The Hunting Skill and eratta from Bizantium

1st edition? 2nd edition? It doesnt matter! Let's just talk Palladium Fantasy.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Hotrod
Knight

The Hunting Skill and eratta from Bizantium

Unread post by Hotrod »

I was looking through Bizantium when I noticed that the Iceborn Raider has the Hunting skill. This only shows up in Yin-Sloth Jungles as far as I know. Am I missing something?

(edit) also, the Iceborn Gnagawa is described as a grappling hook that is equivalent of a chain weapon. However, it provides a bonus to entangle, a move that is specifically prohibited under W.P. Chain, and has a -1 to parry, a move that neither the grappling hook nor the chain W.P.'s are allowed to do.
Last edited by Hotrod on Wed Apr 04, 2018 3:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hotrod
Author, Rifter Contributor, and Map Artist
Duty's Edge, a Rifts novel. Available as an ebook, PDF,or printed book.
Check out my maps here!
Also, check out my Instant NPC Generators!
Like what you see? There's more on my Patreon Page.
kiralon
Champion
Comment: Kill it with Fire.

Re: The Hunting Skill

Unread post by kiralon »

Rifter 24 with the conversions for some yin sloth stuff
Reagren Wright
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: The greatest part of the writer's time is spent in reading, in order to write: a man will turn over half a library to make one book. - Samuel Johnson, 1775

Re: The Hunting Skill and eratta from Bizantium

Unread post by Reagren Wright »

The Hunting skill comes from Yin Sloth 1st edition which was technically converted to 2nd edition
thanks to Rifter #24 (cannon). The best we can do until an actual Yin sloth 2nd edition. The
Gnagawa is similar to a Kusari-Gama, which one end can be used to entangle white the other is
still available for striking (requiring the W.P. Chain skill to use effectively). It is also used as a
climbing device. So you could use the skill Grappling Hook (which means it can't be used as
parrying weapon) and entangle opponents, or you use it as a chain weapon and parry opponents
with the hook/blades (W.P. Chain). Weapon bridges the gap and is the best of both worlds. One
weapon that you can use two W.P. separate skills with.

Return to “Palladium Fantasy RPG®”