Prophetic dreams?

For the discussion of Nightbane™ and its supplements.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

PalladiumBrony
Explorer

Prophetic dreams?

Unread post by PalladiumBrony »

I was looking at Divination from "Through the Glass Darkly" the other day, and it occurred to me that prophetic dreams didn't seem to be covered. I wonder if you guys had some thoughts about it? To my mind, it would seem reasonable to say that a Diviner who uses prophetic dreaming to divine the future should be able to use it just the same as any other (a standard roll on the Divination skill from page 9), but - for at least some folks - I feel like such dreams should come on randomly... though I'm not sure if the two methods should be mutually exclusive, or if you should be able to intentionally dream the future but also still have random vision-dreams as well, or for random dreams, what the percentage chance should be that any given period of sleep will result in such a dream.
filo_clarke
Adventurer

Re: Prophetic dreams?

Unread post by filo_clarke »

Well, on the same page, is the description of Clairvoyance which does provide a note to the effect that "random" clairvoyant events can occur without the player's intention. It wouldn't be outside the realm of possibility that Divination might also have such an effect.

Return to “Nightbane®”