Kingdom of Timiro

1st edition? 2nd edition? It doesnt matter! Let's just talk Palladium Fantasy.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

gaby
Knight

Kingdom of Timiro

Unread post by gaby »

Tell Me Who Wants to see a Kingdom of Timiro,s Book?

I think Palladium books can use the info in Rifter 63,adding a few NPCs, New Occ,New Magic,New Monsters and Adventure ideas.
it can wokr.
Reagren Wright
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: The greatest part of the writer's time is spent in reading, in order to write: a man will turn over half a library to make one book. - Samuel Johnson, 1775

Re: Kingdom of Timiro

Unread post by Reagren Wright »

:lol: Funny you should ask that. My current project is compiling all the official stuff from my Rifter
#63 article and add a few other bits of missing info to give us a Timiro sourcebook that closely
resembles Bizantium as well as some urban adventure to go along with our awesome city maps
from Old Ones. Some material also in that book needs to be properly converted into 2nd edition and
clarified in a way it was not done before. Looking for something under 120 pages. With Rifter going
away time to make the cannon material truly cannon.
Whiskeyjack
Adventurer

Unread post by Whiskeyjack »

I'd like to see any area that isn't covered to be put into print. Same for converting the remaining 1st edition books to 2nd like Yin Sloth and Island at the Edge of the World.
kiralon
Champion
Comment: Kill it with Fire.

Unread post by kiralon »

I'd love a Timiro book, as long as its not just a copy paste and is a cleanup I'd buy it. Timiro is my favourite place to adventure. Old kingdom to the north, allies to the east, intrigue and danger to the west, and to the south - Pirates!

I don't think YSJ and IatEofW will ever be updated, and would say I'd prefer LotD and the mysteries of magic to be finished first.
Braden Campbell

Unread post by Braden Campbell »

Not to rain on the parade, but... isn't book #2 enough?
Braden, GMPhD

If that doesn't prompt you to buy it, I don't know what else I can say.
Hotrod
Knight

Unread post by Hotrod »

Well, as long as the sourcebook itself is well-written and presents good, useful material, I'm for it. Bizantium was already covered by High Seas, but I'd dispute anyone saying that it was an unwelcome addition to the Palladium Fantasy library.

Old Ones covers Timiro's towns and settlements in great detail; it's probably the best-defined region in the known world. It would have been more accurately named "The Timiro Kingdom, with some Old Ones adventure stuff too." In such a well-defined part of the setting, it may seem strange to contemplate a sequel, but I could see the case for one by focusing on elements that don't get a great deal of focus in Book 2. That, and some more developed adventures could be interesting.

On a purely selfish basis, I'd also like to see my Timiro map get published too.
Hotrod
Author, Rifter Contributor, and Map Artist
Duty's Edge, a Rifts novel. Available as an ebook, PDF,or printed book.
Check out my maps here!
Also, check out my Instant NPC Generators!
Like what you see? There's more on my Patreon Page.
Father Goose
Adventurer
Comment: If I could go back in time, I would join the cast of "The Thrilling Adventure Hour"

Unread post by Father Goose »

I'm all for it. I'm also in favor of Hotrod getting his maps published as I use them whenever they are applicable.
taalismn wrote:Hey, you came up with a novel, attention-getting idea, you did the legwork, you worked it through, you made it fit the setting, even though initial thought might be 'nah, it can't work, it's too silly/stupid/lame', and you posted something that only required a little adjustment, yet can be added to, without diluting its original concept. How can we not give you due support and credit?
kiralon
Champion
Comment: Kill it with Fire.

Unread post by kiralon »

Father Goose wrote:I'm all for it. I'm also in favor of Hotrod getting his maps published as I use them whenever they are applicable.

I would like it if palladium bought the rights for them, then let us buy a1 sized maps printed and delivered as well as standard digital versions.
Warmaster40k
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Warmaster40k »

The reason I think people want a sequal book, is that while we have the names of places and the maps. We did not have much info in to the culture of the region, the who the why or how. What we had was the where.
I am the Omega, I am the thread killer, my post is death.
Braden Campbell

Unread post by Braden Campbell »

Warmaster40k wrote:...the culture of the region...

It's fantasy-esque, age-of-exploration Spain (or maybe Portugal) is my best feeling.
Braden, GMPhD

If that doesn't prompt you to buy it, I don't know what else I can say.

Return to “Palladium Fantasy RPG®”