Your thoughts/suggestions for Palladium Kickstarter Con???

For discussion of the Palladium Open House, both past (May 2006 & May 2007) and possible future Open Houses. Who's going, games you're running or looking to play, etc.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Spinachcat
Megaversal® Ambassador

Your thoughts/suggestions for Palladium Kickstarter Con???

Unread post by Spinachcat »

We need your help!

There is a volunteer team of fans are working on a Kickstarter to fund another Palladium Open House style event. But it would be in a hotel, maybe near the Palladium warehouse, but all sorts of other options are being considered too.

We are now receiving bids and information from a number of hotels in a 20 mile radius of PB. Depending on these results, we may be expanding the search to 50 miles which includes Toledo and Ann Arbor. We are seeking an okay hotel with lots of meeting space at a good price. The goal is hotel that costs around $100/night and the more bennies the better, but the most important aspect beyond price is the amount of meeting space and how we can configure that space for maximum fun. AKA, we are trying to avoid the giant deafening ballroom, but also avoid the weird small rooms scattered everywhere.

This thread is asking for more fan involvement. We want your thoughts and suggestions. Be positive. This is totally doable thing. Several RPG conventions have been launched via Kickstarter.

IMMEDIATE TOPIC FOR EVERYONE!!!

The current frontrunner hotel is the Holiday Inn Livonia.
https://www.ihg.com/holidayinn/hotels/u ... oteldetail

The Motor City Steam Con was just there and the Conclave40 scifi convention will be there in October
http://www.motorcitysteamcon.com/
http://conclavesf.net/hotel/

Any of you familiar with this hotel?

The Holiday Inn Livonia is rated 3.4 stars, but its got lots of meeting room. I noted the Steampunk Con in July got $89 per night and the SciFi con in October got $106 per night as their rate. That's a $17 swing. Anyone know anything about these two events??

As for WHEN??? we are working on that too. Let's first get a couple of A grade choices for the venue and based on their 2017 and 2018 schedules, we can work on the When next. No point in choosing a date until we know what proper venues exists.

Also, feel free to bombard us with questions too!
Soldier of Od
Hero

Re: Your thoughts/suggestions for Palladium Kickstarter Con?

Unread post by Soldier of Od »

We stayed at the Holiday Inn Livonia for the last Palladium Open House in 2015. Was fine. Didn't have any problems with it. There is a big open space in the middle of the hotel which includes a few open communal areas, the gym and the swimming pool. Some of the rooms look out onto this area and therefore have no outside windows. Didn't see the meeting rooms but they look fine on the website. I'd be happy to see a new Open House here.
Rifter Contributor:
Rifter 61 – Purebred animal templates for Mutants in Avalon (After the Bomb)
Rifter 77 & 78 – Khemennu, City of the Eighteen Cosmic Gods (Palladium Fantasy)
Rifter 83 – The Prophet O.C.C. (Palladium Fantasy)
Rifter 83 – Half-Ogres (Palladium Fantasy)
Rifter 84 – Spellbound O.C.C. (Nightbane)
Rifter 85 – Relics of Empire: Elven Cities of the Old Kingdom (Palladium Fantasy)
zyanitevp
Champion
Comment: Check out our Twitch stream!

Unread post by zyanitevp »

Ok folks, this is only real if we get some input... so anyone want to give us some??
Broadcasting live twitchtv
My Twitter
Now Playing Savage Rifts as a Trimadore TechnoWizard
Image Image
Juce734
Megaversal® Ambassador
Comment: Game On!

Unread post by Juce734 »

I live fairly local but another hotel out of Ann Arbor that would work great is Weber's. Has a couple nice and large rooms. The actual hotel is top notch and has a nice restaurant and bar located in it. The room rates are close to $100 a night and it is right off of I94.
Games: Savage Rifts, Fantasy Age, Dragon Age, Dungeons and Dragons Fifth Edition, Heroes Unlimited, TMNT, Ninjas and Superspies, and Rifts
Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/MasterTheGameRPG (please check out)
Website: https://www.rpgjuce.com/master-the-game-rpg-link-tree
XarXar
D-Bee

Unread post by XarXar »

I think this would be a great idea I was not aware of the first 2 open houses and would venture a trip cross country for this event.
dpenwood
Megaversal® Ambassador
Comment: Life is like a potato; sometimes it's brown, but sometimes it's green.

Unread post by dpenwood »

I love the idea. I was at the last two open houses, and happily did the drive to/from Boston. I'd do it again. I'd also definitely support a KickStarter.

Unfortunately, I don't know Michigan too well so I can't really help with hotel experiences.

Question though: is the staff at Palladium on board with this? Will they be involved in the planning?
zyanitevp
Champion
Comment: Check out our Twitch stream!

Unread post by zyanitevp »

dpenwood wrote:I love the idea. I was at the last two open houses, and happily did the drive to/from Boston. I'd do it again. I'd also definitely support a KickStarter.

Unfortunately, I don't know Michigan too well so I can't really help with hotel experiences.

Question though: is the staff at Palladium on board with this? Will they be involved in the planning?

They have been involved with discussions
Broadcasting live twitchtv
My Twitter
Now Playing Savage Rifts as a Trimadore TechnoWizard
Image Image
keir451
Champion
Comment: We came, We saw, We kicked it's butt!!-P. Venkman
My real physics defeats your quasi physics!!!

Unread post by keir451 »

Count me in!! I'm not overly familiar with Ann Arbor or Detroit, but I'll gladly donate funds and volunteer to help where I can!
My real world Physics defeats your Quasi-Physics!!!
Bubblegum Crisis, best anime/sci-fi/ for totally hot babes in Power Armor.!!!!
Magic. Completely screws logic at every opportunity. (credit due to Ilendaver)

Return to “Palladium Open House”