Question about Palladium bugbears

1st edition? 2nd edition? It doesnt matter! Let's just talk Palladium Fantasy.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

mojojojo
D-Bee

Question about Palladium bugbears

Unread post by mojojojo »

I really like the Palladium bugbears. Instead of large bear like goblins like in D&D ,they are small goblin like bears Does any one know of any modules books that featured them significantly
Reagren Wright
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: The greatest part of the writer's time is spent in reading, in order to write: a man will turn over half a library to make one book. - Samuel Johnson, 1775

Re: Question about Palladium bugbears

Unread post by Reagren Wright »

As far as I can remember the Northern Hinterlands talks about them being in the Ophid
Grasslands, but they do not feature prominetly in the book as centaurs or kankoran do.
Library Ogre
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: My comments do not necessarily represent the views of Palladium Books.

Unread post by Library Ogre »

They are likely less prominent because they're scattered and decentralized... they don't form vast herds like Centaurs, or have the connection to Wolfen that the Kankoran do... they're just weird little monsters who teleport and turn into giant ******* bears.
-overproduced by Martin Hannett

When I see someone "fisking" these days my first inclination is to think "That person doesn't have much to say, and says it in volume." -John Scalzi
Happiness is a long block list.
If you don't want to be vilified, don't act like a villain.
The Megaverse runs on vibes.
All Palladium Articles
Mutant Dawn for Savage Worlds!
Lukterran
Adventurer

Unread post by Lukterran »

Bugbears are terribly power and mean little guys. I can't understate just how dangerous they are. They could take down a force 10 times their number. The travel in groups (and some of those groups are ridiculously large) and having a creature that can teleport and turn invisible at will is incredibly confusing for anyone that cannot see the invisible. You would never know if you are fighting 4 or 40 of them.

Long ago me and my friend made a pair of brother bugbear assassins in a game. Needless to say they were broken and munchkin level of crazy powerful just at 2nd level.

Return to “Palladium Fantasy RPG®”