Nightbane home brews

For the discussion of Nightbane™ and its supplements.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Can we as a group save nightbane?

Yes
79%
No
7%
Possibly?
14%
Probably not
No votes

Total votes: 14

Nytemare Rhosyn
D-Bee

Nightbane home brews

Unread post by Nytemare Rhosyn »

what did you come up with or allowed to increase the fun of your campaigns? i added religious chance to mine. It allows a religious character to receive "blessings" to help them if the follow their edicts or "curses" if the break them.
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Re: Nightbane home brews

Unread post by drewkitty ~..~ »

I have made some new talents and features. But too few to send in.

A better thing people can do is STOP asking for Rifts books and ask for NB books.
May you be blessed with the ability to change course when you are off the mark.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
Reading and writing (literacy) is how people on BBS interact.
Glistam
Megaversal® Ambassador
Comment: The silent thief of Rozrehxeson.

Unread post by Glistam »

I wasn't aware Nightbane needed saving. It's in no danger of not being used in my games - it's always an element of my Heroes Unlimited games, though how visible it is depends upon the player's actions.

Personally I've been working to flesh out a Nightlands version of the Heroes Unlimited city "Century Station." It lacks many details yet but it is functional enough that I could introduce it to my game finally.
Zerebus: "I like MDC. MDC is a hundred times better than SDC."

kiralon: "...the best way to kill an old one is to crash a moon into it."

Temporal Wizard O.C.C. update 0.8 | Rifts random encounters
New Fire magic | New Temporal magic
Grim Gulf, the Nightlands version of Century Station

Let Chaos Magic flow in your campaigns.
Nytemare Rhosyn
D-Bee

its just that no new content has been announced or even hinted at for it, seems like it got shoved aside for rifts. As for reason i made this was for people to post their homebrew stuff. Use the community to help each other with ideas an such.
In example the religuos thing i mentioned is that human characters can earn blessings of power for doing this to aid certain gods. For example within game a player worshiped cuthulu an in his madness "gifted" him a few mutations, i random rolled a few nightbane perks he got for a "cuthulu" givin form.
Glistam
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by Glistam »

I suppose this applies - in my Century Station Heroes Unlimited game there are Nightbane elements (one of my P.C.'s is a Nightbane Sorcerer). The Nightlord I've created for their city is named Rotiel and he has secretly created new/updated versions of the Hounds and Hunters. Currently they're held in secret reserve in Rotiel's tower; a surprise lying in wait for when the P.C. gets too curious and tries to infiltrate Rotiel's stronghold. Listed below are their stats.

Shadow Hounds
Spoiler:
    Shadow Hounds are made from an alloy of the traditional Darkmetal and the special black iron (dubbed "Shadow Steel") which Rotiel mines from beneath the ridge wall of Grim Gulf. These special Hounds are made from the same "molds" as regular Hounds, and thus share many of the same traits; they lust and desire after pain and fear, and they are excellent warriors and trackers. But they are far stronger and durable than their lesser counterparts.

Rotiel is believed to have made no less than ten of these monsters, but no more than one hundred. He maintains them as a secret reserve and thus far only releases them into the Labrynth of Grim Gulf in order to track down and destroy prey. When not in the Labrynth they can be found within the halls of his tower where they will gladly attack any intruders in order to allay their boredom.

Shadow Hounds appear to be clad in dull, shadowed black metal armor, fashioned to look like a skeletal figure. In reality, the "armor" is part of their body and cannot be removed. As only Rotiel creates these specialized Hounds, there is currently no variation in the looks or size of them. They are all cast from the same hellish mold. They wield Darkblade Greatswords also made from the same metal blend of their bodies, giving their weapons additional properties.

As an experimental creation these Shadow Hunters are durable, strong and stealthy but they lack the speed and quickness of their lesser counterparts.

Note: Shadowsteel Hounds are evil, supernatural predators who should not be played as player characters. Any creations which are not to Rotiel's liking are destroyed and studied in order to determine the cause of the failure.

Alignment: Diabolic (any who are not Diabolic are failed creations which should have been destroyed).

Attributes: I.Q. 2D4+1, M.E. 2D6+2, M.A. 3D4, P.S. 4D6+20, P.P. 3D4+6, P.E. 4D6+10, P.B. 1D6, Spd. 5D6. Supernatural Strength and Endurance.

Size: 7 feet tall. Weight: 450 lbs

A.R.: 14 against normal weapons (zero against magical and supernatural attacks).

S.D.C.: 400, Hit Points: P.E. × 3

Horror Factor: 14

P.P.E.: 1D4×10

Natural Abilities: Immune to all illusions and powers of concealment (can see through the Shroud Talent, normal invisibility spells, and any magical or psionic powers of disguise or camouflage); nightvision 2000 foot (610 m) range, expert tracker (track animals and humans at 80% proficiency), Natural Prowl ability at 60%, and the Shadowsteel aspect allows the Hound to Shadow Meld as per the spell at will.

Self-healing: Will heal all damage taken if allowed to stand still for an entire hour (enters a regenerative trance). Supernatural

Tracking: Can smell supernatural creatures and track them (range: 60 feet/18.3 m, base skill: 50% plus 5% per level).

Partial Invulnerability: Takes half damage from all non-magical weapons and attacks, and takes no damage from mundane (non-magical) fire

Combat: Equivalent to hand to hand: assassin, with one additional strike or attack per melee round, starting at level one.

Damage: Supernatural Strength (see the Supernatural Strength Table). Typically use Shadow Darksteel Greatswords, which provide a +2 to damage.

Bonuses: +1 to strike, parry and dodge, +4 save vs magic and psionics, +5 to save vs horror factor, +3 on all perception rolls, immune to illusions and concealment magic and psionics.

Magic Powers: None

Psionic Powers: None

Average Life Span: Unknown; may live for centuries.

Experience Level: 1D4. No Shadow Hound has yet progressed beyond the 4th level of experience.

Vulnerabilities/Penalties: Takes double damage from magic artifacts, weapons, Talents and powers/spells.

R.C.C. Skills: Minimal skills. Natural tracking 80%, Natural prowl 60%, can understand (but not speak) all languages magically. Swimming and climbing 98%; W.P. polearm and sword.

Alliances and Allies: These Shadowsteel Hounds serve Rotiel and his avatars. They are never given over to any of his underlings. They are a secret force that none currently know about. They have a superiority complex due to their special nature and have trouble working with other Hounds, Houndmasters or Hunters, but they will work well with the Pale Hunters (see below).

Weapons: Shadow Darkblade Greatsword (3D6+2 plus base P.S. damage plus supernatural P.S. damage, cuts through anything); rarely issued other weapons.

Body Armor: None; their metallic exoskeleton is all the armor they need.

Pale Hunters
Spoiler:
    Pale Hunters are the flying companions of the Shadow Hounds. They are created from an alloy of the traditional darkmetal and the special white steel (dubbed "Pale Steel") which Rotiel mines from beneath the ridge wall of Grim Gulf. Their appearance is similar to a regular Hunter except the Pale Hunters are a ghostly pale white. They share the Shadow Hounds' ego, as well as their love for hunting and murdering innocent victims.

Rotiel is believed to have made no less than ten of these monsters, but no more than one hundred. He maintains them as a secret reserve and thus far only releases them into the skies above the Labrynth and around his tower in Grim Gulf in order to track down and destroy prey. When not actively in use they can be found perched at or near the tower windows where they will gladly attack any intruders in order to allay their boredom.

As an experimental creation these Pale Hunters are durable, agile, and inhumanely flexible but they lack the strength of their lesser counterparts.

Note: Pale Hunters are evil, supernatural predators who should not be played as player characters. Any creations which are not to Rotiel's liking are destroyed and studied in order to determine the cause of the failure.

Alignment: Diabolic (any who are not Diabolic are failed creations which should have been destroyed).

Attributes: I.Q. 2D6+1, M.E. 3D6, M.A. 3D6, P.S. 3D6+10, P.P. 3D6+12, P.E. 3D6+8, P.B. 1D6, Spd. 1D6×10 on the ground, 2D6×10+60 flying. Supernatural Strength and Endurance.

Size: 7 feet tall. Weight: 350 lbs

A.R.: 12 against normal weapons (zero against magical and supernatural attacks).

S.D.C.: 180, Hit Points: P.E. ×3

Horror Factor: 16, P.P.E.: 1D4×10

Natural Abilities: Immune to all illusions and powers of concealment (can see through the Shroud Talent, invisibility spells, and any magical or psionic powers of disguise, illusion, or camouflage); nightvision 2000 foot (610 m) range, expert tracker (track animals and humans 80%), Damage resistance and lightning resistance.

Damage Resistance: The Pale Hunter ignores the first 20 points of damage from any attack, mundane or magical!

Self-healing: Unlike the other Hunters and Hounds, the Pale Hunter regenerates damage automatically at a rate of 2D6 per minute, without needing to stand still and enter a regenerative trance. Supernatural

Tracking: Can smell supernatural creatures and track them (range: 100 feet/30.5 m), base skill 40% plus 5% per level).

Partial Invulnerability: Takes half damage from all non-magical weapons and attacks. Mundane lightning does no damage, magical lightning does half damage

Combat: Equivalent to hand to hand: assassin, with one additional attack at level one.

Damage: Supernatural Strength (see the Supernatural Strength Table). Typically uses paired, curved daggers in combat (1D6 plus P.S. damage). Beak attack inflicts 3D6 S.D.C.

Bonuses: +3 on initiative when on the ground, but +5 to initiative in the air, +3 to strike, parry and autododge, +4 to autododge while flying, +6 to roll with punch, fall, or impact, +2 save vs magic and psionics, +5 to save vs horror factor, +3 on all perception rolls, immune to illusions and concealment magic and psionics.

Psionic Powers: None

Magic Powers: None

Average Life Span: Unknown; may live for centuries

Experience Level: 1D4. No Pale Hunter has progressed beyond the 4th level of experience.

Vulnerabilities/Penalties: Takes double damage from Artifact weapons and powers.

R.C.C. Skills: Minimal skills. Tracking (sight) 70%, can understand (but not speak) all languages magically. Swimming, acrobatics and climbing 98%; W.P. paired and dagger.

Alliances and Allies: These Whitesteel Hunters serve Rotiel and his avatars. They are never given over to any of his underlings. They are a secret force that none currently know about. They have a superiority complex due to their special nature and have trouble working with other Hounds, Houndmasters or Hunters, but they will work well with the Shadow Hounds (see above).

Weapons: Twin Pale Darkblade Daggers (1D6 plus base P.S. damage each, and +1 to strike. Cuts through anything).

Body Armor: None; their freakishly flexible metallic exoskeleton is all the armor they need.

Zer0 Kay
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by Zer0 Kay »

drewkitty ~..~ wrote:I have made some new talents and features. But too few to send in.

A better thing people can do is STOP asking for Rifts books and ask for NB books.

of course the other option is for KS to figure out he is not going to live forever and organize a proper business. Get a real marketing guy, compartmentalize, get each product under its own department, maybe even have rifts as a, pun not intentional, nexus that is the only place crossover is allowed. Get writers for specific titles, don't ONLY employ freelancers, but encourage them. Dare I say even mentor them or develop them into FTEs. KS retains reins, doesn't depend on self as writer except on pet projects, while maintaining continuity of storyline.
:thwak: you some might think you're a :clown: but you're cool in book :ok: :thwak:--Mecha-Viper
BEST IDEA EVER!!! -- The Galactus Kid
Holy crapy, you're Zer0 Kay?! --TriaxTech
Zer0 Kay is my hero. --Atramentus
The Zer0 of Kay, who started this fray,
Kept us laughing until the end. -The Fifth Business (In loving Memory of the teleport thread)
Nytemare Rhosyn
D-Bee

see i like this guys train of though, very much so, would be good for palldium to actually get there stuff togther... hell look at the robatech game kickstarter they pushed through all the ticked off people cuz they broke a few things
Zer0 Kay
Megaversal® Ambassador

Nytemare Rhosyn wrote:see i like this guys train of though, very much so, would be good for palldium to actually get there stuff togther... hell look at the robatech game kickstarter they pushed through all the ticked off people cuz they broke a few things

why thank you. I tried to convince KS to incorporate once I think he fears loosing the reigns. Which is likely due to a misunderstanding of how a corporation can be kept control of. Or maybe he saw a friends get taken out from under them, because that friend too did not understand how to maintain control. He can sell non-controlling shares or sell controlling shares but keep 51% or more, either way keeps him in control.
:thwak: you some might think you're a :clown: but you're cool in book :ok: :thwak:--Mecha-Viper
Kept us laughing until the end. -The Fifth Business (In loving Memory of the teleport thread)
Glistam
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by Glistam »

These are some strange home brews.

Zer0 Kay
Megaversal® Ambassador

Glistam wrote:These are some strange home brews.

Yeah but it happens with a mixed OP/Poll.
Nytemare Rhosyn
D-Bee

the gifts of gods is well balenced, if theres enough ppl that want them i can post them up.
Zer0 Kay
Megaversal® Ambassador

Nytemare Rhosyn wrote:the gifts of gods is well balenced, if theres enough ppl that want them i can post them up.

May be safer to email it to individuals who PM you for it... Then again if it is posted someone you sent it to later on cant say they came up with it and send it in as part of a Rifter article.
Nytemare Rhosyn
D-Bee

why im asking if any one her would like me to actually post the rules up. there moderately easy to tweak.
Zer0 Kay
Megaversal® Ambassador

Sure, go for it. As good a place as any.
Nytemare Rhosyn
D-Bee

Alright the rules for it are quite simple. as you do things in the name of said god or goddess you gain favor. In example. building a small shrine to the said divine is 1to 5 favor, if you build it an depending on the number of people you get to use it. 1 to 3 favor for converting a person to the faith. more favor the harder it is. 5 to 10 favor for converting a person of an opposing faith. in example Converting a worhiper of anubis to freya.
doing mission for said god gives favor based off what dm says it should give.

Spending favor requires 3 things
1: having favor to spend
2: a shrine to said god or altar
3: an offering ( perment ppe loss, things of true value permemnt isp)

What favor can be spent on
1: Nightbane talents that look like said god gave them. 20 favor per lvl of the night bane talent (can only gaint talents that would make sense to have from said god. (( cant get storm maker if you worship a god of clear skies)))
2: Spells 3 favor per lvl of the spell to lvl 10 then its 5 favor per lvl. (once again must fit the theme of said god.
3: 100-1000 favor to roll/ acquire a champion form (favor cost depends on the god minor gods its 100 major up to 1k) the champion form functions as a morphus for humans ( but you use your human stats as the base for what it gives) ((also with champion for 2 stats get plus 10, 2 get plus 5 they become supernatural (( stats must fit theme, god of wisdom aint making u punch harder...))
4: psychic powers 5 favor for minor 10 favor for master/ major
%: ppe/isp gain 5 favor gain 1d20 ppe/ 4d10 isp

there is drawbacks to this you must permanently burn ppe/isp or destroy something as an offering an there is a percent chance u burned an spent the favors an got nothing. the chance for failure starts at 10% an increases based off the following fasters
improper altar 30%
improper ritual 15%
altar of imposing god -20% ( they are pleased of what you have done)
dm can make more negitives or bonus's as they see are needed.

ppe/isp burned is always 1/4 the amount of favors needed to spend
gaby
Knight

Unread post by gaby »

Well,I love it,if some one come with New spells for Mirrormagic and other Magic,s Occ,New psionic powers for Pcc.
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Unread post by drewkitty ~..~ »

gaby wrote:Well,I love it,if some one come with New spells for Mirrormagic and other Magic,s Occ,New psionic powers for Pcc.

There are new mirror magic spells in the invented magic topic. In the magic & Psi forum.
However, they are like Waldo.....you got to find them.
May you be blessed with the ability to change course when you are off the mark.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
Reading and writing (literacy) is how people on BBS interact.

Return to “Nightbane®”