Post a day

For discussion of the Palladium Open House, both past (May 2006 & May 2007) and possible future Open Houses. Who's going, games you're running or looking to play, etc.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Prysus
Champion

Re: Post a day

Unread post by Prysus »

Greetings and Salutations. Here's hoping to a POH in 2015 where the skies will be so Dark even an Elf can make it. Hoping for that miracle. :ok:
Living the Fantasy (fan website)

Rifter #45; Of Bows & Arrows (Archery; expanding rules and abilities)
Rifter #52; From Ruins to Runes (Living Rune Weapons; playable characters and NPC)
Rifter #55; Home Away From Home (Quorian Culture; expanded from PF Book 9: Baalgor Wastelands)

Official PDF versions of Rifter #45, #52, and #55 can be found at DriveThruRPG.
The Dark Elf
Rifter® Contributer
Comment: "So gentlemen, are you prepared to open your minds and travel to worlds hitherto undreamed of?"

Unread post by The Dark Elf »

P 2
O 0
H 1
Rifter 52 Cannibal Magic
Rifter 55 The Ancestral Mystic P.C.C.
Rifter 59 The Lopanic Games adventure "The Lion, the Ditch & the Warlock". Illustrations to this adventure can be found here.
Rifter 71 & 72 Double Issue Ninjas & Superspies adventure "On a Wing & a Prayer"
Rifter 80 Masters Unlimited
The Dark Elf
Rifter® Contributer
Comment: "So gentlemen, are you prepared to open your minds and travel to worlds hitherto undreamed of?"

Are you all excited about talks of hotels and dates?! Poh 2015.
Rifter 52 Cannibal Magic
Rifter 59 The Lopanic Games adventure "The Lion, the Ditch & the Warlock". Illustrations to this adventure can be found here.
Rifter 71 & 72 Double Issue Ninjas & Superspies adventure "On a Wing & a Prayer"
ffranceschi
Adventurer
Comment: "In Absentia Lucis, Tenebrae Vincunt"
Location: Republic of Cordoba, Silver River Republics (Montevideo, Uruguay)

Unread post by ffranceschi »

The Dark Elf wrote:Are you all excited about talks of hotels and dates?! Poh 2015.

Sure!
Head of Northern Gun Research and Development

"I'm ready man, check it out. I am the ultimate badass! State-of-the-badass-art!" - Private Hudson, ALIENS (1986).
zyanitevp
Champion
Comment: Check out our Twitch stream!

Unread post by zyanitevp »

The Dark Elf wrote:Are you all excited about talks of hotels and dates?! Poh 2015.

Absolutely!
Broadcasting live twitchtv
My Twitter
Now Playing Savage Rifts as a Trimadore TechnoWizard
Image Image
The Dark Elf
Rifter® Contributer

POH 2015 will be epic!
Rifter 52 Cannibal Magic
The Dark Elf
Rifter® Contributer

POH 2015 - Robo-gladiator competition:

We prepare 12 robots and 12 pilots (so we know theyve been rolled up randomly/fairly). Each contestant selects randomly a Robot pilot & robot from the bunch, names them (so they are unique to them) and they fight off (using Rifts combat mechanics) against another contestant. Knock out tournament and whoever wins in the final gets a signed hardcover copy of NG1&2 !!

And the glory of being master of the Robo-dome!
Rifter 52 Cannibal Magic
Jorel
Champion
Comment: I'm a Derrik, Derriks don't run.

Unread post by Jorel »

Great idea.
Customer Service Director for Northern Gun

"The Devil's among us!
Stay back boy!...This calls for Divine Intervention!
I kick arse for the Lord!"
-Father McGruder- Braindead (a.k.a. Dead Alive)
ffranceschi
Adventurer

The Dark Elf wrote:POH 2015 - Robo-gladiator competition:

We prepare 12 robots and 12 pilots (so we know theyve been rolled up randomly/fairly). Each contestant selects randomly a Robot pilot & robot from the bunch, names them (so they are unique to them) and they fight off (using Rifts combat mechanics) against another contestant. Knock out tournament and whoever wins in the final gets a signed hardcover copy of NG1&2 !!

+1

"I'm ready man, check it out. I am the ultimate badass! State-of-the-badass-art!" - Private Hudson, ALIENS (1986).
Prysus
Champion

Unread post by Prysus »

The Dark Elf wrote:POH 2015 - Robo-gladiator competition:

Greetings and Salutations. As did those who came before me, I also love this idea. Sounds like a lot of fun. There are a few questions though ...

1: Who would be supplying the two hardcovers? That's probably over $100 in expenses for someone to flip the bill. While charging people a small entry fee could help, probably not something that should be done (I doubt Palladium would approve). Still, we might even take a pooling of funds from interested parties financing the project (sponsors!).

2: Would it be one (1) Game Master running all the games, or would it be multiple G.M.? With just one G.M., the rules will be conducted evenly among all the games/matches. If multiple, it might give rulings a bit more uneven feeling, but no more so than professional sports (that have different officials calling the games) and there's more that can be done. A few thoughts include ...

2a: 16 contestants probably works better than 12. 16 results in 4 rounds (16, 8, 4, 2). 12 will need more mechanics to work properly (12, 6, 3 ...), either requiring a three-way finally (could be interesting), someone getting a by-round (don't need to fight) decided by luck (or decided in favor of a predetermined Robo-Dome Champion that needs to be dethrowned, with my thoughts would be either Kevin S. or Matt Clements, if you could talk them into participating).

2b: Spreading it over all three days could be cool. This might eliminate anyone who doesn't intend on showing all three days from competition, but would reward those who make the full 3-Day commitment. Preliminaries on Friday (no games on V.I.P., that's a little too exclusive), resulting in 8 matches/games (multiple G.M. will help with this, if you can get 4 then it's just 2 games each would have to run). Saturday would be next two rounds resulting in 6 matches/games (4 for one round, and 2 for the next round). Then on Sunday it would be the Finals! One on one for the championship! Sunday is a short day, and also having only one match the final day makes it extra climatic (in my opinion).

2c: As less games are required, less G.M. will also be required. Who runs which games can be determined beforhand (either by availability/desire), or a voting process (let those who participate/watch vote who runs the best/funnest/most entertaining/fairest games). This can cause a mini-game between Game Masters to be voted in to run the Finals! This would be harder to set up, but could be fun.

3: Running by Rifts rules is understandable, but could have its own problems. What about actions not defined in the rules? So much often gets houseruled that this could cause its own conflicts, though overall I think is a minor issue (as long as its determined beforehand).

4: Another variation ... Screw the knock-out round elimination, how about just a massive free-for-all! 12 bots enter, 1 walks out!

Uh ... sorry, my mind started running away with the idea. I do that. Carry on with your regularly scheduled brainstorming. Thank you for your time and patience, please have a nice day. Farewell and safe journeys for now.

P.S. Still looking forwarding to a POH2015!! Whoo! Not even sure I'd participate in the Robo-Dome Games (I normally don't get there early enough to sign-up, and I have horrible luck with dice and would probably get knocked out first round anyways :P). Still ... the whole weekend should be a lot of fun and can hardly wait!

Rifter #52; From Ruins to Runes (Living Rune Weapons; playable characters and NPC)
Rifter #55; Home Away From Home (Quorian Culture; expanded from PF Book 9: Baalgor Wastelands)

Jorel
Champion

Unread post by Jorel »

great suggestions

"The Devil's among us!
The Dark Elf
Rifter® Contributer

Im probably not going to the POH I was just shouting thoughts off the top of my head.

If I am able to go I'd organised all that. Im used to organising tournaments.
Rifter 52 Cannibal Magic
Jorel
Champion

Unread post by Jorel »

startin to think we need a "Get Dark Elf to Murica" fund.

"The Devil's among us!
The Dark Elf
Rifter® Contributer

LOL. Plenty of time to sort myself out til the POH.
Rifter 52 Cannibal Magic
Hendrik
Rifter® Contributer
Comment: What is genius? A Victim OCC (BtS 1st ed, p. 193 ss)! The ultimate hero is a victim conquering adversity.

Unread post by Hendrik »

You and me both. We will get there!

POH 2015!!!!

The Robo tournament is a very cool idea. Kevin and Co. may just decide to help out with the NG books, but I guess that would need to be discussed closer to the event and when a tournament is a firmer thing.
Handouts for Operation Minotaur (BtS Adventure published in RIFTER #83) Get them at the fabulous "House of BtS"![/quote]

May all your hits be crits!
The Dark Elf
Rifter® Contributer

Still hope the POH 2015 goes ahead and will be fun for all!
Rifter 52 Cannibal Magic
The Dark Elf
Rifter® Contributer

POH 2015!
Rifter 52 Cannibal Magic
The Dark Elf
Rifter® Contributer

Post a week - POH 2015!
Rifter 52 Cannibal Magic
The Dark Elf
Rifter® Contributer

Post a weekend - POH 2015!
Rifter 52 Cannibal Magic
Hendrik
Rifter® Contributer
Comment: What is genius? A Victim OCC (BtS 1st ed, p. 193 ss)! The ultimate hero is a victim conquering adversity.

Unread post by Hendrik »

The Dark Elf wrote:Post a weekend - POH 2015!

Post a lot - POH 2015!
Handouts for Operation Minotaur (BtS Adventure published in RIFTER #83) Get them at the fabulous "House of BtS"![/quote]

The Dark Elf
Rifter® Contributer

POH 2015!
Rifter 52 Cannibal Magic
ffranceschi
Adventurer

The tickets are usually on sale one year before the event. Am I right?

Alpha 11
Palladin

Unread post by Alpha 11 »

I had checked to when I bought the last ones and it was in June, if I remember right. So I'm expecting them to come out around that time.
The Dark Elf
Rifter® Contributer

Post periodically - POH 2015!
Rifter 52 Cannibal Magic
Jorel
Champion

Unread post by Jorel »

Post!

"The Devil's among us!
The Dark Elf
Rifter® Contributer

POH May 2015!
Rifter 52 Cannibal Magic
Jorel
Champion

Unread post by Jorel »

It only took almost 650 comments and you got your wish.

"The Devil's among us!
Prysus
Champion

Unread post by Prysus »

Greetings and Salutations. Going to the Palladium Open House post a day. Farewell and safe journeys ... for today. Farewell and safe journeys to all.

Jorel
Champion

Unread post by Jorel »

I may be drunk, but the last post by price us seems a bit off. I think he may be a robot prices or an alien inhabitaing a prysus body. I don't know.

"The Devil's among us!
ffranceschi
Adventurer

We are on!

The Dark Elf
Rifter® Contributer

Yey POH FTW!
Rifter 52 Cannibal Magic
Prysus
Champion

Unread post by Prysus »

Jorel wrote:I may be drunk, but the last post by price us seems a bit off. I think he may be a robot prices or an alien inhabitaing a prysus body. I don't know.

Greetings and Salutations. As requested ...

16 oz domestic beer during Happy Hour: $3
27 oz house margaritas during Happy Hour: $6.75
Bottle of Jack Daniels Black Label: $24.99
Jorel drunk posting calling me "price us": Priceless.

This post has been happily brought to you by our sponsor: Robot Prices.

For more pricing information, please visit us at the Palladium Open House in 2015. Farewell and safe journeys for now.

Rabbi the Mage
D-Bee

Unread post by Rabbi the Mage »

POH is needed - unfortunately it's one of my only chances to do any role-playing these days :(

Plus - meeting up with all you guys is just damn awessome 8)
The Dark Elf
Rifter® Contributer

I will definitely want to attend the POH after tonight!
Rifter 52 Cannibal Magic
Prysus
Champion

Unread post by Prysus »

Greetings and Salutations. Celebratory post that there will be an official Palladium Open House in 2015! Whoo! Farewell and safe journeys for now.

P.S. Also, celebrating my big move. One year living in Boise, ID now, which means one year ago I moved in with my girlfriend (at the time, now fiance). Still separate rooms, but I get to see her every day, and that's something magical. :ok:

Jorel
Champion

Unread post by Jorel »

Congrats on the move and year in Boise. You seem like it is great change for you.

"The Devil's among us!
Hendrik
Rifter® Contributer

Unread post by Hendrik »

Prysus, I am happy for you. Congrats for the 1st year and only the best in the years to come!

Dark Elf, right on!

I am so much looking forward the POH2015 and must get there. 15 months to go. :-D

The Dark Elf
Rifter® Contributer

The Dark Elf wrote:I will definitely want to attend the POH after tonight!

Yep. I do....
Rifter 52 Cannibal Magic
The Dark Elf
Rifter® Contributer

Still wanna go.

Trying hard not to book the hotel room...
Rifter 52 Cannibal Magic
Hendrik
Rifter® Contributer

Unread post by Hendrik »

Teehee. Same here!

zyanitevp
Champion
Comment: Check out our Twitch stream!

Unread post by zyanitevp »

You guys better book it- you can always cancel, but if it is sold out.....
Broadcasting live twitchtv
My Twitter
Now Playing Savage Rifts as a Trimadore TechnoWizard
Image Image
Prysus
Champion

Unread post by Prysus »

Greetings and Salutations. Keeping the post alive. Here's to a POH in 2015! Farewell and safe journeys to all.

Return to “Palladium Open House”