I rolled one weird combination for my nightbane.

For the discussion of Nightbane™ and its supplements.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Shark_Force
Palladin

Re: I rolled one weird combination for my nightbane.

Unread post by Shark_Force »

huh. well, that's a tough one. no bones + skeleton, huh? however, it should be noted that the full description of no bones is not that you have no bones... but rather that your body is as flexible as if you had no bones. you can bend your arm not just at the elbow, but all across it. you *move* as if you had no bones.

so, i'd say that you're a skeleton, but the bones can bend all over the place (perhaps by visibly "breaking" if you want to make it almost like a stigmata). throw on some tattered medieval-looking finery, perhaps a tarnished crown, a great big sword (or whatever weapon of choice), and something to emphasize the mouth/face (representing the commanding voice) if you want.
Jedrious
Adventurer

Unread post by Jedrious »

Alternatively, have no visible body, but medieval trappings hanging on what would be a body, you know how in Daybreakers the vampires had only their clothes in their reflections, think like that, only not just in reflections
The Dark Elf
Rifter® Contributer
Comment: "So gentlemen, are you prepared to open your minds and travel to worlds hitherto undreamed of?"

Unread post by The Dark Elf »

Jedrious wrote:Alternatively, have no visible body, but medieval trappings hanging on what would be a body, you know how in Daybreakers the vampires had only their clothes in their reflections, think like that, only not just in reflections

I was gonna say similar.
Rifter 52 Cannibal Magic
Rifter 55 The Ancestral Mystic P.C.C.
Rifter 59 The Lopanic Games adventure "The Lion, the Ditch & the Warlock". Illustrations to this adventure can be found here.
Rifter 71 & 72 Double Issue Ninjas & Superspies adventure "On a Wing & a Prayer"
Rifter 80 Masters Unlimited
Warwolf
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: I am the Alpha of the Omega...
...The First of The Last...
...and this is the beginning of your end.

Unread post by Warwolf »

I dig Shark_Force's idea. Go with a tarnished crown, a royal cloak, and maybe some accenting jewelry. Like one of those old posable figures you could get for cheap with the wire at their core. :wink:
Yeah, everytime I see a blazingly obvious moron walking the streets... I think, "score one for the creationists..." ~ DLDC
Warwolf is right... you can sig that. ~ TGK
I refuse to participate in a battle of wits with an unarmed man. ~ Me
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Unread post by drewkitty ~..~ »

deballos wrote:my gm made a random roll chart to pick out morphus tables to try and incorporate all of the tables though all of the books. so while making my nightbane i got 1: Undead - skeletal form, 2: alien shape 2 - no bones, and 3: Medieval Fantasy Royalty - combo of 2 (Voice of command and Legendary Weapon). Our first game is in 2 weeks and he wont let me re-roll. So we are not trying to "discuss" what i actually am. He wants me to be the weapon for others to use.... I get to be equipment? I told him i get to be the weapon and i just get to move about as if I was being held. :? So i was hoping to get some other opinions as to how it should be played. Thanks in advance!

Ony

Personally I thing that the ": alien shape 2 - no bones" roll should of been re-rolled due to the first feature roll would of precluded it.

Having said that, you could have it that the morphus is a flexible skeletal like structure that can bend in the middle of the apparent bone.
May you be blessed with the ability to change course when you are off the mark.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
Reading and writing (literacy) is how people on BBS interact.
TechnoGothic
Knight

Unread post by TechnoGothic »

PLAYING Devil's Advocate ...

Go with being just the Sword/weapon.
However you POSSESS whoever holds you, you gain their Body as Your Body. No Save roll vs Possession for this. They pick you up, their body is YOURS until you put yourself down or decided to turn back into fascade form.

Ok done playing devil's advocate...

Slapp that GM up against the head, ok. If he is insisting you play a concept your not going to have fun playing, just don't play ... and let him know that.

I would suggest to him. Skeleton Body is fine, Weapon is fine. The No Bones part needs to be rerolled or allow you to pick something more in line with the other two parts. I'd go with the Facial Features : SKULL myself, and turn yourself into a Flaming Skeleton that is dressed in royality wear, and carries a weapon...
Kinda-like a Medieval Ghost Rider concept. Just no horse... GHOST KNIGHT or something...
TechnoGothic
END OF LINE

"The best things in life are to crush your enemies, drive them before you, and hear the lamentations of their women."-Conan
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

TechnoGothic wrote:PLAYING Devil's Advocate ...

Go with being just the Sword/weapon.
However you POSSESS whoever holds you, you gain their Body as Your Body. No Save roll vs Possession for this. They pick you up, their body is YOURS until you put yourself down or decided to turn back into fascade form.

...snip

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
Jedrious
Adventurer

deballos wrote:Thanks again everyone one. I went with your advice and told him i wouldnt play unless he let me re roll the no bones. After some whining he agreed to let me roll again. Then got all angry cus my roll gave me to much power ( Biomech Military hardware. rolled 97 for getting 2 rolls on table. Rolled 32 and 40 for walking battleship and battleship cannon.) so he demanded that i roll again and wouldnt let me use the same dice. I of course wanted to keep it. So now hes thinking on it. He tried to get me to go with the Medieval Fantasy - Wizard Table and make it a lich. but now i'm woundering if i want to play with him at all. Problem is 3 of the other 4 players will walk away with me if I do. I never gm'ed before so maybe i will try running my own game. Anyway, thanks for all the great advice. I glad that I posted, you guy rock!

Ony

Honestly, as a GM, I would have had you reroll on the same table, not reroll on the characteristics table...
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

you could (if your GM is a rifts fan) you could make up your Bio-Mech as a glliter-boy with the helmet ripped up so it looks like a crown and the faceplate ripped off showing a skull.

Or

If you make the mech like a LandMate [from the anime 'appleseed'] with the pilots compartment ripped up to be able to see a barebones of the 'pilot' inside. If you want to be creepy, having the pilot reacting like he is piloting a landmate. Giving him Briareos Hecatonchires' BFG to go along with the landmate looks, for the cannon feature.
Specter
Adventurer

Unread post by Specter »

deballos wrote:well i compromised with him jedrious. He let me pick another option from alien shape2. So now I am on fire, and I'm gonna look kinda like that revan posted (thanks :). Skeletal flaming king type guy. Now all i got to do is figure out what weapon of legend to use. I was thinking about Gungnir., Gáe Bulg, Amenonuhoko, or Lúin of Celtchar... or forget the spears and go for Mjölnir. Whats your fav weapons of myth?

Excalibur is what leaps to mind... then maybe Amenonuhoko but it doesn't fit unless you want to go with japanese royalty.
My dragon juicer died because of magical sock puppets. - ash_wednesday

hell id go on spectors pods- Cherico

keep Specter's ass out of my general area when he fells naked- Rayven

Specter "the poopy pants man"-CyberPaladin85

http://beautifuldiscord.blogspot.com My Poetry/Short Stories I want you to comment!
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

there is the Monkey King's 'Ruyi Jingu Bang'.
TechnoGothic
Knight

GOKU's Power Pole huh Drewkitty ? :lol: :lol:

Thors hammer sounds cool.
OHHH, you look like the ZOMBIE Thor from the comics. :lol:
TechnoGothic
END OF LINE

"The best things in life are to crush your enemies, drive them before you, and hear the lamentations of their women."-Conan
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

TechnoGothic wrote:GOKU's Power Pole huh Drewkitty ? :lol: :lol:
...snip

:roll: :roll:
No. the monkey king's staff from 'the journey west' story

yah, db's goku was based off the monkey king. but the is not anything that can be legionary. (except to anime-addicts.)
Sgt Anjay
Hero

Unread post by Sgt Anjay »

I'm fond of Laevateinn, if its to be a Deific weapon.
"Cuando amanece se van a inflictir, duros castigos y oscuros tormentos, a los que ni quieren ni dejan vivir" -'Posada de los Muertos'
TechnoGothic
Knight

The Sword of Power !!
By the Power of .... I have the Power !!
TechnoGothic
END OF LINE

drewkitty ~..~
Monk

TechnoGothic wrote:The Sword of Power !!
By the Power of .... I have the Power !!

:roll: :roll: :roll:
TechnoGothic
Knight

Millions of people know about the sword of power ... its legendary. :D
TechnoGothic
END OF LINE

drewkitty ~..~
Monk

TechnoGothic wrote:Millions of people know about the sword of power ... its legendary. :D

How many generations? Two?

Legendary means something like it a famous item from 20 or more generations ago.
Jedrious
Adventurer

drewkitty ~..~ wrote:
TechnoGothic wrote:Millions of people know about the sword of power ... its legendary. :D

Legendary means something like it a famous item from 20 or more generations ago.

Legendary used to require that many generations for the majority of civilization to know the legend, now Legendary just requires a Viral Video
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

amodernheathen wrote:
Jedrious wrote:
drewkitty ~..~ wrote:

Legendary used to require that many generations for the majority of civilization to know the legend, now Legendary just requires a Viral Video

Or a trilogy of movies, followed later by an earlier trilogy of movies.

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Thank you for giving the examples of the misuse of the word Legendary.
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Okay, it is accurate common use, misuse.
abe
Hero

Unread post by abe »

how about a lightsaber then?
howdey folks!!!!!!!!
Mad Cow Milk
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Mad Cow Milk »

deballos wrote:my gm made a random roll chart to pick out morphus tables to try and incorporate all of the tables though all of the books. so while making my nightbane i got 1: Undead - skeletal form, 2: alien shape 2 - no bones, and 3: Medieval Fantasy Royalty - combo of 2 (Voice of command and Legendary Weapon). Our first game is in 2 weeks and he wont let me re-roll. So we are not trying to "discuss" what i actually am. He wants me to be the weapon for others to use.... I get to be equipment? I told him i get to be the weapon and i just get to move about as if I was being held. :? So i was hoping to get some other opinions as to how it should be played. Thanks in advance!

Ony

[joke] Tell your GM he watches too much Soul Eater.[/joke]
abe
Hero

Unread post by abe »

don't forget about other contries versions of royalty for inspiration!

EDIT: Thread necro
howdey folks!!!!!!!!
Zer0 Kay
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by Zer0 Kay »

Yeah what is the American royalty? The gubment or entertainers?
:thwak: you some might think you're a :clown: but you're cool in book :ok: :thwak:--Mecha-Viper
BEST IDEA EVER!!! -- The Galactus Kid
Holy crapy, you're Zer0 Kay?! --TriaxTech
Zer0 Kay is my hero. --Atramentus
The Zer0 of Kay, who started this fray,
Kept us laughing until the end. -The Fifth Business (In loving Memory of the teleport thread)

Return to “Nightbane®”