Board index » SDC Worlds » Heroes Unlimited™

Post subject: We Gots The Skills
Unread postPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 10:04 am

Adventurer

Comment: "Incredible Cosmic Power! ...teeny tiny living space."
I noticed that there is no New Skills thread, so was in lack of a place to post this.

Physical Skills:

Aerobics skill: The character stays in shape through regular aerobic workouts.
Bonuses:
+2 initiative
+1 PS
+2 PP
+2 PE
+5% to Dance skill

Break Dancing: The character is able to perform headspins and other more wild forms of dance. Base Skill: 30%, +5% per level, plus 5% if Acrobatics is known, +10% if Gymnastics is known. A failed roll results in failure to execute the move, critical failure results in injury.
Prerequisite: Dance
Bonuses:
+2 to Roll with Punch/Fall/Impact
+2 PP
+2 PE
+5% to Streetwise
Awe Factor: 8 or +2 to existing Awe Factor
Character is immune to dizziness and disorientation while dancing
+10% to Dance skill

Rogue Skills:

Pole Dancing: This is a specialized skill in which the dancer learns how to hang off of and spin around a pole in various states of undress. A successful roll means they avoid falling and potential friction burns associated with this type of dancing. Base Skill: 20%, +4% per level of experience, +1% for every PP point above 17
Bonuses: +5% to Seduction and Dance skills

Crossdressing: This is a specialized skill in which a member of one gender makes him/herself appear to be a member of the opposite gender. Base skill:20%, +5% per level. A failed roll means they are not fooling anyone. Adds +5% to Disguise and Cosmetology skills.

Last edited by Gryphon Chick on Tue Sep 01, 2009 7:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: We Gots The Skills
Unread postPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 11:20 am

Adventurer

Comment: Don't blink!
Dont Even Blink, Blink and you're Dead!
Gryphon Chick wrote:
I noticed that there is no New Skills thread, so was in lack of a place to post this.

Physical Skills:

Aerobics skill: The character stays in shape through regular aerobic workouts.
Bonuses:
+2 initiative
+1 PS
+2 PP
+2 PE
+5% to Dance skill

Break Dancing: The character is able to perform headspins and other more wild forms of dance. Base Skill: 30%, +5% per level, plus 5% if Acrobatics is known, +10% if Gymnastics is known. A failed roll results in failure to execute the move, critical failure results in injury.
Bonuses:
+2 PP
+2 PE
+5% to Streetwise
Awe Factor: 8 or +2 to existing Awe Factor
Character is immune to dizziness and disorientation while dancing
+10% to Dance skill

Rogue Skills:

Pole Dancing: This is a specialized skill in which the dancer learns how to hang off of and spin around a pole in various states of undress. A successful roll means they avoid falling and potential friction burns associated with this type of dancing. Base Skill: 20%, +4% per level of experience, +1% for every PP point above 17
Bonuses: +5% to Seduction and Dance skills

Crossdressing: This is a specialized skill in which a member of one gender makes him/herself appear to be a member of the opposite gender. Base skill:20%, +5% per level. A failed roll means they are not fooling anyone. Adds +5% to Disguise and Cosmetology skills.
Requirements: Disguise and Impersonation

Thanks for starting this thread gryphon chick!
and that's a very clever title for it too, LOL
I started another thread regarding the fact that PF has skills for the Medieval Era and HU has Skills for the 20th century. But I'm not aware of any game covering the Not-Inconsiderable interval between those two periods. :x
Wich seems a bit odd for a Megaversal system, some of whose worlds and cultures would undoubtedly make use of such skills.
Curiously that thread has gone nowhere fast. :badbad:
Edit: I seem to have pretty spotty luck starting threads, maybe if I had thought up some more clever titles I'd have had better luck, I'll have to work on that.

Last edited by TrumbachD on Tue Sep 01, 2009 1:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Unread postPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 1:04 pm

Hero

I think I would move or at least duplicate the pole dancing skill in the physical or domestic category as it's becoming an increasingly popular form of exercise. I might also remove the dance skill requirement.

Someone who tells you what to think is trying to control you. Someone who teaches you how to think is trying to free you.

WWVLD?

Unread postPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 1:24 pm

Virtuoso of Variants

Location: Lurking on rooftops like a proper gargoyle should, in and around Tacoma, WA.
Comment: "Your inferiority complex might be justified."
I don't think the crossdressing skill really needs the disguise skill as a requirement either.

Unread postPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 7:36 pm

Adventurer

Fine, I edited them.

Technical Skills:

Bookkeeping: This entails keeping financial records and auditing books. Base skill: 30%, plus 5% per level. Requires Basic Math and Literacy.

Political Science and Statistics: Basic knowledge of national events and statistical data related to population distribution, land use, economic trends and social reform. This teaches one to anticipate changes in the political climate and find ways to combat types of changes one is opposed to. Base skill: 35%, plus 5% per level. Requires Basic Math and Literacy.

Stock Market: This allows one to wager money on the stock market and guess what stocks will succeed and which ones will fail. Base skill: 20%, plus 4% per level. Requires Literacy and Basic Math; +10% if Business and Finance is also known.

Unread postPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 8:04 pm

Hero

Comment: I've got ideas about almost everything. Got a question? Ask.
nice...

Unread postPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 8:22 pm

Virtuoso of Variants

Location: Lurking on rooftops like a proper gargoyle should, in and around Tacoma, WA.
Technical/Legal Skills:

These all require Law (General), Basic Math and Literacy

Law: Accident and Injury: Study of law pertaining to parties injured and entering into lawsuits against private individuals, businesses and corporations. Base skill: 25%, plus 5% per level,plus 5% if Business and Finance is also known.

Law: Civil Code of Conduct: Law pertaining to domestic and civil behavior in residential and highly populated areas. Base skill: 25%, plus 5% per level. Adds 5% to Law (General).

Law: Property and Estates: Laws relating to Escrow and deeds whenever property and land is in the process of being transferred. Base skill: 25%, plus 5% per level.

Law: Traffic Codes and Regulations: The study of law as it relates to city streets and the movement of motor vehicles, including municipal codes related to transportation. Base skill: 25%, plus 5% per level. Adds +5% to Law (General).

Law: Wills and Probate: This pertains to the transfer of good and property, including financial assets and estates,of deceased and legally dead individuals. Base skill: 25%, plus 5% per level, plus 5% if Law: Property and Estates is also known. Adds +5% to Law (General) and Business and Finance.

Legal Interpretation: The study of law for the purpose of trying to make the laws fit a given situation so they will work in one's favor. Base skill: 8%, +2% per level.

Unread postPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 8:25 pm

Hero

finally some lawyer skills...

Unread postPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 8:32 pm

Virtuoso of Variants

At one time I had wanted to create a lawyer and realized that the game had nothing that allowed me to do it. I should have them organized as skill programs somewhere and hope to get those up as well.

Unread postPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 8:35 pm

Hero

cool.

Unread postPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 9:32 pm

Champion

Comment: Hey, relaaaax. Pretend it's a game. Maybe it'll even be fun
Shoot the tubes, Dogmeat!
*Communication Skill

Marketing: The marketing skill represents a character ability to sell an idea, to the public for mass consumption. The character understands all the major marketing principles for personal addresses, groud roots movements, Television & Radio broadcasts, and internet marketing. The skill has two percentages the first is to identify the target audience and method to reach them. The second represents the ability to succesfully reach the audiance. 50/35% per level of experience.

*You know I wouldn't mind seeing all Communication skills absorbed into the technical catagory*

Unread postPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 9:45 pm

Virtuoso of Variants

I have an idea for a more advanced weightlifting skill but not sure if it makes sense. Let me know what you think.

Advanced Weight Lifting: This skill is for the Mr.Universe types and major bodybuilders. It focuses more on weightlifting for competition than health. The character can attempt to lift twice his normal lifting limit in pounds once per hour, with a 20% chance, plus 4% per level, of successfully lifting an object. Failure will mean he cannot lift it; critical failure will result in a torn muscle or tendon.
Prerequisite: Bodybuilding and Weight Lifting skill.
Bonuses and Penalties:
+2 PS per level
+2 PE per level
+2 PB for men, -2 PB for women
-2 PP
-2 Spd
+2 Pull Punch
+2 Roll With Impact
+1d4 SDC per level

Last edited by Stone Gargoyle on Tue Sep 01, 2009 10:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Unread postPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 9:52 pm

OLD ONE

Comment: PROUDLY Not a member of the "Cabal of 24"
Physical Skills Redux

Education Table and Skill Programs, Redux (Improved upon previous versions!)

"Freedom is the recognition that no single person, no single authority or government has a monopoly on the truth, but that every individual life is infinitely precious, that every one of us put on this world has been put there for a reason and has something to offer."
Megaversal Ambassador Coordinator
Palladium Books 2015 Robotech RPG Tactics Tournament Rules

Unread postPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 10:27 pm

Hero

sg, what's with the PP and SPD penalties? care to explain? also, +2 per level seems a bit extreme... i do like the idea though.

Unread postPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 10:43 pm

Virtuoso of Variants

gmapprentice wrote:
sg, what's with the PP and SPD penalties? care to explain? also, +2 per level seems a bit extreme... i do like the idea though.

His muscles are so big they interfere with range and motion of movement, hence the penalties. The +2 per level reflects that he is continuously becoming stronger.

Unread postPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 10:52 pm

Virtuoso of Variants

Surfing: The character can balance on a board in the water to ride large waves.
Bonuses:
Sense of Balance: 50%, +3% per level
+2 to roll with punch, fall or impact
+30% base swimming ability or adds +5% to the swimming skill
+1 PS
+1 PP
+1 PE
+2d4 SDC

Unread postPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 1:33 am

Adventurer

Keep them coming. I am liking all these new skills.

Unread postPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 3:31 am

Knight

Location: Throne Room, Mephisto's Palace, 1 Mephisto Way, Dyval 736282. Now visiting Prince Albert, SK.
Stone Gargoyle wrote:
I have an idea for a more advanced weightlifting skill but not sure if it makes sense. Let me know what you think.

Advanced Weight Lifting: This skill is for the Mr.Universe types and major bodybuilders. It focuses more on weightlifting for competition than health. The character can attempt to lift twice his normal lifting limit in pounds once per hour, with a 20% chance, plus 4% per level, of successfully lifting an object. Failure will mean he cannot lift it; critical failure will result in a torn muscle or tendon.
Bonuses and Penalties:
+2 PS per level
+2 PE per level
-2 PP
-2 Spd
+2 Pull Punch
+2 Roll With Impact
+1d4 SDC per level

Honestly I don't really care for it. But rather than just say that, I'll do you better and make a counter-proposal:

Strongman (Physical Skill)
Note: must be part of a physical skill program (can not be a secondary skill) that also includes Body Building and Weight Lifting

This character focuses on developing strength and endurance in physically demanding exercises, such as moving buses or vans, lifting large heavy balls, chopping enormous amounts of wood and similar feats designed to provide extra strength to the characters body. Not only is the character extra strong, but the character can perform impressive Feats of Strength, such as pulling open a car door, tossing a motorcycle, holding onto a heavy object while holding onto the side of a building, and similar. The GM can decide the difficulty of the task, and determine a rating: 1-4 for easy tasks, 5-8 for medium, 9-12 for difficult, 13-18 for very hard and 19+ for incredibly difficult tasks. Feats of Strength bonuses are separate from Damage and lifting values to take into account other possible situational modifiers, such as the rolling effect of the motorcycle as he or she tries to lift it, the noise and wind of a helicopter as the character struggles to hold onto the side of the building, etc.
Other Bonuses and Effects:
+1D4+4 P.S. at level one, +1 at levels 3, 6, 9, and 12.
+2 P.E. at level one, +1 at levels 5, 10 and 15.
+1D6 S.D.C. every level, starting at level one.
+1D4 Hit Points at level one.
+6 for Feats of Strength, +2 at levels 2, 4, 6, 8, 10, 12, and 14.

Unread postPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 10:07 am

Adventurer

Mephisto wrote:
Stone Gargoyle wrote:

Bonuses and Penalties:
+2 PS per level
+2 PE per level
-2 PP
-2 Spd
+2 Pull Punch
+2 Roll With Impact
+1d4 SDC per level

Honestly I don't really care for it. But rather than just say that, I'll do you better and make a counter-proposal:

Note: must be part of a physical skill program (can not be a secondary skill) that also includes Body Building and Weight Lifting

This character focuses on developing strength and endurance in physically demanding exercises, such as moving buses or vans, lifting large heavy balls, chopping enormous amounts of wood and similar feats designed to provide extra strength to the characters body. Not only is the character extra strong, but the character can perform impressive Feats of Strength, such as pulling open a car door, tossing a motorcycle, holding onto a heavy object while holding onto the side of a building, and similar. The GM can decide the difficulty of the task, and determine a rating: 1-4 for easy tasks, 5-8 for medium, 9-12 for difficult, 13-18 for very hard and 19+ for incredibly difficult tasks. Feats of Strength bonuses are separate from Damage and lifting values to take into account other possible situational modifiers, such as the rolling effect of the motorcycle as he or she tries to lift it, the noise and wind of a helicopter as the character struggles to hold onto the side of the building, etc.

I think both are equally valid skills. I must say Mephisto's is better, though.

Unread postPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 11:04 am

Virtuoso of Variants

Mephisto wrote:
Stone Gargoyle wrote:

Bonuses and Penalties:
+2 PS per level
+2 PE per level
-2 PP
-2 Spd
+2 Pull Punch
+2 Roll With Impact
+1d4 SDC per level

Interesting, but part of my idea was to work in penalties due to the added muscle as well.

Unread postPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 11:16 am

Virtuoso of Variants

Now for some more Lawyer skills:

Technical/Legal

Court Etiquette: This involves the proper behavior inside a courtroom and when dealing with judges. Base skill: 40%, +5% per level.

Law: Corporate: This involves the legalities involved in creating a corporation and tax breaks and funding acquisition, as well as laws related to company stock trading. Base Skill: 35%, +5% per level. Requires Business and Finance.

Law: Tax: This allows the lawyer to find loopholes in the tax system and find tax breaks for clients, as well as the legal ramifications of debt to tax collection agencies and the I.R.S. Base Skill: 35%, +5% per level, plus 5% if Business and finance are known. Adds +5% to Law: Properties and Estates, Law: Wills and Probate and Law: Corporate.

Unread postPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 11:25 am

Adventurer

Stone Gargoyle wrote:
Mephisto wrote:
Stone Gargoyle wrote:

Bonuses and Penalties:
+2 PS per level
+2 PE per level
-2 PP
-2 Spd
+2 Pull Punch
+2 Roll With Impact
+1d4 SDC per level

Interesting, but part of my idea was to work in penalties due to the added muscle as well.

Good point. I remember some celebrity comic did a routine some years ago about weightlifters who got too large to wipe their own backsides. Although that may be an exaggeration, the point remains valid.

Unread postPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 3:49 pm

Hero

question.. which of the new skills can be selected as secondary skills?

Unread postPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 4:27 pm

Virtuoso of Variants

Certain skills will be limited by education level, so none of the law skills, political science, stock market, marketing or bookkeeping would be able to be taken as secondaries. The advanced weightlifting would not be available as a secondary, either. I can see Cross-Dressing, Aerobics, Surfing, Pole Dancing and Breakdancing all available as secondaries.

Unread postPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 4:33 pm

Hero

alright then. thanks again, sg.

Unread postPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 6:51 pm

Adventurer

Stone Gargoyle wrote:
Certain skills will be limited by education level, so none of the law skills, political science, stock market, marketing or bookkeeping would be able to be taken as secondaries. The advanced weightlifting would not be available as a secondary, either. I can see Cross-Dressing, Aerobics, Surfing, Pole Dancing and Breakdancing all available as secondaries.

That sounds about right.

Physical Skills:

Ballet: The character has been trained in balance and poise, as well as maintaining balance and leaping. Base Skill: 30%, +5% per level. Must be taken as part of a physical skill program, cannot be taken as a secondary.
Bonuses:
+4/20% to maintain balance/sense of balance
+5% to prowl
30% base dance ability (does not increase) or adds +5% to dance ability
Adds 2 feet to leaping distance
+1 PP
+1 PE
+1d4 PB
+1 Spd

Last edited by Gryphon Chick on Thu Sep 03, 2009 10:27 am, edited 2 times in total.

Unread postPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 6:56 pm

Hero

why is Ballet so different from regular dancing? and what about that other dance skill?

Unread postPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 7:04 pm

Adventurer

gmapprentice wrote:
why is Ballet so different from regular dancing? and what about that other dance skill?

Regular dancing does not involve leaping high in the air or lifting your leg over your head. You have to go to school to learn ballet and it is very physically challenging. It does not require regular dancing to begin learning but you learn rhythm, which is why the dance skill is one of its bonuses. Regular dancing is mainly footwork, arm movement and turns. I took beginner ballet when I was little.

Unread postPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 7:05 pm

Hero

and of course, as a guy, i didn't. thanks for explaining.

to be honest i hate dancing. i just like to know as much as i can.

Unread postPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 7:40 pm

Virtuoso of Variants

gmapprentice wrote:

Dude, that is extremely sexist.

gmapprentice wrote:

Remember what I said about there being a difference between being negative and being a jerk? You are coming close to crossing the line again.

Unread postPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 8:19 pm

Hero

my apologies. i AM sorry, really. when i get mad (i am having a very bad day, please don't ask why) i stop caring about anything. were it not for the fact that i don't want to swear all the time, i'd say "no offense, but (four letters) you" and call it a day. i'll try to be more cooperative with everyone tomorrow. for now i truly can't give a da**, no offense to anyone.
i hate myself, even moreso when i act like this.

Unread postPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 8:24 pm

Hero

hi all this skills come from a campaign i ran some time ago, feel free to expand or critique.
scam: the ability to set up, or put into motion ideas that have no real merit or usually only net a few money. I. E. ponzy schemes, real estate, and market share. 25% +4% per lvl.
bonuses
+1 to iq( got to be quick on feet)
+1 to me( need to know when some one is trying to scam you)
+2 to perception when dealing with "customers"
+1D4 to speed (for when a scam goes wrong)

body language: this specific skill makes one an expert on reading body language and using it to make judgement calls. I.E. profiler.
some body language is universal a wave, a certian finger in the air.
base skill 25% +4% per lvl.
perception rolls
+5 for reading own culture
foreign culture+1 to -3
trying to get accurate reading in stressful situation +1 to -2 (combat, time constraint etc.)
accurate reading on someone with mental condition -1 to -3 (bi-polar, scitso, multiple personalaties.)
asses some one who is insane-2 to -4
asses insane genius -3 to -6
psychology skill +1
sociology skill +1

let me know what you think.

Unread postPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 8:35 pm

Virtuoso of Variants

BARQ wrote:
hi all this skills come from a campaign i ran some time ago, feel free to expand or critique.
scam: the ability to set up, or put into motion ideas that have no real merit or usually only net a few money. I. E. ponzy schemes, real estate, and market share. 25% +4% per lvl.
bonuses
+1 to iq( got to be quick on feet)
+1 to me( need to know when some one is trying to scam you)
+2 to perception when dealing with "customers"
+1D4 to speed (for when a scam goes wrong)

body language: this specific skill makes one an expert on reading body language and using it to make judgement calls. I.E. profiler.
some body language is universal a wave, a certian finger in the air.
base skill 25% +4% per lvl.
perception rolls
+5 for reading own culture
foreign culture+1 to -3
trying to get accurate reading in stressful situation +1 to -2 (combat, time constraint etc.)
accurate reading on someone with mental condition -1 to -3 (bi-polar, scitso, multiple personalaties.)
asses some one who is insane-2 to -4
asses insane genius -3 to -6
psychology skill +1
sociology skill +1

let me know what you think.

Sociology and Psychology are actual skills separate from perception. A +1 would be the equivalent of +5% to those skills.

Unread postPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 11:27 pm

Adventurer

gmapprentice wrote:

For your information,some of the best ballet dancers have been men because their legs are stronger generally. It is harder for them to learn the stretches due to the difference in attachments to the groin muscle between men and women. But your parents didn't have you learn ballet because you are right, it is a sterotype that women are more suited to ballet, or maybe it was because you showed no talent.

gmapprentice wrote:

I have never heard you really say you like anything, so that is hardly surprising. You know, with you having such a closed mind, I am surprised you can learn anything.

Unread postPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2009 4:00 am

Knight

Location: Throne Room, Mephisto's Palace, 1 Mephisto Way, Dyval 736282. Now visiting Prince Albert, SK.
Gryphon Chick wrote:
Stone Gargoyle wrote:

That sounds about right.

Physical Skills:

Ballet: The character has been trained in balance and poise, as well as maintaining balance and leaping. Base Skill: 30%, +5% per level. Must be taken as part of a physical skill program, cannot be taken as a secondary.
Bonuses:
+5% to prowl
+2 PE
+1d4 PB

I'm curious as to why it gets a prowl bonus? Everything else seems pretty spot on. I'd personally drop the P.E. bonus to +1 and add +1 to P.P. and +1 to Spd., but that is just me (I've seen some ballerinas cover a lot of ground very quickly, hence the P.P. and Spd. bonuses).

Unread postPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2009 10:25 am

Adventurer

Mephisto wrote:
Gryphon Chick wrote:
Stone Gargoyle wrote:

That sounds about right.

Physical Skills:

Bonuses:
+5% to prowl
+2 PE
+1d4 PB

I'm curious as to why it gets a prowl bonus? Everything else seems pretty spot on. I'd personally drop the P.E. bonus to +1 and add +1 to P.P. and +1 to Spd., but that is just me (I've seen some ballerinas cover a lot of ground very quickly, hence the P.P. and Spd. bonuses).

Ballerinas are taught to walk on their toes and make less noise. You are probably right about the rest, I will adjust them.

Unread postPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2009 10:48 am

Adventurer

Physical Skills:

Synchronized Swimming: This skill focuses on combining dance with swimming, though dance is not a requirement to learn it, swimming is, however. Base Skill: 30%, plus 5% per level, adds +5% to swimming.
Prerequisite: Swimming
Bonuses:
+1 initiative when working in a group
+2 perception (for timing)

Line Dancing (can also be a domestic skill): This type of dancing focuses on moving with others as a group in a line and synchronizing movement. Base Skill: 30%, plus 5% per level, adds +5% to dance skill.
Bonuses:
+1 initiative

Contra Dancing: This type of dancing involves a lot of spinning and switching partners. Base Skill: 30%, plus 5% per level, adds +10% to dance skill if also taken.
Bonuses:
+ 2/+10% to maintain balance/sense of balance
+2 to save vs.dizziness and disorientation

Jazz Dance: This is an advanced form of dance involving spinning one's partner, kicking and lifting. Base Skill: 30%, plus 5% per level
Bonuses:
Gains Automatic Kick 1d6
+1/5% to maintain balance/sense of balance
+1 PS
+1 PP
+1 PE
+1 Spd

Unread postPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2009 11:22 am

Virtuoso of Variants

Nice. I've done contra dancing and it is very easy to get disoriented when you first do it, so I like the save vs. dizziness/disorientation.

Unread postPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2009 12:58 pm

Virtuoso of Variants

Science Skills:
All these must be taken as part of an educational skill program unless otherwise noted.

Cryptozoology: The ability to identify rare, extinct, and otherwise unknown creatures and animals. Requires Biology and Zoology. Base Skill: 25%, +5% per level.

Egyptology: Adds +10% to the Anthropology and Archaeology rolls related to ancient Egypt. Denotes specialization (all other skill checks using Anthropology and Archaeology are -5%)

Paleantology: This is the study of fossilized remains, involving the conducting of digs and excavations, as well as dinosaurs and other extinct species of animals. Requires Anthropology and Zoology. Base Skill: 25%, +5% per level, plus 10% if Cryptozoology is also taken.

Paleobotany: This is the study of extinct plants based on fossilized remains. Requires Anthropology and Botany (adds +5%). Base Skill: 20%, +5% per level

Pyramidology: Specialized study of pyramids around the world, including ziggurats and step pyramids. Denotes specialization. Adds +10% to Archaeology rolls related to pyramids, +5% if Egyptology is also taken. Requires Advanced Math.

Ufology: The study of UFOs and crop circles, as well as other phenomena related to possible extra-terrestrial visitation, abductions, etc. Adds +5% to all Research rolls made regarding aliens. Base Skill: 20%, +5% per level. May be taken as a secondary skill.

Zoology: This is the study of different animal types by type, species and breed. The person who studies this will know the diet, breeding habits, hibernation, growth rate and migratory pattern of different animals. Base Skill: Base Skill: 25%, plus 5% per level.

Last edited by Stone Gargoyle on Thu Sep 03, 2009 2:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Unread postPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2009 1:49 pm

Adventurer

Stone Gargoyle wrote:
Science Skills:
All these must be taken as part of an educational skill program unless otherwise noted.

Cryptozoology: The ability to identify rare, extinct, and otherwise unknown creatures and animals. Requires Biology and Zoology. Base Skill: 25%, +5% per level.

Egyptology: Adds +10% to the Anthropology and Archaeology rolls related to ancient Egypt. Denotes specialization (all other skill checks using Anthropology and Archaeology are -5%)

Paleantology: This is the study of fossilized remains, involving the conducting of digs and excavations, as well as dinosaurs and other extinct species of animals. Requires Anthropology and Zoology. Base Skill: 25%, +5% per level, plus 10% if Cryptozoology is also taken.

Paleobotany: This is the study of extinct plants based on fossilized remains. Requires Anthropology and Botany (adds +5%). Base Skill: 20%, +5% per level

Pyramidology: Specialized study of pyramids around the world, including ziggurats and step pyramids. Denotes specialization. Adds +10% to Archaeology rolls related to pyramids, +5% if Egyptology is also taken. Requires Advanced Math.

Ufology: The study of UFOs and crop circles, as well as other phenomena related to possible extra-terrestrial visitation, abductions, etc. Adds +5% to all Research rolls made regarding aliens. Base Skill: 20%, +5% per level. May be taken as a secondary skill.

Zoology: This is the study of different animal types by type, species and breed. The person who studies this will know the diet, breeding habits, hibernation, growth rate and migratory pattern of different animals. Base Skill: Base Skill: 25%, plus 5% per level.

Love the Egyptology and Pyramidology Specializations. I like the Idea of making specilizations on existing skill, very cool 8)

Unread postPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2009 2:19 pm

Virtuoso of Variants

TrumbachD wrote:
Stone Gargoyle wrote:
Science Skills:

Love the Egyptology and Pyramidology Specializations. I like the Idea of making specilizations on existing skill, very cool 8)

It just seemed more realistic than making them entirely separate skills. I am glad you like them.

Unread postPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2009 2:21 pm

Hero

i know i have no right to comment here after what i said yesterday, but, good job on the new skills.

Unread postPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2009 2:32 pm

Virtuoso of Variants

gmapprentice wrote:
i know i have no right to comment here after what i said yesterday, but, good job on the new skills.

No one has a problem with you commenting, just try to be a little nicer about it.

Unread postPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2009 2:39 pm

Hero

i'm trying...

Unread postPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2009 2:41 pm

Adventurer

gmapprentice wrote:

I was a little upset by your comments yesterday, but please don't take that to mean you are not welcome to comment at all.

Unread postPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2009 6:42 pm

Virtuoso of Variants

Gryphon Chick wrote:
gmapprentice wrote:

I was a little upset by your comments yesterday, but please don't take that to mean you are not welcome to comment at all.

Right! And feel free to post ideas for skills. These things don't write themselves, you know.

Unread postPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2009 8:30 pm

Hero

well, here's a thought..

astrophysics is a skill... why not regular physics? or geology, geography, and meteorology? been a while since i actually DID any of that in school, but still....

Unread postPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2009 9:07 pm

Adventurer

gmapprentice wrote:
well, here's a thought..

astrophysics is a skill... why not regular physics? or geology, geography, and meteorology? been a while since i actually DID any of that in school, but still....

Palladium already has a physics skill and geology skill in canon (I have all the Palladium skills saved in a file on my computer). Geography and meteorology don't seem to have been covered yet, though.

Unread postPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2009 10:03 pm

Virtuoso of Variants

Gryphon Chick wrote:
gmapprentice wrote:
well, here's a thought..

Palladium already has a physics skill and geology skill in canon (I have all the Palladium skills saved in a file on my computer). Geography and meteorology don't seem to have been covered yet, though.

Science Skills
These must be taken as part of a science program and cannot be taken as secondary skills. All require Basic Math and Literacy.

Cartography: This is the study and practice of making geographical maps. Requires Art: Drawing and Physical Geography. Base Skill: 30%, +5% per level.

Geography: This is the study of the Earth and its features, inhabitants and phenomena. This includes man's relationship to the earth, global changes, and natural disasters. There are two types, human geography and physical geography, so the exact type must be selected when the skill is taken, though it can be taken again to get a full education in the wonders of geography.
Human Geography: This focuses on geographical impacts on populations. Base Skill: 30%, +5 % per level, +5% if Anthropology is also known, +10% if Political Science and statistics are known.
Physical Geography: This is a study of natural disasters and effects on climate and nature. Base Skill: 30%, +5% per level, +5% Cartography is known, +10% if Meterorology is known.

Meteorology: This is the study of atmospheric conditions as they pertain to weather processes and forecasting. Base Skill: 20%, +4% per level

Unread postPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2009 10:30 pm

Hero

in response to gc... where are the geology and physics skills? i don't have any books older than the After the Bomb sourcebooks (Road Hogs, Mutants Down Under...) and the skills aren't in there.