oh 2010 pics

For discussion of the Palladium Open House, both past (May 2006 & May 2007) and possible future Open Houses. Who's going, games you're running or looking to play, etc.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

mumah
Palladium Books® Freelance Artist
Comment: Attacking gazeebos since 1883!

Re: oh 2010 pics

Unread post by mumah »

I also have photos up on my facebook profile http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=510892825 Friend request me and I'll approve you. I also have an art page up on FB, so be sure to tag that as well!
"I remember your work." -Amy "The Unicorn" Ashbaugh
"What a talented schmoe." -Brian Manning
"Someday I'll be half as cool as Mumah." -Brian Manning
"Apollo Okamura drove here across the Atlantic from Japan." -Sarah Aten
Lord Z
Hero
Comment: Court of Tarot author

Unread post by Lord Z »

Thank you for the photos, Bob. It seems that you were the first to post OH2010 pictures anywhere.
Currently recruiting for Beyond the Supernatural games in 2019 which I am running on Discord: voice, text, and play-by-post. Here is the non-expiring server invite link: 418BQSLG

“All would be well. All would be heavenly— If the damned would only stay damned.”
-- Charles Fort, The Book of the Damned, 1913
Armorlord
Hero

Unread post by Armorlord »

I'll get mine up eventually, just need to dig up the cable to hook it into the computer. Then you shall behold 400 Fuzzy Photos!
Talking to you is sort of the conversational equivalent of an out-of-body experience. -Susie (Calvin and Hobbes)
It's not impossible, it's just really unfair. :( -Trance Gemini (Andromeda)
Tarnow and Romanov: Neighbors!

Politeness is not a shield, and criticism is not a sword to swing repeatedly.
Jorel
Champion
Comment: I'm a Derrik, Derriks don't run.

Unread post by Jorel »

I'm in that fuzzy boat. Next time I bring a camera with a flash, not a video camera
Customer Service Director for Northern Gun

"The Devil's among us!
Stay back boy!...This calls for Divine Intervention!
I kick arse for the Lord!"
-Father McGruder- Braindead (a.k.a. Dead Alive)
Nowhere65
Wanderer

Unread post by Nowhere65 »

Here are the pics I came away from the Open House with.

Like most, they are of varying quality.

Palladium Books 2010 Open House
Armorlord
Hero

Update: Might be a bit longer for those fuzzy pictures, turns out the camera requires proprietary software to access that refuses to work with my setup. So I'll need to return the camera, pay a restocking fee for a fuzzy picture taking camera that doesn't work with anything but it's own software on the latest operating systems, and either get a camera that functions decently or a memory card reader.
Talking to you is sort of the conversational equivalent of an out-of-body experience. -Susie (Calvin and Hobbes)

MADMANMIKE
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: The Emolancer

Unread post by MADMANMIKE »

Armorlord wrote:Update: Might be a bit longer for those fuzzy pictures, turns out the camera requires proprietary software to access that refuses to work with my setup. So I'll need to return the camera, pay a restocking fee for a fuzzy picture taking camera that doesn't work with anything but it's own software on the latest operating systems, and either get a camera that functions decently or a memory card reader.

Most big-box stores now have a digital film processing booth that can read any size card and put them on CD. Also, if you know someone with a real computer (Mac) you can just plug the camera in and it will register as an external hard drive.

-Mike <8]
Minions - Character Sheets <---- UPDATED LINK TO MY DA PAGE!!!
Must repeat my mantra: As a genius, I am not qualified to make the assessment "it doesn't take a genius to figure this out."
Armorlord
Hero

MADMANMIKE wrote:Also, if you know someone with a real computer (Mac) you can just plug the camera in and it will register as an external hard drive.
Nope, this POS even has it's own software to work with macs, only OS X 10.4-10.6 though.

MADMANMIKE

Armorlord wrote:
MADMANMIKE wrote:Also, if you know someone with a real computer (Mac) you can just plug the camera in and it will register as an external hard drive.
Nope, this POS even has it's own software to work with macs, only OS X 10.4-10.6 though.

All cameras have their own software to work with Macs. That doesn't override the basic software in the Mac that automatically recognizes an memory card as an external disc.

-Mike <8]
Must repeat my mantra: As a genius, I am not qualified to make the assessment "it doesn't take a genius to figure this out."
Armorlord
Hero

And Lo', did the Lord of Armor traverse the trials of multiple returns and eventually did he simply say 'F- it' and bought forth a basic card reader- forsaking the cameras for the data within the Card. And Lo', whilst the slings and arrows of outrageously slow upload times did befall him, the Pictures were brought forth to the Bucket of Photos, who then decreed once again that all his images be in reverse order to that which he would wish.

But yeah, 400+ photos, some of which are quite fuzzy. Alas, it seems that the camera did not save the time taken in the filenames as I had hoped, several of the pictures were taken just as a record of how late it was at the time. Also how much and when-ish I'd ingested the Mana Potion and RootJack that kept me going for most of the Open House.
Eventually I'll go through and nuke the illegible photos from the album and drop in some commentary/times.

I'll start you all at the last page, since it is backwards and it seems that while there is an 'Organize' tab, it doesn't affect the actual album.
http://s195.photobucket.com/albums/z63/ ... ?start=400

Not even I can tell you what all is in there at the moment, I took pictures like mad the first couple days and I hadn't looked through them at all before putting them up.
Tread carefully.

Jorel
Champion

Unread post by Jorel »

There are some of me too. Good shootin Armorlord. Fun gaming with you also.

"The Devil's among us!
The Dark Elf
Rifter® Contributer
Comment: "So gentlemen, are you prepared to open your minds and travel to worlds hitherto undreamed of?"

Unread post by The Dark Elf »

Woot - Im in some of these!
Rifter 52 Cannibal Magic
Rifter 55 The Ancestral Mystic P.C.C.
Rifter 59 The Lopanic Games adventure "The Lion, the Ditch & the Warlock". Illustrations to this adventure can be found here.
Rifter 71 & 72 Double Issue Ninjas & Superspies adventure "On a Wing & a Prayer"
Rifter 80 Masters Unlimited
Armorlord
Hero

Yeah I try to get pictures of pretty much everyone and any groups gaming that I pass by.
If you aren't in those photos somewhere, you probably weren't at the Open House.
Admittedly, some of the photos this year are up there with Sasquatch photos in terms of quality and fuzziness though. Going to put a bit more research into cameras before the next open house.

Warwolf
Comment: I am the Alpha of the Omega...
...The First of The Last...
...and this is the beginning of your end.

Unread post by Warwolf »

So many shots of my back... :lol:
Yeah, everytime I see a blazingly obvious moron walking the streets... I think, "score one for the creationists..." ~ DLDC
Warwolf is right... you can sig that. ~ TGK
I refuse to participate in a battle of wits with an unarmed man. ~ Me
MADMANMIKE

Warwolf wrote:So many shots of my back... :lol:

Ah! So they caught your good side! :D :mrgreen:

Some Video is up, I'll work on more, hopefully this weekend. Need to clean up my hard drive first, and that's going to take some time.

My YouTube Channel

-Mike <8]
The Dark Elf
Rifter® Contributer
Comment: "So gentlemen, are you prepared to open your minds and travel to worlds hitherto undreamed of?"

Unread post by The Dark Elf »

MADMANMIKE wrote:
Warwolf wrote:So many shots of my back... :lol:

Ah! So they caught your good side! :D :mrgreen:

Some Video is up, I'll work on more, hopefully this weekend. Need to clean up my hard drive first, and that's going to take some time.

My YouTube Channel

-Mike <8]

Woot, you can just see me ducking out after getting Alex's autograph in the video!
Rifter 52 Cannibal Magic
Rifter 55 The Ancestral Mystic P.C.C.
Rifter 59 The Lopanic Games adventure "The Lion, the Ditch & the Warlock". Illustrations to this adventure can be found here.
Rifter 71 & 72 Double Issue Ninjas & Superspies adventure "On a Wing & a Prayer"
Rifter 80 Masters Unlimited
Brian Manning
Comment: I'm the King of Rock, There is none higher!
Sucka MC's should call me sire!

Unread post by Brian Manning »

I look way too normal in photos. My awesome personality doesn't come through in photographs, I guess.
Artwork • Social Media • Writing • Shenanigans
Brian-Manning.com
Lord Z
Hero

Unread post by Lord Z »

Does anyone have a photo or sketch of Alex that we may use? It's for Rifter #0.1.
Currently recruiting for Beyond the Supernatural games in 2019 which I am running on Discord: voice, text, and play-by-post. Here is the non-expiring server invite link: 418BQSLG

“All would be well. All would be heavenly— If the damned would only stay damned.”
Xar
Rifter® Contributer
Comment: J.V. Adams
(he/him/his)

Unread post by Xar »

I don't own it, but weren't there some pictures of staff in one of the swimsuit Rifters?

Not that I'm advocating using the actual Rifter swimsuit picture.
~Xar~

↑, ↑, ↓, ↓, ←, →, ←, →, B, A select start
Warwolf

Unread post by Warwolf »

Xar wrote:I don't own it, but weren't there some pictures of staff in one of the swimsuit Rifters?

Not that I'm advocating using the actual Rifter swimsuit picture.

That's good, because I think we'd have to take you out behind the chemical shed and rectify the situation if you were. :)

Lord Z, I think there may be a couple of him in the Open House archives on this site you might use. Otherwise, I'd say PM Kev and see if there's an official "staff photo" of him you might use.
Yeah, everytime I see a blazingly obvious moron walking the streets... I think, "score one for the creationists..." ~ DLDC
mumah
Comment: Attacking gazeebos since 1883!

Unread post by mumah »

We can't take people back behind the chemical shed any more. We...ah...how do I put this delicately...let's just say that area is currently reserved by its last and still present guest(s)? They...need their quiet. Less attention drawn in that direction the better, no?
"I remember your work." -Amy "The Unicorn" Ashbaugh
"What a talented schmoe." -Brian Manning
"Someday I'll be half as cool as Mumah." -Brian Manning
"Apollo Okamura drove here across the Atlantic from Japan." -Sarah Aten
Lord Z
Hero

Unread post by Lord Z »

I don't have that issue of Rifter either. If someone can confirm for me that a photo of Alex is there, I'll pick it up through RPGNow.com.

As for the archives, there are a couple of pics with Alex, blurry and in the background. Even those would be good enough if I knew who took the pics and got a signed UMF from the photographer.

Prysus
Champion

Unread post by Prysus »

Greetings and Salutations. Options from what I've been able to track down so far ...

Rifter 35; Page 47: This is the swimsuit pic of Alex. Note: And I hope you're satisfied! Now I need brain bleach to try and scrub the image from my mind!

MadmanMike (above) has a video of the Palladium offices. In the video there is an image of Alex. You can find a good second and take a screen shot (or some other method) for a photo. Since he frequents these boards, getting his permission shouldn't be too hard.

That's all I have for now (unless talking to Maryann or someone else has met with any success). Thank you for your time and patience, please have a nice day. Farewell and safe journeys for now.
Living the Fantasy (fan website)

Rifter #45; Of Bows & Arrows (Archery; expanding rules and abilities)
Rifter #52; From Ruins to Runes (Living Rune Weapons; playable characters and NPC)
Rifter #55; Home Away From Home (Quorian Culture; expanded from PF Book 9: Baalgor Wastelands)

Official PDF versions of Rifter #45, #52, and #55 can be found at DriveThruRPG.
Warwolf

Unread post by Warwolf »

Lord Z wrote:I don't have that issue of Rifter either. If someone can confirm for me that a photo of Alex is there, I'll pick it up through RPGNow.com.

As for the archives, there are a couple of pics with Alex, blurry and in the background. Even those would be good enough if I knew who took the pics and got a signed UMF from the photographer.

I'll see if I can find time to look through my archives then. I'm pretty sure I've got a one or two that would suffice.
Lord Z
Hero

Unread post by Lord Z »

Thanks, Big W!

Warwolf

Unread post by Warwolf »

Lord Z wrote:Thanks, Big W!

Friend's wedding took up my weekend, but I'll look when I get home today.
Xar
Rifter® Contributer
Comment: J.V. Adams
(he/him/his)

Unread post by Xar »

Prysus wrote:
And I hope you're satisfied! Now I need brain bleach to try and scrub the image from my mind!

You're welcome.
~Xar~

↑, ↑, ↓, ↓, ←, →, ←, →, B, A select start
asajosh
Hero

Unread post by asajosh »

bob the desolate one wrote:heres some o mine :clown: http://s762.photobucket.com/albums/xx26 ... ne/oh2010/

My dear friend and GM, bob the desolate one, passed away about a month after posting this.
If you have any photos of him from the 2007 or 2010 OH, please pm me. I have so few pics of him and the open houses were deffinately his happiest time.

His name was Bob Jacques, throwing dice at the celestial gaming table.
Be at peace, my people. All shall be looked up.
Carl Gleba wrote:My original line of thinking goes along with asajosh...
Carl

Jesterzzn wrote:So just remember that its just the internet, and none of our opinions matter anyway, and you'll do fine. :)
Hendrik
Rifter® Contributer
Comment: What is genius? A Victim OCC (BtS 1st ed, p. 193 ss)! The ultimate hero is a victim conquering adversity.

Unread post by Hendrik »

asajosh wrote:
bob the desolate one wrote:heres some o mine :clown: http://s762.photobucket.com/albums/xx26 ... ne/oh2010/

My dear friend and GM, bob the desolate one, passed away about a month after posting this.
If you have any photos of him from the 2007 or 2010 OH, please pm me. I have so few pics of him and the open houses were deffinately his happiest time.

Dear asajosh,

I am saddened to hear this.

I do not know if I met Bob, I am really bad with names, but this is horrible news. Sometimes it seems that is getting more and more cramped at that celestial gaming table.

Please accept my condolences! Even though late, my prayers and thoughts are with you and his family!

Can you point me to a picture and identify Bob for me so that I know for whom to look when searching my photos for a photo with Bob for you?

Kind regards
Hendrik
Handouts for Operation Minotaur (BtS Adventure published in RIFTER #83) Get them at the fabulous "House of BtS"![/quote]

May all your hits be crits!
Jorel
Champion

Unread post by Jorel »

asajosh wrote:

Sorry to hear about Bob. He was definitely enjoying himself in the Robotech game, as we all were. Carmen did a great job on it. I played in that Robotech game with him. I have a lot of pictures from it. Send me a PM with an email address, and I'll get them to you.

"The Devil's among us!
asajosh
Hero

Unread post by asajosh »

It would have been smart of me to post a link of Bob... so here it is

http://i839.photobucket.com/albums/zz31 ... 3-1920.jpg

This was taken Feb 13, 2010, just four months prior to his death.
I asked him for a "big ol' goofy smile for my caller ID", and there you have it.

Sorry to thread jack.
Thanks again.
Be at peace, my people. All shall be looked up.
Carl Gleba wrote:My original line of thinking goes along with asajosh...
Carl

Jesterzzn wrote:So just remember that its just the internet, and none of our opinions matter anyway, and you'll do fine. :)
Hendrik
Rifter® Contributer
Comment: What is genius? A Victim OCC (BtS 1st ed, p. 193 ss)! The ultimate hero is a victim conquering adversity.

Unread post by Hendrik »

asajosh wrote:It would have been smart of me to post a link of Bob... so here it is

http://i839.photobucket.com/albums/zz31 ... 3-1920.jpg

This was taken Feb 13, 2010, just four months prior to his death.
I asked him for a "big ol' goofy smile for my caller ID", and there you have it.

Sorry to thread jack.
Thanks again.

Thank you, I remember Bob. We talked - if only a little. This is terribly sad!

I will look!

Kind regards
Hendrik
Handouts for Operation Minotaur (BtS Adventure published in RIFTER #83) Get them at the fabulous "House of BtS"![/quote]

May all your hits be crits!

Return to “Palladium Open House”