Pinkerton

1st edition? 2nd edition? It doesnt matter! Let's just talk Palladium Fantasy.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Veknironth
Hero

Pinkerton

Unread post by Veknironth »

Well, I'm curious. Are there any private investigative or law enforcement entities in the Palladium world? I can think of the Collectors and the Undead Hunters, but that isn't quite what I'm thinking of here. I imagine something like the old Pinkerton detectives with agents going out and solving crimes or busting crime rings.

-Vek
"Canon or not."
Jack Burton
Megaversal® Ambassador

Re: Pinkerton

Unread post by Jack Burton »

Veknironth wrote:Well, I'm curious. Are there any private investigative or law enforcement entities in the Palladium world? I can think of the Collectors and the Undead Hunters, but that isn't quite what I'm thinking of here. I imagine something like the old Pinkerton detectives with agents going out and solving crimes or busting crime rings.

-Vek
"Canon or not."

There's the Lazlo Agency in Beyond the Supernatural. It's not exactly traditional Law Enforcement, but a private entity that conducts investigations into the paranormal and does do "Ghostbusting", if you will.
The Beast
Demon Lord Extraordinaire
Comment: You probably think this comment is about you, don't you?

Unread post by The Beast »

Jack Burton wrote:
Veknironth wrote:Well, I'm curious. Are there any private investigative or law enforcement entities in the Palladium world? I can think of the Collectors and the Undead Hunters, but that isn't quite what I'm thinking of here. I imagine something like the old Pinkerton detectives with agents going out and solving crimes or busting crime rings.

-Vek
"Canon or not."

There's the Lazlo Agency in Beyond the Supernatural. It's not exactly traditional Law Enforcement, but a private entity that conducts investigations into the paranormal and does do "Ghostbusting", if you will.

Wrong setting.
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Unread post by drewkitty ~..~ »

No there is not.

However, it is not far fetched that a noble house would hire a mercenary group to do (help with) their law enforcement.
May you be blessed with the ability to change course when you are off the mark.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
Reading and writing (literacy) is how people on BBS interact.
Jack Burton
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by Jack Burton »

The Beast wrote:
Jack Burton wrote:

-Vek
"Canon or not."

Wrong setting.

Ya..... 2 seconds after I hit "Submit", I realized we were in the PFRPG category and the "Palladium" setting Ven was referring to was for that, not Palladium in general. There's always the Sheriff of Nottingham, right? :lol:
Last edited by Jack Burton on Sun Feb 04, 2018 8:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
kiralon
Champion
Comment: Kill it with Fire.

Unread post by kiralon »

Most places have law enforcement, in Kaash there are the pikes, and they like putting heads on said pikes. Llorn has a separate police force for each district.
But the following are probably more along the lines of what you are looking for.
In western empire there is the syrefald detective agency (mostly a thieves guild) , palisade has damage inc, also Colfax has Opeireth & Raoto. (This odd pair of detectives are constantly bickering with each other. Both are humans, one tall and thin, the other, short and fat) and I think just a couple of other detective agencies with nothing unusual about them.
Timiro has Arron Detective Agency. Windthrop has Latimur who is actually a tavern keeper with Sherlock aspirations.

There is likely more but these are the ones I use.

Are you trying to adapt a pinkerton story into an adventure. (I found modifying other premade whodunit adventures easier, there is a cool one where a group of peoples memories have been modified to hide a murder and they players are actually part of that group and aren't actually who they think they are and one of them could be the murderer, was a great adventure but was sci fi and had to be modified, and only really works with new pc's)

edit
Oh, knights and paladins could also do the job too if memory serves me right.
Suicycho
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Suicycho »

Yes there is. Page 21 of Eastern Territory book. An O.C.C. called the Master Collector. The description even says “the Master Collector is more like the Pinkerton detectives of the United States’ Wild West.”
Suicycho-the only Sound Off poster to get a thread locked for flaming himself.

"And that's why I call you Cracker you cracker." -Daniel Stoker

"IM perfectly willing to accept whatever Suicycho say's as GOd GIven Truth." -Sir Spirit
kiralon
Champion

Unread post by kiralon »

Lol, the Pinkerton Detectives were real, they sound like a story.
The Dark Elf
Rifter® Contributer
Comment: "So gentlemen, are you prepared to open your minds and travel to worlds hitherto undreamed of?"

Unread post by The Dark Elf »

The write up of master collectors specifically says they are like the Pinkerton detectives.
Rifter 52 Cannibal Magic
Rifter 55 The Ancestral Mystic P.C.C.
Rifter 59 The Lopanic Games adventure "The Lion, the Ditch & the Warlock". Illustrations to this adventure can be found here.
Rifter 71 & 72 Double Issue Ninjas & Superspies adventure "On a Wing & a Prayer"
Rifter 80 Masters Unlimited
Veknironth
Hero

Well, yeah it does, but that wasn't quite what I was seeking. I guess I can make something up.

-Vek
"I know about the Collectors. I specifically mentioned them."
kiralon
Champion

Unread post by kiralon »

did you checkout the ones I mentioned, they are in the books.
Veknironth
Hero

Well, I think I need to look harder at the Arron Detective agency. That might work.

-Vek
"It's the right region also."

Return to “Palladium Fantasy RPG®”