who wants NB:Through The Glass Darkly,s part 2?

For the discussion of Nightbane™ and its supplements.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

gaby
Knight

who wants NB:Through The Glass Darkly,s part 2?

Unread post by gaby »

I would love to see NB:Through The Glass Darky 2.

What do you want in it?

They can add New Spells for existing NB,s Occ,maybe New Occ too?

All New Magic items and Weapons.

Proficiencys and Limiteds from Rifter 27.
filo_clarke
Adventurer

Re: who wants NB:Through The Glass Darkly,s part 2?

Unread post by filo_clarke »

I would prefer BtS: Tome Grotesque, frankly.
eliakon
Palladin
Comment: Palladium Books Canon is set solely by Kevin Siembieda, either in person, or by his approval of published material.

Unread post by eliakon »

I am not sure that we really need another book on magic for Nightbane. If we did get another book on magic and the supernatural for Nightbane I would say there are a few areas that it should cover.
1) more magic proficiencies/limitations. While some of the proficiencies/limitations in the Rifter are okay and suitable for the game as written a number of them are extremely powerful (or overpowered) and not at all suitable. I would also recommend some examples of specialized proficiencies, such as a proficiency for mirror mages, or a proficiency for Nightbane, or ones just for humans, or some just for accolytes, ect. A few more examples of "This is both your proficiency and limitation in one" like the negative proficiency of mystic invisibility might be interesting

2) I would like to see some specialized magic that is specialized for the world. What I mean here is lets see spells that are designed for the specifics that these mages face. I want to see spells that are designed to interact with talents for example. Much as I would expect to see spells that interact with super powers in Magic Unlimited and I would expect to see spells that interact with psionics in Tome Grotesque I would like to see how magic and talents interact. We know that talents can be made to interact with spells afterall

3) I would like to see some more familiar creatures. Astral creatures for example. The entire familiar rules were poorly thought out to start with. How do you get the starting familiars? After almost all of the example famliars are not capable of being take by the familiar spell... so that is obviously not how the link is made.

4) I would like to see some more information on the Mirror Wall.

5) some more information on several of the other throw away topics that were just touched on briefly might be good. The book had far to much material where they just dashed off a few ideas a sketch of the vaguest ways to implement it and then went on to the next unconnected idea. It reads more like an attempt at a guide book on building theme and mood for writing a horror game than as an actual playable supplement for said game.

6) I would like some more 'creatures of light'. We get the spell 'call creatures of light' in the base book. But other than guardians there is nothing to call. There are hints in some of the other books about advanced guardians, and guardian ships and guardian items.... sounds like magic to me. Bring it.
The rules are not a bludgeon with which to hammer a character into a game. They are a guide to how a group of friends can get together to weave a collective story that entertains everyone involved. We forget that at our peril.

Edmund Burke wrote:The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."
Glistam
Megaversal® Ambassador
Comment: The silent thief of Rozrehxeson.

Unread post by Glistam »

My answer to this question hasn't changed since the last time it was asked.
Zerebus: "I like MDC. MDC is a hundred times better than SDC."

kiralon: "...the best way to kill an old one is to crash a moon into it."

Temporal Wizard O.C.C. update 0.8 | Rifts random encounters
New Fire magic | New Temporal magic
Grim Gulf, the Nightlands version of Century Station

Let Chaos Magic flow in your campaigns.
Axelmania
Knight

Unread post by Axelmania »

TTGD2 isn't a very pretty title. I would like to propose bringing back "Through the Dark Glass", a working title for WB3 mentioned on page 7 of WB2 (Nightlands)
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Unread post by drewkitty ~..~ »

I would agree with Glistam in that there are other books of the SDC settings I would rather see. Some of those just need to be edited before publishing.
May you be blessed with the ability to change course when you are off the mark.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
Reading and writing (literacy) is how people on BBS interact.
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants
Comment: "Your inferiority complex might be justified."
Location: Lurking on rooftops like a proper gargoyle should, in and around Tacoma, WA.

Unread post by Stone Gargoyle »

Magic is pretty well taken care of in Nightbane. They would have to create something totally new and different for me to buy another magic book for it.
"SG, you are a limitless fountain of Butt-Saving Advice. You Rock, Stone and Concrete." ~ TrumbachD
Mr. Jays
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by Mr. Jays »

Although I could be wrong, I don't believe that Warwolf has any interest in a TTGD2 book. At least he hasn't said anything to me about it. There are other ideas he wants to work on first.
--- author of "All Quiet on the Western.....What?" Rifter 84

Return to “Nightbane®”