Dates for OH 2012

For discussion of the Palladium Open House, both past (May 2006 & May 2007) and possible future Open Houses. Who's going, games you're running or looking to play, etc.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Maryann
Adventurer

Dates for OH 2012

Unread post by Maryann »

I was talking to Kevin last night and mentioned that some people had wanted to attend but couldn't because of finals the week they usually hold the open house and that they should move it a few weeks earlier.

Here's the question, Do you guys think its a good idea to move it just a week or two earlier? Would some people that can't attend make it because it would give them a little more leway before finals? Or am I full of shoo shooo and it should be left right where it it.
Snoopy and Charlie Brown are (c) Peanuts Worldwide.
"Besser ein Ende mit Schrecken als ein Schrecken ohne Ende." ( A frightening end is better than an endless fright) -- Nelly
You called down the thunder, well now you got it!
Oh what A tangled web we weave ...

MADMANMIKE
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: The Emolancer

Re: Dates for OH 2012

Unread post by MADMANMIKE »

I don't have finals to worry about, but I do have a sales contest that I'm not supposed to take time off during. I'd be better on almost any other week of the year.

-Mike <8]
Minions - Character Sheets <---- UPDATED LINK TO MY DA PAGE!!!
Must repeat my mantra: As a genius, I am not qualified to make the assessment "it doesn't take a genius to figure this out."
Jorel
Champion
Comment: I'm a Derrik, Derriks don't run.

Unread post by Jorel »

I would think that after finals would allow people to relax and enjoy as opposed to a few weeks before when school is going at full tilt. I am not a student though.
Customer Service Director for Northern Gun

"The Devil's among us!
Stay back boy!...This calls for Divine Intervention!
I kick arse for the Lord!"
-Father McGruder- Braindead (a.k.a. Dead Alive)
Reelman
Megaversal® Ambassador Coordinator
Comment: Eliminating that not so fresh feeling from the world of role playing.

Unread post by Reelman »

jorel wrote:I would think that after finals would allow people to relax and enjoy as opposed to a few weeks before when school is going at full tilt. I am not a student though.

The problem with later in the year is the later it gets the warmer it gets and the warehouse does not have AC. So later is not really an option unless we are talking fall.

I would perfer a week or so earlier for a couple of reasons, the first weekend of May is also Kentucky Derby weekend and for those of us in the Commonwealth, it is a hard choice, Palladium has won everytime but I do hate missing the Derby parties and other associated fun. I am a potential future student and the strongest schooling options have finals the first week of May. I have a number of friends that the OH is not an option for both these reasons. Also, a week or two earlier would be nice as it was hot and HUMID this weekend at the warehouse.
The Galactus Kid
Comment: THE SPLICE MUST FLOW!!!

Unread post by The Galactus Kid »

Reelman wrote:I would perfer a week or so earlier for a couple of reasons, the first weekend of May is also Kentucky Derby weekend and for those of us in the Commonwealth, it is a hard choice, Palladium has won everytime but I do hate missing the Derby parties and other associated fun. I am a potential future student and the strongest schooling options have finals the first week of May. I have a number of friends that the OH is not an option for both these reasons. Also, a week or two earlier would be nice as it was hot and HUMID this weekend at the warehouse.

I agree with all of these reasons.
Ziggurat the Eternal wrote:I'm not sure if its possible, but if it isn't, then possible will just have to get over it.

Ninjabunny wrote:You are playing to have fun and be a part of a story,no one is aiming to "beat" the GM, nor should any GM be looking to beat his players.

Marrowlight wrote: The Shameless Plug would be a good new account name for you. 8-)

ALAshbaugh wrote:Because DINOSAURS.
Elly_G
D-Bee
Comment: "I hold with those who favor fire."

Unread post by Elly_G »

My friends and I would not be able to attend if the event went to an earlier date. We all unfortunately have local events that we are involved in that would make it imposable.
"Poetry is not truth, It's just deception with a little class."
Nowhere65
Wanderer

Unread post by Nowhere65 »

Early or mid April sounds good, provided it doesn't fall on Spring Break or Easter.
Family plans being what they are, I would be in hot water if I was at OH then.
Jorel
Champion

Unread post by Jorel »

I hardly noticed the heat or humidity. The weekend it is on actually works best for us as none of us are in school. I'm sure Palladium has their own reasons for that weekend as I'd guess most of them aren't in school either.

"The Devil's among us!
Eryk Stormbright
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Eryk Stormbright »

I think it wouldn't hurt being 2 or 3 weeks earlier
I am master of all I see.... and I see Everything.
Warwolf
Comment: I am the Alpha of the Omega...
...The First of The Last...
...and this is the beginning of your end.

Unread post by Warwolf »

I know if it stays where it is in 2012, I might have to miss it for the first time ever. That will quite possibly be the end of my last semester in my masters program in clinical psych. Depending on what is expected of me at that point, the end of April/beginning of May may be ridiculously busy. :-?
Yeah, everytime I see a blazingly obvious moron walking the streets... I think, "score one for the creationists..." ~ DLDC
Warwolf is right... you can sig that. ~ TGK
I refuse to participate in a battle of wits with an unarmed man. ~ Me
Jorel
Champion

Unread post by Jorel »

poll it.

"The Devil's among us!
BIBBI
Wanderer
Comment: "are you familiar with the chain of command? its the one I go and beat you with until you listen to me"
- Jayne

Unread post by BIBBI »

figured this would be a good place to ask, What is the open house, I've been seeing things about it all over and nothing that actually says what it is, could you guys clear it up for me?
mumah
Palladium Books® Freelance Artist
Comment: Attacking gazeebos since 1883!

Unread post by mumah »

BIBBI wrote:figured this would be a good place to ask, What is the open house, I've been seeing things about it all over and nothing that actually says what it is, could you guys clear it up for me?

It's an annual(ish) gathering at the Palladium offices where fans come and can meet Kevin and co., along with many of the Freelancers. It's just a fun weekend where you can meet hundreds of other Palladium fans, as well as spend an entire weekend playing in games run by the people that created them. You can buy art, get autographs, and just have an all around grand ol' time.
"I remember your work." -Amy "The Unicorn" Ashbaugh
"What a talented schmoe." -Brian Manning
"Someday I'll be half as cool as Mumah." -Brian Manning
"Apollo Okamura drove here across the Atlantic from Japan." -Sarah Aten
The Dark Elf
Rifter® Contributer
Comment: "So gentlemen, are you prepared to open your minds and travel to worlds hitherto undreamed of?"

Unread post by The Dark Elf »

Can we do it a little earlier, say may 2011?

I am easy on the date as long as it doesnt coinside with Easter and assuming theres not another Royal wedding next year.
Rifter 52 Cannibal Magic
Rifter 55 The Ancestral Mystic P.C.C.
Rifter 59 The Lopanic Games adventure "The Lion, the Ditch & the Warlock". Illustrations to this adventure can be found here.
Rifter 71 & 72 Double Issue Ninjas & Superspies adventure "On a Wing & a Prayer"
Rifter 80 Masters Unlimited
Hendrik
Rifter® Contributer
Comment: What is genius? A Victim OCC (BtS 1st ed, p. 193 ss)! The ultimate hero is a victim conquering adversity.

Unread post by Hendrik »

Hi there,

I would not mind a bit earlier or later as long as it does not conflict with Easter (1 week before and after the actual holiday) as that is family time and I would be sorely pressed to explain going away during those days to my family.

I have no issue with a Royal wedding, though ;-) as our Kaiser is no longer around.

Cheers
Hendrik
Handouts for Operation Minotaur (BtS Adventure published in RIFTER #83) Get them at the fabulous "House of BtS"![/quote]

May all your hits be crits!
Eryk Stormbright
Dungeon Crawler

Hendrik wrote:Hi there,

I would not mind a bit earlier or later as long as it does not conflict with Easter (1 week before and after the actual holiday) as that is family time and I would be sorely pressed to explain going away during those days to my family.

I have no issue with a Royal wedding, though ;-) as our Kaiser is no longer around.

Cheers
Hendrik

so you going to make it again next year? I hope so, it'll be great to see yeah again :ok:
The Galactus Kid

I would love for it to be 2 weks earlier. mainly because I want to run in the KY derby half marathon, and then spend a whole week drinking waiting for a 2 minute horse race.
Ziggurat the Eternal wrote:I'm not sure if its possible, but if it isn't, then possible will just have to get over it.

Ninjabunny wrote:You are playing to have fun and be a part of a story,no one is aiming to "beat" the GM, nor should any GM be looking to beat his players.

Marrowlight wrote: The Shameless Plug would be a good new account name for you. 8-)

Hendrik
Rifter® Contributer
Comment: What is genius? A Victim OCC (BtS 1st ed, p. 193 ss)! The ultimate hero is a victim conquering adversity.

Unread post by Hendrik »

Eryk Stormbright wrote:so you going to make it again next year? I hope so, it'll be great to see yeah again :ok:

I will sure do whatever I can to be there - how could I miss the OH; and, likewise, friend Eryk!
Handouts for Operation Minotaur (BtS Adventure published in RIFTER #83) Get them at the fabulous "House of BtS"![/quote]

The Galactus Kid

I can't wait to see Hendrik again!!!

NMI
OLD ONE

Unread post by NMI »

The Galactus Kid wrote:I can't wait to see Hendrik again!!!

Me too! Who was he? ;)
"Freedom is the recognition that no single person, no single authority or government has a monopoly on the truth, but that every individual life is infinitely precious, that every one of us put on this world has been put there for a reason and has something to offer."
Megaversal Ambassador Coordinator
My GoFund Me - Help Me Walk Again
keir451
Champion
Comment: We came, We saw, We kicked it's butt!!-P. Venkman
My real physics defeats your quasi physics!!!

Unread post by keir451 »

I hope Kevin is reading this as I really hope there is an OH next year. For the past ones I was living in Colorado and could not afford to attend. Now I'm living in Sou. Western Michigan only a few hours drive from the Palladium home base and I REALLY want to got to the next OH.
My real world Physics defeats your Quasi-Physics!!!
Bubblegum Crisis, best anime/sci-fi/ for totally hot babes in Power Armor.!!!!
Magic. Completely screws logic at every opportunity. (credit due to Ilendaver)
Jorel
Champion

Unread post by Jorel »

Agreed. Hope he's readin this.

"The Devil's among us!
glitterboy2098
Rifts® Trivia Master

Unread post by glitterboy2098 »

Jorel wrote:I would think that after finals would allow people to relax and enjoy as opposed to a few weeks before when school is going at full tilt. I am not a student though.

i am, and like usual, if it stays put i'd have to miss, since the weekend before finals is a horrible time to leave campus. for me to get up there i'd have to miss 2-3 days of classes (minimum thursday and friday, and probably the following monday as well, given travel times), during a week when everything becomes due.

moving it a few eeks earlier wouldn't work well for most students either for similar reasons..unless it overlapped with an existing holiday break.

personally i'm at a loss to see how a week later would be any warmer weather wise than the normal schedule though.

anytime between the 11th and the 31st of may is good for me and probably most students.
Author of Rifts: Deep Frontier (Rifter 70)
Author of Rifts:Scandinavia (current project)
* All fantasy should have a solid base in reality.
* Good sense about trivialities is better than nonsense about things that matter.

-Max Beerbohm
Visit my Website
keir451
Champion
Comment: We came, We saw, We kicked it's butt!!-P. Venkman
My real physics defeats your quasi physics!!!

Unread post by keir451 »

glitterboy2098 wrote:
Jorel wrote:I would think that after finals would allow people to relax and enjoy as opposed to a few weeks before when school is going at full tilt. I am not a student though.

i am, and like usual, if it stays put i'd have to miss, since the weekend before finals is a horrible time to leave campus. for me to get up there i'd have to miss 2-3 days of classes (minimum thursday and friday, and probably the following monday as well, given travel times), during a week when everything becomes due.

moving it a few eeks earlier wouldn't work well for most students either for similar reasons..unless it overlapped with an existing holiday break.

personally i'm at a loss to see how a week later would be any warmer weather wise than the normal schedule though.

anytime between the 11th and the 31st of may is good for me and probably most students.

Agreed!!!
My real world Physics defeats your Quasi-Physics!!!
Bubblegum Crisis, best anime/sci-fi/ for totally hot babes in Power Armor.!!!!
Magic. Completely screws logic at every opportunity. (credit due to Ilendaver)
Warwolf
Comment: I am the Alpha of the Omega...
...The First of The Last...
...and this is the beginning of your end.

Unread post by Warwolf »

glitterboy2098 wrote:anytime between the 11th and the 31st of may is good for me and probably most students.

I wouldn't say that. Depending on the school, the last week can be as late as the second or third week of May (not taking into account schools like ITT that operate on different semester structures).
Yeah, everytime I see a blazingly obvious moron walking the streets... I think, "score one for the creationists..." ~ DLDC
Warwolf is right... you can sig that. ~ TGK
I refuse to participate in a battle of wits with an unarmed man. ~ Me
Chronicle
Megaversal® Ambassador
Comment: Your Local Lurker. THAT'S the Reality.....

Email: Chronos47@gmail.com

Unread post by Chronicle »

Earlier sounds good.
Your local Lurker and Temporal Wizard Extrodinaire,

Chronicle

Cosmic Forge or bust.

Love me some Phood

Where is the wood in Wormwood.

"How Are you a Super Power" -Sterling Archer
Hendrik
Rifter® Contributer

Unread post by Hendrik »

Mr. Deific NMI wrote:
The Galactus Kid wrote:I can't wait to see Hendrik again!!!

Me too! Who was he? ;)

Me, NMI, he is me. Or is he? Anyway, I am me, you see. :shock:

Thank you, Brandon! I am very much looking forward to see you again, too! :-D

Kindest regards
Hendrik

PS: Could not answer earlier, was on vacation :D
Last edited by Hendrik on Wed Jun 29, 2011 11:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

Mierin
D-Bee

Unread post by Mierin »

Shinitenshi wrote:
Josh Hilden wrote:I don't see why it wouldn't happen, the revenue generated vs. time and cash infused is substantial.

If it happens I will be at the hotel hanging out and gaming with old friends.

:)

I'll be right there partying with ya!

Me too! :D
"They say that all the world is a stage. But obviously the play is unrehearsed and everyone is adlibbing their lines! Maybe that's why it's so hard to figure out if we're in a tragedy or a farce. We need more special effects and dance numbers." -- Calvin & Hobbes
Hendrik
Rifter® Contributer

Unread post by Hendrik »

Hi there,

I don't want to be a bother, but - as peculiar as that may sound and aside from needing to know whether I need to save funds for the flight etc. to the States - I need to plan my vacation time next year. I need to know as soon as possible or I am sad to say I will 99% not be able to come to an OH (should there be one) as I will have to book a family holiday my wife is keen on - which, of course, is great, too - latest early next week (or the house we want to go to would be gone) and that would eat up the funds for me going stateside I'm afraid. My little extravaganza, i.e. going to an OH to the States, is put in jeopardy. As lovely as family holidays are, not going to an OH would be terrible. ... I felt the need to explain.

Is there an open house 2012?

Kindest regards
Hendrik

Jorel
Champion

Unread post by Jorel »

I hope you get a response. This may not be the best place to try find that information. I would send Kevin and Alex PM's and post on the facebook page and anywhere else they may actually be looking, like the All Things Palladium forum. Good luck, and I hope to see you there.

"The Devil's among us!
Hendrik
Rifter® Contributer

Unread post by Hendrik »

Jorel wrote:I hope you get a response. This may not be the best place to try find that information. I would send Kevin and Alex PM's and post on the facebook page and anywhere else they may actually be looking, like the All Things Palladium forum. Good luck, and I hope to see you there.

Thanks, Jorel, you're right.

Kindest regards
Hendrik

Carl Gleba
Comment: Lord of Chaos!

Unread post by Carl Gleba »

How about sending a PM to Alex M.?
ImageImage
Jorel
Champion

Unread post by Jorel »

Carl Gleba wrote:How about sending a PM to Alex M.?

Kinda think the freelancers that frequent the boards might have a better chance at actually getting a solid answer from Kevin, as I doubt it is on Alex to decide.

"The Devil's among us!
mumah
Palladium Books® Freelance Artist
Comment: Attacking gazeebos since 1883!

Unread post by mumah »

I can tell you that a decision probably won't be reached until after GenCon. They're trying desperately to get product ready for the Con, get ready for the Con, and take care of Al at the same time. It is a discussion I plan on having with Kevin over the weekend of GenCon. Though, even if I did get an answer, I couldn't say until after Palladium gives the official say-so.
"I remember your work." -Amy "The Unicorn" Ashbaugh
"What a talented schmoe." -Brian Manning
"Someday I'll be half as cool as Mumah." -Brian Manning
"Apollo Okamura drove here across the Atlantic from Japan." -Sarah Aten
The Dark Elf
Rifter® Contributer
Comment: "So gentlemen, are you prepared to open your minds and travel to worlds hitherto undreamed of?"

Unread post by The Dark Elf »

If it had already been announced that there was no POH I might have gone to Gen Con, but alas it is too late now.

Btw, my compannies holiday is arranged in 12 month periods (which is the case in most) and works on a first come, first served basis.
Forgetting even cost, being able to book the time off may have passed (If it's April as we book April to April) - Even if I lived next door!
Rifter 52 Cannibal Magic
Rifter 55 The Ancestral Mystic P.C.C.
Rifter 59 The Lopanic Games adventure "The Lion, the Ditch & the Warlock". Illustrations to this adventure can be found here.
Rifter 71 & 72 Double Issue Ninjas & Superspies adventure "On a Wing & a Prayer"
Rifter 80 Masters Unlimited
Jorel
Champion

Unread post by Jorel »

Official...May 4-6, 2012. With VIP Thurs on May 3, 2012

"The Devil's among us!
Scott Gibbons
Palladium Books® Staff

Unread post by Scott Gibbons »

Who says Kevin doesn't listen to his fans??? :lol: <happy dance>
A wise man once said, "Only a fool takes offense where none was intended." I repeat this good advice to myself at least once a day.

Calm, reasoned discourse is the best way to change minds; too bad all the calm & reason in the world can't open a willfully closed mind.
Jorel
Champion

Unread post by Jorel »

Really, I think it was other people close to Kevin, who got him the message, which I left on facebook. The message that people were planning on not attending, cause they didn't have enough advance warning to plan properly, and get off work. I believe Kevin does listen to his fans, just not always directly. He's pretty busy after all. I see Alex responds to more of the fan-base here on the forums. I'm just glad they got the message.

"The Devil's among us!
Scott Gibbons
Palladium Books® Staff

Sorry, I was just being silly with my previous post - I'll chalk it up to being giddy with the news!
A wise man once said, "Only a fool takes offense where none was intended." I repeat this good advice to myself at least once a day.

Calm, reasoned discourse is the best way to change minds; too bad all the calm & reason in the world can't open a willfully closed mind.
Jorel
Champion

Unread post by Jorel »

No need for apologies. A few people have been ranting about how Kevin doesn't listen, even when he clearly does, and it shows that he listens. He may not read every word we write, but he's getting the message. I'm excited too, but also realistic. Once again it took prodding to get results which could have been provided earlier, and without the prodding. I'm thinking, as Kevin said, they were considering not doing it, and the time was nigh for them to decide to do it, or not. I'm glad they decided to give us a chance to game together, again. Now to see how I'm getting there.

"The Devil's among us!
Reelman

Unread post by Reelman »

Woo Hoo OH 2012. Already emailed Kev & Wayne and committed to running at least 4 game sessions, thinking Rifts, Chaos Earth, BTS, and maybe Dead Reign!
Hendrik
Rifter® Contributer

Unread post by Hendrik »

Reelman wrote:Woo Hoo OH 2012. Already emailed Kev & Wayne and committed to running at least 4 game sessions, thinking Rifts, Chaos Earth, BTS, and maybe Dead Reign!

HOODY HOO!

Reelman is GM'ing and there is an open house, that is good news, indeed! I will do my best to be able to come.

While I am not the good James, I am all set to GM'ing three sessions, thinking BTS, BTS, and, well, BTS :D - maybe HU or a crossover instead of the 3rd BTS.

Where do I send the short description and basic data (number of players and such) - provided they want this information already - I do not have Wayne's or Kevin's email addresses?

Cheers
Hendrik

Reelman

Unread post by Reelman »

I am sure once Gen Con is over and they recover, they will be posting an email address for GMs to submit their events.
Scott Gibbons
Palladium Books® Staff

Making plans on coming. Should I try to see if PB will allow me to bring my board game again (with improved playing pieces, new characters/O.C.C.s, color board and instructions)?

Eryk Stormbright
Dungeon Crawler

Hendrik wrote:
Reelman wrote:Woo Hoo OH 2012. Already emailed Kev & Wayne and committed to running at least 4 game sessions, thinking Rifts, Chaos Earth, BTS, and maybe Dead Reign!

HOODY HOO!

Reelman is GM'ing and there is an open house, that is good news, indeed! I will do my best to be able to come.

While I am not the good James, I am all set to GM'ing three sessions, thinking BTS, BTS, and, well, BTS :D - maybe HU or a crossover instead of the 3rd BTS.

Where do I send the short description and basic data (number of players and such) - provided they want this information already - I do not have Wayne's or Kevin's email addresses?

Cheers
Hendrik

Well I hope your able to make it man, it'll be good seeing you again, i'll be there *g* along with my wife. now if i run 3, 6 hour games again like Last year... lol i don't know, but i'll for sure think up something.
ingexthefuryhunter1
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by ingexthefuryhunter1 »

I am on my way and I have three six hours games.

Return to “Palladium Open House”