Rake O.C.C.

1st edition? 2nd edition? It doesnt matter! Let's just talk Palladium Fantasy.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Father Goose
Adventurer
Comment: If I could go back in time, I would join the cast of "The Thrilling Adventure Hour"

Rake O.C.C.

Unread post by Father Goose »

I've always enjoyed the roguish/swashbuckler type characters in literature, film, and rpg games, so I thought I would try my hand and making one of my own. Please let me know what you think. I value community input.

Rake

A Rake lives by his wits and charm, seducing his marks to secure gifts, favors, and patronage before moving on to his next conquest. Male Rakes promise adventure, excitement, and thrill while charming the pants off wealthy merchant and noble women (sometimes literally, though many Rakes prefer to maintain the promise and illusion for as long as possible as a way of prolonging desire and thereby continuing the flow of gifts). Female Rakes hint at unexplored desires and play at the licentious cravings of their prey, all the while feigning innocence in such matters and allowing their would-be pursuer to “convince” them with valuable gifts meant to soften their resolve. While some Rakes certainly “seal the deal” if they feel it will further their cause, most understand that the greatest excitement and reward is found in the game of pursuit and will keep the game going for as long as possible before they leave town for their next adventure.
Because of their expensive tastes and habit of targeting the wealthy, Rakes have learned to move seamlessly through high society. Some Rakes may themselves come from wealth or nobility, but many are low born who have a natural talent that they have cultivated to great social and financial success. Unfortunately, spurned or bored lovers are ever a possible hitch in an otherwise smooth operation, so most Rakes, even those received well at court, often make a point of not staying in one place long. After all, it is better to leave them wanting more and longing for your return, then to allow them to tire of you and wish you to leave.

Special Abilities
History: No Rake develops such skills without leaving a lasting impression, for good or ill. Roll 1d6 to determine the number of the Rake’s past conquests and failures of note. Then roll d% for each to determine whether it was a Conquest (positive, 01-50%) or a Failure (negative 51-00%). Roll (or pick) from the following tables for each:

Conquests
01-15% Favorable liaison with a lover of wealth and/or influence – +100 gold starting wealth

16-30% Spent time with an exotic lover – one additional language of choice (no bonus) at first level

31-40% Impersonated a Monk for a time – add Lore: Religion (no bonus) to starting skills

41-50% Secured continued patronage from a wealthy and/or influential lover – monthly income of 2d10x100 (may have conditions)

51-70% Your paramour patron believed in your talents and paid for advanced lessons – pick one of your starting entertainment skills (dance, play musical instrument, etc.) and make it “professional quality” free

71-75% No significant event for the character

76-82% GM determines the details

83-89% Player determines the details with GM approval

90-95% Not a conquest, but a failure instead. Roll on the failure table

96-00% Roll again, twice, ignoring any roll of 96-00%

Failures
01-15% Cuckolded a wealthy and/or influential spouse – GM creates an enemy bent on your ruin

16-30% Barely escaped a suffocating lover’s grasp – chose one less secondary skill at first level

31-40% Convinced a devout person to betray a vow of chastity – choose a religion: this church will give you no aid under any circumstances

41-50% Accidentally impregnated the daughter of a powerful man or, if female, faked a pregnancy – Family expects you to marry and settle down…or else, but you escaped. For now…

51-70% Your lover was not as innocent as you were led to believe. Now you bear a lasting reminder of your indiscretion – a persistent rash, small sores, or anything else (always minor) the GM decides, plagues you (may be cured)

71-75% No significant event for the character

76-82% GM determines the details

83-89% Player determines the details with GM approval

90-95% Not a failure, but a conquest instead. Roll on the conquest table

96-00% Roll again, twice, ignoring any roll of 96-00%

Contacts: Whenever the Rake returns to a town or city where he has spent significant time in the past, there will be one (or more) individuals with a vested interest in him that may aid or hinder his time in the area. Roll on the following table according to the size of the settled area to determine the number of existing contacts (in addition to any gained from History rolls):

Small village or settlement: 1d4
Medium-sized village or small town: 1d6
Medium-sized town: 1d8
Large town: 2d6
Major city: 2d10

First roll to see if a contact is potentially helpful, indifferent or unfriendly.
Roll %
01-50 Contact is potentially friendly. Go to A)
51-00 Contact is potentially Unfriendly. Go to B)

After you roll to see if your contact is positively or negatively inclined roll percentile again.
A). If this was a potential positive contact then rolling under %(20+MA) means he is actually a positive contact rather than indifferent about you.
B). If this was a potential negative contact then rolling under %(50-MA) means he is actually an unfriendly contact rather than indifferent about you.
Where MA is your actual mental affinity stat number and not the stat bonus.

In each case, should the roll result in an indifferent contact, the Rake still knows someone in town who is familiar with the Rake (including his known behaviors) and may serve whatever storytelling need the GM wishes. Remember: this person does have a vested interest in the Rake, just not one that is clearly positive or negative. Role-play and story needs can easily shift this indifference toward one direction or the other.
Players are encouraged to see these encounters (positive, negative, and indifferent) as a role-playing opportunity. GMs should consider ways to make these rolls have an impact on the story (possibly even the basis of an adventure!). In both cases, have fun with it.

Rake O.C.C.

Alignment: Because the Rake makes their way in the world by taking advantage of others, they cannot be of any good alignment. Most Rakes are anarchist, aberrant, or miscreant, caring little for how their games affect their marks, but still willing to follow the rules of society, at least on the surface. Rakes of unprincipled alignment often see themselves as heroes, of a sort. They tend to target wealthy and powerful individuals who mistreat those of lower social or financial standing and feel as if they are giving such unscrupulous individuals a “taste of their own medicine.” Some may even go so far as to give their charmed gifts back to the people who were exploited by their mark. Those of diabolic alignment are the rarest of the breed. They seek only to destroy lives to feed their own puffed up sense of importance and often take unnecessary risks to ensure their enjoyment of their marks suffering. As such, these diabolic individuals often burn bright for a short time before being snuffed out for good.

Attribute requirements: I.Q. 10, M.A. 12, P.B. 12 or higher. A good M.E., P.P., and P.E. are all helpful, but not required.

O.C.C. Bonuses: +2 M.A., +2 to dodge, +1 to save vs Mind Control or Telepathy at levels 2, 4, 7, 10, and 13.

O.C.C. Skills:
Languages: Native Tongue at 98% plus two of choice (+20%)
Literacy: Elven (+15%)
Seduction (+25%)
Dance (+20%)
Play Musical Instrument (pick one +15%)
Sing (+20%)
Public Speaking (+10%)
Disguise (+10%)
Imitate Voices & Impersonation (+8%)
Intelligence (+10%)
Writing (Poetry +10%)
W.P. Two of choice
Hand to Hand: Basic
Hand to hand: basic can be changed to hand to hand: expert for the cost of two “other” skills, or to martial arts or assassin (if evil) for the cost of three “other” skills.

O.C.C. Related Skills: Select six other skills of choice at level one, plus one additional skill at levels three, six, nine and twelve. All new skills start at level one proficiency.
Communications: Any (+5%)
Domestic: Any (+10% to Play Musical Instrument only)
Espionage: Any except Sniper and Track Humanoids (+5%)
Horsemanship: General or Exotic only
Medical: First Aid only
Military: Falconry, Heraldry, Military Etiquette, or Surveillance only
Physical: Any
Rogue: Any (+10%)
Science: Biology and Math skills only
Scholar/Technical: Any (+15% on art, language & literacy skills only)
Weapon Proficiencies: Any
Wilderness: Land Navigation only

Secondary Skills: The character also gets to select four secondary skills from the previous list at level one, plus two more at levels four, eight, and twelve. These are additional areas of knowledge that do not get the advantage of the bonus listed in the parentheses. All secondary skills start at the base skill level. Also, skills are limited (any, only, none) as previously indicated in the list.

Starting Equipment: A set of travel clothes, a set of fine clothing, boots, a pair of soft leather gloves, cape or cloak, hat, belt, bedroll, tent, purse, backpack, three small sacks, a water skin, a bottle of fine wine or brandy, pocket mirror, comb, a tin of snuff, a tinderbox, a notebook, two quill pens, a bottle of ink, 2d4 sticks of charcoal or graphite and 1d4 pieces of gifted jewelry (total worth 2d4x100 gold).

Armor: Starts with a suit of soft leather armor (A.R. 10, S.D.C. 20)

Weapons: Starts with a knife, a pistol crossbow, and one additional weapon of choice; all are basic S.D.C. weapons of fair to good quality. Magic weapons and additional items must be acquired later.

Money: The character starts with 200 in gold. Additional money will come from gifts, patronage, and adventuring.
Last edited by Father Goose on Fri Aug 17, 2018 9:25 am, edited 4 times in total.
taalismn wrote:Hey, you came up with a novel, attention-getting idea, you did the legwork, you worked it through, you made it fit the setting, even though initial thought might be 'nah, it can't work, it's too silly/stupid/lame', and you posted something that only required a little adjustment, yet can be added to, without diluting its original concept. How can we not give you due support and credit?
Library Ogre
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: My comments do not necessarily represent the views of Palladium Books.

Re: Rake O.C.C.

Unread post by Library Ogre »

My usual question with a class that doesn't have any special mechanics about it is "Why can't you do this with another class?" What makes this significantly different from the Noble class, for example? Or a Bard? Or the Charlatan-type classes from Adventures on the High Seas?
-overproduced by Martin Hannett

When I see someone "fisking" these days my first inclination is to think "That person doesn't have much to say, and says it in volume." -John Scalzi
Happiness is a long block list.
If you don't want to be vilified, don't act like a villain.
The Megaverse runs on vibes.
All Palladium Articles
Mutant Dawn for Savage Worlds!
Father Goose
Adventurer
Comment: If I could go back in time, I would join the cast of "The Thrilling Adventure Hour"

Mark Hall wrote:My usual question with a class that doesn't have any special mechanics about it is "Why can't you do this with another class?" What makes this significantly different from the Noble class, for example? Or a Bard? Or the Charlatan-type classes from Adventures on the High Seas?

Thank you, this is a valid question. I would counter, however, that the same question can be applied to many of the Optional/Entertainer O.C.C.s. For instance, I made a better "merchant" NPC with the Scholar O.C.C. because it better facilitated the specific skills the character needed for the role I planned.
So to answer your question, I think such O.C.C.s exist to showcase options and make the creation of specific themed characters more streamlined.
Do you have any suggestions for how the Rake O.C.C. might be made to stand out? I'm here for ideas and feedback to improve my skills as a writer and game master.

Again, thank you for taking the time to read my post and comment.
taalismn wrote:Hey, you came up with a novel, attention-getting idea, you did the legwork, you worked it through, you made it fit the setting, even though initial thought might be 'nah, it can't work, it's too silly/stupid/lame', and you posted something that only required a little adjustment, yet can be added to, without diluting its original concept. How can we not give you due support and credit?
Library Ogre
Comment: My comments do not necessarily represent the views of Palladium Books.

Unread post by Library Ogre »

Father Goose wrote:Thank you, this is a valid question. I would counter, however, that the same question can be applied to many of the Optional/Entertainer O.C.C.s. For instance, I made a better "merchant" NPC with the Scholar O.C.C. because it better facilitated the specific skills the character needed for the role I planned.

And I agree completely.... in a lot of cases, these classes could be simplified to a single class and something akin to Robotech's "MOS" system. A good example, even in the core, is the difference between the Soldier and the Mercenary Fighter. While they have some different skills, the concepts aren't so terribly differentiated as to necessitate separate OCCs.

To the Rake, and how you might make him distinct? I would always think about a special skill or trait that defines the character. From what you have, I'd suggest expanding on the section you have about their former lovers... and I'd be tempted to make it non-exclusive. So, when they return to a place they've been before, they roll a die based on the size of the settlement for the number of "former lovers" they have in town, and then roll for each of those former lovers as to their disposition.

So, if they wend their way back to Haven after months on the road, they roll d20 (because it's a big city), and have that many contacts in town... some who want to own him, some who want to stone him, and some who say they're a friend of his. It may be that not all are lovers, too... but start defining the Rake by his ability to have contacts pretty much anywhere. There was a class in Ninjas and Superspies who was similar... they had tons of contacts everywhere, which could sometimes be a hindrance.

Instead of making it a flat 40%, I'd be inclined to make it tied to their MA... maybe the base chance of a helpful contact equal to 20+MA, and a base chance of an unhelpful contact equal to 50-MA... so someone with a 15 MA (just above the minimum for the class, when the bonus is counted in), has a 35% chance positive, and a 35% chance of negative.
-overproduced by Martin Hannett

When I see someone "fisking" these days my first inclination is to think "That person doesn't have much to say, and says it in volume." -John Scalzi
Happiness is a long block list.
If you don't want to be vilified, don't act like a villain.
The Megaverse runs on vibes.
All Palladium Articles
Mutant Dawn for Savage Worlds!
kiralon
Champion
Comment: Kill it with Fire.

Unread post by kiralon »

And maybe for character creation give them a History table to roll on
eg
roll 1d6 for major incidents
then make a chart where different things happen like
Have a rich long time er patron (start with more gold)
or
Things went badly good, she got pregnant, the father is a minor lord and insists on marriage, you left .30 mins before her brothers and uncles found you and they are likely still looking.
or
The last er mark wasn't as clean as promised. Make a saving throw vs disease (Roll d20 add PE, above 24 all good otherwise you have an itch and a rash, and maybe lots of tiny presences to sense.

and so on
Father Goose
Adventurer

These are excellent suggestions! I'll give it some thought and work your ideas into a 2nd draft.
Thank you both.
Father Goose
Adventurer

!

I updated the OCC with special ability tables based on your suggestions and colored them blue in the original post.
Please let me know what you think of the changes that I made, and if there is any way you can see to add further polish for readability and clarity.
Thanks again for your awesome suggestions!
Reagren Wright
Comment: The greatest part of the writer's time is spent in reading, in order to write: a man will turn over half a library to make one book. - Samuel Johnson, 1775

Unread post by Reagren Wright »

Not a bad NPC but here a bit of medieval history. In medieval London, there were no pavements.
Everyone had to walk on the bare earth that was covered with the excrement of both people and
animals, as well as animal entrails and rotting food. Eventually, so many streets became
impassable, rakers were hired to clean them as best they could. Though the job was abhorrent,
rakers were paid much better than the average working man. Rakers are the world's earliest
modern garbage men. The height of their career was during the Black Plague.
Veknironth
Hero

Unread post by Veknironth »

Well, what about W.P. Rake?

-Vek
"We know what happens if you roll a 1 on while attacking with a rake."
Father Goose
Adventurer

Reagren Wright wrote:Not a bad NPC but here a bit of medieval history. In medieval London, there were no pavements.
Everyone had to walk on the bare earth that was covered with the excrement of both people and
animals, as well as animal entrails and rotting food. Eventually, so many streets became
impassable, rakers were hired to clean them as best they could. Though the job was abhorrent,
rakers were paid much better than the average working man. Rakers are the world's earliest
modern garbage men. The height of their career was during the Black Plague.

While amusing, that is not the definition of rake that is intended by the naming of this class. Rather, this one:

rake
noun: rake; plural noun: rakes
a fashionable or wealthy man of dissolute or promiscuous habits.
"a merry Restoration rake"
synonyms: playboy, libertine, profligate; degenerate, roué, debauchee; lecher, seducer, womanizer, philanderer, adulterer, Don Juan, Lothario, Casanova (informal), ladykiller, ladies' man, lech, tomcat, horndog
"he was something of a rake"
The Oh So Amazing Nate
Hero

Unread post by The Oh So Amazing Nate »

Father Goose wrote:While amusing, that is not the definition of rake that is intended by the naming of this class. Rather, this one:

rake
noun: rake; plural noun: rakes
a fashionable or wealthy man of dissolute or promiscuous habits.
"a merry Restoration rake"
synonyms: playboy, libertine, profligate; degenerate, roué, debauchee; lecher, seducer, womanizer, philanderer, adulterer, Don Juan, Lothario, Casanova (informal), ladykiller, ladies' man, lech, tomcat, horndog
"he was something of a rake"

Heh. My only PF PC was a Dwarfling Minstrel named Lotharion. He used his shape changing abilities to seduce groupies, evade angry tavern promoters, and to put on a hell of a stage show. He was very rakish indeed.

Could you clarify the following for me?

Father Goose wrote:To differentiate between positively inclined and indifferent, roll d% again. A result of 20+M.A. means the contact is positively inclined.

To differentiate between negatively inclined and indifferent, roll d% again. A result of 50-M.A. means the contact is negatively inclined.
Look upon me and tremble ye masses. For I am The Necroposter!
keir451 wrote:Amazing Nate; Thanks for your support!

Razzinold wrote:And the award for best witty retort to someone reporting a minor vehicular collision goes to:
The Oh So Amazing Nate!

Nate, you sir win the internet for today! You've definitely earned the "oh so amazing" part of your name today. :lol:
Father Goose
Adventurer

The Oh So Amazing Nate wrote:Could you clarify the following for me?

Father Goose wrote:To differentiate between positively inclined and indifferent, roll d% again. A result of 20+M.A. means the contact is positively inclined.

To differentiate between negatively inclined and indifferent, roll d% again. A result of 50-M.A. means the contact is negatively inclined.

This is part 2 of a 2 part process of determining the view of the contact toward the Rake. I understand how the wording could use greater clarity, but I'm not sure how to achieve this. If anyone has any thoughts on a reworking of the presentation of this mechanic, I would love to have you share it.
kiralon
Champion

Unread post by kiralon »

First roll to see if a contact potentially helpful, indifferent or unfriendly.
Roll %

After you roll to see if your contact is positively or negatively inclined roll percentile again.
A). If this was a potential positive contact then rolling under %(20+MA) means he is actually a positive contact rather than indifferent about you.
B). If this was a potential negative contact then rolling under %(50-MA) means he is actually an unfriendly contact rather than indifferent about you.
Where MA is your actual mental affinity stat number and not the stat bonus
Father Goose
Adventurer

kiralon wrote:First roll to see if a contact potentially helpful, indifferent or unfriendly.
Roll %

I like this. I updated the OCC to reflect the altered wording. Thanks, Kiralon!
kiralon
Champion

Unread post by kiralon »

lol I missed an is

First roll to see if a contact is potentially helpful, indifferent or unfriendly.
The Oh So Amazing Nate
Hero

Unread post by The Oh So Amazing Nate »

kiralon wrote:First roll to see if a contact is potentially helpful, indifferent or unfriendly.
Roll %

A). If this was a potential positive contact then rolling under %(20+MA) means he is actually a positive contact rather than indifferent about you. Rolling above (20+MA)% means the contact is indifferent toward you.

B). If this was a potential negative contact then rolling under %(50-MA) means he is actually an unfriendly contact rather than indifferent about you. Rolling under (50-MA)% means the contact is indifferent toward you.

So it should go something like this? I like it!
Look upon me and tremble ye masses. For I am The Necroposter!
keir451 wrote:Amazing Nate; Thanks for your support!

Razzinold wrote:And the award for best witty retort to someone reporting a minor vehicular collision goes to:
The Oh So Amazing Nate!

Nate, you sir win the internet for today! You've definitely earned the "oh so amazing" part of your name today. :lol:
Father Goose
Adventurer

I'm glad this has received positive feedback. Should any of you decide to include this OCC in your game, either as a PC or an NPC, I would love to hear about it.
Thank you all for your contributions to this endeavor.
Hotrod
Knight

Unread post by Hotrod »

Mark Hall wrote:
Father Goose wrote:Thank you, this is a valid question. I would counter, however, that the same question can be applied to many of the Optional/Entertainer O.C.C.s. For instance, I made a better "merchant" NPC with the Scholar O.C.C. because it better facilitated the specific skills the character needed for the role I planned.

And I agree completely.... in a lot of cases, these classes could be simplified to a single class and something akin to Robotech's "MOS" system. A good example, even in the core, is the difference between the Soldier and the Mercenary Fighter. While they have some different skills, the concepts aren't so terribly differentiated as to necessitate separate OCCs.

I agree, with some caveats. Mercenaries can take any rogue skills, while Soldiers cannot. Poisons, streetwise, picking locks/pockets, finding hidden compartments/doors, palming, and concealment are significant adventuring skills. Soldiers have a few more OCC skills and Mercenaries get a few more OCC related skills.

If Kevin ever decides to make a 3rd Edition, I'd encourage him to push some more differences between the two classes and emphasize more regimentation for Soldiers by giving them more O.C.C. skills, packaging many of their optional skills into MOS skillsets, and taking away most of their OCC related skills. I'd also standardize starting equipment according to where the character comes from and the soldier's specialty. I might give specific MOS's an appropriate special ability, such as bonuses to strike, parry, and AR when fighting in a formation. On the fluff side, I'd include some stuff on the roles, structures, and lifestyles of soldiers in different nations around the Palladium world.

The mercenary, by contrast, I'd leave mostly as it is: a highly customizable man-at-arms who can fill a wide variety of roles, some of which normal Soldiers just can't do. I'd also specify in the fluff that any man-at-arms class can work as a mercenary, but that this specific OCC is meant to be a type of character who has grown up and learned his or her trade on the job, doing mercenary work without the formal structure of military or guild training.
Hotrod
Author, Rifter Contributor, and Map Artist
Duty's Edge, a Rifts novel. Available as an ebook, PDF,or printed book.
Check out my maps here!
Also, check out my Instant NPC Generators!
Like what you see? There's more on my Patreon Page.
Hendrik
Rifter® Contributer
Comment: What is genius? A Victim OCC (BtS 1st ed, p. 193 ss)! The ultimate hero is a victim conquering adversity.

Unread post by Hendrik »

Hi there, all & Father Goose,

I love swashbuckling characters, stunts, and settings. I like the RAKE O.C.C.; makes me think of Charles I immediately for the highest ranking rake there ever was :-)

In Rifter 79 there is an article "Flashing Blades of Horror" - it is not my intention to "plug" my article but I think it may be pertinent to your interests - where you will find rule suggestions on how to handle, inter alia, swashbuckling stunts, i.e. (new)combat manoeuvers, some new skills, social status, etc. and how to handle contacts.

Basically, according to that rule suggestion, which is in a similar vein but different from yours, you would roll for a number of contacts (D3). Then there is a table for what kind of contact you will get (26 options) and even if it is geared to Elizabethan/Stuart times would be easily adaptable for Fantasy. There are rules on how to determine and handle the contact's measure of sympathy (which are measured by "quality" and "affection") for the character and how "affection" may change over time.

If you have a chance to check it out, I will always be happy about some feedback, of course. In any case, hope this is helpful.

Kindest regards
Hendrik
Handouts for Operation Minotaur (BtS Adventure published in RIFTER #83) Get them at the fabulous "House of BtS"![/quote]

May all your hits be crits!
Father Goose
Adventurer

Hendrik wrote:Hi there, all & Father Goose,

I love swashbuckling characters, stunts, and settings. I like the RAKE O.C.C.; makes me think of Charles I immediately for the highest ranking rake there ever was :-)

In Rifter 79 there is an article "Flashing Blades of Horror" - it is not my intention to "plug" my article but I think it may be pertinent to your interests - where you will find rule suggestions on how to handle, inter alia, swashbuckling stunts, i.e. (new)combat manoeuvers, some new skills, social status, etc. and how to handle contacts.

Basically, according to that rule suggestion, which is in a similar vein but different from yours, you would roll for a number of contacts (D3). Then there is a table for what kind of contact you will get (26 options) and even if it is geared to Elizabethan/Stuart times would be easily adaptable for Fantasy. There are rules on how to determine and handle the contact's measure of sympathy (which are measured by "quality" and "affection") for the character and how "affection" may change over time.

If you have a chance to check it out, I will always be happy about some feedback, of course. In any case, hope this is helpful.

Kindest regards
Hendrik

By all means, plug away where relevant! There is really no point in a forum such as this if we are not going to share our ideas. I will have to acquire Rifter #79 and take a look at your article. It sounds like something right up my alley. The most recent issue I have is #71, so I'm a little behind on content. Once I have the opportunity to read your article, I'll happily offer feedback. Collaboration and the exchange of ideas is what I love most about the rpg community and what I miss most about being part of a storyteller team (for V:tM LARP).
I'm glad you like my OCC. I'm still new to Palladium and this was my first foray into writing new content for the game, so I am very pleased with the amount of feedback (mostly positive) that I have received. Once I am more experienced with the various aspects of the Multiverse, and have had the chance to test the waters of this forum, I too hope to achieve the status of Rifter Contributor.
Whiskeyjack
Adventurer

Unread post by Whiskeyjack »

I really like the fact that this OCC comes with a wide range of roleplaying opportunities. It gives a chance to move beyond a hack and slash campaign. You would need the proper player and GM to pull it off though.
Father Goose
Adventurer

Whiskeyjack wrote:I really like the fact that this OCC comes with a wide range of roleplaying opportunities. It gives a chance to move beyond a hack and slash campaign. You would need the proper player and GM to pull it off though.

Thank you, that was my intent. I agree, not just any game is appropriate for this OCC, but it does open opportunities that were not already present. Thank you for your feedback.

Return to “Palladium Fantasy RPG®”