Costumes!!!

For discussion of the Palladium Open House, both past (May 2006 & May 2007) and possible future Open Houses. Who's going, games you're running or looking to play, etc.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Scott Gibbons
Palladium Books® Staff

Costumes!!!

Unread post by Scott Gibbons »

Ok, so who all is going to bring a costume for the contest? Anyone wanna share?

My wife, my son and I all plan on dressing up. My wife and I have Rifts based costumes, while my son is doing one from Heroes Unlimited.
A wise man once said, "Only a fool takes offense where none was intended." I repeat this good advice to myself at least once a day.

Calm, reasoned discourse is the best way to change minds; too bad all the calm & reason in the world can't open a willfully closed mind.
Prysus
Champion

Re: Costumes!!!

Unread post by Prysus »

Greetings and Salutations. Well, if I can go, I have been debating about one particular costume to wear. I don't know if I'll have the time or finances to pull it off (not complicated, but I'll be busy between now and then), but if I manage to go (bought the tickets, but have a few things I still need to iron out) I'm going to try for it. I'm avoiding specifics (because I'd like it to be a surprise), but I'll say that it's a Mumah piece (if I remember correctly). If it turns out I can't do it, then I'll make let you know what I was going to try and do. Thank you for your time and patience, please have a nice day. Farewell and safe journeys for now.
Living the Fantasy (fan website)

Rifter #45; Of Bows & Arrows (Archery; expanding rules and abilities)
Rifter #52; From Ruins to Runes (Living Rune Weapons; playable characters and NPC)
Rifter #55; Home Away From Home (Quorian Culture; expanded from PF Book 9: Baalgor Wastelands)

Official PDF versions of Rifter #45, #52, and #55 can be found at DriveThruRPG.
Subjugator
Palladium Books® Super Fan

Unread post by Subjugator »

I'm trying to figure one out. I might do a proper Crazy suit this year. We'll see.

/Sub
There's a reason...and a very good one...that I have certain people in this forum blocked both here and on Facebook.

I can see an illustration of that nearly every time I come here.
Akashic Soldier
Knight
Comment: Theres space for a paper airplane race in the eye of a hurricane.

Unread post by Akashic Soldier »

Shinitenshi wrote:If I can I'll be dressing up as one of Mumah's pieces. If not then after last year I won't be dressing up.

Are you going to go as the Thunderduck?

I'd pay to see that.
"I flew back to the states just to vote for Trump."
Mumpsimus can be defined as someone who obstinately clings to an error, bad habit or prejudice, even after the foible has been exposed.
I will not answer posts/questions/accusations by people on my foes list.
The Ugly Truth - Carl Gleba on the Cabal of 24.
Rifts® Online: Megaversal Highway.
Mierin
D-Bee

Unread post by Mierin »

Akashic Soldier wrote:
Shinitenshi wrote:If I can I'll be dressing up as one of Mumah's pieces. If not then after last year I won't be dressing up.

Are you going to go as the Thunderduck?

I'd pay to see that.

How about if she dressed up as the Pink Sonic Cyber Death-Bunny of Dooooom!!!?
"They say that all the world is a stage. But obviously the play is unrehearsed and everyone is adlibbing their lines! Maybe that's why it's so hard to figure out if we're in a tragedy or a farce. We need more special effects and dance numbers." -- Calvin & Hobbes
mumah
Palladium Books® Freelance Artist
Comment: Attacking gazeebos since 1883!

Unread post by mumah »

That may be a winner.
"I remember your work." -Amy "The Unicorn" Ashbaugh
"What a talented schmoe." -Brian Manning
"Someday I'll be half as cool as Mumah." -Brian Manning
"Apollo Okamura drove here across the Atlantic from Japan." -Sarah Aten
Prysus
Champion

Unread post by Prysus »

Greetings and Salutations. Well, since my Open House plans got cruely dashed by real life and work (*Grumble.* *Grumble.* *Grumble.*), I figured I should what I was planning (as I said I would). My plan had been ...

To dress up as a Quorian, in particular the Quorian from Rifter #55 over the Riftlord O.C.C. drawn by Mumah. I was going to do body paint and all (you can't see that in his black and white picture, but they have purple skin as can be seen on the Baalgor Wastelands cover and read in their physical descriptions from that book). Thought about practicing speaking in an alien dialect, honing my vocal talents to carry the quiet voice (no yelling!) but still aim for intimidating (as mentioned in my cultural write-up). I thought it would have been fun. Something kind of different, something I wrote, and still in the contest because it's something that Mumah drew. But now that I can't go ... *shrugs.*

Anyways, just following up. I'm a man of my word, so I hope you enjoyed. Thank you for your time and patience, please have a nice day. Farewell and safe journeys to all.

P.S. As a note to Mumah, I still want to talk with you about getting prints, copies, original or some version of those two pictures from you. In 2010 I targeted Chuck Walton for his work in Rifter 45. This year it was going to be you. Ah well, some other time.
Living the Fantasy (fan website)

Rifter #45; Of Bows & Arrows (Archery; expanding rules and abilities)
Rifter #52; From Ruins to Runes (Living Rune Weapons; playable characters and NPC)
Rifter #55; Home Away From Home (Quorian Culture; expanded from PF Book 9: Baalgor Wastelands)

Official PDF versions of Rifter #45, #52, and #55 can be found at DriveThruRPG.
mumah
Palladium Books® Freelance Artist
Comment: Attacking gazeebos since 1883!

Unread post by mumah »

Hey, I do commission work all the time. So shoot me an email at artofmikemumah@gmail.com or contact me via Facebook. We'll work something out.
"I remember your work." -Amy "The Unicorn" Ashbaugh
"What a talented schmoe." -Brian Manning
"Someday I'll be half as cool as Mumah." -Brian Manning
"Apollo Okamura drove here across the Atlantic from Japan." -Sarah Aten

Return to “Palladium Open House”