POH 2012: What games would you like to play?

For discussion of the Palladium Open House, both past (May 2006 & May 2007) and possible future Open Houses. Who's going, games you're running or looking to play, etc.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

What games would you like to play?

Poll ended at Fri Apr 27, 2012 9:27 am

After the Bomb
3%
Beyond the Supernatural
10%
Dead Reign
14%
Heroes Unlimited
10%
Mechanoids
5%
Nightbane
10%
Ninjas & Superspies
3%
Palladium Fantasy
9%
Recon
No votes
Rifts
16%
Rifts Chaos Earth
6%
Robotech
8%
Splicers
3%
Systems Failure
4%

Total votes: 79

Hendrik
Rifter® Contributer
Comment: What is genius? A Victim OCC (BtS 1st ed, p. 193 ss)! The ultimate hero is a victim conquering adversity.

POH 2012: What games would you like to play?

Unread post by Hendrik »

Hi there,

as part of the pleasant anticipation of the POH 2012, it being only 158 days left or so, I have been thinking what kind of games I would like to play (as a player) and thought: what about y'all?

Above a list of the Pally games. As you can see, to be as neutral as possible, I have made the list alphabetically.

What would you like to play?

You have 4 choices. If you plan to GM it would be great if you will please include your game megaversial system/setting as well. GM's play, too, right? And, I think it makes the poll squarer. :-D

I have never made a poll. I don't think you can nominate each topic more than once, e.g. if you only want to play RIFTs you will not be able to clicke Rifts 4 times. However, you are warmly invited to leave your preferences as a comment / post in this thread.

Personally, I found even 4 options extremely hard because there is so much I would like to play or try out. Well, I guess as with many of y'all I had to make a hard choice ... but as I will hopefully be able to play more than 4 games (!), I hope to be able to play especially Splicers and PFRPG beyond my choices: BtS, Dead Reign, Heroes Unlimited and Nightbane.

Cheers
Hendrik
Last edited by Hendrik on Mon Nov 28, 2011 4:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Handouts for Operation Minotaur (BtS Adventure published in RIFTER #83) Get them at the fabulous "House of BtS"![/quote]

May all your hits be crits!
Prysus
Champion

Re: POH 2012: What games would you like to play?

Unread post by Prysus »

Greetings and Salutations. I went with Palladium Fantasy. I'd also debate about BtS, Nightbane, and Dead Reign. Primarily because I don't mind the theme, but something about a more modern setting like that feels like it's easier (at least in my mind) to have a self-contained story.

Though, I mostly responded to say ... ... ... you forgot System Failure. For shame on you. :P

Okay, that is all for now. Thank you for your time and patience, please have a nice day. Farewell and safe journeys for now.
Living the Fantasy (fan website)

Rifter #45; Of Bows & Arrows (Archery; expanding rules and abilities)
Rifter #52; From Ruins to Runes (Living Rune Weapons; playable characters and NPC)
Rifter #55; Home Away From Home (Quorian Culture; expanded from PF Book 9: Baalgor Wastelands)

Official PDF versions of Rifter #45, #52, and #55 can be found at DriveThruRPG.
Hendrik
Rifter® Contributer
Comment: What is genius? A Victim OCC (BtS 1st ed, p. 193 ss)! The ultimate hero is a victim conquering adversity.

Unread post by Hendrik »

Oiweh,

sorry, guys!!!

Ashamed that I forgot Systems Failure I added it in the EDIT modus ... and that apparently killed all results so far.

Please kindly re-cast your vote.

Kind regards
Hendrik

PS: I left TMNT out intentionally, dear Prysus, as I understand that can no longer be supported...
Handouts for Operation Minotaur (BtS Adventure published in RIFTER #83) Get them at the fabulous "House of BtS"![/quote]

Hendrik
Rifter® Contributer

Unread post by Hendrik »

Panomas wrote:Hendrik-Geez if you thought it was horrible just say so!! lol-still waiting on your (important) opinion-lol

I know, I know. Sorry, I am head under water in RL and giving my opinion in due form requires time - reading mainly - that is hard to come by at the moment. My apologies, I have not forgotten. And, if it were horrible ... I would say, no worries :) Cheers, Hendrik

Hendrik
Rifter® Contributer

Unread post by Hendrik »

Hi there,

alright ... 34 votes to date. Cool, there is a lot of interest in BtS and Dead Reign, love those! And - to be expected - a like high number for RIFTS.

Let's see where this goes, please go on voting!

Those of you who already voted but whose votes where deleted - inadvertently! - by me when I added Systems Failure, please recast your vote.

Cheers
Hendrik

rat_bastard
Kreelockian
Comment: Maybe if my sig line is clever enough someone will finally love me.

Unread post by rat_bastard »

I'm going to run a game called The Hunt where you murder criminals in a maze for cash and prizes, its not a palladium system game its just a fun one off con game.
"If a child shows a particular abundance of pity for fools or an overwhelming disdain for jibber jabber he is plucked from his family and raised by monks in the T-emple."
Scott Gibbons
Palladium Books® Staff

Unread post by Scott Gibbons »

I went with PF, Rifts, Splicers & Systems Failure.

I must say though that I was a little saddened to see you left my Rifts board game off your list. :-( :P
A wise man once said, "Only a fool takes offense where none was intended." I repeat this good advice to myself at least once a day.

Calm, reasoned discourse is the best way to change minds; too bad all the calm & reason in the world can't open a willfully closed mind.
The Galactus Kid
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: THE SPLICE MUST FLOW!!!

Unread post by The Galactus Kid »

I'll be running Rifts (Spvietski and Triax) and Splicers again this year, and maybe a special surprise.
Ziggurat the Eternal wrote:I'm not sure if its possible, but if it isn't, then possible will just have to get over it.

Ninjabunny wrote:You are playing to have fun and be a part of a story,no one is aiming to "beat" the GM, nor should any GM be looking to beat his players.

Marrowlight wrote: The Shameless Plug would be a good new account name for you. 8-)

ALAshbaugh wrote:Because DINOSAURS.
The Galactus Kid
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: THE SPLICE MUST FLOW!!!

Unread post by The Galactus Kid »

Aw dammit. Now I have to run ANOTHER game. hahaha.
Ziggurat the Eternal wrote:I'm not sure if its possible, but if it isn't, then possible will just have to get over it.

Ninjabunny wrote:You are playing to have fun and be a part of a story,no one is aiming to "beat" the GM, nor should any GM be looking to beat his players.

Marrowlight wrote: The Shameless Plug would be a good new account name for you. 8-)

ALAshbaugh wrote:Because DINOSAURS.
Jorel
Champion
Comment: I'm a Derrik, Derriks don't run.

Unread post by Jorel »

The Galactus Kid wrote:Aw dammit. Now I have to run ANOTHER game. hahaha.

I'll be lookin out for that one. A Japan 2 preview would be very cool to play in. The first has always been something I wanted to see more of.
Customer Service Director for Northern Gun

"The Devil's among us!
Stay back boy!...This calls for Divine Intervention!
I kick arse for the Lord!"
-Father McGruder- Braindead (a.k.a. Dead Alive)

Return to “Palladium Open House”