minion war - new power catergories

If Super Heroes/Heroines & Super Villains are your game, discuss them here.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

DBX
Hero

minion war - new power catergories

Unread post by DBX »

What are people's thoughts on the demonhunter/crusader of light power catergories in the upcoming armageddon unlimited book

IMO: pleased demonhunter career available for HU. our rp'ing group has been using our own versions of such a class for years. Looking forward to the official take on them
Kirby77
D-Bee

Re: minion war - new power catergories

Unread post by Kirby77 »

I like the "Crusader of Light" OCC, at least in consept, but is seems a bit underpowered to me, Especally where it is claimed to incorperate ellements from the Mega-Hero class.

What am I missing?
NMI
OLD ONE

Unread post by NMI »

I recall liking the Crusader of Light power category.
I liked the DemonHunter, though I think the magic circles should be made available to regular Mystic Study characters.
The Demon/Devil classes are way to over powers.. IIRC one of them can get several major super abilities.

With whole good vs evil fight going on, I would have liked to have seen some more Weapons of Order.there were plenty in the original manuscript].
"Freedom is the recognition that no single person, no single authority or government has a monopoly on the truth, but that every individual life is infinitely precious, that every one of us put on this world has been put there for a reason and has something to offer."
Megaversal Ambassador Coordinator
My GoFund Me - Help Me Walk Again
Tor
Palladin
Comment: If you have something to say, back it up with thoughts and reasons. Simply posting to agree or disagree tends to be a waste.

Unread post by Tor »

Are these really new power categories or just different stat options for existing (Mystic Bestowed/Weapons) ones?
"1st edition? 2nd edition? It doesnt matter! Let's just talk" -Forums of the Megaverse
Sir_Spirit
Invisible Pink Unicorn

Unread post by Sir_Spirit »

The demon hunter is a new class, a variation on the Mystic China ones AFAIK.
Came across as very Winchestery IMO.
The Crusader of Light is a pathetic redshirt who can be introduced to get stomped to death in the wake of the new demon/devil powers characters.
Damn ICE/BCP/BorderPatrol! Damn everyone who won’t damn ICE/BCP/Border Patrol!! Damn everyone that won’t put lights in his windows and sit up all night damning CE/BCP/BorderPatrol!!!
If you support ICE/BCP/BorderPatrol at this point, you would have called the Gestapo on the people surreptitiously moving into your neighbor's attic and huffed that you were only following the law.
Kirby77
D-Bee

Unread post by Kirby77 »

Ya, that was kind of my impression as well.
Tor
Palladin
Comment: If you have something to say, back it up with thoughts and reasons. Simply posting to agree or disagree tends to be a waste.

Unread post by Tor »

I don't know why you'd call'm redshirts, they seem about on par with the Demon/Deevil Bestowed guys.

Of course no matter how good any class in that book gets, they'd be wrecked by those hypersonic Demon Knights in Outbreak.
"1st edition? 2nd edition? It doesnt matter! Let's just talk" -Forums of the Megaverse
NMI
OLD ONE

Unread post by NMI »

The Demon Hunter is magical variation of the Hunter/Vigilante from the core HU2 book.
"Freedom is the recognition that no single person, no single authority or government has a monopoly on the truth, but that every individual life is infinitely precious, that every one of us put on this world has been put there for a reason and has something to offer."
Megaversal Ambassador Coordinator
My GoFund Me - Help Me Walk Again
Tor
Palladin

Unread post by Tor »

Also a variation on the Hardware: Weapons since they can do everything they can in the ancient category.

Return to “Heroes Unlimited™”