Palladia Obscura

1st edition? 2nd edition? It doesnt matter! Let's just talk Palladium Fantasy.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

kiralon
Champion
Comment: Kill it with Fire.

Palladia Obscura

Unread post by kiralon »

I have noticed that there have been a lot of obscure, almost hidden references to lots of different things hidden away in each of the books with info that should really be in different books. Do you have a favourite bit of hidden information that's in one book, but should be in another eg In the Wolfen Empire book it mentions that the Timiro army is controlled by a Council of Generals, which I haven't been able to find reference to in the timiro books. This was apparently to stop the King from running off to war himself and getting himself killed. Not actually being able to control the armies would certainly put a limit on the kings political power.

If you do have a favourite tidbit of info drop it here. They are usually good for adventure hooks and other fun things.
Reagren Wright
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: The greatest part of the writer's time is spent in reading, in order to write: a man will turn over half a library to make one book. - Samuel Johnson, 1775

Re: Palladia Obscura

Unread post by Reagren Wright »

Well thanks to a edit made by Kevin, Bizantium Marines come with something called Red Barnacle Armor. However, all material
referring to that armor has been removed. So now you have a red armor with no stats to it.
kiralon
Champion

Unread post by kiralon »

Do you think it will be fixed and the stats given out, I like that idea. It would look cool when they are facing off against the iceborn
kiralon
Champion

Unread post by kiralon »

as it would be great rifter material
Hotrod
Knight

Unread post by Hotrod »

Almost everything specific we know about the Old Kingdom falls into this category. Bletherad has a lot of locations for old elf/dwarf cities and ruins that may or may not be there anymore. The Kobold racial description says that there are some huge subterranean kobold nations, but only one of them is specifically mentioned in the Old Ones book (it's the one connected to the Dwarf community by a long tunnel); Old Ones also places some Timiro towns and forts at the edge of the Old Kingdom, and it describes some of the grasslands and woods on the Old Kingdom side of the mountains that border Timiro. Island at the Edge of the World has a lot of information on a very small area of the Old Kingdom Mountains, along with some broader details about the lowlands. Eastern Territory has a lot of vague descriptions of the far banks of the Old Kingdom River and includes a few details on settlements and ruins that straddle the river, but very little in the way of specifics about the Old Kingdom. The Tombs of Gersidi has some interesting bits and pieces relating to Castle Instax, but little else.
Hotrod
Author, Rifter Contributor, and Map Artist
Duty's Edge, a Rifts novel. Available as an ebook, PDF,or printed book.
Check out my maps here!
Also, check out my Instant NPC Generators!
Like what you see? There's more on my Patreon Page.
kiralon
Champion

Unread post by kiralon »

Hotrod wrote:Almost everything specific we know about the Old Kingdom falls into this category. Bletherad has a lot of locations for old elf/dwarf cities and ruins that may or may not be there anymore. The Kobold racial description says that there are some huge subterranean kobold nations, but only one of them is specifically mentioned in the Old Ones book (it's the one connected to the Dwarf community by a long tunnel); Old Ones also places some Timiro towns and forts at the edge of the Old Kingdom, and it describes some of the grasslands and woods on the Old Kingdom side of the mountains that border Timiro. Island at the Edge of the World has a lot of information on a very small area of the Old Kingdom Mountains, along with some broader details about the lowlands. Eastern Territory has a lot of vague descriptions of the far banks of the Old Kingdom River and includes a few details on settlements and ruins that straddle the river, but very little in the way of specifics about the Old Kingdom. The Tombs of Gersidi has some interesting bits and pieces relating to Castle Instax, but little else.

Did you have a favourite bit of information. The council of generals in timiro is my favourite because I run a lot of political intrigue if players get powerful in timiro with different factions trying to lure them over to them (or assassinate them hehe).
Hotrod
Knight

Unread post by Hotrod »

kiralon wrote:
Hotrod wrote:Almost everything specific we know about the Old Kingdom falls into this category. Bletherad has a lot of locations for old elf/dwarf cities and ruins that may or may not be there anymore. The Kobold racial description says that there are some huge subterranean kobold nations, but only one of them is specifically mentioned in the Old Ones book (it's the one connected to the Dwarf community by a long tunnel); Old Ones also places some Timiro towns and forts at the edge of the Old Kingdom, and it describes some of the grasslands and woods on the Old Kingdom side of the mountains that border Timiro. Island at the Edge of the World has a lot of information on a very small area of the Old Kingdom Mountains, along with some broader details about the lowlands. Eastern Territory has a lot of vague descriptions of the far banks of the Old Kingdom River and includes a few details on settlements and ruins that straddle the river, but very little in the way of specifics about the Old Kingdom. The Tombs of Gersidi has some interesting bits and pieces relating to Castle Instax, but little else.

Did you have a favourite bit of information. The council of generals in timiro is my favourite because I run a lot of political intrigue if players get powerful in timiro with different factions trying to lure them over to them (or assassinate them hehe).

I'm more interested in the geography than the political intrigue, and I've got nothing political to top the Timiro reference. The biggest "oh by the way" changes I've seen have been some of the changes I've seen between one map and another. Timiro in particular is tricky, as the Old Ones map doesn't match up well with any other canon map, and yet it's also the most detailed one. Its coastal shape and proportions are out of whack. This is also an issue in the Yin Sloth and Nimro maps, but both of those are so crude that it's pretty easy to discount the way they don't fit into the broader world.
Hotrod
Author, Rifter Contributor, and Map Artist
Duty's Edge, a Rifts novel. Available as an ebook, PDF,or printed book.
Check out my maps here!
Also, check out my Instant NPC Generators!
Like what you see? There's more on my Patreon Page.
kiralon
Champion

Unread post by kiralon »

Well I must say I mostly run off your maps now so I don't have the topological issues (or should that be topillogical) you have, but I have seen people quote obscure things that I have missed, even after all this time. That was the sort of response I was looking to get. Tricky little bits that have slipped through the cracks, and not just political things, rules, effects and others.
Reagren Wright
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: The greatest part of the writer's time is spent in reading, in order to write: a man will turn over half a library to make one book. - Samuel Johnson, 1775

Unread post by Reagren Wright »

kiralon wrote:I have noticed that there have been a lot of obscure, almost hidden references to lots of different things hidden away in each of the books with info that should really be in different books. Do you have a favourite bit of hidden information that's in one book, but should be in another eg In the Wolfen Empire book it mentions that the Timiro army is controlled by a Council of Generals, which I haven't been able to find reference to in the timiro books. This was apparently to stop the King from running off to war himself and getting himself killed. Not actually being able to control the armies would certainly put a limit on the kings political power.

If you do have a favourite tidbit of info drop it here. They are usually good for adventure hooks and other fun things.

Yeah about that council of generals. I can tell you that has been changed all right (Rifter #63,
official source material about the Timiro Kingdom). The King definitely controls his army, but he
doesn't lead the army into battle. 600 years ago, King Jepon was nearly killed on the battlefield so
it was decided to keep the ruler safe from harm. The military on several occasions has tried to
usurp the control of Timiro from the Royal Family Bloodline, but as none of these military leaders
has ever been a member of the Royal Family and able to summon the magic of the Sword of
Light, the people of Timiro will not accept them for any lengthy period. A legitimate heir of the
Blood Line must sit on the Timiro Throne.

Return to “Palladium Fantasy RPG®”