Nightlands Witch

For the discussion of Nightbane™ and its supplements.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Tor
Palladin
Comment: If you have something to say, back it up with thoughts and reasons. Simply posting to agree or disagree tends to be a waste.

Nightlands Witch

Unread post by Tor »

Does anyone see any problems with incorporating this variant of the Witch OCC from Rifts Dark Conversions into Nightbane?

I would call it a Ba'al Witch or Nightlord Witch though, since that's who they're linked to, not the Nightlands. Nightlands Witch makes me think of Shadow Warlocks in Nightlands since they actually are linked to it.

Although Nightlords aren't generally on the power level of AIs or greater demon/deevil lords, I'd say they certainly match or exceed the power level of several minor demon/deevil lords seen in various sourcebooks, so allowing them to have witches doesn't seem so bad.

I like how it adds a whole new component to the Cult of Night. Demons have both priests/witches so Night(lord) Priests / Ba'al Witches offer similar interesting chemistry.

Since they're MDC stats I'm wondering if anyone had any personal conversion ideas. I figure just make the armor SDC, possibly with a small AR of some sort (not sure if it should be natural or normal), and make it so all energy/fire does half (normally it's MD and SDC is immune), and I think the Release Energy attack should possibly do a bit more damage, perhaps double the MD as SDC? Or else reduce the PPE cost to 3 per d6.
"1st edition? 2nd edition? It doesnt matter! Let's just talk" -Forums of the Megaverse
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Re: Nightlands Witch

Unread post by drewkitty ~..~ »

It is not really applicable since they are not bridging the gulf between separate dimensions.

It would just be a normal witch, with just a NL being the one they made the pact with. So just the normal Witch stats would be applied to the NPC.
May you be blessed with the ability to change course when you are off the mark.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
Reading and writing (literacy) is how people on BBS interact.
Zenvis
Megaversal® Ambassador Coordinator

Unread post by Zenvis »

I tend to disagree, Tor. The idea that the Nightlords couldn't have Ba'al witches seems far fetched as they were powerful wizards before becoming 'gods' so I say go for it. I would adjust the PFRPG witch to a more modern time person. It would be similar but there could be some real play here.
Everything you can imagine is real. - Pablo Picasso
Imagination is more important than knowledge." but knowledge does help. - Albert Einstein
The gift of fantasy has meant more to me than my talent for absorbing positive knowledge. - Albert Einstein
My Blog and My Other Blog
Tor
Palladin
Comment: If you have something to say, back it up with thoughts and reasons. Simply posting to agree or disagree tends to be a waste.

Unread post by Tor »

Nightlands Witches basically are normal witches except they have a 'gift of the nightlords' pact option which sorta makes them semi-Night-Princes in toughness/life-steal
"1st edition? 2nd edition? It doesnt matter! Let's just talk" -Forums of the Megaverse

Return to “Nightbane®”