Crowd funding/kickstarting the next Open House

For discussion of the Palladium Open House, both past (May 2006 & May 2007) and possible future Open Houses. Who's going, games you're running or looking to play, etc.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Yes.
57%
No.
23%
Maybe.
20%

Total votes: 30

Alpha 11
Palladin

Unread post by Alpha 11 »

As everyone knows (hopefully), but Kevin said the last Open House had a good chance of being the last one. The reasons being is that their wear house is getting on the small side, with everything that is there and then having a couple hundred people coming to the event. Plus, Kevin and crew are getting on in years, and it takes a lot to set up their place for the event. I heard from one of the staff that they had looked into renting a place to do these a few years ago, but it would have cost at the time $12,000 to $15,000. In a few years, if we held a new OH, it will most likely cost $15,000+, so my friend at the last OH, during the question and answer part on the last day, said that we should crowd fund/kickstart the next one. Every one there loved the ideal, and Kevin said he would think about it. After some quick thinking, if 200 people gave $100 each, that would be $20,000! That would be more then enough to rent a place! If 300 gave $100 each, that would be $30,000! With that, they could hire some people to run it for them. We could get the Thur. night meal catered to us instead of Kathy (I think that's her name) making all the food. They won't have to have volunteers have to run the cash register and handle the food, they could participate the whole time! And that would make Kevin's job a hole lot easier. As for the pledge leaves, some of them could be t-shirts, dice from the different game lines, and for the last, maybe a private meal with Kevin and company on the last day of the OH. The event stops at around 5 pm on Sunday. Plenty of time to go for a nice sit down meal someplace. So what do you think? Ideals?
Scott Gibbons
Palladium Books® Staff

Re: Crowd funding/kickstarting the next Open House

Unread post by Scott Gibbons »

I am all for this - the Open house is well worth the effort it would take to get this going.
A wise man once said, "Only a fool takes offense where none was intended." I repeat this good advice to myself at least once a day.

Calm, reasoned discourse is the best way to change minds; too bad all the calm & reason in the world can't open a willfully closed mind.
FatherMorpheus
Megaversal® Ambassador
Comment: Rifts is a framework, if you don't like part of it don't use it.

Unread post by FatherMorpheus »

This goes along with my idea of figuring out a way to make it less work for the PB staff.

Basically allow the normal staff to just show up. Have everything else done for them.
ffranceschi
Adventurer
Comment: "In Absentia Lucis, Tenebrae Vincunt"
Location: Republic of Cordoba, Silver River Republics (Montevideo, Uruguay)

Unread post by ffranceschi »

An excellent idea! Count me in!
Head of Northern Gun Research and Development

"I'm ready man, check it out. I am the ultimate badass! State-of-the-badass-art!" - Private Hudson, ALIENS (1986).
Alpha 11
Palladin

FatherMorpheus wrote:This goes along with my idea of figuring out a way to make it less work for the PB staff.

Basically allow the normal staff to just show up. Have everything else done for them.

Exactly! Little to no work for them! :D
Hendrik
Rifter® Contributer
Comment: What is genius? A Victim OCC (BtS 1st ed, p. 193 ss)! The ultimate hero is a victim conquering adversity.

Unread post by Hendrik »

Count me in, 2017 would be great (I really have to start saving now, kind of, but I would not mind at all to pay the odd extra buck to get an OH!).
Handouts for Operation Minotaur (BtS Adventure published in RIFTER #83) Get them at the fabulous "House of BtS"![/quote]

May all your hits be crits!
FatherMorpheus
Megaversal® Ambassador

2017?!?! Darn it! I was wanting 2016!!!

Though I understand, this is a large expense for a lot of people.
Scott Gibbons
Palladium Books® Staff

Hendrik wrote:Count me in, 2017 would be great (I really have to start saving now, kind of, but I would not mind at all to pay the odd extra buck to get an OH!).

FatherMorpheus wrote:2017?!?! Darn it! I was wanting 2016!!!

Yeah, I'd love to do it annually, but that would break my bank - every two years is about the best I could do.

I'd love to see the costume/cosplay contest in the next OH. It's so much fun!
A wise man once said, "Only a fool takes offense where none was intended." I repeat this good advice to myself at least once a day.

Calm, reasoned discourse is the best way to change minds; too bad all the calm & reason in the world can't open a willfully closed mind.
zyanitevp
Champion
Comment: Check out our Twitch stream!

Unread post by zyanitevp »

Absolutely in and will do the gaming schedule again
Broadcasting live twitchtv
My Twitter
Now Playing Savage Rifts as a Trimadore TechnoWizard
Image Image
Alpha 11
Palladin

Involved Observer wrote:
Hendrik wrote:Count me in, 2017 would be great (I really have to start saving now, kind of, but I would not mind at all to pay the odd extra buck to get an OH!).

FatherMorpheus wrote:2017?!?! Darn it! I was wanting 2016!!!

Yeah, I'd love to do it annually, but that would break my bank - every two years is about the best I could do.

I'd love to see the costume/cosplay contest in the next OH. It's so much fun!

Ya, LOVE playing in your games!
Zer0 Kay
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by Zer0 Kay »

I'd add one thing, I didn't see that the crowd funding people getting the VIP Thurs-Sun tickets for their 100. Maybe a nice name tag that is different from everyone else's?
:thwak: you some might think you're a :clown: but you're cool in book :ok: :thwak:--Mecha-Viper
BEST IDEA EVER!!! -- The Galactus Kid
Holy crapy, you're Zer0 Kay?! --TriaxTech
Zer0 Kay is my hero. --Atramentus
The Zer0 of Kay, who started this fray,
Kept us laughing until the end. -The Fifth Business (In loving Memory of the teleport thread)
FatherMorpheus
Megaversal® Ambassador

I really am excited by this idea. Though a few items.

I was looking at your numbers, you may be estimating a little low.

For those have been married, and paid for said events may know 20k for 200 to 300 people for 4 days may be a bit low.

The cheapest part of the previous POH was the venue. If we have to pay for one for 4 days, that could run a great deal right there.

Staff and support. Yes you could get lots of volunteers, but just remember you get what you pay for with volunteers. That is to say you can only expect about 50% of the usual work. So you end up need 1.5x the people you would normally need.

Event insurance... Cost a bit, and a lot of places required it.

One idea, to get a better feel for actual costs start calling around (or email) venues where we can hold it. Get estimates. Then go from there.
The Dark Elf
Rifter® Contributer
Comment: "So gentlemen, are you prepared to open your minds and travel to worlds hitherto undreamed of?"

Unread post by The Dark Elf »

Ofc I'm in.

2017 is more viable for overseas but I'd be there either way.
I wouldn't want them to launch a 2016 KS and have it fail as it wouldn't likely see another attempt.

One thing I would like to see for the extended goals is a celebrity game-I've always wanted a YouTube video similar to the D&D Pax games (acquisitions inc.).
Fund a professional film and editing crew and record four of the freelancers/artists (inc Kevin Ofc) PLAYING Rifts.
Demo that the rules work, the games are as balanced as u need them to be, and it's fun!

PS I dOnt mind GMing it either.
Rifter 52 Cannibal Magic
Rifter 55 The Ancestral Mystic P.C.C.
Rifter 59 The Lopanic Games adventure "The Lion, the Ditch & the Warlock". Illustrations to this adventure can be found here.
Rifter 71 & 72 Double Issue Ninjas & Superspies adventure "On a Wing & a Prayer"
Rifter 80 Masters Unlimited
zyanitevp
Champion

The Dark Elf wrote:Ofc I'm in.

I wouldn't want them to launch a 2016 KS and have it fail as it wouldn't likely see another attempt.

One thing I would like to see for the extended goals is a celebrity game-I've always wanted a YouTube video similar to the D&D Pax games (acquisitions inc.).
Fund a professional film and editing crew and record four of the freelancers/artists (inc Kevin Ofc) PLAYING Rifts.
Demo that the rules work, the games are as balanced as u need them to be, and it's fun!

Great idea, but we would have to add the filming to the costs....
My Twitter
Image Image
The Dark Elf
Rifter® Contributer
Comment: "So gentlemen, are you prepared to open your minds and travel to worlds hitherto undreamed of?"

Unread post by The Dark Elf »

zyanitevp wrote:
The Dark Elf wrote:Ofc I'm in.

Great idea, but we would have to add the filming to the costs....

Ofc - but only if we reach the stretch goals, ergo the cost would be covered...
Rifter 52 Cannibal Magic
Rifter 55 The Ancestral Mystic P.C.C.
Rifter 59 The Lopanic Games adventure "The Lion, the Ditch & the Warlock". Illustrations to this adventure can be found here.
Rifter 71 & 72 Double Issue Ninjas & Superspies adventure "On a Wing & a Prayer"
Rifter 80 Masters Unlimited
Alpha 11
Palladin

FatherMorpheus wrote:I really am excited by this idea. Though a few items.

I was looking at your numbers, you may be estimating a little low.

For those have been married, and paid for said events may know 20k for 200 to 300 people for 4 days may be a bit low.

The cheapest part of the previous POH was the venue. If we have to pay for one for 4 days, that could run a great deal right there.

Staff and support. Yes you could get lots of volunteers, but just remember you get what you pay for with volunteers. That is to say you can only expect about 50% of the usual work. So you end up need 1.5x the people you would normally need.

Event insurance... Cost a bit, and a lot of places required it.

One idea, to get a better feel for actual costs start calling around (or email) venues where we can hold it. Get estimates. Then go from there.

Just going by what the guy I talked to. If its on the low side, how much would it been then, in your opinion? And great ideals for stretch goals! Any more ideals for stretch goals, or the money pledges?
Fell
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by Fell »

Be it 2016 or 2017, I would go. Interested too :)
Dan Frederick
Scott Gibbons
Palladium Books® Staff

I love the idea of the celebrity game!

Here are a few more ideas for stretch goals:

- if a certain dollar amount is reached, then we could have a free open breakfast bar on one or more mornings, things like cereals, donuts, fruits, muffins, etc.

- An extra day! Instead of running Friday - Sunday, it would go Thursday - Sunday, and the VIP night would be moved to Wednesday evening.

- Having "celebrity" guests like Kevin Long or Jolly Blackburn come for one or more days (the money from this level would be used to pay their airfare, room and board, to entice them to come, etc.)

- Commemorative bags given out to all attendees (yeah, I know, generic idea, but it would still be fun to have).

- Free caricature booth, manned 2 or 3 at a time by various freelancers who would draw your likeness in whatever adventuring garb you like; the money from this level would go to the freelancer artists doing the work. I would LOVE to have a pic like this from Mumah, or Walton, or both! :-)

And now for a silly donation-level prize :clown: :

- If you contributed $50 or maybe $100, you could get a shirt that Kevin wore for at least 15 minutes during the Open House! (Limit 10 - 15 people) That's right, get an actual article of clothing worn by the man himself! Frame and enshrine it on your wall! Cuddle with it at night! Use it to make your very own Kevin voodoo doll... Umm, ok, maybe this isn't such a good idea after all...

Zer0 Kay
Megaversal® Ambassador

Fell wrote:Be it 2016 or 2017, I would go. Interested too :)

Hey, ya gonna come up north and pick me up?
:thwak: you some might think you're a :clown: but you're cool in book :ok: :thwak:--Mecha-Viper
Kept us laughing until the end. -The Fifth Business (In loving Memory of the teleport thread)
zyanitevp
Champion

Involved Observer wrote:I love the idea of the celebrity game!

- if a certain dollar amount is reached, then we could have a free open breakfast bar on one or more mornings, things like cereals, donuts, fruits, muffins, etc.

- An extra day! Instead of running Friday - Sunday, it would go Thursday - Sunday, and the VIP night would be moved to Wednesday evening.

- Having "celebrity" guests like Kevin Long or Jolly Blackburn come for one or more days (the money from this level would be used to pay their airfare, room and board, to entice them to come, etc.)

- Commemorative bags given out to all attendees (yeah, I know, generic idea, but it would still be fun to have).

- Free caricature booth, manned 2 or 3 at a time by various freelancers who would draw your likeness in whatever adventuring garb you like; the money from this level would go to the freelancer artists doing the work. I would LOVE to have a pic like this from Mumah, or Walton, or both! :-)

- If you contributed $50 or maybe $100, you could get a shirt that Kevin wore for at least 15 minutes during the Open House! (Limit 10 - 15 people) That's right, get an actual article of clothing worn by the man himself! Frame and enshrine it on your wall! Cuddle with it at night! Use it to make your very own Kevin voodoo doll... Umm, ok, maybe this isn't such a good idea after all...

Liked all of these except t-shirt and extra day
My Twitter
Image Image
Fell
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by Fell »

OMG you have a Kevin Voodoo doll too!

Oh you were joking........never mind.
Dan Frederick
Fell
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by Fell »

Zer0 Kay wrote:

Suuuure. I'll steal a patrol car from work and come get you. ;)
Dan Frederick
Zer0 Kay
Megaversal® Ambassador

Fell wrote:
Zer0 Kay wrote:

Suuuure. I'll steal a patrol car from work and come get you. ;)

Yeah... lights all the way.
Alpha 11
Palladin

Involved Observer wrote:I love the idea of the celebrity game!

Interesting ideal. As for the last one: :lol: :lol:
Glistam
Megaversal® Ambassador
Comment: The silent thief of Rozrehxeson.

Unread post by Glistam »

I would happily support a kickstarter for another open house. I would also support a kickstarter for the Rifts board game that was demo'd at the open house. I'm ready to make these things happen.
Zerebus: "I like MDC. MDC is a hundred times better than SDC."

kiralon: "...the best way to kill an old one is to crash a moon into it."

Temporal Wizard O.C.C. update 0.8 | Rifts random encounters
New Fire magic | New Temporal magic
Grim Gulf, the Nightlands version of Century Station

Let Chaos Magic flow in your campaigns.
Scott Gibbons
Palladium Books® Staff

Glistam wrote:I would also support a kickstarter for the Rifts board game that was demo'd at the open house.

Thanks! From the info obtained during the Open House, Kevin/Palladium is definitely interested in producing it but there won't be much going forward on that front until Wave Two of RRT is done. For now, I am working on the first two expansions packs of the game, so those should hopefully be able to come out in short order after the board game itself.

I would LOVE for the Rifts board game to be the next big product launch for PB, and then have tournaments for it and RRT at the next Open House!

Alpha 11
Palladin

Involved Observer wrote:
Glistam wrote:I would also support a kickstarter for the Rifts board game that was demo'd at the open house.

Thanks! From the info obtained during the Open House, Kevin/Palladium is definitely interested in producing it but there won't be much going forward on that front until Wave Two of RRT is done. For now, I am working on the first two expansions packs of the game, so those should hopefully be able to come out in short order after the board game itself.

I would LOVE for the Rifts board game to be the next big product launch for PB, and then have tournaments for it and RRT at the next Open House!

:ok: Would also go for that! And would do both! And be in one of your games! :D
say652
Palladin
Comment: Avid Cyborg and Braka Braka enthusiast.

Unread post by say652 »

Why not just rent a pavilion and have it outside?
Alpha 11
Palladin

say652 wrote:Why not just rent a pavilion and have it outside?

And then the rain came...
FatherMorpheus
Megaversal® Ambassador

Alpha 11 wrote:

Or it was super hot and humid...
Alpha 11
Palladin

FatherMorpheus wrote:
Alpha 11 wrote:

Or it was super hot and humid...

Ya, like it was this year. At least, in their building, they could plug in fans. Out side, you wouldn't even have that. And if we rent a place, it will be air conditioned! :D
FatherMorpheus
Megaversal® Ambassador

I'm working on doing my own mini-convention in my area in March 2016. I'm going to post updates here for reference for when we start doing things for POH convention.

First quote from a venue that can house about 150 people. $55.00 per hour for rental of space. This includes tables, chairs, setup and tear down. For a 3 day event for one of the rooms that runs into just shy of $2000. But hey, we would have heating and AC....

Looking for more quotes. :)
Alpha 11
Palladin

FatherMorpheus wrote:I'm working on doing my own mini-convention in my area in March 2016. I'm going to post updates here for reference for when we start doing things for POH convention.

First quote from a venue that can house about 150 people. $55.00 per hour for rental of space. This includes tables, chairs, setup and tear down. For a 3 day event for one of the rooms that runs into just shy of $2000. But hey, we would have heating and AC....

Looking for more quotes. :)

That doesn't sound to bad. If we go by that amount, it would be $5830 for 300 people, 3 days, plus VIP Thur. You must live in a smaller city then Detroit, because that is the only reason that it might cost 3 times that amount that I've heard.
Alpha 11
Palladin

As of this post, 239 people have looked at this, but only 11 have voted. That 's weird.
Scott Gibbons
Palladium Books® Staff

Alpha 11 wrote:As of this post, 239 people have looked at this, but only 11 have voted. That 's weird.

Not necessarily - the view count is just how many times 'anyone' has clicked on this thread to look it over, including the same people getting into the thread multiple times. It's entirely possible that all 239 views were generated by just the 11 people who have voted.

Alpha 11
Palladin

Involved Observer wrote:
Alpha 11 wrote:As of this post, 239 people have looked at this, but only 11 have voted. That 's weird.

Not necessarily - the view count is just how many times 'anyone' has clicked on this thread to look it over, including the same people getting into the thread multiple times. It's entirely possible that all 239 views were generated by just the 11 people who have voted.

After counting the number of posts, I'll have to agree, that that is possible. Any ideals for some stretch goals?
FatherMorpheus
Megaversal® Ambassador

Alpha 11 wrote:After counting the number of posts, I'll have to agree, that that is possible. Any ideals for some stretch goals?

Well, before stretch goals. Lets formalize what we want the base goal to be? So we can have a base budget to work from?

What should the basic fee get you? Just access to the convention? Keep in mind the 3-day admission was only $45 and the VIP was an additional $87.
Alpha 11
Palladin

Well, you also have to remember, not everyone can come, but some of those might still want to help out. Maybe a special thank you card? Like a post card? That should be easy to do. Though, if we put coming, into this, the people who come, via this, should get something extra. So, maybe something like this. Start with the card, then maybe a t-shirt, hat, a drawing from an artist of your choice. Maybe, a guaranty place at one of Kevin's games? And also, like I said, dice. With the logos for Rifts, HU2, Splicers, etc., on them. Laser written glasses, for another?
FatherMorpheus
Megaversal® Ambassador

OK, so how about something like this:
This is all off the cuff

$5.00 USD
* Thank you card saying thank you to helping support Palladium Open House 2017!

$15.00 USD
* Thank you Card and Palladium Open House Dog Tags

$25.00 USD
* Special (to be designed) Palladium Open House T-Shirt

$35.00 USD

$50.00 USD
* Ticket to the Convention

$75.00 USD

$100.00 USD
* Slot for one of Kevin's Games

$150.00 USD
* Access to VIP Night to include dinner and more smaller Q&A with Kevin and Company
Glistam
Megaversal® Ambassador
Comment: The silent thief of Rozrehxeson.

Unread post by Glistam »

$1 The feeling of satisfaction that you have contributed towards the Palladium Open House 2017.

I would maybe have a slot for Kevin's game be a special game, and obviously you need the approval from the man himself for that. Either one of his games, or no more than half of the slots for the games, but don't allow all his game slots to be filled in this manner.
Zerebus: "I like MDC. MDC is a hundred times better than SDC."

kiralon: "...the best way to kill an old one is to crash a moon into it."

Temporal Wizard O.C.C. update 0.8 | Rifts random encounters
New Fire magic | New Temporal magic
Grim Gulf, the Nightlands version of Century Station

Let Chaos Magic flow in your campaigns.
FatherMorpheus
Megaversal® Ambassador

Glistam wrote:$1 The feeling of satisfaction that you have contributed towards the Palladium Open House 2017.

I would maybe have a slot for Kevin's game be a special game, and obviously you need the approval from the man himself for that. Either one of his games, or no more than half of the slots for the games, but don't allow all his game slots to be filled in this manner.

Agreed. A $1 satisfaction of giving money would be cool.

As for KS's games, he would totally have to agree to do games. And I like the idea of having a set number of slots per game that would be filled in this fashion. The rest would be open slots as per normal. This way someone could guarantee their slot if they so choose.
Alpha 11
Palladin

FatherMorpheus wrote:
Glistam wrote:$1 The feeling of satisfaction that you have contributed towards the Palladium Open House 2017.

Agreed. A $1 satisfaction of giving money would be cool.

As for KS's games, he would totally have to agree to do games. And I like the idea of having a set number of slots per game that would be filled in this fashion. The rest would be open slots as per normal. This way someone could guarantee their slot if they so choose.

I was on the same wavelength as you for all of that. At $175 or $200, we could have the picture drawing. Maybe even help make a character, new race of beings, robot, etc. of your chose for one of the game lines, to appear in the next book that comes out next, in that line. But if we get the go ahead for that, it will most likely be limited. So we would most likely have to put it in the upper part of the giving part. So most likely it would be in the $300s and up. And the meal with Kevin, say $500 or up?

FatherMorpheus wrote:OK, so how about something like this:
This is all off the cuff

$5.00 USD

$15.00 USD

$25.00 USD

$35.00 USD

$50.00 USD

$75.00 USD

$100.00 USD

$150.00 USD
* Access to VIP Night to include dinner and more smaller Q&A with Kevin and Company

Great break down.
Alpha 11
Palladin

Also, they should have tickets, like they usally do, because some people might only have the money to come, but not help out. So they can buy the tickets like normal.
zyanitevp
Champion

FatherMorpheus wrote:OK, so how about something like this:
This is all off the cuff

$5.00 USD

$15.00 USD

$25.00 USD

$35.00 USD

$50.00 USD

$75.00 USD

$100.00 USD

$150.00 USD

If this is on top of ticket cost, perhaps.
My Twitter
Image Image
FatherMorpheus
Megaversal® Ambassador

One thing which came up in conversations regarding another convention I'm working on putting together is issue of a Kickstarter reward including the Ticket/Badge. Yes, the goal of the kickstarter would be to fund the convention so that it would happen. BUT if for some reason costs were too high or things broke down if the Convention couldn't be held they would have these worthless tickets to non-happening convention.

I can see two easy options, the first being don't include convention tickets as a reward but a coupon to dramatically reduce the price ticket of the ticket should the convention take place. The second would be to ensure the kickstarter was all or nothing. Either it covers all the costs based on an inflated budget or the convention doesn't happen.

I bring this up because right now for a very small convention I'm working on with 4 other people and we are all pledging to put our own money into the project just to get it off the ground. I don't think for the Palladium Open house that would be fair or possible if there are several of us working on this idea remotely.

Regardless, we would also want to be able to sell tickets/badges to the event outside of the kickstarter.

On another topic, I'm wondering about how we would legally arrange for the Open House. I mean we may have to get our own liability insurance and setup our own LLC so that it is its own legal entity. OR we would need to reach out to KS (and Palladium) to be the real parent company and a group of us act on their behalf to set all of this up.

If people are really serious about this whole idea, I think we will need to form a board/committee who will agree to work through the various details. Of course that is where it gets sticky on who will be able to commit time to really driving through the details to make this happen.

Maybe it we are approaching the time when we need to start really getting down to brass tax on who wants to sign up to this commitment?

Thoughts?
Alpha 11
Palladin

FatherMorpheus wrote:One thing which came up in conversations regarding another convention I'm working on putting together is issue of a Kickstarter reward including the Ticket/Badge. Yes, the goal of the kickstarter would be to fund the convention so that it would happen. BUT if for some reason costs were too high or things broke down if the Convention couldn't be held they would have these worthless tickets to non-happening convention.

I can see two easy options, the first being don't include convention tickets as a reward but a coupon to dramatically reduce the price ticket of the ticket should the convention take place. The second would be to ensure the kickstarter was all or nothing. Either it covers all the costs based on an inflated budget or the convention doesn't happen.

I bring this up because right now for a very small convention I'm working on with 4 other people and we are all pledging to put our own money into the project just to get it off the ground. I don't think for the Palladium Open house that would be fair or possible if there are several of us working on this idea remotely.

Regardless, we would also want to be able to sell tickets/badges to the event outside of the kickstarter.

On another topic, I'm wondering about how we would legally arrange for the Open House. I mean we may have to get our own liability insurance and setup our own LLC so that it is its own legal entity. OR we would need to reach out to KS (and Palladium) to be the real parent company and a group of us act on their behalf to set all of this up.

If people are really serious about this whole idea, I think we will need to form a board/committee who will agree to work through the various details. Of course that is where it gets sticky on who will be able to commit time to really driving through the details to make this happen.

Maybe it we are approaching the time when we need to start really getting down to brass tax on who wants to sign up to this commitment?

Thoughts?

I think the best way would be to get Palladiums approver and work on their behave. It seems the easiest way to go. Like I said before, Palladium looked into this in the past, so if we ask, they might give us all their notes and stuff of what info they have from that. Then take it form there. That way it would be better then starting from nothing. BTW, what type of convention are you doing?
FatherMorpheus
Megaversal® Ambassador

Alpha 11 wrote:I think the best way would be to get Palladiums approver and work on their behave. It seems the easiest way to go. Like I said before, Palladium looked into this in the past, so if we ask, they might give us all their notes and stuff of what info they have from that. Then take it form there. That way it would be better then starting from nothing. BTW, what type of convention are you doing?

This actually is a great idea. Have you reached out to them officially already? If we use them, and it is a great idea, we will want to setup some clear roles and responsibilities so we can move forward under their umbrella and not get bogged down with having to wait for them approving or doing things for us.

As for convention my small group is putting on, it is a small (~200 people? Maybe if we are lucky) gaming convention which will have Board Games, Table Top RPGs, Miniature Games and CCG (Magic mainly).
Alpha 11
Palladin

FatherMorpheus wrote:
Alpha 11 wrote:I think the best way would be to get Palladiums approver and work on their behave. It seems the easiest way to go. Like I said before, Palladium looked into this in the past, so if we ask, they might give us all their notes and stuff of what info they have from that. Then take it form there. That way it would be better then starting from nothing. BTW, what type of convention are you doing?

This actually is a great idea. Have you reached out to them officially already? If we use them, and it is a great idea, we will want to setup some clear roles and responsibilities so we can move forward under their umbrella and not get bogged down with having to wait for them approving or doing things for us.

As for convention my small group is putting on, it is a small (~200 people? Maybe if we are lucky) gaming convention which will have Board Games, Table Top RPGs, Miniature Games and CCG (Magic mainly).

No, I haven't ask them. Please remember, I just started this out of curiosity to see if people were really interested. And as for your convention, it sounds cool! If I lived near by, I would have tried really hard to go to it. :twisted: And just to warn you, IF you push this on to me, I'm dragging you with me. :twisted:
zyanitevp
Champion

Let me help- it needs to not only be approved by Palladium, but they will crowd source it in house.
My Twitter
Image Image
Alpha 11
Palladin

zyanitevp wrote:Let me help- it needs to not only be approved by Palladium, but they will crowd source it in house.

First, if we do it, we will need all the help we can get. And yes, we would ask them, that is a given. Remember, I started this just to see if there was enough interest to even think out doing it. Never even crossed my mind to actually be the one to try and to it, and I've never done anything like this before, and I'm not the leader type, more of a follower.

Return to “Palladium Open House”