My Books Have Arrived!

For the discussion of Nightbane™ and its supplements.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants
Comment: "Your inferiority complex might be justified."
Location: Lurking on rooftops like a proper gargoyle should, in and around Tacoma, WA.

My Books Have Arrived!

Unread post by Stone Gargoyle »

I just bought all the Nightbane books with the exception of Shadows of Light, which I may have to get on pdf through Drive-thru RPG. I'm loving all the Morphus tables in the Survival Guide and Dark Designs. I don't think you can ever have too many options for Morphuses.
"SG, you are a limitless fountain of Butt-Saving Advice. You Rock, Stone and Concrete." ~ TrumbachD
Glistam
Megaversal® Ambassador
Comment: The silent thief of Rozrehxeson.

Re: My Books Have Arrived!

Unread post by Glistam »

There's a lot of good morphus tables in those books! I enjoy the psychics from Shadows of Light - I think that book'd be worth getting from DriveThru just for them.
Zerebus: "I like MDC. MDC is a hundred times better than SDC."

kiralon: "...the best way to kill an old one is to crash a moon into it."

Temporal Wizard O.C.C. update 0.8 | Rifts random encounters
New Fire magic | New Temporal magic
Grim Gulf, the Nightlands version of Century Station

Let Chaos Magic flow in your campaigns.
Warwolf
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: I am the Alpha of the Omega...
...The First of The Last...
...and this is the beginning of your end.

Unread post by Warwolf »

Stone Gargoyle wrote:I just bought all the Nightbane books with the exception of Shadows of Light, which I may have to get on pdf through Drive-thru RPG. I'm loving all the Morphus tables in the Survival Guide and Dark Designs. I don't think you can ever have too many options for Morphuses.

Glad to hear it. It seems there are many fans who agree with you, which is why I tried to really amp the variety available not only for Morphus feature, but Talents as well. Hope you're enjoying the rest of the material, too. :)
Yeah, everytime I see a blazingly obvious moron walking the streets... I think, "score one for the creationists..." ~ DLDC
Warwolf is right... you can sig that. ~ TGK
I refuse to participate in a battle of wits with an unarmed man. ~ Me
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants
Location: Lurking on rooftops like a proper gargoyle should, in and around Tacoma, WA.

Warwolf wrote:
Stone Gargoyle wrote:I just bought all the Nightbane books with the exception of Shadows of Light, which I may have to get on pdf through Drive-thru RPG. I'm loving all the Morphus tables in the Survival Guide and Dark Designs. I don't think you can ever have too many options for Morphuses.

Glad to hear it. It seems there are many fans who agree with you, which is why I tried to really amp the variety available not only for Morphus feature, but Talents as well. Hope you're enjoying the rest of the material, too. :)
Oh yes. I avoided Nightbane for a long time because of a bad experience with a GM but now I'm getting back into it. I hope to get a game going soon with my regular players.
"SG, you are a limitless fountain of Butt-Saving Advice. You Rock, Stone and Concrete." ~ TrumbachD
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Unread post by drewkitty ~..~ »

I just look up Shadows of Light on Amazon...a in used-good condition one the $120, $120, $130. and ""new" ones are listed at $377.74 and $504.16,
May you be blessed with the ability to change course when you are off the mark.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
Reading and writing (literacy) is how people on BBS interact.
Jack Burton
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by Jack Burton »

Is Shadows of Light out of print and if so, why?
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

It is only out of print. Not popular. So they just have not reprinted them.

So.. while it was not de-canonized....it is just not worth their while to get a new printing run of them done up.

Maybe cause while everything in it is for the NB setting, there is nothing to bling out your NB with in the book.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
Shawn Merrow
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: For the glory of Zeon and Zerebus, Sieg Zeon!

2D6 Palladium Forum History Geek Points

Unread post by Shawn Merrow »

drewkitty ~..~ wrote:I just look up Shadows of Light on Amazon...a in used-good condition one the $120, $120, $130. and ""new" ones are listed at $377.74 and $504.16,

Some private sellers on Amazon use bots to set their prices slightly higher than anyone else's. If two bots end up on the same item you can get really high prices like that. I would recommend just getting the PDF from DriveThruRPG.

"Flandre, no Molotov cocktails indoors, please." - Hime from Princess Resurrection
Shark_Force
Palladin

Unread post by Shark_Force »

yeah, it was a PDF back when they only made PDFs of things they didn't intend to do a print run of again. there's some good stuff in there imo, but i would expect to use only part of the book, and i would agree that it is definitely not worth over $100.
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Shawn Merrow wrote:
drewkitty ~..~ wrote:I just look up Shadows of Light on Amazon...a in used-good condition one the $120, $120, $130. and ""new" ones are listed at $377.74 and $504.16,

Some private sellers on Amazon use bots to set their prices slightly higher than anyone else's. If two bots end up on the same item you can get really high prices like that. I would recommend just getting the PDF from DriveThruRPG.

I got mine when it was published, and I was looking to see what the prices were for the physical book, and A is the 1st place I check. (you can blaime that on me having a Kindle bookreader. :P )
I was shocked at the prices, so posted them. And I will keep my copy better now that I know it is worth more then the cover price.

just checked E-bay and the only one there (used) was going for about $150.
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

Yeah, I looked there first, which is why if I get it I'll get the pdf.
Shark_Force
Palladin

Unread post by Shark_Force »

drewkitty ~..~ wrote:
Shawn Merrow wrote:

I got mine when it was published, and I was looking to see what the prices were for the physical book, and A is the 1st place I check. (you can blaime that on me having a Kindle bookreader. :P )
I was shocked at the prices, so posted them. And I will keep my copy better now that I know it is worth more then the cover price.

just checked E-bay and the only one there (used) was going for about $150.

to be fair, the stuff that you can see on amazon or ebay is the stuff that *hasn't* sold. when they start selling for 150 bucks regularly, that's when they're worth 150 bucks. until then, it's just wishful thinking.
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

I just signed up at Drive Thru RPG and got the PDF for Book 4. Now I have the complete set.
Unfortunate Son
Megaversal® Ambassador
Comment: When the Dead Walk, blare Misfits and kill 'em all.

Unread post by Unfortunate Son »

Just got my books in too. Got the main book, Through the Glass Darkly, Survival Guide and Dark Designs. Going to work some of it my current DR game, and work on getting a 'Bane game going as well.
Ya... Tact and social skills are not my Strong suit. Now infuriating folks, I am 15th lvl.
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

I plan to get creative and come up with a campaign but it will be tricky getting my group back together. Everyone has conflicting schedules now.
Unfortunate Son
Megaversal® Ambassador
Comment: When the Dead Walk, blare Misfits and kill 'em all.

Unread post by Unfortunate Son »

I've been having that issue through the holiday season. But all one can do is work to make the campaign and watch them come. My Nightbane game rich now has the group on Seattle after leaving a UR safehouse and hearing about three "Terror Attacks". Going to use these to introduce the ADA.
Ya... Tact and social skills are not my Strong suit. Now infuriating folks, I am 15th lvl.

Return to “Nightbane®”