Who has bought tickets for 2012?

For discussion of the Palladium Open House, both past (May 2006 & May 2007) and possible future Open Houses. Who's going, games you're running or looking to play, etc.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

The Dark Elf
Rifter® Contributer
Comment: "So gentlemen, are you prepared to open your minds and travel to worlds hitherto undreamed of?"

Who has bought tickets for 2012?

Unread post by The Dark Elf »

I have. Who else?
Rifter 52 Cannibal Magic
Rifter 55 The Ancestral Mystic P.C.C.
Rifter 59 The Lopanic Games adventure "The Lion, the Ditch & the Warlock". Illustrations to this adventure can be found here.
Rifter 71 & 72 Double Issue Ninjas & Superspies adventure "On a Wing & a Prayer"
Rifter 80 Masters Unlimited
Jorel
Champion
Comment: I'm a Derrik, Derriks don't run.

Re: Who has bought tickets for 2012?

Unread post by Jorel »

Which tickets? I bought my VIP Thursday tickets, but that is about it.
Customer Service Director for Northern Gun

"The Devil's among us!
Stay back boy!...This calls for Divine Intervention!
I kick arse for the Lord!"
-Father McGruder- Braindead (a.k.a. Dead Alive)
The Dark Elf
Rifter® Contributer
Comment: "So gentlemen, are you prepared to open your minds and travel to worlds hitherto undreamed of?"

Jorel wrote:Which tickets? I bought my VIP Thursday tickets, but that is about it.

Either. Who will I meet at the POH?
Rifter 52 Cannibal Magic
Rifter 59 The Lopanic Games adventure "The Lion, the Ditch & the Warlock". Illustrations to this adventure can be found here.
Rifter 71 & 72 Double Issue Ninjas & Superspies adventure "On a Wing & a Prayer"
Hendrik
Rifter® Contributer
Comment: What is genius? A Victim OCC (BtS 1st ed, p. 193 ss)! The ultimate hero is a victim conquering adversity.

Unread post by Hendrik »

I shall be there!
Handouts for Operation Minotaur (BtS Adventure published in RIFTER #83) Get them at the fabulous "House of BtS"![/quote]

May all your hits be crits!
Scott Gibbons
Palladium Books® Staff

Unread post by Scott Gibbons »

I will be there, VIP Thurs, all day Friday and Saturday. Can't wait!
A wise man once said, "Only a fool takes offense where none was intended." I repeat this good advice to myself at least once a day.

Calm, reasoned discourse is the best way to change minds; too bad all the calm & reason in the world can't open a willfully closed mind.
Jorel
Champion

Unread post by Jorel »

Shinitenshi wrote:I'll be at the hotel but probably not the warehouse, Ninja Bunny will probably be at both.

You did a great job on the costumes last time. It will be a disappointment if you do not do it again. It would be fun to get in a game with NB and yourself. Mayhap you'll change your mind. We'll be lookin out for ya at the hotel either way.

"The Devil's among us!
The Dark Elf
Rifter® Contributer

Not many people going it seems. gonna be a cold warehouse! :?
Rifter 52 Cannibal Magic
Hendrik
Rifter® Contributer
Comment: What is genius? A Victim OCC (BtS 1st ed, p. 193 ss)! The ultimate hero is a victim conquering adversity.

Unread post by Hendrik »

Aw, but, man, the dice will be on fire, and imagine ... Kevin, Alex, Julius, Brandon, Carl, Carmen, Reelman, Mike, Chuck ...'... all for ourselves - not that that'll happen - but could be worse ;-)
Handouts for Operation Minotaur (BtS Adventure published in RIFTER #83) Get them at the fabulous "House of BtS"![/quote]

The Dark Elf
Rifter® Contributer

Shinitenshi wrote:
Jorel wrote:
Shinitenshi wrote:I'll be at the hotel but probably not the warehouse, Ninja Bunny will probably be at both.

You did a great job on the costumes last time. It will be a disappointment if you do not do it again. It would be fun to get in a game with NB and yourself. Mayhap you'll change your mind. We'll be lookin out for ya at the hotel either way.

Thanks Jorel, too bad fans didn't get to vote instead of us getting overlooked because of who we are. I had originally planned on at least entering Mumahs contest since I know that would get judged fairly but things haven't been working out. I guess if Aten holds true to his word I will be at the warehouse for at least one game :)

Hi Shinitenshi

Not sure what "because of who we are" means but are you implying that the POH costume contest was rigged?! :eek:
Rifter 52 Cannibal Magic
Hendrik
Rifter® Contributer

Unread post by Hendrik »

The Dark Elf wrote:
Shinitenshi wrote:too bad fans didn't get to vote instead of us getting overlooked because of who we are. I had originally planned on at least entering Mumahs contest since I know that would get judged fairly but things haven't been working out. I guess if Aten holds true to his word I will be at the warehouse for at least one game :)

Hi Shinitenshi

Not sure what "because of who we are" means but are you implying that the POH costume contest was rigged?! :eek:

Hi there, Shinitenshi,

why should you get "overlooked because of who we are". I saw you last OH and think briefly chatted with NB. You are normal gamers (as much as that may be seen as a contradiction in terms :-D ), so what's the crux?

Cheers
Hendrik
Last edited by Hendrik on Mon Nov 21, 2011 5:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

Hendrik
Rifter® Contributer

Unread post by Hendrik »

Hi there,

hmmm, the costume contest next OH could allow coaches and flags perhaps. ... Just joking. ;)

Seriously, while I don't know about an unfairness having occured, the beauty of a costume is after all a more or less completely subjective thing and I have a hard time believing that anybody would be so petty as to excercise a dislike via something so less than monumentally important as a costume contest which also is only supposed to be one thing: fun. I did not follow the contest - I prefer to game - but heard it was good fun. Maybe not winning was not about you or NB being disliked but just that your costume(s) was/were found to be less brilliant than the costume of whoever won. Is that not also possible?

Don't get me wrong, you feel what you feel and think what you think, and it is a shame that you feel your were treated unfairly and could not enjoy the contest. I am just trying to lend a different perspective here.

Anyhow, more luck to you next time!

Maybe it is a good idea to give anybody in the warehouse a vote. Would not take much longer and why not?

Cheers
Hendrik

The Dark Elf
Rifter® Contributer

What were yours and Ninjabunnies costumes?
Rifter 52 Cannibal Magic
Jorel
Champion

Unread post by Jorel »

Anybody have specific links to pics?

I found this thread, but haven't had time to look through it. Maybe later.

http://palladium-megaverse.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=50&t=114098&hilit=pictures+2010

"The Devil's among us!
Jorel
Champion

Unread post by Jorel »

Yeah, I kinda looked there, on the site. Still no time. If I find something, I'll post it. I know I took pics, but they are on a different computer.

"The Devil's among us!
rat_bastard
Kreelockian
Comment: Maybe if my sig line is clever enough someone will finally love me.

Unread post by rat_bastard »

Shinni, me and EvilandCuddly are kidnapping you, your husband too probably.
"If a child shows a particular abundance of pity for fools or an overwhelming disdain for jibber jabber he is plucked from his family and raised by monks in the T-emple."
dpenwood
Megaversal® Ambassador
Comment: Life is like a potato; sometimes it's brown, but sometimes it's green.

Unread post by dpenwood »

I'm going, as is my my girlfriend.
Scott Gibbons
Palladium Books® Staff

Unread post by Scott Gibbons »

dpenwood wrote:I'm going, as is my my girlfriend.

Awesome. And welcome to the boards!
A wise man once said, "Only a fool takes offense where none was intended." I repeat this good advice to myself at least once a day.

Calm, reasoned discourse is the best way to change minds; too bad all the calm & reason in the world can't open a willfully closed mind.
zor_prime1
Rifter® Contributer

Unread post by zor_prime1 »

My brother an I will be there on Friday and Saturday.
"I've been senile for as long as I can remember!" - I forget
Grug
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by Grug »

My wife and I will be there, all three days. Thanks to a very awesome individual!!!
If you know your enemy and know yourself your victory will not stand in doubt. -Sun Tzu
The avalanche has already started. It is too late for the pebbles to vote. -Kosh
kevarin
Adventurer

Unread post by kevarin »

i will be there vip , and me and my wife have a ticket for friday and saturday but dont know if i will be there sunday have the ticket but not sure may head home that day long drive and all
http://kevarin.deviantart.com/# my little attempt to add some color to the Palladium world

My gun does 4d6x1000 MD! There's no way this guy is gonna survive.
-- Famous Last Words of Rifts Players
Reelman
Megaversal® Ambassador Coordinator
Comment: Eliminating that not so fresh feeling from the world of role playing.

Unread post by Reelman »

Just bought my VIP tickets for myself, the Goddess, and my best friend (who introduced me to Rifts back in 91) and his wife. We will also have the littlest Techno-Wizard in tow, hopefully Carmen has something for him to destroy on Sunday.

Not sure what I am running but I am slated to run an event on VIP night and a few over the course of the weekend, likely 4 or 5 in total.
Hendrik
Rifter® Contributer

Unread post by Hendrik »

Reelman wrote:Just bought my VIP tickets for myself, the Goddess, and my best friend (who introduced me to Rifts back in 91) and his wife. We will also have the littlest Techno-Wizard in tow, hopefully Carmen has something for him to destroy on Sunday.

Not sure what I am running but I am slated to run an event on VIP night and a few over the course of the weekend, likely 4 or 5 in total.

Cool, here's very much looking forward to see y'all again!

Kind regards
Hendrik

Reelman

Unread post by Reelman »

Hendrik wrote:
Reelman wrote:Just bought my VIP tickets for myself, the Goddess, and my best friend (who introduced me to Rifts back in 91) and his wife. We will also have the littlest Techno-Wizard in tow, hopefully Carmen has something for him to destroy on Sunday.

Kind regards
Hendrik

We are looking forward to seeing you as well!
The Galactus Kid
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: THE SPLICE MUST FLOW!!!

Unread post by The Galactus Kid »

Reelman wrote:
Hendrik wrote:

Kind regards
Hendrik

Hendrik is going to be riding with me, Jim. You and Diane want to caravan?
Ziggurat the Eternal wrote:I'm not sure if its possible, but if it isn't, then possible will just have to get over it.

Ninjabunny wrote:You are playing to have fun and be a part of a story,no one is aiming to "beat" the GM, nor should any GM be looking to beat his players.

Marrowlight wrote: The Shameless Plug would be a good new account name for you. 8-)

ALAshbaugh wrote:Because DINOSAURS.
Hendrik
Rifter® Contributer

Unread post by Hendrik »

The Galactus Kid wrote:
Reelman wrote:
Hendrik wrote:
Reelman wrote:Just bought my VIP tickets for myself, the Goddess, and my best friend (who introduced me to Rifts back in 91) and his wife. We will also have the littlest Techno-Wizard in tow, hopefully Carmen has something for him to destroy on Sunday...

A band of dice slingers and a German riding shotgun on a trail northwards?

*Hendrik coughs and then gleefully mumbles YEEHAW under his breath*

Reelman

Unread post by Reelman »

Hendrik wrote:
The Galactus Kid wrote:
Reelman wrote:
Hendrik wrote:
Reelman wrote:Just bought my VIP tickets for myself, the Goddess, and my best friend (who introduced me to Rifts back in 91) and his wife. We will also have the littlest Techno-Wizard in tow, hopefully Carmen has something for him to destroy on Sunday...

A band of dice slingers and a German riding shotgun on a trail northwards?

*Hendrik coughs and then gleefully mumbles YEEHAW under his breath*

Honk, Honk, we got a convoy!

Sounds like fun, when you guys heading out from Derby town?
Hendrik
Rifter® Contributer

Unread post by Hendrik »

Capital, Jim! :-D

As to when: that's for the good Meister Brandon to say.

The Dark Elf
Rifter® Contributer

My bro still goes on about your 2010 rifts game he was in at the last open house (they rescued Emperor Prosek with some flukey rolls IIRC). You're on my "need to play" list for this year!
Rifter 52 Cannibal Magic
Reelman

Unread post by Reelman »

The Dark Elf wrote:

My bro still goes on about your 2010 rifts game he was in at the last open house (they rescued Emperor Prosek with some flukey rolls IIRC). You're on my "need to play" list for this year!

That game was a lot of fun, your brother was great, everyone really got into the spirit of things. Look forward to having you at my table!
The Galactus Kid

Reelman wrote:Honk, Honk, we got a convoy!

Sounds like fun, when you guys heading out from Derby town?

We'll be heading out probably aroun 9:00 or 9:30. I want to make sure we have time to stop and eat along the way, check into the hotel, and then make it to VIP event with time to spare in case they need help setting up or anything.
Ziggurat the Eternal wrote:I'm not sure if its possible, but if it isn't, then possible will just have to get over it.

Ninjabunny wrote:You are playing to have fun and be a part of a story,no one is aiming to "beat" the GM, nor should any GM be looking to beat his players.

Marrowlight wrote: The Shameless Plug would be a good new account name for you. 8-)

Reagren Wright
Comment: The greatest part of the writer's time is spent in reading, in order to write: a man will turn over half a library to make one book. - Samuel Johnson, 1775

Unread post by Reagren Wright »

Just grabbed mine for V.I.P. and the weekend. Its been four years or more since I was there last.
If this is the last one, no way am I going to miss it :D .
Jorel
Champion

Unread post by Jorel »

Reelman wrote:We will also have the littlest Techno-Wizard in tow, hopefully Carmen has something for him to destroy on Sunday.

We may be in the same boat if we attend. We lost our sitter, and may have an almost three year old and a six month old with us. I'm leaning towards not going if that is the case. I'm wondering how you managed at the last one in 2010. My two year old is wild and I don't think he'll likely sit through anything. That leaves my wife and myself alternating gaming and watching/chasing. Do you have any recommendations that might make it a bit easier for 2 parents with kids to relax and enjoy themselves? I think we have to bring the kids at this point, if we attend. It would be cool if they had some kind of child care setup there as many old school gamers are also parents now. I don't know about leaving my kids with strangers, but if they were there with us in the warehouse it would be cool. Just my thoughts, and tryin to deal with this harsh hand we've been dealt.

"The Devil's among us!
Hendrik
Rifter® Contributer

Unread post by Hendrik »

Hi Jorel,

I have opened a thread on Open House "child care".

Jim & Jorel,

I would give y'all a hand and watch your boys for up to 4 hours. Your little one, Jorel - CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!! - I could and will but rather not if I watch the "big guys".

References: I drilled recruits in the army and have 3 daughters. :wink:

Kindest regards
Hendrik

The Dark Elf
Rifter® Contributer

I would just put them in a spaceship wrapped in some sort of cape and send him on his way for a couple of days.

He is the son of Jorel after all...
Rifter 52 Cannibal Magic
Hendrik
Rifter® Contributer

Unread post by Hendrik »

The Dark Elf wrote:I would just put them in a spaceship wrapped in some sort of cape and send him on his way for a couple of days.

He is the son of Jorel after all...

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Eryk Stormbright
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Eryk Stormbright »

Hendrik wrote:I shall be there!

i'll be there aswell my friend, and my wife will be able to make it this year too :)
I am master of all I see.... and I see Everything.
Lucas
Adventurer

Unread post by Lucas »

i will be driving this year and hope to bring mad man mike and warwolf with me
Buck the System
The Galactus Kid

Lucas wrote:i will be driving this year and hope to bring mad man mike and warwolf with me

Wrap mike in bubble wrap

mumah
Palladium Books® Freelance Artist
Comment: Attacking gazeebos since 1883!

Unread post by mumah »

That'd be a rough ride, considering Mike's horrible luck in vehicles and Warwolf's compulsive need to listen to the Carpenters while on the road...
"I remember your work." -Amy "The Unicorn" Ashbaugh
"What a talented schmoe." -Brian Manning
"Someday I'll be half as cool as Mumah." -Brian Manning
"Apollo Okamura drove here across the Atlantic from Japan." -Sarah Aten
Subjugator
Palladium Books® Super Fan

Unread post by Subjugator »

I'll be there. Thought I wouldn't be able to do it, but I'm going to be there.

YOU HEAR THAT LONNIE?! I'M GONNA BE THERE YOU LITTLE PUNK! FEAR ME! Oh yeah...and mind if I ride with you?

-Dennis
There's a reason...and a very good one...that I have certain people in this forum blocked both here and on Facebook.

I can see an illustration of that nearly every time I come here.
Eryk Stormbright
Dungeon Crawler

Subjugator wrote:I'll be there. Thought I wouldn't be able to do it, but I'm going to be there.

YOU HEAR THAT LONNIE?! I'M GONNA BE THERE YOU LITTLE PUNK! FEAR ME! Oh yeah...and mind if I ride with you?

-Dennis

well i think heather and I can make room for yeah since we are car pooling up with him this year ;)
Prysus
Champion

Unread post by Prysus »

Greetings and Salutations. And I've officially bought my VIP and 3 Day Weekend tickets. I still have a bit of logistics to work out, but I intend to make it happen. I look forward to seeing everyone there. Thank you for your time and patience, please have a nice day. Farewell and safe journeys until then.
Living the Fantasy (fan website)

Rifter #45; Of Bows & Arrows (Archery; expanding rules and abilities)
Rifter #52; From Ruins to Runes (Living Rune Weapons; playable characters and NPC)
Rifter #55; Home Away From Home (Quorian Culture; expanded from PF Book 9: Baalgor Wastelands)

Official PDF versions of Rifter #45, #52, and #55 can be found at DriveThruRPG.
Hendrik
Rifter® Contributer

Unread post by Hendrik »

I am very much looking forward to see you again!

Cheers
Hendrik

Eryk Stormbright
Dungeon Crawler

Prysus wrote:
Greetings and Salutations. And I've officially bought my VIP and 3 Day Weekend tickets. I still have a bit of logistics to work out, but I intend to make it happen. I look forward to seeing everyone there. Thank you for your time and patience, please have a nice day. Farewell and safe journeys until then.

very cool man, look forward to seeing you again!
keir451
Champion
Comment: We came, We saw, We kicked it's butt!!-P. Venkman
My real physics defeats your quasi physics!!!

Unread post by keir451 »

I've got my tickets and I'll be there on VIP Thurs and running a game on Fri. (check the GM section here on the OH Topic). :D
My real world Physics defeats your Quasi-Physics!!!
Bubblegum Crisis, best anime/sci-fi/ for totally hot babes in Power Armor.!!!!
Magic. Completely screws logic at every opportunity. (credit due to Ilendaver)
calto40k
Megaversal® Ambassador
Comment: Jack Chriax: RPA Pilot, Killing Machine, Samuel Jackson Impersonator?

Unread post by calto40k »

might be going have to find out about all my court stuff first but once i find that out it ll be time to head out of jersey
Member of the Modern Cabal of 24

The stupid it burns it burns us preciouses

We are Legion and we will be heard
The Dark Elf
Rifter® Contributer

Everyone will have to let everyone know who they are on the forums.
Rifter 52 Cannibal Magic
The Galactus Kid

I write my forum name on the name badge.

Hendrik
Rifter® Contributer

Unread post by Hendrik »

The Dark Elf wrote:Everyone will have to let everyone know who they are on the forums.

I agree! I would really like to meet the people I talk to on this board and Dark Elf's idea would make this much, much easier.

The Galactus Kid wrote:I write my forum name on the name badge.

Ok, if you do that, I will do that, too! :wink:

Cheers
Hendrik

mumah
Palladium Books® Freelance Artist
Comment: Attacking gazeebos since 1883!

Unread post by mumah »

I will never tell anyone my real name. You'll just have to guess.
"I remember your work." -Amy "The Unicorn" Ashbaugh
"What a talented schmoe." -Brian Manning
"Someday I'll be half as cool as Mumah." -Brian Manning
"Apollo Okamura drove here across the Atlantic from Japan." -Sarah Aten

Return to “Palladium Open House”