Astral and Dream Plane thoughts and experience

For the discussion of Nightbane™ and its supplements.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

RainbowDevil
Explorer

Astral and Dream Plane thoughts and experience

Unread post by RainbowDevil »

Hey folks,

I'm running an After the Bomb campaign, but I'm also using the Astral and Dreamstream in it. I am planning on having the two planes one single plane, with the Astral being the plane itself and the individual Dream bubbles scattered throughout it. Since the Astral is the "space in between" everything, I figure it makes sense that it basically represents "potential" and the Dreams being inside it make good sense to me.

I was wondering how many of you folks have done similar things, and what worked or didn't work for you? I know it's not canon, but that's not important.

Similarly, have any of you modified the dream-shaping rules and, if so, what did and didn't work? From what I've read in Between the Shadows, dream shaping seems far too limited in my opinion, and it doesn't sufficiently capture the feel of the morphing plane, in my opinion. Dream makers/dancers have some influence, but even they seem limited. Perhaps give everyone the dream mage ability to affect dreams environments and create objects but to a much lower degree, at the very least in their own Dream bubble?

Any thoughts?

Regards,
RD

Return to “Nightbane®”