Darkweapon Prices

For the discussion of Nightbane™ and its supplements.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Kinghawke
Explorer

Darkweapon Prices

Unread post by Kinghawke »

when I loot the bodies of Hounds & Hunters (since the books don't say what happens to the bodies or weapons), how much could I get on the black market for darkweapon blades that can cut through anything?
King Hawke--I don't make the world, I just live in it
Shark_Force
Palladin

Re: Darkweapon Prices

Unread post by Shark_Force »

pretty sure the book says the bodies disappear. as to the weapons, that's a bit more fuzzy, they may or may not disappear (or may disappear only if they're in the hands of something that disappears, or who knows what else?)

in any event, if you can get them, i wouldn't expect to get a lot. basically, they're hard to conceal when you want to use them. they are very recognizable. the people most likely to need them are also the people most likely to have them (you get them from fighting hounds/hunters and the most probable reason you might need them is for fighting hounds/hunters). they're probably illegal (unofficially) in a dozen different ways. they're hard to sell because of those facts. so i wouldn't expect to be able to get a lot, actually. maybe a thousand or two in "normal" situations. in very high demand situations, potentially more.

that would change somewhat if there is a lot involved in getting one (that is, if they almost always disappear unless you do something special and difficult). i would expect that they would sell for quite a bit more... but most of the time, nobody is buying because it's still relatively low demand and high risk combined with a high cost to keep it in stock, so people aren't going to want to have it unless they have a buyer already lined up.
eliakon
Palladin
Comment: Palladium Books Canon is set solely by Kevin Siembieda, either in person, or by his approval of published material.

Unread post by eliakon »

The answer is "what ever the market will bear"
The underground black market for magic and the like in Nightbane is not organized and such.
You will need to have a contact that will want the weapons, and that will be willing to pay you for them. Then you can negotiate with them for the weapons.
The contact will want to make sure that your legit, and that your not being traced by bringing too much heat down by taking out too many minions.
The rules are not a bludgeon with which to hammer a character into a game. They are a guide to how a group of friends can get together to weave a collective story that entertains everyone involved. We forget that at our peril.

Edmund Burke wrote:The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Unread post by drewkitty ~..~ »

I would suggest that Darkblade weapons are more traded in barter for favors and other like things rather then bought/sold.
May you be blessed with the ability to change course when you are off the mark.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
Reading and writing (literacy) is how people on BBS interact.
Nekira Sudacne
Monk
Comment: The Munchkin Fairy

Unread post by Nekira Sudacne »

drewkitty ~..~ wrote:I would suggest that Darkblade weapons are more traded in barter for favors and other like things rather then bought/sold.

Money in sufficent quantities can be a favor in and of itself, depending on what the seller intends to do.
Sometimes, you're like a beacon of light in the darkness, giving me some hope for humankind. ~ Killer Cyborg

You can have something done good, fast and cheap. If you want it done good and fast, it's not going to be cheap. If you want it done fast and cheap it won't be good. If you want something done good and cheap it won't be done fast. ~ Dark Brandon
eliakon
Palladin
Comment: Palladium Books Canon is set solely by Kevin Siembieda, either in person, or by his approval of published material.

Unread post by eliakon »

Nekira Sudacne wrote:
drewkitty ~..~ wrote:I would suggest that Darkblade weapons are more traded in barter for favors and other like things rather then bought/sold.

Money in sufficent quantities can be a favor in and of itself, depending on what the seller intends to do.

That and not all sales are in cash...

Barter IS selling.
If I trade you a timeshare at my beach condo for one of your cars... we just sold a timeshare and a car.
Remember money is just a place holder for "what ever useful stuff I want later"
The rules are not a bludgeon with which to hammer a character into a game. They are a guide to how a group of friends can get together to weave a collective story that entertains everyone involved. We forget that at our peril.

Edmund Burke wrote:The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."

Return to “Nightbane®”