Astral Self: material co-existence cost for/or duration?

For the discussion of Nightbane™ and its supplements.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Axelmania
Knight

Astral Self: material co-existence cost for/or duration?

Unread post by Axelmania »

Astral Mages/Lords can stay in Astral Transference forever on the plane without cost but have to pay an ongoing ISP cost to stay astral in the material world which limits how long they can do that for.

I can't find any limit for the NB talent though... just one cost to go and one to return.

Does this mean that a Nightbane with this talent could just stay in astral form indefinitely in the real world? Or did some later errata change this?

Far as I'm concerned, as a Nightbane I might want to stay in Astral Morphus (or in the case of a Shadow Warlock, an astral human form) most of the time, as it would keep you safe from a LOT of attacks. Plus doesn't it also prevent you from aging or eating? I'm not sure if Nightbane age or need to eat, so that might be more of a benefit for a Shadow Warlock...

Sure you still have problems like Torturians to worry about, or Night Priests casting spells at you... heck maybe darkblades can hurt astral projectors, I don't remember.

Even with all that though, being able to move through walls, being invisible to most people, being able to fly at sonic speeds, you would be able to evade those attacks able to harm you much more easily.

It's almost a setting breaker to not have an ongoing PPE cost to co-exist astrally in the real world, if you think about it...
Incriptus
Hero
Comment: Hey, relaaaax. Pretend it's a game. Maybe it'll even be fun
Shoot the tubes, Dogmeat!

Re: Astral Self: material co-existence cost for/or duration?

Unread post by Incriptus »

Rifter #9 has about 20 pages dedicated to Nightbane's Astral Rules ... It is "optional" of course

Coexistence drains the character of 2 P.P.E. per 5 minutes
Axelmania
Knight

Re: Astral Self: material co-existence cost for/or duration?

Unread post by Axelmania »

I remember that, good stuff, wish it had been made canon. I guess abusing the free coexistence for this power would be a good way to pressure GMs into accepting the awesome TMNT-cover Rifter as canon for their camp.

Return to “Nightbane®”