Monstrous Creations

1st edition? 2nd edition? It doesnt matter! Let's just talk Palladium Fantasy.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants
Comment: "Your inferiority complex might be justified."
Location: Lurking on rooftops like a proper gargoyle should, in and around Tacoma, WA.

Re: Monstrous Creations

Unread post by Stone Gargoyle »

Jarkuzzu

The Jarkuzzu are a race of humanoids with 3d4 tentacles coming out of their heads instead of hair. They are very much known for coming to the aid of others, and for being scholarly and doing research. Amphibious, they can breathe well in or out of water, and they have webbed hands and feet which aid them in swimming. In addition to the tentacles with which they can attack prey, and their arms and legs, Jarkuzzu have long, barbed tongues which can be used to strike targets and pull them into their mouths for food. Jarkuzzu also have other octopus-like abilities, including natural camouflage and glands which produce ink they can secrete to blind opponents.
Jarkuzzu come in a variety of colors, some being black, gray or brown, with others being shades of red, blue, green, yellow, orange or purple. Both males and females have slender bodies and they are hard to differentiate between until they reach maturity. A strict caste system has evolved based on the number of tentacles one has, with those having more tentacles having a better place in Jarkuzzu society and being considered more capable.

Alignment: Any
Attributes: I.Q. 3d6, M.E. 2d6, M.A. 2d6, P.S. 3d6 with each tentacle having a P.S. equal to 24, P.P. 3d6, P.E. 3d6, P.B. 3d6, Spd 3d6, X2 swimming
S.D.C.: 3d6+4
Natural A.R.: None, must wear armor for protection
Horror Factor: 6
P.P.E.: 4d6
O.C.C.s Available to Jarkuzzu: Any
Natural Abilities: Swim 90%, climb 80%, prowl 59%. Change color and texture to completely blend with surrounding terrain (requires half a melee round for full change); camouflage ability is equal to a prowl of 92%. Has 3d4 tentacles on head which are 10 feet long. Can breathe in air or in water.
Ink Cloud: Jarkuzzu can spray a cloud that covers a 60 foot radius in the water - dissipates in 3d4 minutes (penalty of -9 to strike, parry and dodge to those affected by it).
Attacks Per Melee: Three, plus one per every three tentacles on the head
Damage: A hit from a tentacle arm does 2d6 points of damage per tentacle, crush/squeeze does 2d6 points of damage per melee attack; both are cumulative with multiple tentacles used. May pick up objects with tentacles to use as weapons or throw rocks with them. The barbed tongue can attack at a range of three feet and does 1d6 damage upon a successful strike. Can also use weapons with arms for normal damage.
Bonuses: +3 on initiative, +4 to strike, +6 to parry, +4 to dodge
Magic: By O.C.C. only
Psionics: Standard
Average Life Span: 120-200 years
Value: 100-250 gold for full ink glands
Habitat: Oceans of the world
Languages: Three of choice (+15%)
Enemies: None per se
Allies: None per se
Physical Appearance: Humanoid with 3d4 tentacles coming off of the head, barbed tongue, and webbed hands and feet. Skins in a variety of colors, with natural camouflage ability.
Size: 6-8 feet tall
Weight: 240-360 pounds
"SG, you are a limitless fountain of Butt-Saving Advice. You Rock, Stone and Concrete." ~ TrumbachD
Gryphon Chick
Adventurer
Comment: "Incredible Cosmic Power! ...teeny tiny living space."

Unread post by Gryphon Chick »

I think the damage is a little high for the tentacles of both the Jarkuzzu and the Squidron. You seem to have based it off of the damage for the giant squid and octopus in the Monsters & Animals book, and the tentacles of both those creatures would be significantly larger than those of what you have written up. I should think that yours should have damage to strike of no more than 1d6, with the crush/squeeze doing 1d4. As they have no smaller creatures written up, it is hard to be certain. The PS values seem too high as well, and I am not understanding how you see them as being coordinated enough to combine the tentacles to do a combined tentacle attack for more damage based on number of tentacles. The number of attacks also seems like it should not be based on the number of tentacles. Just my thoughts on the matter.
"Sorry, I'm busy tonight...Same thing I do every night...Trying the take over the world..."
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants
Location: Lurking on rooftops like a proper gargoyle should, in and around Tacoma, WA.

Gryphon Chick wrote:I think the damage is a little high for the tentacles of both the Jarkuzzu and the Squidron. You seem to have based it off of the damage for the giant squid and octopus in the Monsters & Animals book, and the tentacles of both those creatures would be significantly larger than those of what you have written up. I should think that yours should have damage to strike of no more than 1d6, with the crush/squeeze doing 1d4. As they have no smaller creatures written up, it is hard to be certain. The PS values seem too high as well, and I am not understanding how you see them as being coordinated enough to combine the tentacles to do a combined tentacle attack for more damage based on number of tentacles. The number of attacks also seems like it should not be based on the number of tentacles. Just my thoughts on the matter.
Yeah, they are a bit on the overpowered side, but I did that rather than have them be underpowered. I may wind up editing them and fixing stuff eventually.
"SG, you are a limitless fountain of Butt-Saving Advice. You Rock, Stone and Concrete." ~ TrumbachD
Reagren Wright
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: The greatest part of the writer's time is spent in reading, in order to write: a man will turn over half a library to make one book. - Samuel Johnson, 1775

Unread post by Reagren Wright »

Been a while since I presented a critter for the board, but I'm kinda doing some other fantasy
stuff right now. Still I think I having something that I can donate to the board in the near future.
zyanitevp
Champion
Comment: Check out our Twitch stream!

Unread post by zyanitevp »

Stone Gargoyle wrote:I personally don't think that you should present them on a creation such as you did without explanation. But ultimately it comes down to the fact that I don't have the energy to argue about it, as you seem to want to write up your stuff the way you want to without considering that someone else, such as myself, probably won't use it since it uses a lot of oddball stuff that they don't already incorporate into their games. I can't realy stop you from posting your stuff here, just know that I don't really have use for any of it myself.

Really SG? I expect better from you- many people feel that your creations are "oddball stuff" but we enjoy them, even if we don't incorporate them in our games. No one owns a thread, and asking someone to post somewhere else, even inferred, is pretty bush- and you are usually above that stuff.
Broadcasting live twitchtv
My Twitter
Now Playing Savage Rifts as a Trimadore TechnoWizard
Image Image
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

zyanitevp wrote:
Stone Gargoyle wrote:I personally don't think that you should present them on a creation such as you did without explanation. But ultimately it comes down to the fact that I don't have the energy to argue about it, as you seem to want to write up your stuff the way you want to without considering that someone else, such as myself, probably won't use it since it uses a lot of oddball stuff that they don't already incorporate into their games. I can't realy stop you from posting your stuff here, just know that I don't really have use for any of it myself.

Really SG? I expect better from you- many people feel that your creations are "oddball stuff" but we enjoy them, even if we don't incorporate them in our games. No one owns a thread, and asking someone to post somewhere else, even inferred, is pretty bush- and you are usually above that stuff.
He was posting more than just monsters and animals. There was an entire setting in the stuff he was presenting and a lot of stuff that falls outside of the way the book stuff is written, special attributes and whatnot. I did not feel that it belonged here, but I did not tell him he could not post it here, and moving it to his own thread was ultimately his decision. I am not going to pretend to like something and will voice objections when I feel I have the need. My stuff may be oddball, but it is written according to the format and limits set forth in the books.
Reagren Wright
Comment: The greatest part of the writer's time is spent in reading, in order to write: a man will turn over half a library to make one book. - Samuel Johnson, 1775

Been a while since this post had :hug: so I'm going put some stuff on here soon.
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

I might start posting stuff here again soon as well. I just had a lot of stuff happen that made it difficult to coordinate but hopefully will be back to it before the new year.
Reagren Wright

ANIWYE

The name translates from elf to mean “skunkbear”. This medium-sized bear is far more
common than most city dwellers realize. Living typically in largely sparsely settled forested
areas, the animal on occasion leaves the forest in search of food, sometimes becoming
attracted to humanoid communities because of the immediate availability of food. Active at
twilight, it feeds on insects; honey, nuts, rodents, eggs, carrion, grubs, fish, and berries. At
sunrise, it retires to its den, which may be in a ground burrow, or beneath ruins, boulders, or
a rock pile. While a male dens by itself, several females may live together. Although most do
not engage in active predation of other large animals, Aniwye will attack deer fawns, elk and
moose calves. It most certainly will attack domesticated livestock if they are easily
accessible and not heavily defended. Aniwye may even hunt prey up to the size of adult
moose by ambushing them. Humanoids are usually not hunted unless the animal is having
difficulty find food in the winter or it has decided to steal a kill from a humanoid hunter. Long
ago elves gave it the name skunk bear not just because it resembled a skunk in color and
shape, but because it also possessed the animal’s terrible smelling spray. So powerful is this
odor, it will even repel a Woolly Dragon or an Ice Demon! Unlike skunks, Aniwye will use their
spray as an offensive weapon for the highly acid nature can burn the skin of its opponents.
Half starved Aniwye have been known to spray humanoids, resulting in immediate
incapacitation, only to be savagely mauled, then dragged away and eaten. Fortunately these
accounts are extremely rare and almost unheard of south of the Disputed Region of the
Eastern Territory. Both the meat and fur of these animals is highly prized for its difficulty to
obtain. A fur pelt is about the only organic material the spray won’t eat through.

Aniwye sows produce a litter of two or three cubs every two years. During this time the cubs
are dependent upon their mother, who will take great lengths to protect them, attacking
anything that might threaten them, including predators three times her size. But to attack a
sow with her cubs means more than likely getting sprayed by three or four of the smelly
bears.

The Eight Attributes: I.Q. 1D4+2 (low animal intelligence), M.E. 1D6+6, M.A. 1D6, P.S.
2D6+14, P.P. 1D6+14, P.E. 2D6+14, P.B. 1D6+6, Spd 3D6+20/2D6 digging.
Hit Points: 1D4x10
S.D.C.: 3D6+18
Natural Armor Rating: 8
Horror Factor: 14
P.P.E.: 6D6
Magic: None
Psionics: None, although it has the same natural sensitivity to ley lines and magic as
canines do.
Natural Abilities: Nightvision 120 feet (36 m), very fast diggers, excellent sense of
smell and hearing, track by smell 65% (+20% if following a strong or blood scent, can be up
to 48 hours old), good swimmer 80%, climb trees 70%, prowl 35%, and resistant to poison
and toxins (one-third damage, duration, effect, and penalty, if fail the saving throw), and
impervious to the spray of other Aniwye and other smelly odors.
Special Abilities: Noxious stench; Aniwye have two glands, one on each side of the
anus. These glands produce a mixture of acidic chemicals. The odor of the fluid is so strong it
will even affect creatures of magic and supernatural beings. The noxious, fluid can be
sprayed with a high degree of accuracy (+3 to strike), but even those not in the spray are
affected by its terrible odor within a 100 foot (30.5 m) radius and can be smelled by a human
nose up to a two miles (3.2 km) down wind. The liquid itself causes 1D6 points of damage for
four melee rounds to organic materials/leather/skin. The victim then must make a saving
throw of 16 or better (P.E. attribute bonuses can be applied). Those who fail are overcome
by the putrid stench, instantly feel nauseous, are likely to start vomiting (75%), and will be
compelled to flee the area (effectively a Horror Factor of 16). The victim is -8 to initiative, -4
to all combat rolls and maneuvers, plus is -40% to perform any skill, and loses two melee
attacks do to vomiting. Those who make the saving throw or are not directly in the path of
the spray but within the 100 foot radius (30.5 m) suffer only half the penalties and no horror
factor, but still have a 25% chance of vomiting. Anyone sprayed will find themselves reeking
of the terrible odor for 3D4 days (unless receive a remove curse). The smell will never come
out of organic materials (clothes, boots, leather armor, etc). A lingering odor will also remain
for at least 4D6 minutes afterward. Range: 30 feet (9.1m). The spray can be done three
times in a 30 hour period, then requires 30 hours to fully recharge.
Attacks Per Melee: Three physical attacks plus spray (considering an extra attack per
melee).
Damage: Claws 1D6+6 points of damage, bite does 1D6+2 points of damage.
Bonuses: +1 on initiative, +3 to strike, +2 to parry, +3 to save vs. poison and disease,
+2 to roll with punch, and +4 to save vs. horror factor. These are in addition to attribute
bonuses.
Value: Fur: 300 gold; meat (whole animal) 200 gold.
Average Life Span: 20-30 years.
Habitat: Great Northern Wilderness, Eastern Territory, forests of the Timiro Kingdom,
and parts of the Northern Hinterlands.
Language: They understand faerie and speak a guttural version 80%.
Enemies: They have no natural predators, everything fears them; the more sensitive
the nose, the greater the fear. Humanoids, however, value their fur and meat.
Allies: None.
Physical Appearance: A large black bear with an elongated body with relatively short,
well-muscled legs, and long front claws. They may have a single white, thick stripe across
back and tail, two thinner white stripes, or a series of white spots and broken white stripes
Size: 2.5-3.5 feet (0.7-1.06 m) at shoulder, 5-8 feet (1.52-2.43 m) in length, the tail
measures 20-35 inches (50.1-88.9 cm) long.
Weight: 200-500 lbs (90-225 kg). Females usually weigh in the 200-335 lbs (90-150
kg) range.
Rifts® Conversion Notes: Remains an S.D.C. creature in Mega-Damage settings. On
Rifts® Earth, they can be found throughout the sub-arctic of Canada, the Plains and Great
Lake regions of the former United States. The Coalition has a standard issue to all its soldiers
to leave this animal alone or you’re responsible for cleaning the equipment and vehicle
(outside and away from everyone else).
Last edited by Reagren Wright on Thu Dec 12, 2013 8:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reagren Wright

ELLE FOLK

There are two theories about Elle Folk. They are either a sub-species of elf or a genetic
mutated faerie race. They share traits and commonalities with both elves and goblins. Like
elves they live in complex societies with kings, laws, customs, and traditions only they take
place underground. They are cruel, malevolent creatures who are easily attracted to evil and
power. Yet Elle Folk are cautious and reluctant to venture beyond the protection of their
underground cities, namely because of their vulnerability to the sun’s rays. They live deep
underground, in large, crude tunnels and chambers that can extend in all direction for 15 to
20 square miles in diameter. Anywhere from 40-160 (4D4x10) can be found living under the
rule of a single king. The monarch is chosen among their strongest hunters. He remains their
leader until he can be defeated by another in a battle of wits and riddles, should he lose, he
must leave never to return unless he wishes to fight to reclaim his crown. Thus the reason
Elle Folk usually war upon each other. Often the former king is a sibling looking to take back
what he declares is rightfully his. Sometimes half of the Elle folk depart with the exiled king,
choosing to make their home just a few miles away from the other. For the next couple of
decades (sometimes centuries), the two tribes war upon each other until a king is defeated,
then both tribes forget all past crimes and reunite peacefully until its happens all over again
with a new king.

Between their times of warring on each other, Elle Folk entertain themselves with hunting wild
game, which can also include humanoid travelers if they should come across them. Elle Folk
also enjoy dancing and wood carving beneath trees in the moonlight, well at least the men
do. Females sing or play the lyre so beautifully that it can entice hunters and travelers who
hear their song. Young men need to be especially on their guard against Elle females, for their
singing voice can easily charm a mortal man’s mind. The same cannot be said about Elle
males. Their only interest when encountering humanoids is to kill them as quickly and
efficiently as possible.

Most Elle Folk avoid deliberate encounters with humanoids, but they love the taste of beef,
and have devised a means to get the farmer to do most of the work for them. For reasons
unknown their odorless and tasteless spittle and urine has an adverse effect on animals when
consumed after coming into contact with vegetation. At first the cattle look as if they’ve
been attacked by some grievous disease which can only be cured by giving it to eat a
handful of Chase Devil (St. John’s Wort). The color change does not harm the animal or make
it unhealthy, nor does it make its meat inedible, it just looks rotten and moldy. Unable to sell
the animals or eat them, the farmer can choose to abandon the blue animals or destroy them,
either way the Elle Folk will eat the cattle.

Alignments: Anarchist or any evil.
The Eight Attributes: I.Q. 2D6+2, M.E. 2D6+8, M.A. 2D6, P.S. 2D6, P.P. 2D6+10, P.E.
2D6+8, P.B. 1D6+3 (males), 4D6+3 (females), Spd 5D6 (2D6 when digging).
Hit Points: P.E. attribute number plus 1D6 per level of experience.
S.D.C.: 3D6 plus those gained from physical skills and O.C.C. category.
Natural A.R.: 7
Horror Factor/Awe: 8 of 12 if encounter a large group (10 or more).
P.P.E.: 6D6.
O.C.C.s available to Elle Folk: Noble, Beastmaster, Ranger, Thief, Vagabond (peasant),
Miner, Trapper/Woodsman, or Artisan.
O.C.C. Skill Note: In addition to other O.C.C. and related skills, Elle Folk automatically
get the following depending upon their gender; Males: Detect Ambush (+10%), Land
Navigation (+15%), Wilderness Survival (+20%). Females: Play Musical Instrument (+20%),
Sing (+20%), Seduction (+10%), Concealment (+25%), and Wilderness Survival (+15%).
Natural Abilities: Nightvision 300 feet (91 m), excellent sense of hearing and smell, plus
an aptitude for digging and living in tunnels.
Underground Tunneling (Special): Fundamentally the same as for dwarves, only
much cruder. Base Skill: 30% +5% per level of experience.
Underground Architecture: Fundamentally the same skill as for dwarves, only
much simpler and cruder. Base Skill: 20% +5% per level of experience; detection and
deactivation of traps is done at half his normal architecture level.
Underground Sense of Direction: Fundamentally the same skill as for the dwarf.
Base Skill: 40% +5% per level of experience. Judging the approximate relation/proximity to
surface structures (natural and artificial) is poor. Base Skill: 10% +5% per level of experience;
-20% if in an unfamiliar area.
Bonuses: +1 to initiative, +2 to save vs. faerie magic, +1 to save vs. poison,
and +2 to save vs. horror factor.
Special Abilities: Males; Fog of Sickness. Males can belch out poisonous vapor
once an hour equal to a 3rd level Miasma spell, range: 30 feet (9 m) and affects a 10 foot (3
m) area. Females; Charm Song, their singing is similar to a Mermaid’s Song of the
Damned, with the only difference being their magic saving throw requires a 13 or better.
Attacks Per Melee: As per Hand to Hand Combat skill.
Damage: By weapon type or clawed hands inflict 1D4 damage + P.S. bonus, and a bite
attack does 1D4+1 but no P.S. bonus is applicable.
Vulnerabilities: Light greater than a single torch (lantern) is considered bright. Any
greater would be considered blinding (-9 to strike, parry, and dodge). The light of dawn
(rising of the sun) that touches the skin of an Elle Folk transforms them into an oak tree. The
light of dusk (setting of the sun) restores them to normal. As a tree, the folk become rooted
to the ground, requiring a Supernatural P.S. of 30 or greater to move them. As a tree, their
Natural Armor Rating becomes 13 and they acquire an additional 200 S.D.C. They cannot
move as trees, nor are the capable of responding to any form of communications including
telepathy. Their consciousness is locked in suspended animation. A Globe of Daylight is not
powerful enough to cause the transformation but the light is blinding and reduces all combat
bonuses, Spd attribute, & attacks per melee by half. A Globe of True Daylight can bring about
the transformation.
Psionics: None
Value: None, although they are hunted and executed on sight by orders of various
ruling human nobles of the Land of the South Winds. In the Timiro Kingdom, they are
responsible for dozens of lost cattle each season.
Average Life Span: 120 years average, although some have lived to be almost 180.
Habitat: Found beneath the surface of secluded woodlands or under fruit tree bearing
hills.
Language: Speak Faerie and Gobblely 98%, understand and speak a guttural form of
Dragonese/Elven at 50%.
Enemies: Humans, kobolds, troglodytes, dwarves, and gnomes. They dislike good faerie
folk. They are indifferent toward elves and wolfen. Yet the worst enemy is likely a rival group
of Elle Folk, who is usually their closest neighbor and may share numerous common relatives.
Allies: They rejoice being around evil and ugly faerie people such as goblins,
hobgoblins, bogies, toadstools, and satyrs. May associate with powerful evil beings adept
with magic particularly summoners, and they always seek to align themselves whenever
possible with were-beasts or vampires.
Physical Appearance: Elle Folk are short, thin men and women of slight builds with
large, pointed ears. All males look elderly and almost always wear a low-crowned hat on their
head. The hat hides the bald head with a stingy crop of black or grey hair behind the ears.
They are not muscular and seem a bit flabby, despite their thinness. Females are young,
delicate, split high with an attractive expression and long, silky black hair. The back and
shoulders of all females is hollow about a foot (.3 m) wide, 1½ feet (.45 m) deep, and 8 to 12
inches (20-30 cm) long. A flap of skin conceals this cavity from view and keeps items from
falling out. This hollow area can be used for storage, but females are embarrassed to show it
anyone (considered something private and personal). Both males and females smell like rancid
milk.
Size: 4-5 feet (1.2 to 1.5 m) tall.
Weight: 90-120 lbs (40.5 to 54 kg)
Rifts® Conversion Notes: Becomes an MDC creature in Mega-Damage settings with
4D6 M.D.C. The O.C.C.s available on Rifts® Earth, Vagabond, Wilderness Scout, Bandit,
Professional Thief, or Sheriff (equal to Noble). Elle Folk dwell in remote locations far removed
from surface villages, towns, and cities. They will defend their underground dwellings to the
very last individual, if threatened by surfaces armies such as the Coalition, Triax, the Republic
of Columbia, and the Geofront. They can be found in any secluded mild temperate or tropical
wilderness in the world. They can be found in abundance beneath the surface of jungles and
tropical forests of South and Central America. Here they align themselves with the Vampire
Kingdom of Haktla, yet they also make alliances with were-beasts (were-jaguars), thus
forging alliances with both sides. Note: O.C.C. & Skill Adjustment. Elle Folk are not interested
in high technology, science, or other aspects of surface dwellers. Consider them Traditional
Native Americans in regard to use of technology and a simply lifestyle close to nature.

Other Notes:
1. They once worship exclusively the Death Cult of Utu, now however the worship of
Vald-Tegor (not the Cult of the Undead) is starting to grow among their number.
2. They rarely leave the confines of the wilderness, unless it’s at night to explore a
nearby surface city, or they find easy access to steal precious stones/metals, iron/steal,
gold, food, or alcohol. They have little need of surface magic items, paper, or technology.
3. Expert craftsmen, miners, and diggers. Have been known to create sink holes
beneath human dwellings just to destroy them.
4. They are malevolent being and best avoided.
5. They enjoy the taste of beef and will steal/slaughter an entire heard of cattle if they can.
Reagren Wright

FACHIN

Sometimes called a Peg-Leg-Jack, these creatures are cousins to Boogie-Men but share little
in common with them. While Boogie-Men traverse the old cities of the world, haunting dark
allies and slums, Fachin prefer the wilderness, far removed from humanoid civilization. They
love deserted places, abandoned strongholds and old ruins. They can also be found living in
vacant underground dwellings of any subterranean race (dwarf, kobold, troglodyte, etc).
Fachin desire their privacy. Though he is likely to be alone, he must be considered highly
dangerous and likely to kill any who wanders into his territory. His mere appearance alone is
enough to frighten a common man into almost having a heart attack. And though he looks
incapable of a engaging in a fight, his strong, singular, withered arm can tear down a tree or
slash through the strongest dwarf made armor.

Fachin are not as ignorant as their cousins. They are expert navigators, and more than likely
to know the location of any lost temple hidden deep in the wilderness. They too are quite
cunning and deceitful, lurking in shadow to strike with stealth and their horrific looks (horror
factor aura actually). Anyone they’ve defeated in combat will be mutilated then devoured.
Fachin are omnivores, preferring to eat wild game, fruits, and nuts. They are especially keen
on apples. A lone individual might leap up and down for several hours, snatching and gulping
down all the fruit from a single tree since they can eat their weight in apples in a single
sitting. Similarly they possess a unique enchantment that can turn apples as hard as stone.
The enchantment is permanent any many Fachin can be seen carrying a flail dripping with
bewitched apples. If not carrying an apple flail, the Fachin is just as likely to carry a spiked or
war club. Having a single arm and leg makes carrying anything rather encumbering so they
take and want as little as possible. If he can’t eat it, the ugly muck wants nothing to do with
it. Fachin are neither impressed nor amused by shinny metals or precious stones. Tempting
them with babbles and trinkets is useless, but they crave any type of alcohol produced by
fermentation of grains and fruits (beer and wine). They don’t care for mead or beverages that
require distillation after fermentation. Yet to engage one in conversation is perilous for he
likely wants to kill the person he’s talking to than desire anything in his backpack.

Alignments: Any, but almost always evil.
The Eight Attributes: I.Q. 1D6+3, M.E. 2D6, M.A. 1D6, P.S. 4D6+6 (supernatural), P.P.
3D6, P.E. 4D6, P.B. 1D6, Spd 2D6+6 (hopping).
Hit Points: P.E. attribute number plus 1D6 per level of experience.
S.D.C.: 1D4x10.
Natural A.R.: 9
Horror Factor/Awe: 16. Unlike a normal horror factor roll which only has to be saved on
the initial encounter, Fachin radiate a powerful aura of evil, horror, and power that frightens
opponents almost into submission. A failed roll mean the individual loses initiative, lose one
attack/melee action, and cannot defend himself (no parry or dodge) against the creature’s
first attack of the melee round. The following melee everyone must roll again, even those
who successfully saved the following melee. This continues until the creature is slain or flees
beyond a 20 foot (6 m) radius.
P.P.E.: 3D6
O.C.C.s available to Fachin: Thief, assassin, or vagabond/peasant.
Natural Abilities: Supernatural strength and endurance, superior sense of balance
(+5% to acrobatics & gymnastics), horror factor aura (see above), never gets dizzy or
vertigo, nightvision 90 feet (27.4 m), land navigation 90%, wilderness survival 92%, excellent
day vision, prowl 70%, and superior leaping-equal to P.S. attribute number x2 feet (3 m)
across (one-half for vertical).
Attacks per Melee: Four, regardless of experience level or hand to hand combat
training.
Damage: Supernatural P.S. the following are in addition to the supernatural P.S.
damage: Giant hand claws 1D6 damage per punch, stab, or raking strike. Leap Kick with
clawed foot 2D6. Leaping pounce has a 01-45% chance of knocking human size pray off
balance or even off his feet (victim loses initiative and one melee attack). The kick and
pounce count as two melee attacks/action per round.
Bonuses: +1 to initiative, +1 to parry & dodge, +2 to roll with punch, +5 to maintain
balance, +2 to save vs. all poison, and +6 to save vs. horror factor.
Vulnerabilities: Having one leg and one arm may seem a liability but Fachin suffers no
penalty because of it. However, if knocked off his foot, he not only loses initiative but lose
two melee attacks/actions just to stand back up again.
Value: None, they are a menace to a farmer’s orchards.
Average Life Span: 400 years, some have lived as long as 500.
Habitat: Temperate wilderness or grasslands.
Language: Gobblely and two others, usually one human (pick two)
Enemies: Humans, elves, dwarves, and gnomes. Indifferent to everyone else.
Allies: None per se, but least fearful of goblins and hob-goblins. They regard
Boogie-Men as true friends and allies.
Physical Appearance: A truly bizarre looking creature with a single eye, a very wide
mouth, one tuft of black hair on its head, a very wide mouth, a single, mangled, arm-like
appendage protruding out of the center of its chest, and its single leg from its hip, but bent
at an awkward angle. It wears a rough cloak of tattered black feathers.
Size: 2-3 feet (0.6 to 0.9 tall.
Weight: 75 lbs (33.75 kg) of solid muscle.
Rifts® Conversion Notes: Remains an SDC being in a Mega-Damage setting however
their P.S. and hand attacks can inflict MDC damage. On Rifts® Earth, Fachin can be found in
abundance on the British Isles and throughout Europe in regions not controlled or patrolled
regularly by Triax. They avoid the Gargoyle Empire and the Brodkill whenever possible.
Note: The apple-flail of a fachin though peculiar looking can fetch a price of 1500 gold
for those desiring such an unusual weapon. It is +1 to strike and parry, and inflicts the same
damage as a normal flail, but will harm creatures/beings impervious to normal weapons
(consider it a cheap magic weapon).
Reagren Wright

MARINE LION

Marine Lions are similar to their land based relatives. The pride consists of five or six related
females, their cubs of both sexes, and one or two males who mate with the adult females and
defend the pride from other predators, namely sea serpents and large sharks. Groups of
female marine lions typically hunt together, preying mostly on squid, bony fish, sharks,
porpoises, sea turtles, and seabirds. Lone males will devour anything they can catch and kill.
The lions do on occasion prey upon humanoids, but such attacks almost always occur
because the lion smells blood in the water. These animals are also extremely territorial and
attack animals that enter their territory or threaten their young. Marine Lions can come
ashore, but they only do so to mate and to scavenge dead or dying animals near the water’s
edge. Lions have even boarded dock fishing ships because the smell of blood is so strong.
Because of several notorious attacks, one involving a respectable nobleman, all vessels that
dock in any of the harbors in the Timiro Kingdom are required to keep their boats clean or
face a serious fine (60-80 gold a day).

A female will give birth to a litter of one to four cubs in a secluded underwater cave usually
away from the rest of the pride. She will often hunt by herself while the cubs are still
helpless, staying relatively close to the cave where the cubs are kept. The cubs are born
blind but fully able to swim. They will stay in the den at least until three weeks of age where
they are old enough (and large enough) to join back up with the pride. Both females and
males (especially the male pride leader) will defend the young from potential enemies,
sometimes attacking without provocation, just to be sure, the victim makes no intension of
targeting the youngsters.

Typically, several females work together and encircle large prey from different points. Once
they have closed within 50 feet (15.24 m), one female goes for the initial kill strike. The
attack is short and powerful, lunging vertically up and tearing off chunks off their preys’
flanks and fins, or sometimes biting the tail clean off. Large prey like sharks and dolphin get
grabbed by the lion’s front claws then it starts tearing hunk of meat off their victim body until
it stops moving and/or bleeds to death. Once the prey is immobilized or dead, the other
females move in.

Most sailors and fishermen do not consider marine lions a serious threat. In fact, marine lions
will attack sea serpents and other giant oceanic predators that threaten sailing vessels. If
anything marine lions face a more serious threat from the Western Empire. Their scaly pelts
are prized in the Western Empire by aristocrats, merchants, and mariners. The Timiro Kingdom
regards them more as a nuisance because the animals have the tendency to scavenge
long-lined and netted fish.

Alignments: Considered anarchist or miscreant
The Eight Attributes: I.Q. 1D4+4 (high animal intelligence), M.E. 2D6, M.A. 1D6, P.S.
2D6+18, P.P. 2D6+12, P.E. 3D6+8, P.B. 2D6, Spd 1D6+6 (waddle walk), 31 mph (50 km)
swimming with a short burst of 46 mph (76 km) for two minutes.
Hit Points: 4D6+20
S.D.C.: 1D4x10 for females. 1D6x10+20 for males.
Horror Factor: 10 for an individual, 16 when facing four or more
P.P.E.: 3D6
Psionics: None, but they can sense the supernatural and places of power in the water
or on land (same as normal lions). Like their land cousins, marine lions avoid such places.
Natural Abilities: Swim 100%, breathe underwater indefinitely, and breathe on land for
1D4 hours, keen vision and sense of smell. Their sense of smell is especially sensitive to the
scent of blood. It can smell a few drops of blood 1000 yards away and a gallon or more for
one mile (1.6 km). Nightvision 120 feet (36.5 m), prowl 70%, track by sight or smell 70%
(+15% if bleeding), and leap 30 feet (9 m) out of the water.
Attacks per Melee: 3
Damage: Claws 2D6+4 points of damage, full strength bite does 3D6 points, and a
slashing tail does 1D6 damage. Increase the damage by 1D6 points if the lion is male.
Bonuses: +2 on initiative, +3 to strike, +1 to parry, +4 to dodge, +6 to save vs. poison
& drugs, +3 to save vs. mind control, and +6 to save vs. horror factor.
Average Life Span: 45-60 years
Value: The scaly pelt is worth 180 gold coins in the Western Empire. Young cubs can
be domesticated but after one year there is an ever increasing 15% chance the animal will
suddenly turn on its owner regardless how well it’s been trained or made to love/obey its
owner.
Habitat: Open seas worldwide.
Language: None, but they have a voice similar to that of elves.
Enemies: Other sharks, sea serpents, dolphins & whales, and humanoids.
Allies: None, if its looks weak and helpless (and bleeding) marine lions will attack and
kill anything.
Physical Appearance: These animals have the body of a lion (African type) with a
vertically-elongated shark tail. Their bodies are completely covered in brilliant metallic blue
scales. Males have greenish manes.
Size: An average adult specimen will measure nearly 10 feet (3 m). Some mature males
can exceed a length of 12 feet (3.65m).
Weight: 400-800 lbs (180 to 360 kg) is an average weight. The largest males can
weigh 1300 lbs (585 kg).
Rifts® Conversion Notes: Still an S.D.C. creature in Mega-Damage settings. Its
attacks only inflict S.D.C. damage. On the Rifts® Earth setting, Marine Lions can be found
throughout the Mediterranean Sea, especially off the coast of Africa. They have made their
way into the Indian Ocean. They avoid contact with the Lord of the Deep and other
supernatural sea creatures. Marine Lions are prized by Lemuria who possesses the knowledge
to train them to become riding animals and war steeds.
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

I'm liking the Elle Folk, Reagren. I had actually contemplated doing something similar. Well done.
Reagren Wright

Best part again about those guys, I didn't make them up. Their actual fairy folk people believed existed as are all the
creatures I recently put on the board. Real life fantasy is so much easier than make believe fantasy.
jade von delioch
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by jade von delioch »

Demon of Weakness:

They appear as a 6ft tall gaunt old man, in a hooded cloak that is as black as pitch. Their eyes are black as a starless night, their skin as pale as bone, and their mouth is full of row upon row of sharp shark like teeth. You can see their bone structure clearly defined through their skin (think Iggy Pop or 50+ yr old Madonna) and they have no sign of body hair. Their hands are bone and frail looking, but they can instantly grow out the tips of them into wicked sharp claws about 8 inches long. They hate live as much as any other demon, but likes to play with its food first.

Alignment: Diabolic
Attributes:
IQ 4D6
ME 3D6
MA 3D6
PS 4D6 +3
PP 4D6+2
PE 3D6+3
PB 2D6
SPD 6D6 +8

SDC 4D6 x10
HP PE + 4D6 +10
AR 14
Horror factor: 13
ISP: 3D6 x10

Abilities:
Claws: 4D6 damage (plus strength bonus)and retractable. When successfully attacked the defender must make a save vs. magic 14 or higher or 1D4 point permanently from one of the following: Physical Strength, Physical Endurance, Physical Prowess, or Speed. The demon sucks these out and adds them to his own.
Bio-Regeneration: 3D6 per round.
Major Psionic: 6 powers from the Sensitive or Healing category and 6 from the Physical category.
See the Invisible
Nightvision 200 ft
Turn self into Shadow (Cannot physically attack in this state).
Dimensional Teleport 46%
Fire resistant (Half damage from magic Fire)
Supernatural Strength

Weakness:
Silver and Holy Weapons do double damage.

Attacks per round: 5
Bonuses: +4 dodge and parry. +5 to strike. +3 to save vs magic. +2 to initiative, +6 to save vs horror factor, +1 on all other saving throws.
Magic: none
Last edited by jade von delioch on Thu Jan 02, 2014 11:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
member of-Our Lady of the Boundless Ammo
D20 is the pollution of the game industry.. do not buy into the pollutant, buy the cool rich taste of palladium.
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

My main criticism of this is that you have a set number listed for each of the attributes as if this were a single character rather than a ranged die roll for each attribute for a race. Or is this supposed to be a specific character?
jade von delioch
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by jade von delioch »

It was. However, I'll do a quick edit and make that change.
member of-Our Lady of the Boundless Ammo
D20 is the pollution of the game industry.. do not buy into the pollutant, buy the cool rich taste of palladium.
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

Thank you. It reads much better now for creating a demon of that type rather than as a set character.
pblackcrow
Champion

Unread post by pblackcrow »

The Mystic White Lion

A race of intelligent large than normal, white lions who can speak, use magic and psyonics, and metamorph into a humanoid form (or partial) any time it chooses for however long it chooses. They have been used as judges and lawmen for their legendary able to see into the very souls of someone. However, this isn't true. They simply have a very astute ability of observation, logic, and deductive reasoning. There are rumors of a king in the old kingdom.

Horror factor: 6 (If considered an unjust person who knows the legend: 12) Awe factor: 5
IQ: 3D8, ME: 3d8, MA: 3d8, PS: Lion form: 4d6, human form -5 from Lions form,....I will finish this later. Sorry guys!
Ankh, udja, seneb.
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

I have some ideas for more tauric creatures so should have something to post here soon.
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

The ideas I have planned to do at the moment are the Rhinotaur, a pig-based centaur creature and a mer-creature with the lower body of a whale and the upper body of a giant.

I have completed the Rhinotaur and will post it now:

Rhinotaur

Rhinotaurs are a race of half-man, half-rhinoceros. They are a rare, seclusive people whose origin is lost to antiquity.
Rhinotaurs live in muddy areas and grasslands in groups of 4 to 5 or as solitary individuals. Some will travel to other areas to learn trades, and if so they make excellent blacksmiths and have been noted for their work in masonry and stone sculpture.

Alignment: Any
Attributes: I.Q. 3d6, M.E. 2d6, M.A. 2d6, P.S. 3d6+20, P.P. 3d6, P.E. 5d6, P.B. 2d6, Spd 5d6
Hit Points: P.E. +1d6 per level of experience
S.D.C.: 60 plus those gained from O.C.C.s and physical skills.
A.R.: 8
Horror Factor: 12
O.C.C.s Available to Rhinotaurs: Any
Natural Abilities: Excellent swimmers (85%), track 60%, prowl 60%. Incapable of leaping.
Attacks Per Melee: Three per round, or by hand to hand combat, whichever is greater.
Damage: Head butt 2d4 points of damage, horn attack does 2d6, kick with front legs does 3d6 points of damage, hind legs 5d6, trample does 5d6+10 points of damage. Can also attack using weapons.
Bonuses: +4 to damage, +1 to initiative, +2 to strike and parry, +1 to dodge, +2 to save vs. Horror Factor.
Average Life Span: 80 years, some have lived to 120.
Value: 600 to 1200 gold
Habitat: Ophid's Grasslands, Land of the South Winds.
Enemies: They dislike most other races and humanoids in general.
Allies: Other tauric races
Physical Appearance: They look like rhinoceroses with a human torso coming out of the neck. The head, hands and belly are all humanoid, though the thick armored hide covers their entire body and they have a single thick, spiky horn protruding from their foreheads.
Size: 12-14 feet long, 7-8 feet tall at the shoulder.
Weight: 2600-5000 pounds
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

I am taking more time than anticipated with the Pigtaurs than anticipated because I am trying to work out details of their social order and the fact that they are cannibals. Hope to have something to post soon.
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

Pigtaur

Pigtaurs are a race of half-man, half-pig. Also called Pork-kin, they are a rare people whose origin is lost to antiquity. They are cannibals who will feed on each other if other food is scarce or to exercise population control (see below).
Pigtaurs have a matriarchal society where the males are kept as slaves to serve the female breeders. A Pigtaur tribe is made up of a female chieftain who keeps a stable of 7-12 (6+1d6) concubines, and the children produced by the chieftain and said concubines. The female chieftain will typically produce 4-16 (4d4) children in one birthing, though if giving birth to more than 8 children at one time, the mother will kill and eat some of them to reduce the burden of raising so many. Female children are also consumed in this way to allow the chieftain to limit the number of females in the tribe. After mating with a male, the chieftain will also sometimes kill the sire to provide food for herself and others in the tribe.
While they are cannibals, Pigtaurs can also survive by eating meat from other sources, and from eating roots and vegetables. It is the job of the adult males to hunt, gather and farm food for the tribe, as well as build any structures used by the tribe.
Amongst the males of the tribe, there is a hierarchy based on strength, with the males engaging in contests of strength to determine who is the chief concubine, and who is to breed next, etc. The male who becomes chief concubine serves as the male leader of the tribe, subservient only to the female chieftain, and will often hold that title well into old age, being spared from being killed by the chieftain even once breeding with her. Male children of the chieftain will often be traded to other tribes once they reach maturity, in exchange for new concubines. Likewise, males who have bred with the chieftain who are not killed may also be traded for fresh concubines.
Females reaching maturity will become a threat to the chieftain of the tribe, and so will be sent to create tribes of their own, typically being granted 6 males out of the available concubines and brothers of the young female. This is to allow the maturing female to form her own tribe. Females who choose or are forced to breed prior to reaching maturity are similarly outcast, but will typically be granted only the weakest and most sickly of the males available or none at all. Females found wandering with males who have not yet reached maturity are a prime target for other tribes who will try to kill the young female and steal her males.
Pigtaurs' faces resemble those of humans with the exception of having snouts and the males will typically have tusks.

Alignment: Selfish or evil
Attributes: I.Q. 3d6, M.E. 2d6, M.A. 2d6, P.S. 4d6, P.P. 3d6, P.E. 4d6, P.E. 2d6, Spd 3d6
S.D.C.: 25 plus those gained from O.C.C.s and physical skills
Natural A.R.: 6
O.C.C.s available to Pigtaurs: Any, but rarely study magic
Natural Abilities: Nightvision 40 feet, prowl 50%, track 80%, swim 50%
Attacks Per Melee: Three per round or by hand to hand combat, whichever is greater
Damage: Males have tusks which do 2d6 points of damage; kick with front legs does 2d4 points of damage, hind legs 3d6, or by weapon
Bonuses: +4 damage, +1 to initiative, +2 to strike, +2 to dodge
Average Life Span: 60 years unless killed; some have lived to 100
Value: Meat: 200-300 gold
Habitat: Great Northern Wilderness
Enemies: None per se; will war with other tribes of their own kind
Physical Appearance: They look like pigs with a human torso coming out of the neck. The head, hands and belly are all human, though they have a snout and the males have tusks. They also have six teats on the upper human torso in addition to those on the pig-like portion of the body.
Size: 5-6 feet tall
Weight: 350-600 pounds
Notes: Pigtaurs prefer bladed weapons and banded metal armor, but have also been known to craft armor and weapons out of bone, using the remains on those they eat to do so. As tauric creatures, they cannot wear full suits of armor, but rather wear half-suits. They do not typically wear clothing, however the chieftain and favored concubines will adorn themselves in large amounts of jewelry as a sign of their ranking within the tribe.
Gryphon Chick
Adventurer
Comment: "Incredible Cosmic Power! ...teeny tiny living space."

Unread post by Gryphon Chick »

Stone Gargoyle wrote:Notes: Pigtaurs prefer bladed weapons and banded metal armor, but have also been known to craft armor and weapons out of bone, using the remains on those they eat to do so. As tauric creatures, they cannot wear full suits of armor, but rather wear half-suits. They do not typically wear clothing, however the chieftain and favored concubines will adorn themselves in large amounts of jewelry as a sign of their ranking within the tribe.
What is the AR of bone armor, anyway?
"Sorry, I'm busy tonight...Same thing I do every night...Trying the take over the world..."
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

Gryphon Chick wrote:
Stone Gargoyle wrote:Notes: Pigtaurs prefer bladed weapons and banded metal armor, but have also been known to craft armor and weapons out of bone, using the remains on those they eat to do so. As tauric creatures, they cannot wear full suits of armor, but rather wear half-suits. They do not typically wear clothing, however the chieftain and favored concubines will adorn themselves in large amounts of jewelry as a sign of their ranking within the tribe.
What is the AR of bone armor, anyway?
I wasn't sure myself, which is why I didn't include and stats for it. I just thought it was a logical use of bodies they feed upon.
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

Balu

These gentle giants are akin to mermaids, having the upper body of a giant humanoid and the lower body of a whale. They inhabit the oceans of the Palladium World and are beautiful in their own way.
Balu are quiet in spite of their size and speak mind-to-mind rather than out loud, being natural psychics. They generally travel in mated pairs or alone, and once they have a child, they will settle down in one location to raise it. They rarely have more than one or two children.

Alignment: Good
Attributes: I.Q. 3d6, M.E. 4d6, M.A. 4d6, P.S. 5d6+2, P.P. 4d6, P.E. 4d6, P.B. 3d6, Spd 1d6 (X5 swimming)
S.D.C.: 1d4X10+40, plus those gained from O.C.C. and physical skills
Natural A.R.: 10
P.P.E.: 6d6
O.C.C.s Available to Balu: Any with the exception of magical O.C.C.s. Balu cannot use magic!
Skill Notes: All Balu speak Troll/Giantese.
Physical Appearance: Giant humanoid torso, head and arms with the lower body of a whale. Males are generally bald. Those having hair on the head will have it matching the color of the skin, which comes in shades of blue, gray and white.
Height: 15-20 feet long; 14 +1d6 additional feet
Weight: 800 to 2000 pounds
Average Life Span: 300 years, but some have lived to 500
Natural Abilities: Superior physical strength and endurance. Poor day vision, nightvision 60 feet (can see in total darkness), swim 100%, breathe underwater (indefinitely, as well as breathe air above water), resistant to cold (half damage), sense magnetic north 90%, electromagnetic sensitivity, echo-location/sonar, maximum depth tolerance one mile.
Attacks Per Melee: Three, or by hand to hand combat, whichever is greater
Damage: Tail slap does 3d6 damage +P.S. damage bonus. As a giant, a restrained, open-handed slap does 1d6 damage, a restrained punch does 2d4 damage, a full strength punch inflicts 2d6 damage +P.S. damage bonus, a power punch does 4d6 damage +P.S. damage bonus but counts as two attacks. Can also attack using weapons.
Psionics: All Balu are Mind Mages. Average two to fifth level. If used as a player character, start at level one.
Habitat: Oceans
Favorite Weapons: Spears
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

I was reading over the writeup of Gryphons in the Monsters & Animals book this morning and decided I want to do a different version with greater intelligence and that does not have bird legs for the front legs but rather has a full lion body and legs with the head and wings of a bird. I may also do a revised version of my Grifficorn as well as a version of a Hippogryph and an antlered and hooved griffin-like creature inspired by a picture I saw in a book.
The Oh So Amazing Nate
Hero

Unread post by The Oh So Amazing Nate »

Stone Gargoyle wrote:I was reading over the writeup of Gryphons in the Monsters & Animals book this morning and decided I want to do a different version with greater intelligence and that does not have bird legs for the front legs but rather has a full lion body and legs with the head and wings of a bird. I may also do a revised version of my Grifficorn as well as a version of a Hippogryph and an antlered and hooved griffin-like creature inspired by a picture I saw in a book.

Given what I know.. a lion body with bird head and forelegs = hippogryph
Bird head and full lion body = Regular gryphon
I've never heard of a grifficorn
Antlered and hooved... does it still have a bird head (but with antlers?) and hooves instead of lion paws??
Because there is the Peryton which looks like a deer with fangs and wings and is already in the monsters and animals book (at least it is in the one I have).
Look upon me and tremble ye masses. For I am The Necroposter!
keir451 wrote:Amazing Nate; Thanks for your support!

Razzinold wrote:And the award for best witty retort to someone reporting a minor vehicular collision goes to:
The Oh So Amazing Nate!

Nate, you sir win the internet for today! You've definitely earned the "oh so amazing" part of your name today. :lol:
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

The Oh So Amazing Nate wrote:
Stone Gargoyle wrote:I was reading over the writeup of Gryphons in the Monsters & Animals book this morning and decided I want to do a different version with greater intelligence and that does not have bird legs for the front legs but rather has a full lion body and legs with the head and wings of a bird. I may also do a revised version of my Grifficorn as well as a version of a Hippogryph and an antlered and hooved griffin-like creature inspired by a picture I saw in a book.

Given what I know.. a lion body with bird head and forelegs = hippogryph
Bird head and full lion body = Regular gryphon
I've never heard of a grifficorn
Antlered and hooved... does it still have a bird head (but with antlers?) and hooves instead of lion paws??
Because there is the Peryton which looks like a deer with fangs and wings and is already in the monsters and animals book (at least it is in the one I have).
A hippogryph is a horse with bird front legs and head and wings, though in my version will have a full horse body with bird head and wings. There is no Hippogryph listed in the Monsters & Animals book currently that I know of.
The regular Gryphon in the Monsters & Animals book has the front legs of a bird. Plus they are only animal intelligence and cannot cast magic. I intend to change those things with my version.
The Grifficorn is my own invention and was posted earlier in this thread.
The antlered and hooved griffin I intend to create will have a bird head and beak, not fangs.
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

Gryphon (Variant)

I am making this a variant type in case people want to use the one in the book and this one in addition to that.

Gryphons are intelligent creatures of magic that appear to be a combination of eagle and lion. Their origin is unknown, but it is suspected that they were created by a great wizard or god to fight in a war in ancient times. They can be found in the cliffs of remote mountain ranges, particularly those in the north.
Gryphons prefer to live isolated from other races, which they consider a threat to their nests and eggs. In spite of having a lion body, the Gryphon will lay eggs rather than bear live young. Even though they live so isolated, adult males will often travel to hire themselves on as mercenaries, and when doing so will let humanoids ride on their backs.

Alignment: Any, but are typically of Good alignment
Attributes: I.Q. 3d6, M.E. 2d6, M.A. 2d6, P.S. 4d6, P.P. 4d6, P.E.5d6, P.B. 4d6, Spd 4d6 running, 1d6X10+48 flying
S.D.C.: 4d6+20 plus any gained by O.C.C. or physical skills
Horror Factor: 13
P.P.E.: 1d6X10
O.C.C.s available to Gryphons: Mercenary warrior, or any practitioner of magic
Natural Abilities: Fly, nightvision 120 feet, exceptional hawk-like vision (can see a rabbit two miles away), 180 degree arc for peripheral vision, prowl 66%, track by sight 54%. Have talons rather than paws for feet which can be manipulated as hands, allowing them to write and use weapons and tools.
Attacks Per Melee: Three hand to hand or two by magic (if known)
Damage: Restrained talon/claw attack does 1d6 damage, full strength talon/claw attack does 3d6 damage, bite does 1d6 damage, or by weapon.
Bonuses: +4 on initiative, +4 to strike, +3 to parry, +4 to dodge, +4 to save vs. Horror Factor
Average Life Span: 200 years
Value: Slave/trained adult: 30,000+ gold
Habitat: Mountains worldwide, particularly those in the north
Enemies: Vampires and other undead
Allies: Humans and elves
Physical Appearance: They have the head of an eagle, the body of a lion, feet which resemble talons, and great feathered wings. Their bodies are also covered by downy feathers rather than fur.
Size: Six feet tall, ten feet long, plus tail
Weight: 180-280 pounds
Notes:Gryphons are extremely loyal and honest in their dealings. They often gather in small loose knit communities of 4d4. A mated pair (they mate for life) can produce 1d6 eggs once every eight years. Young leave the parents at the age of ten or eleven and reach maturity by age fifteen. Gryphons typically feed on sheep, goats, deer and large foul.
Variant Notes: GMs may wish to use this race of Gryphons in addition to the race listed in the Monsters & Animals book. If so, just call these Gryphons something else and use both!
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

I am currently in the process of writing up creatures native to my realm of Kh'ron which I will be posting here and linking back to my Kronos, God of Time thread. I currently have a type of insect-deer hybrid called a Scarabou and two types of clockwork spiders written up and am in the process of writing up an intelligent race of giant spiders who use steampunk style technology. I will be posting the ones I have done in the next couple of days as I have time.
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

Scarabou

Scarabou are a type of insect-deer hybrid native to the realm of Kh'ron which have thick plating on parts of their body and wings which rest on their backs providing a hard shell when not in use. The plating and shell is an iridescent color which ranges from green to purple, but is sometimes gold, and is reflective of light. As natives of Kh'ron, they can manipulate time in their defense if attacked.

Alignment: Considered good
Attributes: I.Q. 1d6 (animal intelligence), M.E. 1d6, M.A. 1d6, P.S. 4d6, P.P. 3d6, P.E. 4d6, P.B. 4d6, Spd 4d6 (X2 flying)
Size: Body: 5 to 6 and a half feet; tail: up to 11 inches
Weight: 300-750 pounds
Hit Points: 4d6
S.D.C.: 2d6+50
P.P.E.: 3d6
A.R.: 13
Attacks per melee: 2
Damage: Kick does 2d4 points of damage, butt with horns 2d6+4
Natural Abilities: Flying, swim 60%, prowl 60%, leap up to 8 feet high and 16 feet long. Immune to temporal effects and magic. Natural body armor plating.
Temporal Slowing: Can slow time if attacked (those attacking them suffer -4 to initiative and reduced to half attacks).
Light Reflection: Their bodies reflect light due to the iridescent plating (those attacking them suffer a penalty of -2 to strike if in normal daylight, twice that if it is a sunny day).
Average Life Span: 30-40 years.
Value: Armor plating (desired for armor): 40-50 gold, meat (whole animal): 100 gold
Habitat: Grasslands, open brush land, and tundra.
Range: Found exclusively in the realm of Kh'ron
Behavior: Scarabou are herbivores and their diet consists mainly of plant materials such as grasses and shrubs to lichens. These creatures are shy and elusive and do not associate in large herds (4d6). Young females usually produce a single young after a gestation period of 6 to 7 months; older females may produce 2 or 3 young at a time.
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

Pocketwatch Spider

Pocketwatch Spiders are clockwork creatures native to the realm of Kh'ron which are sometimes kept as pets. They are roughly the size of pocket watches and have a clock in their abdomen. When living on their own, they will spin intricate webs of chain which can be used to entangle prey.

Size: 3-6 inches
Weight: A few ounces
A.R.: 8
Hit Points and S.D.C. Combined: 2d6
P.P.E.: 5d6
Attacks per melee: 1
Damage: Bite does 1d6 points of damage, whipping opponents with chain does 1d4 points of damage, can wrap victims in chain and constrict chain for 1d4 damage per melee round.
Bonuses: +2 initiative, +2 to strike and entangle, +2 to dodge
Natural Abilities: Eats metal to produce chain webs with an S.D.C. of 1 point per foot. Prowl 80%, climb 98%.
Speed: 5
Average Life Span: 100 years
Value: 100 gold
Habitat: Realm of Kh'ron forests
Range: Great Clock Face of Kh'ron, Great Gears of Kh'ron
Behavior: Pocketwatch Spiders eat minerals which allow them to generate webs of chain which they use to weave walkways between plants and buildings they anchor them to. They are fairly docile creatures and make great pets.

Cog Spider

Cog Spiders are clockwork creatures native to the realm of Kh'ron which instinctively repair the naturally occurring machines there. They are bigger than their cousin, the Pocketwatch Spider, and similar to other clockwork creatures in Kh'ron, they eat minerals to produce metal, in this case creating machine parts with which they make repairs. Their primary purpose in life seems to be to replace damaged or missing cogs and parts in machines. For this reason, they are sometimes kept as pets by machinesmiths and tinkerers.

Size: 4-8 inches
Weight: A few ounces
A.R.: 10
Hit Points and S.D.C. Combined: 3d6
P.P.E.: 5d6
Damage: Bite does 1d6 points of damage
Bonuses: +1 initiative, +3 to strike, +1 to dodge
Natural Abilities: Eats metal to produce cogs and machine parts, instinctively repairs machines by replacing damaged and missing pieces. Prowl 80%, climb 98%.
Speed: 3
Average Life Span: 10 years
Value: 100 gold
Habitat: Anywhere there are machines within the realm of Kh'ron
Range: Anywhere in Kh'ron
Behavior: Cog Spiders eat minerals which allow them to generate cogs and machine parts which they instinctively use to repair machines. They are fairly docile unless provoked and make great pets.
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

Giant Tinker Spider

The Giant Tinker Spider is a highly intelligent arachnid native to the realm of Kh'ron. Members of this race are master mechanics and repairmen even though they require the use of special tools to do their work due to having pincher-claws and not hands. Much of their equipment and tools must be acquired through trade with other races. It is believed that their high intelligence may have been the result of some strange magical experiment to make them into what they are as the repairmen to the many machines of Kh'ron.

Alignment: Any, but usually of good alignments
Attributes: I.Q. 3d6, M.E. 2d6, M.A.2d6, P.S. 4d6, P.P. 3d6, P.E. 4d6, P.B. 2d6, Spd 2d6
S.D.C.: 2d4X10
A.R.: 6
Horror Factor: 12
P.P.E.: 3d6
O.C.C.s Available to Giant Tinker Spider: Any, but favor O.C.C.s where mechanical and construction skills are used.
Skill Notes: +10% to any skills related to mechanics and construction. Automatically gets Paired Weapons skill.
Natural Abilities: Can use the four front-most of their limbs as arms to manipulate tools and weapons; total of eight limbs. Prowl 60%, climb 90%/80%, nightvision 200 feet, and can leap 10 feet high and 15 feet long.
Attacks per melee: Four if no hand to hand training is taken; four plus those gained by hand to hand training and/or boxing! An experienced Giant Tinker Spider fighter will have six to nine attacks per melee round.
Bonuses: +2 initiative, +2 to strike, +4 to parry, +2 to dodge
Damage: Pincher-claws do 2d6 damage plus P.S. damage bonus, and can also use pincher-claws to manipulate weapons.
Poison Bite: Bite does 2d4 points of damage plus poison. Poison causes bite to become swollen and sensitive for three days. The poison takes effect in twenty minutes, causing fever and nausea. Victims feel weak, lose one melee attack, -1 to strike, -2 to parry and dodge, and -10% to skill performance. Multiple bites cause a cumulative effect; standard saving throw vs. non-lethal poison (16 or higher). The poison remains in the system for 24 hours.
Average Life Span: 40 years; few live beyond 55
Habitat: Giant Tinker Spiders are native to the realm of Kh'ron where they can be found living in caves and underground (subterranean) cities.
Languages: Elven and two of choice (+20%)
Allies: Elves living in the realm of Kh'ron
Physical Appearance: Giant Tinker Spiders are large spiders with eight eyes and they are generally gray or brown in color.
Size: 3-4 feet
Weight: 30-50 pounds
Notes: Although they are the wrong shape for most humanoid clothing, Giant Tinker Spiders will trade their services for the purchase of toolbelts, aprons and vests, as well as goggles. They also trade for tools to use, and for blunt weapons.
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

Clockodile

Clockodiles are clockwork creatures living in the realm of Kh'ron. They are known for linking up and interlocking to form bridges across bodies of water and between the Great Gears.

Size: 15-30 feet
Weight: 2000-2500 pounds
A.R.: 16
Attribute Note: Clockodiles are very strong, with incredibly powerful jaws. The P.S. of a Clockodile is 2d6+20.
Hit Points: 4d6+20
S.D.C.: 1d4X10+60
Horror Factor: 10
Damage: Tail does 2d6 points of damage, claws do 1d6, and bite does 2d6+2 points of damage.
Bonuses: +1 initiative, +2 strike
Natural Abilities: Keen sense of smell, good sight and hearing. Cannot prowl very well due to ticking sound.
Interlocking Bodies: Clockodiles can interlock with others of their kind to form bridges and ladders. If ten such creatures interlock, for example, they will for a bridge 150-200 feet long.
Speed: 4 on land
Average Life Span: 100 years
Value: Metal body: 200 gold
Habitat: Realm of Kh'ron
Range: Great Gears of Kh'ron
Notes: Unlike regular crocodiles, Clockodiles cannot swim or go into the water without being damaged. The feed on other metal clockwork creatures and plants. They breed by splitting part of themselves off from the whole of the body, the divided section then growing and expanding to gain the full size of an adult specimen in relatively short time.
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

I will be taking a break from the Kh'ron stuff to do some other ideas I have brewing. I have an idea for a deer with leaves for its coat and treelike antlers that I will be doing next.
The Oh So Amazing Nate
Hero

Stone Gargoyle wrote:I will be taking a break from the Kh'ron stuff to do some other ideas I have brewing. I have an idea for a deer with leaves for its coat and treelike antlers that I will be doing next.

would that be a "wood" land creature? lol. leaves and stick antlers.. as if they weren't hard enough to see already.

Razzinold wrote:And the award for best witty retort to someone reporting a minor vehicular collision goes to:
The Oh So Amazing Nate!

Nate, you sir win the internet for today! You've definitely earned the "oh so amazing" part of your name today. :lol:
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

Stone Gargoyle wrote:I will be taking a break from the Kh'ron stuff to do some other ideas I have brewing. I have an idea for a deer with leaves for its coat and treelike antlers that I will be doing next.

would that be a "wood" land creature? lol. leaves and stick antlers.. as if they weren't hard enough to see already.
Good point. It will have to have a pretty good prowl due to its natural camouflage.
The Oh So Amazing Nate
Hero

Stone Gargoyle wrote:

Good point. It will have to have a pretty good prowl due to its natural camouflage.

Someone pointed out to me that the description you gave sounds an awful lot like the Sawbucks pokemon.

The Oh So Amazing Nate!

Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

Stone Gargoyle wrote:

Someone pointed out to me that the description you gave sounds an awful lot like the Sawbucks pokemon.
Actually, it was inspired by a creature appearing in mythology that one of my players discovered and wants to paint as an art project. He posted this on Facebook:

Adam W. Aldrich wrote:I've been looking around for a Mythological reference to my dream of a green, leafy deer. I've only found two that are even remotely related to it. The first is this one...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eikþyrnir

Eikþyrnir, which is a stag. From its horns sprang the rivers of their world. And since a river is usually in the dream as well. This could be it.

The other was from a translation of Huichol Mythology.

http://books.google.com/books?id=pOg29M ... gy&f=false

Apparently they were a tribe of natives indigenous to Mexico. The passage I found says, "When he returned to the bank, he told the Sun that he had fulfilled his commands. The Sun then told him to make him a teapáli painted with green deer. For this the Sun promised to continue to help him. Offerings were then made to the four points"

Both stories reference 'the four points'. Kinda cool. As it is believed that Eikþyrnir was later split into four deer; Dáinn, Dvalinn, Duneyrr and Duraþrór, representing the four directions, seasons or moon phases.

I'm going to do a painting of my green deer one of these days.
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

Leafy Deer

The Leafy Deer, also known as the Elkpyrnir, was created by the Northern Gods for sport and originate in their celestial realm. As a result, they are fewer in number in the Palladium World. As a race, they are magical, plant-like deer who have leaves all along their bodies instead of hide and branch-like antlers. Their plant-like traits also include being able to sustain themselves by wading in water for sustenance and basking in the sun for food (photosynthesis). Their leafy bodies and tree-like antlers also allow them to blend quite well with their environment.

Size: 5-6 feet
Weight: 100-200 pounds
A.R.: Not applicable
S.D.C.: 4d6+20
Damage: Kick does 2d4 points of damage, head butt with antlers does 2d6 damage
Bonuses: +3 on initiative, +2 to strike, +2 to parry, +6 to dodge
Natural Abilities: Swim 70%, prowl 90%, and leap up to 8 feet high and 16 feet long. Absorbs nutrients through sun (photosynthesis) and water.
Speed: 44 (30mph) but can run at speed of 66 (45mph) for 2d4X10 minutes.
Average Life Span: 10-12 years
Value: Meat (whole animal): 100 gold
Habitat: Forest and grasslands near lakes and rivers
Range: Great Northern Wilderness
Behavior: As plant-like creatures, they survive mostly through absorption of sun and water, though they can eat plant materials such as grasses and shrubs as well. These creatures are shy and elusive and do not usually associate in large herds (4d6). Breeding is as their deer form and they produce live young, with a female producing a single young after a gestation period of 4-5 months. They usually have one of their number guarding the others when they are basking or wading, as they are most vulnerable when wading or swimming in bodies of water.
The Oh So Amazing Nate
Hero

Stone Gargoyle wrote:Leafy Deer

The Leafy Deer, also known as the Elkpyrnir, was created by the Northern Gods for sport and originate in their celestial realm. As a result, they are fewer in number in the Palladium World. As a race, they are magical, plant-like deer who have leaves all along their bodies instead of hide and branch-like antlers. Their plant-like traits also include being able to sustain themselves by wading in water for sustenance and basking in the sun for food (photosynthesis). Their leafy bodies and tree-like antlers also allow them to blend quite well with their environment.

Size: 5-6 feet
Weight: 100-200 pounds
S.D.C.: 4d6+20
Damage: Kick does 2d4 points of damage, head butt with antlers does 2d6 damage
Bonuses: +3 on initiative, +2 to strike, +2 to parry, +6 to dodge
Natural Abilities: Swim 70%, prowl 90%, and leap up to 8 feet high and 16 feet long. Absorbs nutrients through sun (photosynthesis) and water.
Speed: 44 (30mph) but can run at speed of 66 (45mph) for 2d4X10 minutes.
Average Life Span: 10-12 years
Value: Meat (whole animal): 100 gold
Habitat: Forest and grasslands near lakes and rivers
Behavior: As plant-like creatures, they survive mostly through absorption of sun and water, though they can eat plant materials such as grasses and shrubs as well. These creatures are shy and elusive and do not usually associate in large herds (4d6). Breeding is as their deer form and they produce live young, with a female producing a single young after a gestation period of 4-5 months. They usually have one of their number guarding the others when they are basking or wading, as they are most vulnerable when wading or swimming in bodies of water.

Questions
Do they change color and or lose their leaves with the seasons?
Are they made of meat?
If they are not made of meat, are they made of wood?
If they are made of wood are they a dangerous to vampires?
You said they are a magical race. What are their magical properties/values?

The Oh So Amazing Nate!

Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

Stone Gargoyle wrote:Leafy Deer

Questions
Do they change color and or lose their leaves with the seasons?
Are they made of meat?
If they are not made of meat, are they made of wood?
If they are made of wood are they a dangerous to vampires?
You said they are a magical race. What are their magical properties/values?
The leaves do change color, but do not fall off.
They are made of meat not wood.
I have considered giving the spells like faery creatures have.
I might edit the write-up once I figure them out more to address these issues.
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

Meowl

Meowls are creatures which have the head of a cat and the body of an owl. They are believed to have been created by magic.

Size: 18-25 inches
Hit Points: 4d4+8
Attacks per melee: 3
Damage: Talons inflict 2d4 points of damage, bite does 1d4 points of damage; dive attack does double damage.
Bonuses: +2 initiative, +3 to strike, +2 to dodge
Natural Abilities: Keen vision and sense of smell, nightvision 300 feet, can turn head 200 degrees, fly, and prowl (silent glide attack) 50%.
Speed: 50 with brief bursts of up to speed 88 (lasts for 4d6 minutes), dive 110 (75mph)
Average Life Span: 10-16 years
Value: 8-50 gold as pet
Habitat: Woodland, forest, and kept as pets
Notes: If living in the wild, these creatures roost in trees and do most of their hunting at night. They prey on rodents and mammals up to the size of rabbits.
Reagren Wright

Sorry I've been away for a long time :( . With official material coming out in the immediate future, I decided its time I make a
reappearance :-D . So new critters coming soon.
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

Good to hear. I have been a bit lax of late myself but had a few I was planning to do as well.
Reagren Wright

These guys I thought about putting in Bizantium but I decided against it. So they end up here.

JIDRA: Wood Giants

They are among the most unusual giants of the Palladium world. Their origin is completely unknown. One legend claims they
aligned themselves with one of the dragon-gods during the Battle of the Gods. As punishment, they were cursed to be
forever rooted to the ground, unable to venture beyond the length of their roots. They can travel beneath the soil and wood
effortlessly, but they cannot walk on cobblestone, brick, rock, or venture out into water. This also keeps them from entering
a fortified stone structure. Their cursed existence has made them bitter toward all others with the freedom to go as they
choose. Every Jidra is extremely fierce and voracious, consuming anything that comes within an arm’s reach, including plants,
animals and men. Jidra are known to simply rise up out of the earth, grab his prey, devour him in a single gulp, then sink back
into the ground below (cannot eat while merged within the earth or inside a tree) vanishing without a trace.
Jidra are highly territorial and consider everything within a five mile radius (1.52 km) as their personal property regardless if
it’s a deer, a rock, a log, or part of a farmer’s field. Those who enter their territory and disturb or despoil it in anyway will
face the full fury of the giant. They do not tolerate lumberjacks of any sorts. To harm a tree even a simply sampling produces
the same results as slapping the giant in the face. Jidra are bold enough to strike out at any foe, accept “fire breathers”, but
if they must they will do so with cunning and scrutiny. Fire warlocks are considered blighters above all others. Earth warlock,
however, are held in the same regard as druids, cautious yet deserving of a conversation before smashing their heads in.
Jidra are not social creatures, even among their giant brethren. Even at the sight of their dim-witted Gigantee cousins
walking about can set them on edge with jealousy. Jidra would be welcomed at Mt. Nimro but their inability to travel beyond
solid earth and loose stone makes it impossible for them to travel into any stone fortification much less up the solid rock
mountains. Having them being the only giant race not represented is fine by all the others. Jidra don’t like to share, and would
more than likely try to hoard everything within their area. Nevertheless, the Nimiro King has made a number of offerings to a
few Jidra living just outside of giant controlled land, but each one has rejected his offering. Yet their close proximity does
suggest they at least want to “pretend” to be included among their fellow giants.

Alignments: Any, but almost always evil.
The Eight Attributes: I.Q. 1D6+6, M.E. 1D6+6, M.A. 1D6, P.S. 2D6+24 (supernatural), P.P. 2D6+10, P.E. 2D6+10, P.B.
2D6, Spd 2D6 through the ground, cannot move on the surface.
Hit Points: 2D4x10 + P.E. attribute number.
S.D.C.: 2D6x10
Natural A.R.: 12
Horror Factor/Awe: 10.
P.P.E.: 1D6
R.C.C. Skills: Mathematics: Basic 60%, Wilderness Survival 98%, Identify Plants & Fruits 90%, Holistic Medicine 80%,
Camouflage 80%, Dowsing 92%, Land Navigation 80%, Track & Trap Animals 80%, Lore: Farm 80%, Detect Concealment 60%,
Lore: Faerie Folk 65%, Prowl 80%, and two ancient W.P. at 3rd level (skill percentages never increase).
Natural Abilities: Supernatural strength and endurance, hawk like vision-spot a rabbit in the grass up to 300 yards (270
m) away, impervious to disease, normal cold (magic cold does half damage), natural poison and toxins (man-made toxins
cause half damage, duration, effect, penalty), weapons made of wood (even magical) inflict one-fourth normal damage,
nightvision 1000 feet (304 m), bio-regenerate 2D6 hit points/S.D.C every minute as long as remain in contact with the earth,
can re-grow lost limbs and organs (not the head) in a matter of hours, feel vibrations in and above the ground like a living
seismic sensor, cannot be snuck upon or surprise by nearby opponents approaching by ground, can track and locate prey by
following the ground vibrations caused by movement (running or walking) 1000 feet (304 m) away (80%), feel the vibrations
of an approaching ground vehicle, large humanoid taller than 9 feet (2.74 m), herd of mammals, giant animals, or an army on
the march, up to one mile (1.6 km) away (92%).
Special Abilities: Travel through earth at will (cost nothing); same as elemental spell, but without limit, effectively
swim through earth and wood (beneath the surface it has a 98% prowl, at the surface its prowl becomes 80%.
Attacks per Melee: Four.
Damage: Supernatural P.S. or by weapon. A bite inflicts the same damage as a restrained punch.
Bonuses: +2 to initiative, +4 to Perception, +1 to strike, +2 to parry, +3 to roll with punch, +2 to save vs. magic, and
+6 to save vs. horror factor. These are in addition to possible attribute bonuses.
Vulnerabilities: Fire attacks inflict double damage (magic fire does double damage direct to hit points). Fire damage
cannot be regenerated. Jidra are rooted to the ground, besides fire and beheading the creature, the only assured way to
permanently kill the giant is to hack at its two roots buried beneath the ground (a foot and half/.45 m beneath the surface).
To pull these roots up requires a Supernatural P.S. of 35 or greater. Once the roots have been pulled up and the giant is
lifted off the ground, he cannot regenerate suspended in the air, space, or in water. Both roots have a Natural Armor Rating
of 12 and 40 hit points. Destroy the two roots and the giant falls over dead regardless of how many S.D.C. or hit points his
main body possesses. Unless one of these three methods is used, the giant will return to life in a matter of hours.
Value: The bones of a Jidra are quite valuable to a small percentage of Western alchemists (less than 6%) who know
the secret of making a powder out of them that functions equal to a mixture of All-Purpose Remedy/Negate Poison potion
when a pinch is mixed with water (2 fl oz). The base cost for the bone powder is 800 gold per ounce (2 doses). Giant slayers
of the Western Empire regard killing them just as another form of sport, although slightly more challenging than others.
Average Life Span: 700 years, some have lived as long 800.
Habitat: Can be found anywhere in the world but most common in the Land of the Damned and Yin Sloth Jungle.
Language: Gigantees (98%) and two others, one more often than not is faerie.
Enemies: Humans, elves, dwarves, and wolfen. They will attack anyone who seeks to inflict harm against trees. This
can practically include all other mortal beings. Fire warlocks (and all other fire breathers) will be attacked and killed on sight.
Allies: Indifferent toward all giants that cause no damage to their forests. Likewise they are indifferent toward faerie
folk (good or evil). Druids and earth warlocks have the best chance at negotiating with them (in other words they will not be
attacked outright).
Physical Appearance: A large humanoid with skin that resembles tough tree bark. Their matted hair is various shades of
green and brown. Small leaves and tiny branches protrude through their skin. Their eyes are small yet they glow a bright
orange. They have large mouths filled with sharp teeth. Instead of two feet they have roots the width of a man’s arm that
keep them embedded to the earth.
Size: 12-16 feet (3.65 to 4.87 m) tall. The roots are 8 to 10 feet (2.43 to 3 m) in length.
Weight: 1000 to 1600 lbs (450-720 kg).
Rifts® Conversion Notes: Becomes an MDC being in a Mega-Damage setting. The P.E. attribute number is turned to
M.D.C. +2D4 x10. On Rifts® Earth, Jidra are the rarest of all giants. The best place to find them is throughout the continent
of Africa (accept in the deserts).
Note: All Jidra exclusively worship the demon lord Leviathan. The giantess goddess is looked upon by the Jidra just as
a man might lust after a Hollywood female celebrity. In their eyes, nothing is more beautiful or deserving of their praise.
The Oh So Amazing Nate
Hero

Could you elaborate more on the whole, "rooted to the ground" thing? Are these Giant Man-Tree's that are rooted in one spot, or can they travel around wherever they like as long as the soil conditions will allow (Could I transplant one?).

I'm just not clear on how the "forever rooted to the ground, unable to venture beyond the length of their roots" part works. Also, what do you mean by able to travel beneath the earth and wood.

The Oh So Amazing Nate!

Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

With only a 1d6+6 intelligence, I fail to see why they have an RCC. Would they not just be animal intelligence?
Reagren Wright

The Oh So Amazing Nate wrote:Could you elaborate more on the whole, "rooted to the ground" thing? Are these Giant Man-Tree's that are rooted in one spot, or can they travel around wherever they like as long as the soil conditions will allow (Could I transplant one?).

I'm just not clear on how the "forever rooted to the ground, unable to venture beyond the length of their roots" part works. Also, what do you mean by able to travel beneath the earth and wood.

These guys can sink beneath the soil and travel like Earth Elementals, appearing any place where there is earth, soil, and wood
traveling at a SPD of 2D6. When they rise up, they are "rooted" to the spot like a tree. So they can't walk any where, but they
can always descend back into the ground and appear at a different location.

Return to “Palladium Fantasy RPG®”