POH 2018 favorite game?

For discussion of the Palladium Open House, both past (May 2006 & May 2007) and possible future Open Houses. Who's going, games you're running or looking to play, etc.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Zer0 Kay
Megaversal® Ambassador

POH 2018 favorite game?

Unread post by Zer0 Kay »

My favorite game was one I got to play with Greg Diaczyk that was ran by Matt Moody named "Murdering the Orient Express" it was a pretty light hearted Rifts game... or we ended turning it into that. But Greg was playing a Butter Troll and my son was playing a Horune Pirate named President Abraham Lincoln and he owned another PC that was a living plant. His pet ended up licking the butter troll and later my son's character did. Later after a murder the Sheriff and his deputy (me, I am playing a crazy wired gun slinger) get on board and the butter troll (who is some sort of technical genius) has the plasma axe, which is assumed to be the murder weapon. I approach and retrieve the weapon and... notice the wonderful cinnamon roll smell... so I lick the butter troll. So many times for the rest of the weekend either Greg's making a comment about licking him, telling the story or my son and I were either asked if we were the butter troll lickers or others over hearing the conversation commented "... oh that was YOU guys" all of which I repeatedly and often reminded... "the plant did it first". Chuck has now dubbed Greg "Butter Troll" instead of "Wayne's clone" and I'm a freaking butter troll kicker. :lol:
:thwak: you some might think you're a :clown: but you're cool in book :ok: :thwak:--Mecha-Viper
BEST IDEA EVER!!! -- The Galactus Kid
Holy crapy, you're Zer0 Kay?! --TriaxTech
Zer0 Kay is my hero. --Atramentus
The Zer0 of Kay, who started this fray,
Kept us laughing until the end. -The Fifth Business (In loving Memory of the teleport thread)
Veknironth
Hero

Re: POH 2018 favorite game?

Unread post by Veknironth »

Well, it's a tie for me. First was MADMAN Mike's thieves game. From what I understand, Mike had a rough outline and we just put together this super elaborate plan that I don't think any of us expected. I can't remember the names of the two guys next to me but they were fantastic, as was Peter Porcaro. It's the most elaborate and complex plan I've ever seen employed in a game. We even had back up plans that we didn't get to use.

Tied with it was Levi's Lothrel coda. Super high level dungeon crawl, that was tense for almost 5 straight hours. The highs of early luck with dice contrasted with the lows of poor rolls and a hot streak by the GM. My buddy Novell was rolling so poorly that he started rolling a d12 along with his d20 and more than half of the time the d12 was higher than the d20.

-Vek
"Oh,and James Brown is really good as a GM."
zerombr
Adventurer
Comment: Rifter Contributer 79, 81,82,83,84

Unread post by zerombr »

Glen Evans' Peacemakers game, we had a great crew and a ton of laughs all the way through, I'm regretful that my recorder missed out on part of it.
"The Guides to the Megaverse(tm)" Podcast at https://guidesmegaverse.podbean.com/
Author of "Setting the Stage" - Rifter 79, "Hitting the Streets" - Rifter 81, "Hitting the Gym" - Rifter 82
"Saving the World", and "On the Hunt" - Rifter 83
and lastly, my baby, my long term project... The Dark City of Cascade - Rifter 84.
Mr. Jays
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by Mr. Jays »

My favorite game was the BTS one I ran "All Quiet of the Western....What?" But my favorite moment was in Julius's Walker Megaversal Game. I was in this drug lord's villa trying to break in to a secure door where the person we were trying to rescue was being held. My espionage agent's PS was 18 and, I wasn't making much progress. My friend Jared's character shows up with a PS of 42. He tries to break down the door. He rolls a 5. The door gives, the walls crack, but it is still holding. Julius has Jared make a perception roll. He gets a 4. I make a perception roll. I roll of 5. The we are both dumbfounded and staring at the door. The conversation goes like this:

Jared: (Staring at the door) I don't understand. This has never happened to me before.
Me: This has never happened to you before.
Jared: I know!
--- author of "All Quiet on the Western.....What?" Rifter 84
Glistam
Megaversal® Ambassador
Comment: The silent thief of Rozrehxeson.

Unread post by Glistam »

I really enjoyed Greg Diaczyk's Hardware Unlimited game. It really whet my appetite for the (hopefully) eventual release of Hardware Unlimited.
Zerebus: "I like MDC. MDC is a hundred times better than SDC."

kiralon: "...the best way to kill an old one is to crash a moon into it."

Temporal Wizard O.C.C. update 0.8 | Rifts random encounters
New Fire magic | New Temporal magic
Grim Gulf, the Nightlands version of Century Station

Let Chaos Magic flow in your campaigns.
Reagren Wright
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: The greatest part of the writer's time is spent in reading, in order to write: a man will turn over half a library to make one book. - Samuel Johnson, 1775

Unread post by Reagren Wright »

zerombr wrote:Glen Evans' Peacemakers game, we had a great crew and a ton of laughs all the way through, I'm regretful that my recorder missed out on part of it.

Fantastic game I must say. Well played.
Jack Burton
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by Jack Burton »

Glistam wrote:I really enjoyed Greg Diaczyk's Hardware Unlimited game. It really whet my appetite for the (hopefully) eventual release of Hardware Unlimited.

What day did you play that on?
Fell
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by Fell »

Jason Richards Arzno game was fun, seeing him destroy his own world.. priceless ;)

Reelman (James) ran a Super Fun CS game with a big awesome map, lots of fun.
Dan Frederick
Glistam
Megaversal® Ambassador
Comment: The silent thief of Rozrehxeson.

Unread post by Glistam »

Jack Burton wrote:
Glistam wrote:I really enjoyed Greg Diaczyk's Hardware Unlimited game. It really whet my appetite for the (hopefully) eventual release of Hardware Unlimited.

What day did you play that on?

Friday night.
Zerebus: "I like MDC. MDC is a hundred times better than SDC."

kiralon: "...the best way to kill an old one is to crash a moon into it."

Temporal Wizard O.C.C. update 0.8 | Rifts random encounters
New Fire magic | New Temporal magic
Grim Gulf, the Nightlands version of Century Station

Let Chaos Magic flow in your campaigns.
Reelman
Megaversal® Ambassador Coordinator
Comment: Eliminating that not so fresh feeling from the world of role playing.

Unread post by Reelman »

Fell wrote:Jason Richards Arzno game was fun, seeing him destroy his own world.. priceless ;)

Thanks so much, glad you enjoyed it!
Zer0 Kay
Megaversal® Ambassador

Reelman wrote:
Fell wrote:Jason Richards Arzno game was fun, seeing him destroy his own world.. priceless ;)

Thanks so much, glad you enjoyed it!

Hey Jason what was up with that other GM group that was mentioned during closing ceremonies? Why aren't they MAs why are they supported by KS instead of suggested to merge? And when is someone going to tell me if the King County area in WA has an MA?
:thwak: you some might think you're a :clown: but you're cool in book :ok: :thwak:--Mecha-Viper
Kept us laughing until the end. -The Fifth Business (In loving Memory of the teleport thread)
Razur
D-Bee

Unread post by Razur »

My favorite game was Matt Moody's After The Bomb game Saturday night.
He brought a lot of energy and excitement, which was contagious.
I was concerned because of the kids, but actually it would've been less fun without them.
"Octopus style!" *waves arms around*
Zer0 Kay
Megaversal® Ambassador

Razur wrote:My favorite game was Matt Moody's After The Bomb game Saturday night.
He brought a lot of energy and excitement, which was contagious.
I was concerned because of the kids, but actually it would've been less fun without them.
"Octopus style!" *waves arms around*

Matt is energy and excitement. If he didn't bring it I'd be worried. I've never had a more hyper "eccentric" BtS GM... of course the humor of this Cthuluesque game was probably amped up by Auntie :)
Grand Paladin
Adventurer

Unread post by Grand Paladin »

Veknironth wrote:Well, it's a tie for me. First was MADMAN Mike's thieves game. From what I understand, Mike had a rough outline and we just put together this super elaborate plan that I don't think any of us expected. I can't remember the names of the two guys next to me but they were fantastic, as was Peter Porcaro. It's the most elaborate and complex plan I've ever seen employed in a game. We even had back up plans that we didn't get to use.

Tied with it was Levi's Lothrel coda. Super high level dungeon crawl, that was tense for almost 5 straight hours. The highs of early luck with dice contrasted with the lows of poor rolls and a hot streak by the GM. My buddy Novell was rolling so poorly that he started rolling a d12 along with his d20 and more than half of the time the d12 was higher than the d20.

-Vek
"Oh,and James Brown is really good as a GM."

Veknironth- Thanks for the praise, man, it was a blast playing in Mike's game with you guys! It's true, there were backup plans, comic relief (can anyone say "backflipping dwarf off a balcony while juggling knives that goes horribly wrong in THE most hysterical way possible?!"), over-the-top roleplaying, and kick-ass fights!

Best- Grand Paladin, aka Peter
"In America the President reigns for four years and journalism governs forever and ever. "
— Oscar Wilde
"I reject your reality and substitue my own!"
— Adam Savage, Mythbusters

Return to “Palladium Open House”