New Fan Made NB Features

For the discussion of Nightbane™ and its supplements.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

drewkitty ~..~
Monk

New Fan Made NB Features

Unread post by drewkitty ~..~ »

New fan made NB Features

I was creating a char and thought that while the e-eresure aura (R15) was close to what I wanted but not quite.

The char's morphus idea was that it was a spirit of nature and maybe it should be that electronics shouldn't work around them in their mrophus. The alternent to this, to have a Enrgy Negation/ Negate Mechanics aura field.

What sort of range should it have? does it just negate all w/o a saving throw?

Comments about refinement please.
Post your own creations too if you'd like to.
May you be blessed with the ability to change course when you are off the mark.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
Reading and writing (literacy) is how people on BBS interact.
Marcethus
Champion

Re: New Fan Made NB Features

Unread post by Marcethus »

Aeons ago I created a Talent version of Telepathy. Called it MindSpeak. *Goes to look at old nightbane characters for its info*
Incriptus
Hero
Comment: Hey, relaaaax. Pretend it's a game. Maybe it'll even be fun
Shoot the tubes, Dogmeat!

Unread post by Incriptus »

Ok i'm literally making this up on the spot and I know very little about the sports or positions i'm writing (that's why I'm on the internet) so the bonuses/abilities should not be taken too seriously!

Sports fan Table: Sports and competition have pervaded the human psyche since time immemorial from the earliest games to gladiator and chariot matches to football and baseball to wrestling and boxing, the list goes on and on. The following is a table of the most common modern sport Morpheuses. In all cases the Morpheus will be wearing the uniform of their favorite team, or player.

0x-xx: Quarterback: In addition to wearing the jersey or uniform of his favorite team/player, his morpheus has a football with him. Bonuses +2 P.S. +2 P.P. +1d6 Spd +2 to strike with football (which does 1d6 points of damage + the character's supernatural strength, is never damaged, returns at the end of each melee) +4d6 SDC

xx-xx: Linebacker/Tackle: The character is fully decked out in a heavy (often exaggerated) helmet and shoulder pads. Bonuses +4 P.S. + 2 P.E. +1d4*10 SDC Natural AR 10 (optional) Body Block/Tackle does 1d6 points of damage the opponent much dodge/parry or be knocked down.

xx-xx: Pitcher: In addition to wearing the jersey or uniform of his favorite team/player, his morpheus has an unlimited number of baseballs with him. Bonuses +2 P.P. +2 to strike with baseball (which does 2d6 points of damage + the character's supernatural strength, is never damaged)

xx-xx: Batter: In addition to wearing the jersey or uniform of his favorite team/player, his morpheus has a baseball bat with him. Bonuses +2 to strike with baseball bat (which does 2d6 points of damage + the character's supernatural strength, is never damaged) +2 to parry. When parrying a thrown weapon the character can make a strike roll (no bonuses) to reflect the object to any other target in range.

xx-xx: Basket Ball Player: In addition to wearing the jersey or uniform of his favorite team/player, his morpheus has a basket ball with him. Bonuses +1 PP +1 PE +1 to strike with basketball (which does 1d6 points of damage + the character's supernatural strength, is never damaged). +2d6 to speed In addition the character can make tremendous leaps 12 feet high and leap attacks do an additional +6 damage.

xx-xx: Soccer Player: In addition to wearing the jersey or uniform of his favorite team/player, his morpheus has a soccer ball with him. Bonuses +2 PP +1 PE +2 to strike with Soccer ball (which does 1d6 points of damage + the character's supernatural strength, is never damaged) +2d6 to speed

xx-xx: Boxer: The character is wearing boxing shorts and boxing gloves. The character automatically gets the boxing skill while in Morpheus form. In addition to the bonuses from the skill the character gets a +2 to strike and his punch attacks deal an additional 1d6. Penalties: The boxing gloves can not be removed and the character has difficulty with skills that require manual dexterity.

xx-xx: Wrestler: The character's wrestling attire can be as simple as a pair of shorts or exotic as the player imagines (or other morpheus traits define). The character gets the wrestling skill while in Morpheus form. In additionl to the bonuses from the skill the character gets +2 to strike and the Crush/Body Block/Body Slam attacks do 1d6 + the character's supernatural strength.

xx-xx: Hockey ...

xx-xx: Tennis ...

xx-xx: Golf ...

---- And I got bored, really just kind of the same stuff over and over again (Hockey stick vs Golf Club vs Baseball Bat) I would try to give each of them some kind of unique trick (like the basket ball player "dunking" on someone) ... Kinda embarassed to showcase my laziness by posting this but I will and you can run with hit (xx-xx Track and Field) if you want :clown:
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Hockey can probably be divided between goalie and the other players.

Other the the goalie hockey fans/players (and tennis fan/player) could just get the same bonuses as the Baseball batter.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Starfield
This talent creates a a shell of darkness that no light can get through with an inner surface is covered with flecks of light like a night sky that give minimal light to the insides. (moonless night bright) When created the size of the sphere is determined by the how much P.P.E. is invested into it when it is activated, 10 feet radius per 4 P.P.E. used to activate it, with it lasting one minute per level. Characters without nightvision or the like caught within the sphere are -4 to perception and -6 to Strike/Parry/Dodge if there is no light source inside. The sphere is centered on the Nightbane and moves with them. The Nightbane themselves is not hampered in any way by their field, though they cannot see past the edge of course.
Note: UV, IR are forms of light.
Limitations: Activation costs are doubled when in Facade.
Cost: 10 P.P.E. to permanently acquire it; 4 P.P.E. minimum to activate.
Each additional 4 P.P.E. increases the radius by 10 feet.
Duration: 1 melee round.

(Benchmark talent: Nightbringer)

Return to “Nightbane®”