POH 2018 Game Feedback BTS: All Quiet on the Western...What?

For discussion of the Palladium Open House, both past (May 2006 & May 2007) and possible future Open Houses. Who's going, games you're running or looking to play, etc.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Mr. Jays
Megaversal® Ambassador

POH 2018 Game Feedback BTS: All Quiet on the Western...What?

Unread post by Mr. Jays »

Greetings!

Like a lot of us, even I suspect Kevin, I am always looking to improve my games and my GMing. On that note, I am looking for feedback from anyone who played in my Beyond the Supernatural "All Quiet on the Western....What?" game. What did you like about it? What did you not like about it? Did you like your character? What do you wish could have been different? Any suggestions? Criticisms? Please express anything you want to about the game ESPECIALLY negative comments. Those are the most useful in helping me improve.

Thank-You
Mr. Jays
--- author of "All Quiet on the Western.....What?" Rifter 84
Jack Burton
Megaversal® Ambassador

Re: POH 2018 Game Feedback BTS: All Quiet on the Western...W

Unread post by Jack Burton »

Mr. Jays wrote:Greetings!

Like a lot of us, even I suspect Kevin, I am always looking to improve my games and my GMing. On that note, I am looking for feedback from anyone who played in my Beyond the Supernatural "All Quiet on the Western....What?" game. What did you like about it? What did you not like about it? Did you like your character? What do you wish could have been different? Any suggestions? Criticisms? Please express anything you want to about the game ESPECIALLY negative comments. Those are the most useful in helping me improve.

Thank-You
Mr. Jays

LOVED IT! I really enjoyed taking a contemporary game like BtS and then being immersed in the era and feel of WWI. I also liked the random encounter table for No Man's Land.

My first suggestion would be to provide a more descriptive map. The map we used made it difficult to determine where our party/characters were, the distances between machine gun nests/HQ, and the general distance the characters were from various obstacles or NPCs. Perhaps an erasable mat with some tokens on it to represent the characters would work. Interestingly enough, I had little or no problem with there not being a map for the pits. I was able to envision those pretty well.

Also, we almost had a situation where a Part 1 player wasn't able to sign up because when the sign up sheets went up, he wasn't aware and barely squeaked into Part 2. My suggestion is to somehow ensure the Part 1 players get first dibs on Part 2. That sounds administrative with whoever is running the Con or Open House.

Both are pretty easy fixes, I think. All in all, a wonderful job! My wife and I commented to each other that you had your hands more than full but still managed to keep it together! Well played!

Return to “Palladium Open House”