Looking for advice; ADA Campaign start

For the discussion of Nightbane™ and its supplements.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

BrokenAzs
Newb

Looking for advice; ADA Campaign start

Unread post by BrokenAzs »

Hello fellows,

I am currently writing up a new campaign, focusing on the Spook Squad (ADA). The players will have access to only the OCCs in the Between the Shadows book that possess no Psi or magical abilities.

I will be writing the initial characters for each player (3 total). Our group generally plays DnD as a hack-n-slasher with most players not caring to much about role-playing. I want to use this game as a way to help enhance my total role-play of our group.

The game will start rather Call of Cthulhu, with the primary focus being conflict avoidance and investigation, until players ger comfortable with the mechanics of the new system.

Long term I know where i want the game to lead, a culling of a city in the Nightlands, as the first major accomplishment.

I'm having a bit of an issue of where to start. The idea's I have so far;

1. Hunting down wild vampires, possible encountering the Nocturnes doing the same.

2. Infiltrating the compound of a Warlord in an attempt to capture a Nightbane to perform research on.

3. Recovering a magical artifact for research from the clutches of Nightlord minions within a near by city.

All will take place in the present day, with the character learning about the supernatural as they go along. 1 player will be from each department with very low security clearance and know almost nothing except their 'need to know'.

Any ideas or twists would be helpful in developing the start to a story.

Books I have for Nightbane;

Complete Nightspawn game
Between the Shadows (Book 1)
Nightlands (Book 2)

Thanks,

Azs
BrokenAzs
Newb

Re: Looking for advice; ADA Campaign start

Unread post by BrokenAzs »

As an update to this;

I've decided to play extremely by the book, and Chicago will be the home front. It's the least drawn out city in the book so I have the most flexible.

It'll start trying to determine what the Golden Posse is up to and why.

The players will each have their own piece to the intelligence puzzle that they (hopefully) won't just shout out.

The OCCs that I have written up are; Pandora Project Research, Former CIA agent (Dual Training), and a Sword Bearer with 44 PS at first level
RockJock
Knight

Re: Looking for advice; ADA Campaign start

Unread post by RockJock »

How is the campaign going? It looks like a fairly light group, but could work for the right campaign.
RockJock, holder of the mighty Rune Rock Hammer!

Return to “Nightbane®”