What do you think of Rifter 49,s Vampires?

For the discussion of Nightbane™ and its supplements.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

gaby
Knight

What do you think of Rifter 49,s Vampires?

Unread post by gaby »

What do you think Rifter 49,s Vampires?

What do you think is the best part of the Vampire,s info?

What are your favorite Vampires to use in Games?

What do you think is a Mistake?
Witchcraft
Dungeon Crawler

Re: What do you think of Rifter 49,s Vampires?

Unread post by Witchcraft »

Love 'em! I've incorporated those mechanics into my game. Age points and customizations and bloodlines -- it's almost reminiscent of VtM / VtR
There is no spoon.
Razorwing
Hero

Re: What do you think of Rifter 49,s Vampires?

Unread post by Razorwing »

I'm a little indifferent to the idea of the vampires in Rifter 49.

One of the things I found intreguing about Palladium's take on vampire lore is that it was unlike anything that has ever been done with them before.

The vampires in Rifter 49 while interesting undoes much of what Palladium has done to make their vampires truely unique from all the other versions present in all other games... it makes them more less the generic vampire you see in practically every fantasy setting. Yes, there are still tiers of power, but there is nothing really to make them stand out against all the other versions of vampires in all the other games.

While I can see some appeal to these versions of vampires... especially if one wants to make a more sympathetic creature that will test the morality of players (is he a victim or a monster), to me this is like turning the story of Dracula into a Twilight novel... not necissarily the way most people want to portay vampires in their game. If you want to do so... great... if not, then it isn't your cup of tea.
There are three types of people in the world; those who can count and those who can't.

Return to “Nightbane®”