Kevin's adventure in Rifter 81

1st edition? 2nd edition? It doesnt matter! Let's just talk Palladium Fantasy.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

DM Jimbo
D-Bee

Kevin's adventure in Rifter 81

Unread post by DM Jimbo »

After reading over it several times, I have come up with a question. I like the pre-generated characters but I am curious about where they get their Perception bonuses. I have looked in RUE and Nightbane where it says bonuses per O.C.C./R.C.C. Can anybody help me out here?
Reagren Wright
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: The greatest part of the writer's time is spent in reading, in order to write: a man will turn over half a library to make one book. - Samuel Johnson, 1775

Re: Kevin's adventure in Rifter 81

Unread post by Reagren Wright »

I.Q. Bonus or Kevin is including Perception bonuses out of habit considering the Perception bonus was never included in PF or Heroes, but
in Nightbane (where it originated) and later came to Dead Reign, Beyond Supernatural, and Rifts).
DM Jimbo
D-Bee

Ok thanks. I knew about theIQ bous but none of the characters have high enough for that. Is there a perception bonus other than that in the other listed books?
Prysus
Champion

Unread post by Prysus »

DM Jimbo wrote:Ok thanks. I knew about theIQ bous but none of the characters have high enough for that. Is there a perception bonus other than that in the other listed books?

Greetings and Salutations. I believe there might have been a bonus based on level. At least, I recall someone once telling me it was +1 every 3 levels (or something like that). I'll try to research it when I get home. Note, I'm primarily posting the unconfirmed rumor to help remind myself to look into it later. Farewell and safe journeys.
Living the Fantasy (fan website)

Rifter #45; Of Bows & Arrows (Archery; expanding rules and abilities)
Rifter #52; From Ruins to Runes (Living Rune Weapons; playable characters and NPC)
Rifter #55; Home Away From Home (Quorian Culture; expanded from PF Book 9: Baalgor Wastelands)

Official PDF versions of Rifter #45, #52, and #55 can be found at DriveThruRPG.
DM Jimbo
D-Bee

Thank you sir. I appreciate all the help I can get. Lol.
DMing ain't easy.
Prysus
Champion

Unread post by Prysus »

Greetings and Salutations. So I finally got around to checking Nightbane. In addition to O.C.C./R.C.C. bonuses and I.Q. bonuses, ALL characters also received a +1 at level 3, 9, and 15. I don't own Rifter #81 to check if this explains the pre-generated character bonuses or not.

If not, then the bonuses are also possibly what would be granted those classes (by that level) if Palladium ever made a PF Ultimate Edition. But that's just conjecture.

Anyways, hope that helped. Farewell and safe journeys to all.
Living the Fantasy (fan website)

Rifter #45; Of Bows & Arrows (Archery; expanding rules and abilities)
Rifter #52; From Ruins to Runes (Living Rune Weapons; playable characters and NPC)
Rifter #55; Home Away From Home (Quorian Culture; expanded from PF Book 9: Baalgor Wastelands)

Official PDF versions of Rifter #45, #52, and #55 can be found at DriveThruRPG.
DM Jimbo
D-Bee

Many thanks sir, as I have not had time to scour books the last few days. The level bumps should explain it all.
Tick
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by Tick »

Prysus wrote:
Greetings and Salutations. So I finally got around to checking Nightbane. In addition to O.C.C./R.C.C. bonuses and I.Q. bonuses, ALL characters also received a +1 at level 3, 9, and 15. I don't own Rifter #81 to check if this explains the pre-generated character bonuses or not.

If not, then the bonuses are also possibly what would be granted those classes (by that level) if Palladium ever made a PF Ultimate Edition. But that's just conjecture.

Anyways, hope that helped. Farewell and safe journeys to all.

Fantastic answer - here is my two sense. If you use the challenge table of easy mediocre or hard then the rolls are 5, 10 or 16. Since this is the base d20 roll determining factor for most things it is the easiest way to handle game perception and other things that you are not clear on. If it has never been defined in a book, that is the safe way to play and not worry about specific rules for specific genera book. Still Great to know Prysus is on top of it. A true fan of the game system for sure!

Return to “Palladium Fantasy RPG®”