Open House Attire?

For discussion of the Palladium Open House, both past (May 2006 & May 2007) and possible future Open Houses. Who's going, games you're running or looking to play, etc.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Jeremy_Black
D-Bee
Comment: "My gym is dark magic, and my protein shake is rage."

Open House Attire?

Unread post by Jeremy_Black »

Boy have I discovered that I am a total newbie when it comes to Cons and long road trips in general... I think my nerves are getting to me as my planning and packing gets started.

Is the Palladium Open House all casual dress, jeans and t-shirts (specifically RPG, Super Hero, Sci-Fi, Fantasy t-shirts of course)?

Is VIP night any different? More business casual, going out with friends casual?

P.S. Too bad there's no official costume contest. I'm not much of a costumer myself these days, but I love that sort of thing and would love to see any costumes that people bring anyway.

-A
I asked my wife to guess the name of my friend's old BSN character, which was a Pearl Jam reference.
"Oh, something like Jeremy Black?" she says without hesitation.
"Nope... but I like that character name better!"
-A
Reagren Wright
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: The greatest part of the writer's time is spent in reading, in order to write: a man will turn over half a library to make one book. - Samuel Johnson, 1775

Re: Open House Attire?

Unread post by Reagren Wright »

Imagine if the cast of Big Bang Theory invited 100 of their closest friends to hang out for 4 days. Lots of Palladium
attire. Kev and company keep the warehouse pretty comfortable. I'm going to do a weather check for the Detroit
area just to help me plan as well.
Alpha 11
Palladin

Unread post by Alpha 11 »

Jeremy_Black wrote:Boy have I discovered that I am a total newbie when it comes to Cons and long road trips in general... I think my nerves are getting to me as my planning and packing gets started.

Is the Palladium Open House all casual dress, jeans and t-shirts (specifically RPG, Super Hero, Sci-Fi, Fantasy t-shirts of course)?

Is VIP night any different? More business casual, going out with friends casual?

P.S. Too bad there's no official costume contest. I'm not much of a costumer myself these days, but I love that sort of thing and would love to see any costumes that people bring anyway.

-A

Yep, all casual dress. I'll be sporting Sci-fi and other such shirts. And I'll kind of be in costume for the RTT tournament.

Reagren Wright wrote:Imagine if the cast of Big Bang Theory invited 100 of their closest friends to hang out for 4 days. Lots of Palladium
attire. Kev and company keep the warehouse pretty comfortable. I'm going to do a weather check for the Detroit
area just to help me plan as well.

I've been keeping an eye on the weather myself already. So far, it looking ok.
Jeremy_Black
D-Bee
Comment: "My gym is dark magic, and my protein shake is rage."

Unread post by Jeremy_Black »

Thank you very much!

I've got plenty of fun t-shirts to bring, as I'm sure we all do. :)

I just didn't want to underdress for Kathy's fine catered dinner I keep reading about, nor did I want to be the only one in a tie... (unless that tie was somehow awesome)

Thanks again! See you all there!
-A
I asked my wife to guess the name of my friend's old BSN character, which was a Pearl Jam reference.
"Oh, something like Jeremy Black?" she says without hesitation.
"Nope... but I like that character name better!"
-A
flatline
Knight

Unread post by flatline »

If you want to stand out from the crowd, wear a tux.

--flatline
I don't care about canon answers. I'm interested in good, well-reasoned answers and, perhaps, a short discussion of how that answer is supported or contradicted by canon.

If I don't provide a book and page number, then don't assume that I'm describing canon. I'll tell you if I'm describing canon.
FatherMorpheus
Megaversal® Ambassador
Comment: Rifts is a framework, if you don't like part of it don't use it.

Unread post by FatherMorpheus »

Shorts, sandals, and comfortable shirt.

Please do wear clothing, otherwise that could get uncomfortable... For all of us. :)
Alpha 11
Palladin

FatherMorpheus wrote:Shorts, sandals, and comfortable shirt.

Please do wear clothing, otherwise that could get uncomfortable... For all of us. :)

:lol: :lol: :lol: :frazz: :eek:
Scott Gibbons
Palladium Books® Staff

Unread post by Scott Gibbons »

:lol: This thread just reminded me of this.

http://www.kiwikiki.com/collections/dungeons-dragons/products/you-reach-out-to-push-the-orc-of-the-ledge?variant=1463528833

If I weren't already tapped out on the POH I'd so be ordering one of these!
A wise man once said, "Only a fool takes offense where none was intended." I repeat this good advice to myself at least once a day.

Calm, reasoned discourse is the best way to change minds; too bad all the calm & reason in the world can't open a willfully closed mind.
NMI
OLD ONE

Unread post by NMI »

And I here I was going to wear my Tuxedo

if I had a tuxedo that is!
"Freedom is the recognition that no single person, no single authority or government has a monopoly on the truth, but that every individual life is infinitely precious, that every one of us put on this world has been put there for a reason and has something to offer."
Megaversal Ambassador Coordinator
My GoFund Me - Help Me Walk Again
flatline
Knight

Unread post by flatline »

NMI wrote:And I here I was going to wear my Tuxedo

Everyone should own their own tuxedo.

--flatline
I don't care about canon answers. I'm interested in good, well-reasoned answers and, perhaps, a short discussion of how that answer is supported or contradicted by canon.

If I don't provide a book and page number, then don't assume that I'm describing canon. I'll tell you if I'm describing canon.
Armorlord
Hero

Unread post by Armorlord »

I was going to dress nice for Thursday. Probably leave the ties at home though, I intend to eat at some point, and eating with a tie only invites trouble for that tie.
Talking to you is sort of the conversational equivalent of an out-of-body experience. -Susie (Calvin and Hobbes)
It's not impossible, it's just really unfair. :( -Trance Gemini (Andromeda)
Tarnow and Romanov: Neighbors!

Politeness is not a shield, and criticism is not a sword to swing repeatedly.
Alpha 11
Palladin

Involved Observer wrote::lol: This thread just reminded me of this.

http://www.kiwikiki.com/collections/dungeons-dragons/products/you-reach-out-to-push-the-orc-of-the-ledge?variant=1463528833

If I weren't already tapped out on the POH I'd so be ordering one of these!

:lol: :lol:

NMI wrote:And I here I was going to wear my Tuxedo

:lol:

Armorlord wrote:I was going to dress nice for Thursday. Probably leave the ties at home though, I intend to eat at some point, and eating with a tie only invites trouble for that tie.

Just dress in a t-shirt and jeans .
MADMANMIKE
Comment: The Emolancer

Unread post by MADMANMIKE »

I'm wearing the same thing I wear to work.. Cargo pants and a Palladium T-Shirt.
Minions - Character Sheets <---- UPDATED LINK TO MY DA PAGE!!!
Must repeat my mantra: As a genius, I am not qualified to make the assessment "it doesn't take a genius to figure this out."
Jerell
Hero

Unread post by Jerell »

That sounds like what I wear when NOT at work....
MADMANMIKE
Comment: The Emolancer

Unread post by MADMANMIKE »

Jerell wrote:That sounds like what I wear when NOT at work....

It's one of the best things about my job.. ;)
Minions - Character Sheets <---- UPDATED LINK TO MY DA PAGE!!!
Must repeat my mantra: As a genius, I am not qualified to make the assessment "it doesn't take a genius to figure this out."

Return to “Palladium Open House”