Wolfen vs Humans with Math

1st edition? 2nd edition? It doesnt matter! Let's just talk Palladium Fantasy.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Whiskeyjack
Adventurer

Re: Wolfen vs Humans with Math

Unread post by Whiskeyjack »

You're talking range though, not size. Several spells change depending on the size of the caster. Chameleon, Armour of Ithan, Float in Air, Energy Field, Fire Fist, Cocoon of Stone, Fiery Touch, Deep Freeze, Spectral Sword, Shadeshield, and Shadesword all change properties depending on who the magic is cast on. Being magic, I would personally allow that a giant casting Create Bread and Milk would get one gallon of milk, and 2D6 loaves of giant sized bread. Virtually all spells predate humans, and there is no information on the types of creatures that lived during the Age of Chaos. Elves could have been one of the very few human sized races. There is no guarantee that any spell exists to serve a human sized creator, other than our own bias being human.
kiralon
Champion
Comment: Kill it with Fire.

Re: Wolfen vs Humans with Math

Unread post by kiralon »

Whiskeyjack wrote:You're talking range though, not size. Several spells change depending on the size of the caster. Chameleon, Armour of Ithan, Float in Air, Energy Field, Fire Fist, Cocoon of Stone, Fiery Touch, Deep Freeze, Spectral Sword, Shadeshield, and Shadesword all change properties depending on who the magic is cast on. Being magic, I would personally allow that a giant casting Create Bread and Milk would get one gallon of milk, and 2D6 loaves of giant sized bread. Virtually all spells predate humans, and there is no information on the types of creatures that lived during the Age of Chaos. Elves could have been one of the very few human sized races. There is no guarantee that any spell exists to serve a human sized creator, other than our own bias being human.

The spells are very human centric, note even you called them giant sized loaves of bread, so by that theory an earthshaker casting the spell would get a 100ft long load of bread.
Cocoon of stone for example only weighs 500lbs if cast on a dragon or a dwarf, but I'd guess that's the amount it weighs when covering a human sized figure. Energy field is a dome of energy with a diameter 8ft across that can protect up to 8 people, wouldn't protect a dragon though.
Would float work on an earthshaker?, how about a boat? how about a 50000 ton block of stone? That's some pretty strong wind.
Armour of Ithan creates a full suit of mystic armour, not many dragons could wear that, nor horses. It does say anyone so that also intimates its made for humans/oids.
A dragon casts charismatic aura, is that centred on his head or his body, makes a difference because if hes a big one and its centred on his body his head could stick out of the radius of effect.
All spells should be non human orientated but they are. As I mentioned before there are spells a dragon can cast that wont reach the ground he's standing on if he's standing up fully.
Circle of flame, how much of a barrier is that (5ft high) if you are 20 feet tall.
Fly spell is useless unless you are mansized
Size of the behemoth is useless for giants and dragons
Words of truth has to have the questioner and questioned within 5ft, that's pretty awkward if you are a dragon.

So generally I think you should be right but think on the whole the palladium system is human centric and 3 days old.

Return to “Palladium Fantasy RPG®”