Is the nightbane forum dieing?

For the discussion of Nightbane™ and its supplements.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Nytemare Rhosyn
D-Bee

Is the nightbane forum dieing?

Unread post by Nytemare Rhosyn »

It seems like noone is responding or talking anymore, and the few people who were working on nb stuff seemed to have vanished. So whats going on?
Glistam
Megaversal® Ambassador
Comment: The silent thief of Rozrehxeson.

Re: Is the nightbane forum dieing?

Unread post by Glistam »

Perhaps the people you're thinking of have said what they had to say and are just waiting for more opportunity to talk about new Nightbane related topics?
Zerebus: "I like MDC. MDC is a hundred times better than SDC."

kiralon: "...the best way to kill an old one is to crash a moon into it."

Temporal Wizard O.C.C. update 0.8 | Rifts random encounters
New Fire magic | New Temporal magic
Grim Gulf, the Nightlands version of Century Station

Let Chaos Magic flow in your campaigns.
Nytemare Rhosyn
D-Bee

Im still waiting for someone to confirm or deny if dark designs is dead or not
auyl
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by auyl »

Personally, NB is one my fav PB settings, it's just there aren't a lot of topics on here that interest me. I'm planning on writing something for NB for the Rifter at some point, just got to make the time.
Nytemare Rhosyn
D-Bee

auyl wrote:Personally, NB is one my fav PB settings, it's just there aren't a lot of topics on here that interest me. I'm planning on writing something for NB for the Rifter at some point, just got to make the time.

do so, or i should remake home rule thread for people id love to see what ppl have made
Rallan
Champion

Unread post by Rallan »

Nytemare Rhosyn wrote:It seems like noone is responding or talking anymore, and the few people who were working on nb stuff seemed to have vanished. So whats going on?

The game's almost 20 years old and the line has no support. You shouldn't be surprised by the fact that the Nightbane board is slowing down, you should be surprised by the fact that it's still going at all.
Nytemare Rhosyn
D-Bee

well some of us nightspawn just like to strive forth ya know
The Baron of chaos
Champion

Unread post by The Baron of chaos »

Well, i can't talk for others, but for me is tha ti got invovled inmultiple things, as RL took an heavy toll on me(i got an indipent micro business to run yay! Is a Newsstand kiosk - seel also pens comics and everything tha tis printed on paper...very little books since they cost too much to refurnish and sell little- and took lot of work...groan) and i took some interest in other game systems and setting(Drive Thru is like a pusher for one like me...). But as usuall i will return to palladium(as i tend to do), expecially since my yearly attempt to convert BNW rpg in something more playable will ALWAYS END UP RECREATING EITHER RIFTS OR TECHNOMANCER SETTING huh????!?...
Hhhhmm well...when i come back to palladium, generally, i always stuck wiht HU and Nighbane(with AtB for good measure)....
"The baron is made of raw win. Search your feelings, you know it to be true."
Nytemare Rhosyn
D-Bee

well iv been trying to introduce ppl to nightbane in my area... just hard to do with so little for it thats up todate really...
Glistam
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by Glistam »

Maybe it's in the way you're selling it? The game's default timeline is set a decade ago, maybe sell it on nostalgia? A lot has changed in technology in the last decade. And with the Nightlords in control, innovation ground to a halt. So no smartphones, no tablets, even wireless internet was only found in big stores.

It's a dark conspiracy game that takes place a decade in the past, and the characters are also secretly monsters.

I really don't see how a newer book for the Nightbane line would improve these selling points.

Razorwing
Hero

Unread post by Razorwing »

To be honest... I always found that having a specific date for Dark Day was the biggest flaw in the setting... as it puts the game in a specific period of time (which we have since past).

Sure, wen it came out, March 6th 2000 seemed like a long way off... and even tapped into the fears of the Y2K hysteria... but now we are a decade and a half beyond that point... and the game is apparently stuck in that time period.

In most of the games I run... the actual date of Dark Day isn't set. This allows me to move when it happens to whatever time I feel is appropriate (the last game I ran had it on December 22, 2012... when the Mayan Calendar was slated to end). By not pinning down Dark Day to any specific date, one can move it to wherever one needs it to be... further into the past or further into the future to suit the needs of the game. I find making Dark Day within 5 years or so of the current date helps in keeping the feel of a "Modern Setting" for the game... with current events being relevant to the setting. This also makes hot issues in the news today (like regulating/censoring the internet) also something that needs to be dealt with in the game (like a fight to keep the internet free of Nightlord control efforts... actually being fought inside the Net by Nightbane Net Demons/Hackers).
There are three types of people in the world; those who can count and those who can't.
Glistam
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by Glistam »

Yeah, pinning down dates in canon always seems like a bad idea to me. It's easy enough to fix when you're running it but it does "date" the game when those dates come and pass.

Return to “Nightbane®”