Two thumbs way up!

For discussion of the Palladium Open House, both past (May 2006 & May 2007) and possible future Open Houses. Who's going, games you're running or looking to play, etc.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

The Dark Elf
Rifter® Contributer
Comment: "So gentlemen, are you prepared to open your minds and travel to worlds hitherto undreamed of?"

Two thumbs way up!

Unread post by The Dark Elf »

We've done enough moaning so here is a better late than never thank you.

Thank you for listening to the fans and rewarding us with another reasonably priced POH. We wouldnt be so passionate about it if it wasn't such an awesome weekend!

For those who've never been. You should. This may truly be the last and you would regret it if you didn't go. There is no awkwardness or unfriendly people and that includes all of the staff, ambassadors and ALL of the fans. I have never had such chilled out down-right decent folk making me feel welcome when I went last time. All my anxiety of "this will make or break my favourite pastime" disappeared in an instant. It made it! People even gave rides to and from the offices. You could be having breakfast with Mark Oberle or a beer with Carmen Bellaire. Awesome stuff!

Good choice Palladium!!

P.S. Now I have to sell one of the kids to be able to go. which though, youngest or eldest? Trust me it's worth it. :clown:
Rifter 52 Cannibal Magic
Rifter 55 The Ancestral Mystic P.C.C.
Rifter 59 The Lopanic Games adventure "The Lion, the Ditch & the Warlock". Illustrations to this adventure can be found here.
Rifter 71 & 72 Double Issue Ninjas & Superspies adventure "On a Wing & a Prayer"
Rifter 80 Masters Unlimited
Jorel
Champion
Comment: I'm a Derrik, Derriks don't run.

Re: Two thumbs way up!

Unread post by Jorel »

Look forward to seein you there, Dark Elf.
Customer Service Director for Northern Gun

"The Devil's among us!
Stay back boy!...This calls for Divine Intervention!
I kick arse for the Lord!"
-Father McGruder- Braindead (a.k.a. Dead Alive)
Carl Gleba
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: Lord of Chaos!

Unread post by Carl Gleba »

Hope to get to meet you this time :ok:

:clown: Sell the annoying one? I Joke! :clown:
ImageImage
Hendrik
Rifter® Contributer
Comment: What is genius? A Victim OCC (BtS 1st ed, p. 193 ss)! The ultimate hero is a victim conquering adversity.

Unread post by Hendrik »

The Dark Elf wrote:We've done enough moaning so here is a better late than never thank you.

Thank you for listening to the fans and rewarding us with another reasonably priced POH. We wouldnt be so passionate about it if it wasn't such an awesome weekend!

For those who've never been. You should. This may truly be the last and you would regret it if you didn't go. There is no awkwardness or unfriendly people and that includes all of the staff, ambassadors and ALL of the fans. I have never had such chilled out down-right decent folk making me feel welcome when I went last time. All my anxiety of "this will make or break my favourite pastime" disappeared in an instant. It made it! People even gave rides to and from the offices. You could be having breakfast with Mark Oberle or a beer with Carmen Bellaire. Awesome stuff!

Good choice Palladium!!

P.S. Now I have to sell one of the kids to be able to go. which though, youngest or eldest? Trust me it's worth it. :clown:

Thank you, Herbie, for saying this!

It is as THE Dark Elf says! If you have been to an OH before you will meet friends again, if you have not been to one yet, go and you will make friends ... and have a simply wonderful time.

I am so looking forward to the OH and to see all ye gentlemen again (and maybe even manage to talk to Carl at long last)!

Thanks, Pally!

Kindest regards
Hendrik
Handouts for Operation Minotaur (BtS Adventure published in RIFTER #83) Get them at the fabulous "House of BtS"![/quote]

May all your hits be crits!
Scott Gibbons
Palladium Books® Staff

Unread post by Scott Gibbons »

Yes, a big thank you to the PB staff (especially Kathy)! This year will try to get the wife - and maybe even some of the older kiddos - to come.
A wise man once said, "Only a fool takes offense where none was intended." I repeat this good advice to myself at least once a day.

Calm, reasoned discourse is the best way to change minds; too bad all the calm & reason in the world can't open a willfully closed mind.
The Dark Elf
Rifter® Contributer
Comment: "So gentlemen, are you prepared to open your minds and travel to worlds hitherto undreamed of?"

Carl Gleba wrote: :clown: Sell the annoying one? I Joke! :clown:

Still cant differentiate...
Rifter 52 Cannibal Magic
Rifter 59 The Lopanic Games adventure "The Lion, the Ditch & the Warlock". Illustrations to this adventure can be found here.
Rifter 71 & 72 Double Issue Ninjas & Superspies adventure "On a Wing & a Prayer"
Carl Gleba
Comment: Lord of Chaos!

Unread post by Carl Gleba »

Hendrik wrote:
The Dark Elf wrote:We've done enough moaning so here is a better late than never thank you.

Good choice Palladium!!

Thank you, Herbie, for saying this!

It is as THE Dark Elf says! If you have been to an OH before you will meet friends again, if you have not been to one yet, go and you will make friends ... and have a simply wonderful time.

I am so looking forward to the OH and to see all ye gentlemen again (and maybe even manage to talk to Carl at long last)!

Thanks, Pally!

Kindest regards
Hendrik

Well don't just hang around with the younger crowd, stop down and see the old timers :D
ImageImage
Spinachcat
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by Spinachcat »

The OH is an awesome experience. I hope Kevin makes it a permanent yearly event.
Warwolf
Comment: I am the Alpha of the Omega...
...The First of The Last...
...and this is the beginning of your end.

Unread post by Warwolf »

The Dark Elf wrote: You could be having breakfast with Mark Oberle or a beer with Carmen Bellaire. Awesome stuff!

Just don't ever confuse the two. Carmen is a bear in the morning and that Oberle guy is an angry drunk. :? :lol:

Oh, and don't forget the awesome games with some of the best friggin' GMs on the planet!
Yeah, everytime I see a blazingly obvious moron walking the streets... I think, "score one for the creationists..." ~ DLDC
Warwolf is right... you can sig that. ~ TGK
I refuse to participate in a battle of wits with an unarmed man. ~ Me
Hendrik
Rifter® Contributer
Comment: What is genius? A Victim OCC (BtS 1st ed, p. 193 ss)! The ultimate hero is a victim conquering adversity.

Unread post by Hendrik »

Carl Gleba wrote:
Hendrik wrote:I am so looking forward to the OH and to see all ye gentlemen again (and maybe even manage to talk to Carl at long last)!

Well don't just hang around with the younger crowd, stop down and see the old timers :D

Hey, Carl,

as long as you can roll your dice, you're young ... and as your ability to do that shows, I am sure, no evidence to deteriorate, you should not claim the bonus of the annually disadvantaged.

But philosophy aside, oldtimer :wink: , I will be there (fingers crossed) and I am looking forward to talk with you!!

Kindest regards
Hendrik-who-has-seen-many-many-winters-too :lol: :D
Handouts for Operation Minotaur (BtS Adventure published in RIFTER #83) Get them at the fabulous "House of BtS"![/quote]

The Dark Elf
Rifter® Contributer

Hendrik wrote:But philosophy aside, oldtimer :wink: , I will be there (fingers crossed) and I am looking forward to talk with you!!

Hendrik-who-has-seen-many-many-winters-too :lol: :D

Are you two gonna reminisce about the "good ol' times" of the previous open houses and "when we were still playing first edition, no P.P.E. then y'know!" ? :bandit:
Rifter 52 Cannibal Magic
Hendrik
Rifter® Contributer

Unread post by Hendrik »

The Dark Elf wrote:Are you two gonna reminisce about the "good ol' times" of the previous open houses and "when we were still playing first edition, no P.P.E. then y'know!" ? :bandit:

P.P.E. ... *snort* ... new-fangled humbug ... *cough*... got used to it though.

When we ... *wheeze*... started to play WE were chipping stones for dice with our teeth, had to walk to the next gaming table ... *cough* ... barefeet ... *harrumph* ... 130 miles ... one way! ... in snow more than 2 men high, and that was in summer! Mind, it was the dicebition so you gamed in game-easys! We used what the police called dicers' dodge-tunnels. Broke couple of nails burrowing one only to get to a Palladium game. We had to WORK to have fun, not like you whippersnappers. ... *Hendrik shakes his crutches angrily* ... Aah, those were the days.

Soldier of Od
Hero

Unread post by Soldier of Od »

Hendrik wrote:
The Dark Elf wrote:Are you two gonna reminisce about the "good ol' times" of the previous open houses and "when we were still playing first edition, no P.P.E. then y'know!" ? :bandit:

When we ... *wheeze*... started to play WE were chipping stones for dice with our teeth, had to walk to the next gaming table ... *cough* ... barefeet ... *harrumph* ... 130 miles ... one way! ... in snow more than 2 men high, and that was in summer! Mind, it was the dicebition so you gamed in game-easys! We used what the police called dicers' dodge-tunnels. Broke couple of nails burrowing one only to get to a Palladium game. We had to WORK to have fun, not like you whippersnappers. ... *Hendrik shakes his crutches angrily* ... Aah, those were the days.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

"Dicebition"! :lol:

P.S. Now I have to sell one of the kids to be able to go. which though, youngest or eldest? Trust me it's worth it.

Sell the eldest one - you've tried your best with her and it's a lost cause now. You might still have time to do something about the youngest though. Although - boys fetch more on the black market in China, so there's a financial influence to sell the boy. Tricky. Child slavery is one of those things where there's no right or wrong answer. :clown:
Rifter Contributor:
Rifter 61 – Purebred animal templates for Mutants in Avalon (After the Bomb)
Rifter 77 & 78 – Khemennu, City of the Eighteen Cosmic Gods (Palladium Fantasy)
Rifter 83 – The Prophet O.C.C. (Palladium Fantasy)
Rifter 83 – Half-Ogres (Palladium Fantasy)
Rifter 84 – Spellbound O.C.C. (Nightbane)
Rifter 85 – Relics of Empire: Elven Cities of the Old Kingdom (Palladium Fantasy)
mumah
Palladium Books® Freelance Artist
Comment: Attacking gazeebos since 1883!

Unread post by mumah »

Hendrik wrote:

Now, just reread this aloud but put the most cartoonish, cliched' German accent you can on it. That's what really gives this post its fine flavor.
"I remember your work." -Amy "The Unicorn" Ashbaugh
"What a talented schmoe." -Brian Manning
"Someday I'll be half as cool as Mumah." -Brian Manning
"Apollo Okamura drove here across the Atlantic from Japan." -Sarah Aten
Hendrik
Rifter® Contributer

Unread post by Hendrik »

mumah wrote:
Hendrik wrote:

Now, just reread this aloud but put the most cartoonish, cliched' German accent you can on it. That's what really gives this post its fine flavor.

Zank you, Major Mike, I had not antizeepatted zat anyone wood get wize of zis.

Mit herzlichen Grüßen,
Hendrik-Wilhelm Klink

mumah
Palladium Books® Freelance Artist
Comment: Attacking gazeebos since 1883!

Unread post by mumah »

Wunderbar!
"I remember your work." -Amy "The Unicorn" Ashbaugh
"What a talented schmoe." -Brian Manning
"Someday I'll be half as cool as Mumah." -Brian Manning
"Apollo Okamura drove here across the Atlantic from Japan." -Sarah Aten

Return to “Palladium Open House”