"Gnomes" article (Rifter 81): fellow PFRPG gamer feedback?

1st edition? 2nd edition? It doesnt matter! Let's just talk Palladium Fantasy.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Hendrik
Rifter® Contributer
Comment: What is genius? A Victim OCC (BtS 1st ed, p. 193 ss)! The ultimate hero is a victim conquering adversity.

"Gnomes" article (Rifter 81): fellow PFRPG gamer feedback?

Unread post by Hendrik »

Hi there,

I cannot resist to ask as I would love to have feedback from my fellow Palladium Fantasy gamers. How did you find the article about Gnomes in Rifter 81?

Kindest regards
Hendrik
Handouts for Operation Minotaur (BtS Adventure published in RIFTER #83) Get them at the fabulous "House of BtS"![/quote]

May all your hits be crits!
Fell
Megaversal® Ambassador

Re: "Gnomes" article (Rifter 81): fellow PFRPG gamer feedbac

Unread post by Fell »

Love your style of wordsmithing. Enjoying the read. Only up to end of Grinder story. Been slammed at work but have next few days off. I’ll return with a longer response.

Thus far, it’s fun and creative.

More in few days.

White Gold = awesome

Makes me want to write about those evil Orcs!
Dan Frederick
Hendrik
Rifter® Contributer
Comment: What is genius? A Victim OCC (BtS 1st ed, p. 193 ss)! The ultimate hero is a victim conquering adversity.

Unread post by Hendrik »

Hey Dan,

first of all my apologies for not having replied yet.

Thank you very much for your kind words, especially for using "wordsmithing" in connection with something I wrote! I am very glad you liked it and WHITE GOLD!

Makes me want to write about those evil Orcs!

:lol: Not the inspiration I thought the article might give but awesome :D

Very interested to hear what you thought about the remaining part of the article.

And, at that, of course, what everyone else thinks. When you write for an audience, especially one so dedicated as us PFRPG afficionados, I find it is especially daunting to write something "good enough" and I for one love feedback.

Kindest regards
Hendrik
Handouts for Operation Minotaur (BtS Adventure published in RIFTER #83) Get them at the fabulous "House of BtS"![/quote]

DM Jimbo
D-Bee

Unread post by DM Jimbo »

I thought that it was well written and informative. I would have liked more details or a map on the typical layout of the gnome warrens.
Hendrik
Rifter® Contributer

Unread post by Hendrik »

DM Jimbo wrote:I thought that it was well written and informative. I would have liked more details or a map on the typical layout of the gnome warrens.

Hi DM Jimbo,

my apologies that I did not reply earlier. Work kept me extremely busy.

Thank you very much for your kind words.

Sorry that I did not manage to make a map. I did try to draw one but my skills are not soooooo good and I felt it was not of a quality that would have been the level of quality I would like to see in a Rifter. I would have used Campaign Cartographer, but my skills have been dormant for AGES, so a no show, too. Really sorry. I hope that the example descriptions were helpful and could compensate somewhat for the lack of a map.

Kindest regards
Hendrik

Axelmania
Knight

Unread post by Axelmania »

If I was a Gnome I would be a Gnome supremacist and think my people lived most efficiently in terms of "brain per space" and food needs.

Same if I was the Faerie Folk though most wouldn't have that attitude I think.
Hendrik
Rifter® Contributer

Unread post by Hendrik »

Axelmania wrote:If I was a Gnome I would be a Gnome supremacist and think my people lived most efficiently in terms of "brain per space" and food needs.

Same if I was the Faerie Folk though most wouldn't have that attitude I think.

It does not seem my best day today to understand posts, which confuses me especially in the case of your's as I appreciate your posts a lot, but what in the seven seas did you want to say?

kiralon
Champion
Comment: Kill it with Fire.

Unread post by kiralon »

He thinks gnomes are cool, and would be a racist gnome if he was one because they are better value for money for volume taken up vs effect. Faeries are the same but probably wouldn't think so. Not much beats a wagon full of gnomish warlocks. (A wagon full of gnomish fire warlocks is an effective anti aircraft gun emplacement, especially with first ed mini fireball)

Though I slightly disagree in the fact that I think most faeries would consider themselves superior to most big jobs (humans etc).
Axelmania
Knight

Unread post by Axelmania »

Fairies would be if they had Gnomish brains instead of being mindless prank animals.

Return to “Palladium Fantasy RPG®”