highest p.p.e. to start?

1st edition? 2nd edition? It doesnt matter! Let's just talk Palladium Fantasy.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Thom001
Explorer

highest p.p.e. to start?

Unread post by Thom001 »

Hello, I was just wondering what race and or occ has the highest p.p.e. count to start?
Veknironth
Hero

Re: highest p.p.e. to start?

Unread post by Veknironth »

Well, as for OCC, I believe it's the Wizard. As for which race, I guess that depends on whether you mean which Player character race or just any race.

-Vek
"I Imagine Dragons have the highest PPE."
Thom001
Explorer

Unread post by Thom001 »

Yes, I meant races players could utilize.
kiralon
Champion
Comment: Kill it with Fire.

Unread post by kiralon »

I don't think race ppe and occ ppe add together, so its mostly be a wizard harry.
Lukterran
Adventurer

Unread post by Lukterran »

Class
Either Wizard or Summoner: Wizard will possibly top out higher than a Summoner but Summoners can potential get more starting P.P.E. based 180 vs. 140.

Wizard gets: 3D4x10+20, in addition to the P.E. attribute number. Add 3D6 P.P.E. per each level of experience
Summoner gets: 3D6x10 plus the P.E. attribute number. Add 2D6 P.P.E. per each level of experience

Races:
Of the standard 13 races both Elves and Goblins start with 6D6 PPE base and they both have a base P.E. of 3D6.

Of monster races Faeries have the most 1D6x100 P.P.E. Then it is like Lizard Mage, Kildred, Titans, Sphinx, Flying Turtles etc...
I'm not including dragons or they would be the highest potential.
Axelmania
Knight

Unread post by Axelmania »

Summoners will always be on top because they can just have loyal Boschala minions to draw from.
Hotrod
Knight

Unread post by Hotrod »

A human offspring of a Selkie gets a bonus to P.P.E. that should apply.
Hotrod
Author, Rifter Contributor, and Map Artist
Duty's Edge, a Rifts novel. Available as an ebook, PDF,or printed book.
Check out my maps here!
Also, check out my Instant NPC Generators!
Like what you see? There's more on my Patreon Page.
kiralon
Champion

Unread post by kiralon »

Lukterran wrote:Class
Either Wizard or Summoner: Wizard will possibly top out higher than a Summoner but Summoners can potential get more starting P.P.E. based 180 vs. 140.

Wizard gets: 3D4x10+20, in addition to the P.E. attribute number. Add 3D6 P.P.E. per each level of experience
Summoner gets: 3D6x10 plus the P.E. attribute number. Add 2D6 P.P.E. per each level of experience

Races:
Of the standard 13 races both Elves and Goblins start with 6D6 PPE base and they both have a base P.E. of 3D6.

Of monster races Faeries have the most 1D6x100 P.P.E. Then it is like Lizard Mage, Kildred, Titans, Sphinx, Flying Turtles etc...

Goblin adults are 6d6, elven adults are 5d6, elven children are 1d6x10.
But I thought base had nothing to do with o.c.c total as you 'used up' your base p.p.e in picking your class, then you build upon it again from your class (Well that's how it works for psionicists and some other classes mentioned in the books) so it's whatever class has the highest p.p.e
The Beast
Demon Lord Extraordinaire
Comment: You probably think this comment is about you, don't you?

Unread post by The Beast »

kiralon wrote:

Races:

But I thought base had nothing to do with o.c.c total as you 'used up' your base p.p.e in picking your class, then you build upon it again from your class (Well that's how it works for psionicists and some other classes mentioned in the books) so it's whatever class has the highest p.p.e

That's generally how it works, however there are a few races that say to add the race's base PPE to any magic OCC's starting amount (I think elves might be one of them).
thorr-kan
Adventurer

Unread post by thorr-kan »

Lizard Mage. 5d6x10 + OCC PPE.
I have a blog; come see what I've created: https://thewhiteminotaur.wordpress.com/
-The 2024 Character Creation Challenge (#charactercreationchallenge):
https://thewhiteminotaur.wordpress.com/ ... challenge/
Zer0 Kay
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by Zer0 Kay »

kiralon wrote:

Races:

So apparently Elves are stupider than humans since they have to invest more PPE into learning to become a wizard than a human does?
:thwak: you some might think you're a :clown: but you're cool in book :ok: :thwak:--Mecha-Viper
BEST IDEA EVER!!! -- The Galactus Kid
Holy crapy, you're Zer0 Kay?! --TriaxTech
Zer0 Kay is my hero. --Atramentus
The Zer0 of Kay, who started this fray,
Kept us laughing until the end. -The Fifth Business (In loving Memory of the teleport thread)
kiralon
Champion

Unread post by kiralon »

Magic doesn't seem that hard to pick up either so they must be a complete bunch of Idiots.
And if you burn your ppe learning a class, how do you learn a second class unless you are a magic using class, and then does that mean you can change to many classes because you have/had so much ppe.
Lizard Mages don't count because legends suggest they are second in power to the old ones, but only know magic of today, so they must be missing a few marbles, and I don't know anyone who would let a pc start as one in pfrpg. Faeries yes, dragon oops i mean humanoid dragon thingies no.

Return to “Palladium Fantasy RPG®”