PFRPG 2nd ed ebooks?

1st edition? 2nd edition? It doesnt matter! Let's just talk Palladium Fantasy.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

pblackcrow
Champion

PFRPG 2nd ed ebooks?

Unread post by pblackcrow »

Does anyone "OFFICIAL" have any idea when the rest of the PFRPG 2nd ed books will be released on ebooks?
Ankh, udja, seneb.
Library Ogre
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: My comments do not necessarily represent the views of Palladium Books.

Re: PFRPG 2nd ed ebooks?

Unread post by Library Ogre »

I'm not the least bit official, but given the way RTT is going, they might have bigger things on their plates right now.
-overproduced by Martin Hannett

When I see someone "fisking" these days my first inclination is to think "That person doesn't have much to say, and says it in volume." -John Scalzi
Happiness is a long block list.
If you don't want to be vilified, don't act like a villain.
The Megaverse runs on vibes.
All Palladium Articles
Mutant Dawn for Savage Worlds!
Reagren Wright
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: The greatest part of the writer's time is spent in reading, in order to write: a man will turn over half a library to make one book. - Samuel Johnson, 1775

Unread post by Reagren Wright »

pblackcrow wrote:Does anyone "OFFICIAL" have any idea when the rest of the PFRPG 2nd ed books will be released on ebooks?

Yes I want Bizantium on pdf. Like going to take a while.
kiralon
Champion
Comment: Kill it with Fire.

Unread post by kiralon »

Mark Hall wrote:I'm not the least bit official, but given the way RTT is going, they might have bigger things on their plates right now.

Wow I didn't realise tactics had failed so hard, With the amount of money lost and a possible lawsuit from the robotech kickstarter it's possible it could be the death knell for palladium books (Not to mention all the dislike they have built up from it). Even if they do survive the Robotech Tactics fallout losing the robotech ip would mean that to stay alive they would likely have to focus on the money makers like rifts, so I doubt another palladium fantasy book will be coming for awhile/if ever.
pblackcrow
Champion

Well, SHOULD worse case scenario happen, I'm almost certain that they will be bought out and licenses and rights bought up. Hopefully by people who will continue these lines, and actually check them for errors and edit them...which for some reason keep getting left in the books. And hopefully do so with an open trademark.
Ankh, udja, seneb.
kiralon
Champion
Comment: Kill it with Fire.

Unread post by kiralon »

This also means if you ever want to buy brand new robotech books you have until april I think. Then they will be gone.
Jack Burton
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by Jack Burton »

pblackcrow wrote:Well, SHOULD worse case scenario happen, I'm almost certain that they will be bought out and licenses and rights bought up. Hopefully by people who will continue these lines, and actually check them for errors and edit them...which for some reason keep getting left in the books. And hopefully do so with an open trademark.

I wouldn't count on it. It's absolutely stunning how little Robotech stuff is out there. If I owned that license, I'd market the hell out of it. Harmony Gold is sitting on a gold mine and they do nothing with it. Unreal.
pblackcrow
Champion

Jack Burton wrote:I wouldn't count on it. It's absolutely stunning how little Robotech stuff is out there. If I owned that license, I'd market the hell out of it. Harmony Gold is sitting on a gold mine and they do nothing with it. Unreal.

No, I was talking about if Palladium Books goes under because of the lawsuits.
Ankh, udja, seneb.
Jack Burton
Megaversal® Ambassador

pblackcrow wrote:
Jack Burton wrote:I wouldn't count on it. It's absolutely stunning how little Robotech stuff is out there. If I owned that license, I'd market the hell out of it. Harmony Gold is sitting on a gold mine and they do nothing with it. Unreal.

No, I was talking about if Palladium Books goes under because of the lawsuits.

Oh, I see. Great question. It would be heartbreaking if they closed their doors.
zyanitevp
Champion
Comment: Check out our Twitch stream!

Unread post by zyanitevp »

Reagren Wright wrote:
pblackcrow wrote:Does anyone "OFFICIAL" have any idea when the rest of the PFRPG 2nd ed books will be released on ebooks?

Yes I want Bizantium on pdf. Like going to take a while.

I would get Bizantium on PDF!!
Broadcasting live twitchtv
My Twitter
Now Playing Savage Rifts as a Trimadore TechnoWizard
Image Image
pblackcrow
Champion

Jack Burton wrote:Oh, I see. Great question. It would be heartbreaking if they closed their doors.

I don't know if I would have the same reaction. I mean, yes, I get that they are busy. However, it has been a LONG ride, and their promises were not kept. And I have simply lost almost all of my faith in the company.
Ankh, udja, seneb.
Jack Burton
Megaversal® Ambassador

pblackcrow wrote:
Jack Burton wrote:Oh, I see. Great question. It would be heartbreaking if they closed their doors.

I don't know if I would have the same reaction. I mean, yes, I get that they are busy. However, it has been a LONG ride, and their promises were not kept. And I have simply lost almost all of my faith in the company.

For me, there is a lot of sentimental value to Palladium games from my childhood. The games also bring many of us together as friends for a wonderful time. Of course, any game system is capable of that, but there is something special about playing the same game with your kid that you also played when you were young. I understand how you feel, though.
pblackcrow
Champion

Jack Burton wrote:For me, there is a lot of sentimental value to Palladium games from my childhood. The games also bring many of us together as friends for a wonderful time. Of course, any game system is capable of that, but there is something special about playing the same game with your kid that you also played when you were young. I understand how you feel, though.

Agreed, there is.
Ankh, udja, seneb.

Return to “Palladium Fantasy RPG®”