Favorite Villains of Palladium Fantasy (Canon and Original)

1st edition? 2nd edition? It doesnt matter! Let's just talk Palladium Fantasy.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Hotrod
Knight

Favorite Villains of Palladium Fantasy (Canon and Original)

Unread post by Hotrod »

I've heard it said that a story can only be as great as its antagonist. Which published villain in Palladium Fantasy is your favorite, and why? Also, if you've come up with a particularly memorable villain, I invite you to summarize the N.P.C. here and tell us why you liked him/her/it so much.
Hotrod
Author, Rifter Contributor, and Map Artist
Duty's Edge, a Rifts novel. Available as an ebook, PDF,or printed book.
Check out my maps here!
Also, check out my Instant NPC Generators!
Like what you see? There's more on my Patreon Page.
Greyaxe
Champion
Comment: Role playing is not my hobby, it is my lifestyle.

Re: Favorite Villains of Palladium Fantasy (Canon and Origin

Unread post by Greyaxe »

My most hated villain was a witch names Malmorjia. He was the scourge of our palladium fantasy game. Mostly because the GM Cheated during creation by giving him all three gifts instead of just one. as well he fudged rolls in favor of his bad guy because he liked being omnipotent. So a great bad guy is only as good as the GM wielding him. Personally I find one of two play styles works best for a villain. The villain who is your best friend and works in mysterious ways, or the villain you hear about but never see.
Sureshot wrote:Listen you young whippersnappers in my day we had to walk for 15 no 30 miles to the nearest game barefoot both ways. We had real books not PDFS and we carried them on carts we pulled ourselves that we built by hand. We had Thaco and we were happy. If we needed dice we carved ours out of wood. Petrified wood just because we could.
kiralon
Champion
Comment: Kill it with Fire.

Unread post by kiralon »

That would be an npc that when the pc's first met him, they all had the almost uncontrollable urge to gut him right there in the street for some reason, which they then spent the next 7 years irl finding out just all the ways he screwed them. The characters were reincarnated heroes from 20 years ago, and those heroes had been betrayed and sacrificed to the very evil they had been trying to stop, and he was the one that led them into the trap (he was 14 year old guttertrash from old timiro at the time) and he was still working for the bad guy when the pc's came of age 20 years later. I must say I modelled him from Krager from the elenium, and he killed friends, parents, led the party into traps, set fire to orphanages and left evidence against the pc's. The pc's saw him hang once and get beheaded once. He eventually got turned into a monster to try to stop the players from getting to the worldstone before ya blik's shadow.
The players hated that guy, because he always had some sort of teleport device or something of the ilk to get away (hostages about to die etc) but they did catch him twice, and both times the enemy brought him back.
The enemy can resurrect too.
zyanitevp
Champion
Comment: Check out our Twitch stream!

Unread post by zyanitevp »

Necrom is by far my favorite, and he still comes up in my group years later!
From Northern Wilderness....
Broadcasting live twitchtv
My Twitter
Now Playing Savage Rifts as a Trimadore TechnoWizard
Image Image
kiralon
Champion
Comment: Kill it with Fire.

Unread post by kiralon »

Spoiler:
Axel/Noah were great fun to play, especially if you do a couple of extras adventures on the island
(Don't read if you haven't done island at the edge of the world)
Reagren Wright
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: The greatest part of the writer's time is spent in reading, in order to write: a man will turn over half a library to make one book. - Samuel Johnson, 1775

Unread post by Reagren Wright »

His name is Lord Azendor, 8th level Palladin who wields Vald-Korskoi (Rifter #50). He has a group
of supernatural underlines at his disposal. He is the ruler of a city in the Eastern Territory that is
just a Den of Evil another Kaash. Player characters can go into the city and run encounter a number
of adventures. One is trying to take out Lord Azendor. Good luck.
zyanitevp
Champion
Comment: Check out our Twitch stream!

Unread post by zyanitevp »

kiralon wrote:
Spoiler:
Axel/Noah were great fun to play, especially if you do a couple of extras adventures on the island
(Don't read if you haven't done island at the edge of the world)

Agreed
Broadcasting live twitchtv
My Twitter
Now Playing Savage Rifts as a Trimadore TechnoWizard
Image Image

Return to “Palladium Fantasy RPG®”