

Batts
"Sorry Drewkitty, the laws of physics were defeated by Iczer way back in like, the first ten pages of this thread." A.J. Pickett
“Iczer, you are a power generating machine.” - Mr Twist

Return to “Heroes Unlimited™”