Tactical Operations SWAT Gear

If Super Heroes/Heroines & Super Villains are your game, discuss them here.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

NMI
OLD ONE

Tactical Operations SWAT Gear

Unread post by NMI »

This is the gear I had started to develop for one of my older/ sometimes used HU2 campaigns.
The boost in technology came from a thwarted alien invasion attempt (see Skraypers for the race behind this). A large portion of the battle took place over North America.

Tactical Operations Team Armor

Tactical Operations Body Armor
This is standard assault armor for Tactical Operation Teams.
Type: Hard Armor - Modified.
Weight: 28 lbs. (lighter then expected due to special materials (M-Flex)
Armor Rating: 15 w/o helmet; 16 with Tactical Operations Helmet (see below)
S.D.C.: 250
Armor Special Features:
  • Mini Computer/PDA in concealed compartment in left forearm. (used to view vital statistics and such).
  • 2 small compartments in both forearms (4 compartments total) 1 on each arm is loaded with a speedloader/clip containter for the operators main side arm (see below). The 2nd compartment on each arm can hold another clip for the same gun, different weapon, 2 mini grenades (see below) or anything of similar size.
  • Suit has a basic wireframe to assist in distributing the weight of the suit. This wireframe provides additional bonuses. (+1 to initiative, +1 to strike, parry and dodge, +2 to P.S., +6 to speed attribute.
  • The wireframe also provides a +1 to strike with both aimed and burst shots).
  • GPS Beacon - Used to ID wearer on H.U.D.s Display. This greatly eliminates the risk of friendly fire.
"Freedom is the recognition that no single person, no single authority or government has a monopoly on the truth, but that every individual life is infinitely precious, that every one of us put on this world has been put there for a reason and has something to offer."
Megaversal Ambassador Coordinator
My GoFund Me - Help Me Walk Again
NMI
OLD ONE

Re: Chicago 2020 Swat Gear

Unread post by NMI »

Tactical Operations Helmet
Type: Modified Assault Helmet
Weight: 4 lbs
Armor Rating: +1 when worn with the Tactical Operations Body Armor
S.D.C.: 50
Helmet Special Features:
  • H.U.D. (Heads Up Display): Displays tactical information fed by Tactical Operations Communications Command. The display can also be linked with other T.O. Officers in the field to share data. This is especially useful when one or more officers have a view on a target and another officer does not. All sensor readout information can be shared with other officers wearing the T.O. Helmet. Up to 12 officers can be linked in this manner. Bonuses when sharing sensor information: +2 to initiative, + 2 to Perception, + 15% to Detect Ambush.
  • Night Sight/Vision: Allows the user to see/operate in near darkness. There must be a source of some light for this to work. Range: 500 feet (152.4 m).
  • Thermo-Imager: An optical heat sensor. Allows its operator to see in darkness, shadows, through smoke and even through walls. Range: 500 feet (152.4 m).
  • Ultraviolet and Polarized Sight: Enables the operator to see ultraviolet light (often used in security systems). The polarized filter reduces glare by 90% and provides a +5 to save versus light based blinding attacks (blinding flash, strobe lights, etc...) Range: 500' (152.4 m).
  • Infrared Vision: Normally not used as a sight enhancement, but the user can use infrared vision to see other sources of infrared light (such as most laser scopes, security systems, etc..).
  • Laser Targeting System: Adds a bonus of +1 to strike with ranged attacks. Range: 1500 feet (457.2 m).
  • GPS Beacon - Used to ID wearer on H.U.D.s Display. This greatly eliminates the risk of friendly fire.
"Freedom is the recognition that no single person, no single authority or government has a monopoly on the truth, but that every individual life is infinitely precious, that every one of us put on this world has been put there for a reason and has something to offer."
NMI
OLD ONE

Unread post by NMI »

I'll have more up soon. Got to get to my other laptop for some of the weapon notes I have on it.
Sorry, I am not much of a fluff text type of writer. :(
NMI
OLD ONE

Unread post by NMI »

Leon Kennedy wrote:Nimmy, you're doing just fine. I'm thinking maybe we could get a sticky for new armor/weapons, much like we've got with new powers? That doable?

Done
Desert Rat
Wanderer

Unread post by Desert Rat »

If you integrated a Global Positioning System (GPS), a compass, a frequency tuned laser and a secured communications system, be it Radio Frequency (RF), cellular (GSM), or satellite, it would greatly enhance the suit. It would assist in the Command and Control (C2) tracking all suits within the Area of Operation (AO) and data transferred to each suit would allow the operators to have an Identify Friend or Foe (IFF) system which would be invaluable in a limited visibility environment. The GPS would provide additional information as to the suits exact location, to include elevation, speed, bearing, time to target. etc... (more fields located here)

The addition of a tuned laser would allow for range finding which would enhance targeting. When integrated, it takes the operators exact position from the GPS, the bearing of the laser from the compass and the distance provided by the laser and provides an exact location of the target. Depending upon the quality of the system, you could get range finding capabilities out to 10km/6 miles. In a SWAT environment, your sniper/observer (S/O) stalks in and takes position over-watching the target. He then designates his target with the laser which in turn transfers the data to the assault element approaching from a covered and concealed location. As they are in a covered and concealed location, they have no direct visual of the target, but yet a red icon pops up on their HUD giving them distance and direction to target 4. Off to the side of their HUD a projection of a small vid screen provides observation as seen by the S/O team. If you had a GPS Beacon tagged onto a target, that data could in-turn be broadcasted to the HUD.

The laser could be used for terminal guidance of munitions. In today's environment we see this predominately in the military sector. Although, with an increase in super-powers one may find the need of precision fired weapons which could remove targets capable of withstanding high levels of damage. How invulnerable is a PC/NPC to a Hellfire missile fired from a drone? He may be able to survive detonation, but the explosive force is going to "push" him, say off the top of a 100-story building.

An integrated laser could provide the operator with a laser microphone capturing frequency vibrations off of a hard surface. A S/O team moves into position outside of a structure and initiates his laser microphone targeting the window. Sound waves from inside the room are captured as they bounce off the window and transmitted back to the S/O team where they are broadcasted over the audio channel. As the PC/NPC's discuss their plan on how to elude the SWAT team moving in around them, they might have just called the SWAT C2 and told them the entire plan in person.
jaymz
Palladin
Comment: Yeah yeah yeah just give me my damn XP already :)

Unread post by jaymz »

Nice work NMI. Kiers suggestions are worthwhile to add on to teh armour system too I think....
I am very opinionated. Yes I rub people the wrong way but at the end of the day I just enjoy good hard discussion and will gladly walk away agreeing to not agree :D

Email - jlaflamme7521@hotmail.com, Facebook - Jaymz LaFlamme, Robotech.com - Icerzone

\m/
NMI
OLD ONE

Unread post by NMI »

Desert Rat wrote:If you integrated a Global Positioning System (GPS), a compass, a frequency tuned laser and a secured communications system, be it Radio Frequency (RF), cellular (GSM), or satellite, it would greatly enhance the suit. It would assist in the Command and Control (C2) tracking all suits within the Area of Operation (AO) and data transferred to each suit would allow the operators to have an Identify Friend or Foe (IFF) system which would be invaluable in a limited visibility environment. The GPS would provide additional information as to the suits exact location, to include elevation, speed, bearing, time to target. etc... (more fields located here)

The addition of a tuned laser would allow for range finding which would enhance targeting. When integrated, it takes the operators exact position from the GPS, the bearing of the laser from the compass and the distance provided by the laser and provides an exact location of the target. Depending upon the quality of the system, you could get range finding capabilities out to 10km/6 miles. In a SWAT environment, your sniper/observer (S/O) stalks in and takes position over-watching the target. He then designates his target with the laser which in turn transfers the data to the assault element approaching from a covered and concealed location. As they are in a covered and concealed location, they have no direct visual of the target, but yet a red icon pops up on their HUD giving them distance and direction to target 4. Off to the side of their HUD a projection of a small vid screen provides observation as seen by the S/O team. If you had a GPS Beacon tagged onto a target, that data could in-turn be broadcasted to the HUD.

The laser could be used for terminal guidance of munitions. In today's environment we see this predominately in the military sector. Although, with an increase in super-powers one may find the need of precision fired weapons which could remove targets capable of withstanding high levels of damage. How invulnerable is a PC/NPC to a Hellfire missile fired from a drone? He may be able to survive detonation, but the explosive force is going to "push" him, say off the top of a 100-story building.

An integrated laser could provide the operator with a laser microphone capturing frequency vibrations off of a hard surface. A S/O team moves into position outside of a structure and initiates his laser microphone targeting the window. Sound waves from inside the room are captured as they bounce off the window and transmitted back to the S/O team where they are broadcasted over the audio channel. As the PC/NPC's discuss their plan on how to elude the SWAT team moving in around them, they might have just called the SWAT C2 and told them the entire plan in person.

I like your ideas and will be implementing them.
Made some basic changes for the moment.
NMI
OLD ONE

Re: Tactical Operations SWAT Gear

Unread post by NMI »

Tactical Operations Integrated Laser System

The Tactical Operations Integrated Laser System performs many functions. Overall, it is meant as a support asset to the man in the field. T.O. operators love the I.L.S. From its ability to laze a target for smart weapons to listening in on conversations by using the I.L.S. to pick up vibrations on windows from conversations.

The I.L.S. which is typically operated by a dedicated Sniper or a "Situation Observer" consists of 3 main parts. The first is the I.L. (Integrated Laser) itself. This is basically a larger then normal top mount scope that projects the I.L. Power is provided by a small attached battery.

The second part is Computer and Communications rig that can be worn as a backpack or laid to the side as needs dictate. The C&C Rig is powered by a battery cell that can provide up to 24 hours of constant use. The C&C Rig also maintains a satellite phone similar in nature to the old SatCom Radios that the U.S. Navy Seals used.

Finally, there is the T.O. C[sup]3[/sup] (Command & Communications Center) vehicle.

The I.L.S contains a GPS suite tie in, variable purpose tuned laser, and a dedication 5G broadband communications system (cellular).

Data collected by the I.L.S. is transferred to the nearby T.O. C3 (Command & Communications Center) vehicle where it is quickly analyzed and retransmitted to T.O. team in the field. This same information can be transmitted back to T.O. HQ or anywhere in the world.

Integrated Systems include:

GPS – The GPS is tied into all of the functions of the I.L.S.

Friend or Foe Identifier – All allies within visual sweep range of the I.L.S. will have their locations marked, mapped and pin pointed on the H.U.D.’s of all operators in the area. Friends are marked in green. Foes marked in Red and unknowns are marked in yellow. A verbal or tactile command can provide information such as GPS coordinates, distance, rate of movement, elevation and time to target based on the operator’s current speed.

Laser Targeting System – The L.T.S. has two modes of operating. First, it acts as your typical laser targeting system by placing a laser mark on the intended target. Range is good for up to 8,000’. Bonus to strike is +3 on an aim strike.

The second mode is for the purpose of marking a target (whether it be a person, vehicle or structure) so that smart weaponry can hit a specific spot. Range is good for up to 8,000’ from spotter to target. Range from the “mark” to the weapon system is based on the weapon package being used.

Laser Microphone – By receiving and recording the vibrations of sound as they reflect off of a window or similar surfaces, the user of the I.L.S. can listen in on the conversations of the target he is watching. The recording can be sent to the T.O. C3 (Command & Communications Center) vehicle where the recording can be analyzed.
NMI
OLD ONE

Unread post by NMI »

updated the T.O. Integrated Laser System. More information to follow.
Reagren Wright
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: The greatest part of the writer's time is spent in reading, in order to write: a man will turn over half a library to make one book. - Samuel Johnson, 1775

Unread post by Reagren Wright »

Cool stuff NMI :ok: .
ZINO
Knight
Comment: NEVER QUIT..... I got lucky

Unread post by ZINO »

wow awsome now we need is an artist !!!
let your YES be YES and your NO be NO but plz no maybe
NMI
OLD ONE

Unread post by NMI »

I need to work on 2 suits of power armor (one light "Legion" and one heavy "Brick Breaker"), 1 transport (dual air/ground unit) and 1 aerial assault unit.
NMI
OLD ONE

Unread post by NMI »

Necomongers on the rise..

Due to Rifter #65 being so darn awesome [ICS, I am looking at you!], I have been inspired to finish the various Tactical Operations gear and perhaps write up the organization.
jaymz
Palladin
Comment: Yeah yeah yeah just give me my damn XP already :)

Unread post by jaymz »

Cool :ok:
I am very opinionated. Yes I rub people the wrong way but at the end of the day I just enjoy good hard discussion and will gladly walk away agreeing to not agree :D

Email - jlaflamme7521@hotmail.com, Facebook - Jaymz LaFlamme, Robotech.com - Icerzone

\m/
ZINO
Knight
Comment: NEVER QUIT..... I got lucky

Unread post by ZINO »

wow looking forward to see it
let your YES be YES and your NO be NO but plz no maybe
The Artist Formerly
Champion
Comment: Time Magazine's person of the year, 2006.

Unread post by The Artist Formerly »

Dude! I love these gadgets.

Advanced suits to fill the space between equalizers and regular body armor is great. You really should compile this stuff for some sort of law enforcement unlimited book. Most GMs, both within my group and just people I've meet, have to fill in the blanks for law enforcement gear. The advent of superhumans is going to have a radical effect on every government's needs in the law enforcement department.

Plus anything that drags heroes unlimited out of the 1980s would be awesome!
When I look in the dictionary and see the word Cool...I see Taffy's picture...-Shady Slug
Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power. -Abraham Lincoln
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants
Comment: "Your inferiority complex might be justified."
Location: Lurking on rooftops like a proper gargoyle should, in and around Tacoma, WA.

Unread post by Stone Gargoyle »

I hope you are posting these over the the Black Vault Wiki as well, NMI. I just noticed this thread so I haven't posted any of it over, but it should be posted theree, don't you think?
"SG, you are a limitless fountain of Butt-Saving Advice. You Rock, Stone and Concrete." ~ TrumbachD
NMI
OLD ONE

Unread post by NMI »

Go ahead and post it! Been spending 10-12 hours a day dreaming with computers for awhile now. I ain't posting these yet. that's what I have you for
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants
Comment: "Your inferiority complex might be justified."
Location: Lurking on rooftops like a proper gargoyle should, in and around Tacoma, WA.

Unread post by Stone Gargoyle »

NMI wrote:Go ahead and post it! Been spending 10-12 hours a day dreaming with computers for awhile now. I ain't posting these yet. that's what I have you for
Fine. I'll get around to it eventually.
"SG, you are a limitless fountain of Butt-Saving Advice. You Rock, Stone and Concrete." ~ TrumbachD
SpiritInterface
Hero

Unread post by SpiritInterface »

If you really want to design Tactical Operations SWAT Gear. Design a equipment vest/harness that attaches to or goes on over hard armor suits for all the gear that they need to carry.

I have also wondered are there quick releases so that medics can take the armor off quickly in an emergency, are there special access ports in environmental armors for medics to introduce meds and fluids without breaking seals?
Veni Vidi Vici
Una Salus Victis Nullam Sperare Salutem
Sic vis pacem, Para bellum
Audentes fortuna iuvat
O Tolmon Nika
Oderint Dum Metuant

Return to “Heroes Unlimited™”