The All-Singing All-Dancing Morphus Table!

For the discussion of Nightbane™ and its supplements.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

BillionSix
Dungeon Crawler
Comment: All I need is a warm bed, a kind word, and unlimited power.

The All-Singing All-Dancing Morphus Table!

Unread post by BillionSix »

I'll start...

Roll d100:

01% Shoe: The Nightbane is a giant shoe that travels by hopping. It can manipulate objects with its shoelaces. 1-25%: Sneaker. +2d6 SDC. 26-50%: Stiletto. +1d6 SDC. Spike heel does +2d6 SDC damage. 51-75%: Steel toed boot. +3d6 SDC. 76-100%: Sandal. +2 Dex.

02% Ear of corn: The Nightbane is an ear of corn. It cannot move on it's own or manipulate objects, and must be carried around by friends, though it can use most talents.

03% Ridiculous mustache: The Nightbane has a ridiculous curled mustache that he can twirl menacingly. The Nightbane can extend the mustache to grab or move light objects, though not well enough to use as a weapon.

Any more?

Brian
All I need is a warm bed, a kind word and unlimited power.
Jefffar
Supreme Being
Comment: Being a moderator doesn't mean I speak for Palladium Books. It just makes me the lifeguard at their pool.

Unread post by Jefffar »

04% Cream Pie. Nightbane becomes an enourmous cream pie that levitates and floats along at normal speed. Has special raming attack that does damage to the target and the Nightbane equal to the Nightbane's total remaining HP and SDC. Nightbane must then regenerate to full hitpoints before taking any other action.
Official Hero of the Megaverse

Dead Boy wrote:All hail Jefffar... King of the Mods

Co-Holder with Ice Dragon of the "Lando Calrissian" award for Smooth. - Novastar

Palladium Forums of the Megaverse Rules

If you need to contact Palladium Books for any reason, click here.
Nekira Sudacne
Monk
Comment: The Munchkin Fairy

Unread post by Nekira Sudacne »

This Reminds me of the Willy Wonka is a Nightlord game plot :lol:
Sometimes, you're like a beacon of light in the darkness, giving me some hope for humankind. ~ Killer Cyborg

You can have something done good, fast and cheap. If you want it done good and fast, it's not going to be cheap. If you want it done fast and cheap it won't be good. If you want something done good and cheap it won't be done fast. ~ Dark Brandon
Prince Cherico
Hero
Comment: Remember also that the smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights, cannot claim to be defenders of minorities
Ayn Rand

Unread post by Prince Cherico »

Nekira Sudacne wrote:This Reminds me of the Willy Wonka is a Nightlord game plot :lol:

We lost 5 of our best men to him :(
Svartalf- if Cherico were a character created in a point game system, he'd have all his scores in geeky skills and his youtube and weird net stuff schticks all paid through a a Terminal Bad Luck (with more nasty GM intervention) disadvantage, and probably an Uncouth (can not have social skills) disad as well...
In an RPG with deadly situations that character would have had to be replaced a dozen times over[
Mike Taylor

Unread post by Mike Taylor »

05% A Giant Booger: The Nightbane resembles an amorphous mass of dried mucus, dirt, nosehairs, and dried blood.
Prince Cherico
Hero
Comment: Remember also that the smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights, cannot claim to be defenders of minorities
Ayn Rand

Unread post by Prince Cherico »

08% background music the charaters body plays background music
that changes with the emoitional state and situations the charaters in
Svartalf- if Cherico were a character created in a point game system, he'd have all his scores in geeky skills and his youtube and weird net stuff schticks all paid through a a Terminal Bad Luck (with more nasty GM intervention) disadvantage, and probably an Uncouth (can not have social skills) disad as well...
In an RPG with deadly situations that character would have had to be replaced a dozen times over[
abe
Hero

Unread post by abe »

10% fireman
you look like a staritipical fireman & can fire a line of water for 2 ppe at a time!
abe
Hero

Unread post by abe »

12%jetson
you look like one of the jetsons,not sure what powers you would get though.
Stormseed
Explorer

Unread post by Stormseed »

Nerdbane wrote:06% Origami:

I first read that as something else entirely. I think we know where my mind is. *sigh*
Jefffar
Supreme Being
Comment: Being a moderator doesn't mean I speak for Palladium Books. It just makes me the lifeguard at their pool.

Unread post by Jefffar »

Akira_Mainframe wrote:13% Turn into Shrubbery: You turn into plants and control plants, plantspeak and mud balls. :lol:

Neat!

Co-Holder with Ice Dragon of the "Lando Calrissian" award for Smooth. - Novastar

Reddenedone
Adventurer

Unread post by Reddenedone »

15% Eternal Whoopie Cushion: Whenever the character leans against anything, sits, lays, or falls down, they make very rude noises indeed.
abe
Hero

Unread post by abe »

16%visible man your body(insides,i.e.bones & organs are excempt)are invisible +3 to horror factor,not sure what else this form would give you though.
BillionSix
Dungeon Crawler

17% Form of..... KORN!!!

"That didn't help at all!"

"We know. It's just cool to do."

Brian
abe
Hero

Unread post by abe »

18%poo!(of the winnie sub-veriaty)
9voltkilowatt
Adventurer

Unread post by 9voltkilowatt »

19%: Mob rules! You turn into a pack of 3D4 japanese school girls with the power to attract tentacle demons!
Mike Taylor

Unread post by Mike Taylor »

21% SHAVE THE WOOKIEE!!! You transform into LJ. This gives you a +1 to strike communist zombies (both ranged and HTH) and a +10% to all skill rolls involving operation of video equipment. Unfortunately, you are incredibly hairy from the waist down and tend to yell "Wolverines!" at odd moments. +2D6 to S.D.C. (the hair is quite thick) and +3 to Horror Factor because people think you're weird. :P :P
Ziggurat the Eternal
Hero

Unread post by Ziggurat the Eternal »

TheKingInYellow wrote:14%: A Herring

a "red herring" would be a better choice.
abe
Hero

Re: The All-Singing All-Dancing Morphus Table!

Unread post by abe »

23%a shnookie
you look like the stupedest thing possible to EVERYBODY( if they honestly don't think anything is stupid then they litteraly don't see anything,even if they can see the invisible)
Neo
Explorer
Comment: God I feel old.

Unread post by Neo »

24% Muppet - The character turns into a 3ft felt caricature of himself 01-50% voice is highpitched/cartoonish, at GMs discretion the character can roll 1D4 on any of the previous morphus tables.
What the Bloody Hell are you freaks all talking about
-- Rayven

The line I was referring to was the "If I step over this line I officially become so stupid that I no longer have a right to live" line
-- Shaded Helios

mmmm, time to make the chocolate chili. Yup! I prefected it
-- Sara The TG
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Unread post by drewkitty ~..~ »

26% Tap Dancing shoes: every step you take there is a tap no matter what you are walking on and no matter how lightly you put your foot down. +1d6 to kick attacks.
May you be blessed with the ability to change course when you are off the mark.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
Reading and writing (literacy) is how people on BBS interact.
BookWyrm
Champion
Comment: Mondos non cogitarus, Consilium!

Unread post by BookWyrm »

27%: every time the character says "I don't know", he/she is suddenly flung upwards (with a corresponding deep-base sounding "PTWAAAAANNNGGG!") about 20ft + 1 ft per XP level and horizontally 20ft +1 ft per XP level, with the necessary force and speed to do so, despite the Morphus' weight restrictions. The character suffers no significant damage upon landing, just some minor embarrassment. If done indoors, the character impacts any obstruction (walls, ceiling, ect.) normally; hindrances such as lighting fixtures, glass windows or partitions break normally. Direction of the 'launching' is typically in the reverse of the direction the character is facing.
No questions about colors, the current 'quest' or the air-speed velocity of an unlaiden African nor European swallow is necessary.
"Yes, I know I'm going to hell; I'm bringing marshmallows."
BookWyrm aka The Horn'd One
Str-8 male Dom/Top;
Honourable but not gullible;
a Hero of the Megaverse. :D
Jefffar
Supreme Being

Unread post by Jefffar »

28% Every time the character says "I don't know" a sudden deluge of green slime falls on the character and the immediate surroundings. Thsi deluge adds +1 to the characters Horror Factor and does not hinder them in any way other than leaving an obvious trace to where they have been and a trail of limy footprints which makes them easier to track. While coated in the slime (it can be washed off with water or allowed to dry into green gunk) the character is +4 on all attempts to escape a grappling proponent.

Tor
Palladin
Comment: If you have something to say, back it up with thoughts and reasons. Simply posting to agree or disagree tends to be a waste.

Unread post by Tor »

BillionSix wrote:01% Shoe: The Nightbane is a giant shoe that travels by hopping. It can manipulate objects with its shoelaces. 1-25%: Sneaker. +2d6 SDC. 26-50%: Stiletto. +1d6 SDC. Spike heel does +2d6 SDC damage. 51-75%: Steel toed boot. +3d6 SDC. 76-100%: Sandal. +2 Dex.

Just like the Chinpokomon
"1st edition? 2nd edition? It doesnt matter! Let's just talk" -Forums of the Megaverse
BillionSix
Dungeon Crawler

Captain wrote:Since it was randomly skipped...

25% - A silk top hat.

The Morphus is a top hat. If placed atop a pate, the body attached to the head in question turns into a large green frog in a tuxedo with a cane, whenever the word 'hello' is spoken, in any context, the person wearing the hat immediately begins dancing in one uniform direction, singing, 'Hello my darling, hello my honey, hello my rag-time gaaaaaaaal'. +2 HF, +5 HF when causing a wearer to sing.

I see you took the "all singing all-dancing" part of the thread title quite literally. :)
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Captain wrote:Since it was randomly skipped...

25% - A silk top hat.

The Morphus is a top hat. If placed atop a pate, the body attached to the head in question turns into a large green frog in a tuxedo with a cane, whenever the word 'hello' is spoken, in any context, the person wearing the hat immediately begins dancing in one uniform direction, singing, 'Hello my darling, hello my honey, hello my rag-time gaaaaaaaal'. +2 HF, +5 HF when causing a wearer to sing.

It was not randomly skipped.
If you look, there is double tap on 22%.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

30% Dancing Guns

The Spawn has a pair of shiny "Six-Shooters" & belts that they can shoot at people's feet to make them dance. While using the "six-shooters" to 'making people dance" they will have seemingly infinite amount of "ammo", but not really shoot anything. Even though where they would of hit appear a a bullet hole. (Like how in old westerns the black hat cowboys will shoot at a guy's to make him dodge, "dance" away from the shots.) This can work like the faerie dance spell ability that keeps the subject dancing or it can drive the subject away. For this feature to do damage, it needs to be combined with some other feature, such as the weapon hand, that gives a damage rating.
Last edited by drewkitty ~..~ on Sat Feb 02, 2013 2:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Sorry, Had not realized you had actuly fixed your post. The brain was being lazy and didn't realize you had corrected your post, unlike many who do not edit their posts to fix them.
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

31% Chipindales outfit.

32% Playboy Bunny outfit

33% Pallyboy Bunny outfit (a BWW outfit w/a bunny ear helmet and a bunnytail.)
Sir_Spirit
Invisible Pink Unicorn

Re:

Unread post by Sir_Spirit »

Prince Cherico wrote:08% background music the charaters body plays background music
that changes with the emoitional state and situations the charaters in

There is a 75%chance that any surprise attack will be ruined by the appropriate dramatic music warning the Nightbane.
drewkitty ~..~ wrote:31% Chipindales outfit.

32% Playboy Bunny outfit

33% Pallyboy Bunny outfit (a BWW outfit w/a bunny ear helmet and a bunnytail.)

34%Other chipindales outfit.
Damn ICE/BCP/BorderPatrol! Damn everyone who won’t damn ICE/BCP/Border Patrol!! Damn everyone that won’t put lights in his windows and sit up all night damning CE/BCP/BorderPatrol!!!
If you support ICE/BCP/BorderPatrol at this point, you would have called the Gestapo on the people surreptitiously moving into your neighbor's attic and huffed that you were only following the law.
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Re: Re:

Sir_Spirit wrote:

You'd need a 1d4 sub table for those. Thou the question that popped into my head is would they get the fur also?
Sir_Spirit
Invisible Pink Unicorn

Unread post by Sir_Spirit »

drewkitty ~..~ wrote:
Sir_Spirit wrote:

You'd need a 1d4 sub table for those. Thou the question that popped into my head is would they get the fur also?

You get the whole look.
Damn ICE/BCP/BorderPatrol! Damn everyone who won’t damn ICE/BCP/Border Patrol!! Damn everyone that won’t put lights in his windows and sit up all night damning CE/BCP/BorderPatrol!!!
If you support ICE/BCP/BorderPatrol at this point, you would have called the Gestapo on the people surreptitiously moving into your neighbor's attic and huffed that you were only following the law.
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Sir_Spirit wrote:
drewkitty ~..~ wrote:
Sir_Spirit wrote:

You get the whole look.

...... A 6" tall chipmunk nightbane. *shakes head groaning* Might as well have a Mighty Mouse morphus.35%
abe
Hero

Unread post by abe »

36%monkey style kung fu
you look like a monkey in a kung fu outfit!
you gain kung-fu appropriate to your level but ONLY when in morphus!
howdey folks!!!!!!!!
BookWyrm
Champion

37%- Nothing appears to happen. The character seems to NOT change from their Facade into their Morphus with any obvious indication. All normal Bonuses from changing still apply.

"OK, let's gear up, people."
(the other NightBanes transform, one seems to have missed the queue. After a short pause, they look back at their 'unchanged' companion.)
"Bill, you need to change before we go in."
"I did."
"No, you're still....you know, you."
"I changed. See?" (briefly manifests darkwhip) "I wish you guys would believe me just once."
Str-8 male Dom/Top;
Nightmask
Palladin

Unread post by Nightmask »

BookWyrm wrote:37%- Nothing appears to happen. The character seems to NOT change from their Facade into their Morphus with any obvious indication. All normal Bonuses from changing still apply.

(the other NightBanes transform, one seems to have missed the queue. After a short pause, they look back at their 'unchanged' companion.)
"I did."
"I changed. See?" (briefly manifests darkwhip) "I wish you guys would believe me just once."

Just out of curiosity why would you ever revert to your facade if you looked the same as your morphus?
Fair warning: I consider being called a munchkin a highly offensive slur and do report people when they err in doing so.

'Reality is very disappointing.' - Jonathan Switcher from Mannequin

It's 'canon', not 'cannon'. A cannon is a big gun like on pirate ships, canon is what you mean when referring to something as being contained within one of the books such as how many dice to roll for a stat.
BillionSix
Dungeon Crawler

Nightmask wrote:
BookWyrm wrote:37%- Nothing appears to happen. The character seems to NOT change from their Facade into their Morphus with any obvious indication. All normal Bonuses from changing still apply.

"I did."

Just out of curiosity why would you ever revert to your facade if you looked the same as your morphus?

I thought of something similar to that once. The character really only had Weapon Hand, which gave him the ability to turn his hand into a weapon at will. So, normal. The ultimate Ken doll.
And my thought was that he would never change back. Then I heard something about Hounds being able to track you more easily in your Morphus form. I don't remember if that is actually true....
abe
Hero

Unread post by abe »

38%election booth!
basically you can make people vote on ANY subject(even & especially silly ones!)
howdey folks!!!!!!!!
Jefffar
Supreme Being

Unread post by Jefffar »

abe wrote:38%election booth!
basically you can make people vote on ANY subject(even & especially silly ones!)

So many jokes about the lever, so many reasons I'd have to ban myself . . .

39% Vending Machine

Jedrious
Adventurer

Unread post by Jedrious »

40% Photo Booth
abe
Hero

Unread post by abe »

Jefffar wrote:

they have electronic versions now you know
howdey folks!!!!!!!!
Jefffar
Supreme Being

Unread post by Jefffar »

abe wrote:
Jefffar wrote:

they have electronic versions now you know

I've heard . . . that actually makes the jokes all the worse . . .

41% Rockette Launcher - the character's Morphus features a bizarre weapon that fires explosive dancing girls. 2D4x10 damage to a 30 foot blast radius with a 1000 foot range.

drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Jefffar wrote:
I've heard . . . that actually makes the jokes all the worse . . .

41% Rockette Launcher - the character's Morphus features a bizarre weapon that fires explosive dancing girls. 2D4x10 damage to a 30 foot blast radius with a 1000 foot range.

This is a good one. :D

42% Reaver. Torn & bloody clothes, having scars and old cuts on their skin. The Bane's voice is very hard to understand. The most common trait that is paired with this, is a weapon hand. These weapons are also bloodied and dripping of blood when ever they are manifested.
abe
Hero

Unread post by abe »

43%stinky sweat!
you smell horrible,basically you have a smell based horror factor of 14+1 per level!
howdey folks!!!!!!!!
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Jefffar wrote:

39% Vending Machine

A Petite Cole Vending machine? :D
abe
Hero

Unread post by abe »

44%huge lips,just what it says it is.
you can crush enemies to death with your HUGE(12+24d3 inch)lips!
howdey folks!!!!!!!!
Jefffar
Supreme Being

Unread post by Jefffar »

45% Teeth.

One or more non-traditional orifices on the characters body has teeth and can bite for 1D6 damage. Don't forget to floss between meals.

BookWyrm
Champion

Nightmask wrote:

"I did."

Granted, but sometimes you need to go low-profile.
Str-8 male Dom/Top;
BookWyrm
Champion

46% - Photo-negative, color: The Morphus is the characters normal human look, but appears to have all their colors flipped (black becomes white, red becomes blue, ect.) Lighter neutral colors darken, while darker one lighten (dark tan becomes light grey, light grey darkens to dark tan/brown, ect.)

47% - Photo-Negative, Black & White/Sepia: as above, but the player looks like they just stepped out of an old black & white film or colored in a monotone of Sepia.

48% - Grainy: The Morphus is a simply overlay, making the player look like they are out of focus & blurry.

49% - It's Just a Jump To the Left / Then a Step to the Right; The Morphus makes the player appear either two feet to the left or the right of where they are actually standing, GM's call. It's not invisibility per se, simply the perception of the person being looked at is off-set.

50% - Not A Morning Person: The Morphus makes the player look like they had just gotten out of bed--rumpled clothing, disheveled hair (aka Bed-Head), mismatched shoes, ect. If wearing make-up, this appears to have been applied in a hurry, while moving on a bumpy road or by a randomly-sneezing Tammy Fae Baker.
Str-8 male Dom/Top;
Ale Golem
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Ale Golem »

BookWyrm wrote:49% - It's Just a Jump To the Left / Then a Step to the Right; The Morphus makes the player appear either two feet to the left or the right of where they are actually standing, GM's call. It's not invisibility per se, simply the perception of the person being looked at is off-set.
What if the Nightspawn is in a doorway?
Check it out and love it! http://www.badgreymatter.com/
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Sir_Spirit wrote:
drewkitty ~..~ wrote:
Sir_Spirit wrote:

You get the whole look.

Found this while surfing the web.
http://cosplay-paradise.tumblr.com/image/44427588939

Return to “Nightbane®”